Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

iron buns posted:

Hey Evil_Merlin, stop brigading our dead gay subreddit forum!

lmfao this is the saddest, dumbest thing I've ever seen.

But hey, Citizens, while you're here, consider hanging out. We have several pro-Star Citizen posters here who enjoy friendly jokes and japes, and there's actually a whole big forum outside of SCAM that's about a billion times more fun than reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

EvilMerlin posted:

Its a modified Luftwaffe insignia. Luftwaffe != Nazi.

:justpost:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

just ignore all the warcrimes the luftwaffe did

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

EvilMerlin posted:

I wish those were mine. They belong to our Org.

The org with 3 members?

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Agony Aunt posted:

At the end of the day you choose to come into a forum where the previailing mood regarding SC is overwhelmingly negative. You have to know you're going to be in for a rough ride.

I mean, i used to post in the SC sub and regularly got a hell of a lot worse than you are getting here. Direct insults were only half of it. At least here its largely just good natured ribbing (or is that rubbing?). At least (as far as i've seen) you haven't had any vitriol and insults like a skeptic gets on the SC subreddit.

Ultimately its why i asked the SC sub admins to ban me for a year (thinking in a year from when i asked for it the game's future would be a bit clearer and maybe the cultists would have woken up a bit), because debating there was just a waste of time. It went from zero to hate in a single post.

By all means, continue posting, it does provide some good entertainment, and unlike the SC sub, people here are nice.

Evilmerlin's welcome here. Although he could try harder to be funny. Or at least give better zings :smith:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

good dog

all dogs are good

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

EvilMerlin posted:

Its a modified Luftwaffe insignia. Luftwaffe != Nazi.

I’m not a Nazi mom I’m just really really into the imagery that just so happened to belong to the armed forces of the Nazi state and advanced their agenda.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

MoMa turns up Darth Vader style to sort this poser Evil_Merlin out

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Also :allears: for putting “Latin” as your second language.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

for clarity's sake, for the rest of the thread, the current Bundeswehr insignia is this:

very similar, but with swoopy edges like the old pre-WWII versions.

The Iron Cross, as seen on that Typhoon, has been used by Germans for like forever, and was reauthorized for use in the 50s. The straight armed cross our hero chose is the only version that is uniquely specific to the Nazis lol.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

drat beet, you spoiled my Master plan for this discussion :argh:

Goons ruin everything

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

oh poo poo, my bad. Hey nobody read my post ok?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Beet Goblin posted:

lmfao this is the saddest, dumbest thing I've ever seen.

But hey, Citizens, while you're here, consider hanging out. We have several pro-Star Citizen posters here who enjoy friendly jokes and japes, and there's actually a whole big forum outside of SCAM that's about a billion times more fun than reddit.

Thanks, I was in search of patterns for this years dog-o-lantern (I just realized Kayak was born nearly the same day as our doggo), and this will be it!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

Evil_Merlin is in for at least $5000+, and bought a Hercules during the whale pre-sale event.

lol @Evil_Merlin $5000+ in Star Citizen

I have new found respect for Toast.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

iron buns posted:

The org with 3 members?

No, the White Knights. Not Raumwaffe.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Citizens using Nazi imagery in their pretend clans for a pretend game because it "looks cool?"

That isn't weird at all.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Think of all the vintage Nazi memorabilia he could have bought “ironically” with that cash

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Is FOIP a fancy 4 letter version for FUD?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ah, the organization with 13 members. Got it. lol

Meridian posted:

Citizens using Nazi imagery in their pretend clans for a pretend game because it "looks cool?"

That isn't weird at all.

Games need bad guys and who was badder than the nazis? You should actually be thanking me for making your game more realistic

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Seems appropriate for this page.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Jesus Christ.

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Wait, is this real ? I thought it was a parody account. Who would post a picture of an aircraft in clouds to promote their face-capture technology ?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Face Over, I Pee

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Nyast posted:

Wait, is this real ? I thought it was a parody account. Who would post a picture of an aircraft in clouds to promote their face-capture technology ?

It is very real

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1048968930541297665

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Beet Goblin posted:

for clarity's sake, for the rest of the thread, the current Bundeswehr insignia is this:

very similar, but with swoopy edges like the old pre-WWII versions.

The Iron Cross, as seen on that Typhoon, has been used by Germans for like forever, and was reauthorized for use in the 50s. The straight armed cross our hero chose is the only version that is uniquely specific to the Nazis lol.

Bundeswehr is the overall name for the Armed Services of Germany.

The Air Force is still called the Luftwaffe.

And said Luftwaffe was started by Gerhard Barkhorn, Erich Hartmann, Gunther Rall and Johannes Steinhoff... all of which were former Luftwaffe members under the Wehrmacht. None of them were Nazi's and some of them in fact had to prove this over and over again.

All of these pilots were the best of the best, Barkhorn with 301 kills, Hartmann with 352 kills, Rall with 275 kills and Stienhoff with 176 kills.

This is why I named my org Raumwaffe (space force). These four guys stayed alive during the war, shot down more fighters combined than nearly the rest of the world did. And then they went on and made the Luftwaffe what it is today.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

EvilMerlin posted:

Bundeswehr is the overall name for the Armed Services of Germany.

The Air Force is still called the Luftwaffe.

And said Luftwaffe was started by Gerhard Barkhorn, Erich Hartmann, Gunther Rall and Johannes Steinhoff... all of which were former Luftwaffe members under the Wehrmacht. None of them were Nazi's and some of them in fact had to prove this over and over again.

All of these pilots were the best of the best, Barkhorn with 301 kills, Hartmann with 352 kills, Rall with 275 kills and Stienhoff with 176 kills.

This is why I named my org Raumwaffe (space force). These four guys stayed alive during the war, shot down more fighters combined than nearly the rest of the world did. And then they went on and made the Luftwaffe what it is today.

Ok Nazi, you do you.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Jesus Christ this is why Americans shouldn't dive into European history for their war boners.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

I fought for Hitler, but I tells ya I'm no Nazi.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Think of all the vintage Nazi memorabilia he could have bought “ironically” with that cash

I do have vintage parts from both the Bf 109 and Fw 190 D9. But I also do from the Mig-3, LaGG-3, P-51A, P-47D and the P-39. WW2 aircraft, regardless of country of origin are drat fascinating.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Combat Theory posted:

Jesus Christ this is why Americans shouldn't dive into European history for their war boners.

I can dive into anything I want. WW2 history isn't just European history. Or did you forget most of North America and most of the Orient fought in said war as well?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Also Merlin, you still don't address the fact that about why you are using a symbol that is synonymous with the Nazi-era Luftwaffe.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

EvilMerlin posted:

Why are you even pretending at this point lol.

At least most gang members I’ve ran into in my work are proud of being members of their lovely organization.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

I mean if you want to have a Nazi-themed org in Star Citizen that's cool and all, but don't beat around the bush.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Incitatus posted:

I fought for Hitler, but I tells ya I'm no Nazi.

I highly recommend reading:

The Blond Knight of Germany: A biography of Erich Hartmann
German Fighter Ace Erich Hartmann: The Life Story of the Worlds Highest Scoring Ace
Gunther Rall: A Memoir, Luftwaffe Ace & NATO General
My Logbook: Reminiscences 1938-2006
The German Aces Speak: World War II Through the Eyes of Four of the Luftwaffe's Most Important Commanders
Das Vergessene As: Der Jagdflieger Gerhard Barkhor

and perhaps most importantly The Final Hours: The Luftwaffe Plot against Goring.

Should help correct your incorrect views of history.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Why are you even pretending at this point lol.

At least most gang members I’ve ran into in my work are proud of being members of their lovely organization.

That's nice.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Incitatus posted:

Also Merlin, you still don't address the fact that about why you are using a symbol that is synonymous with the Nazi-era Luftwaffe.

Actually, I did. Its right above.

Reading is fundamental.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

EvilMerlin posted:

I highly recommend reading:

The Blond Knight of Germany: A biography of Erich Hartmann
German Fighter Ace Erich Hartmann: The Life Story of the Worlds Highest Scoring Ace
Gunther Rall: A Memoir, Luftwaffe Ace & NATO General
My Logbook: Reminiscences 1938-2006
The German Aces Speak: World War II Through the Eyes of Four of the Luftwaffe's Most Important Commanders
Das Vergessene As: Der Jagdflieger Gerhard Barkhor

and perhaps most importantly The Final Hours: The Luftwaffe Plot against Goring.

Should help correct your incorrect views of history.

Yes those are all reliable sources from people who had no interest in white washing their connection with Nazism.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

EvilMerlin posted:

Actually, I did. Its right above.

Reading is fundamental.

Please do quote exactly where you addressed that oh great citizen.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Please do quote exactly where you addressed that oh great citizen.

And he doges the question again! Hat trick!

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 8, 2018

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Yes those are all reliable sources from people who had no interest in white washing their connection with Nazism.

You do know what happened across the world in the 1960's and 70's with the Nazi's right? Especially to Nazi's who climbed to any level of power in West Germany right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's so incredibly fitting that the dude who chose the only Nazi-specific version of the Iron Cross for his outfit is also a "Clean Wehrmacht" guy lmfao.