Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

One of our legendary skilled miners has died after falling into lava from deciding the best place to channel our lava chute was on top of it, at least we know it works now! He will be memorialized within the Temple of Labor

I accelerated my own death and will live forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i hereby demand recognition of the Jewelers Union Local 42069 from the perfidious BOSS of the fortress

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Arioch posted:

You know what this fortress really needs? A cult. As trader, I'd like to start buying up arms to supply to anyone willing to join the new sect.

Agreed, but only if we continue to oppose Druj

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The Jewelers Union also pledges their support to the new cult

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll build a new temple for the cult right away then. I'm also working on a THUNDERDOME so everyone can watch the militia beat the poo poo out of the creatures we have captured

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

Another huge wave of migrants, updated list

that's a lot of fuckin poets

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

bards are only allowed if they can play ride the lightning

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

We need to thin out this poet and bard population.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bert Roberge posted:

freckle posted:

turn the militia on that loving carnival IMO

:hai:

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

yinlock to his (her) hand ripped off by a polar bear, thanks to her sacrifice though we have captured a polar bear!

"im not owned. im not owned."

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bert Roberge posted:

The minute i can they are all being drafted

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

this is the future the libs want

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

the more time listening to poetry, the less time participating in a gloabl techno-mercantile system of environmental degradation and colonization. so, as an anprim, i say listen to the poems.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bullfrog posted:

the more time listening to poetry, the less time participating in a gloabl techno-mercantile system of environmental degradation and colonization. so, as an anprim, i say listen to the poems.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You just got drafted binch
here's ur sword, gently caress you

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Send all poets and bard into the THUNDERDOME

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

yinlock to his (her) hand ripped off by a polar bear, thanks to her sacrifice though we have captured a polar bear!

bear retrieval unit getting shown up p strongly

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
press these zhivago rear end dwarves into the partisans

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Submitting this as a plan for a future defensive strategy.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Squizzle posted:

bear retrieval unit getting shown up p strongly

Since Yinlock and I pretty much share the same ideology, I congratulate him on his victory. It's his turn.

btw is wood burner literal or do I do other stuff as well?

Bear Retrieval Unit has issued a correction as of 19:00 on Oct 8, 2018

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

we're letting in elves?

they must die

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
we should create a path to dwarfenship for elves, perhaps through service in the militia.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Prav posted:

we're letting in elves?

they must die

I'm sorry but I, Hillary Clintonist, must stop you there. Fact is we need some dirty jobs done, and common respectable Dwarves simply cannot be expected to do them. To this problem, I propose a solution - loosely formalize a class of underpersons with no rights or protections, infinitely vulnerable to the machinations of Dwarf-owned capital, working for pennies on the dollar.

Elves are perfect for this - they are a simple folk with no concept of money, and can be easily terrorized by regional mobs into total submission with no more cost than that of a few saws

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

That is the final insult. The futurist party calls upon all right-minded and loyal Dwarves to rise up and overthrow the traitorous elf-loving government in a righteous putsch. The days of this rotting, backwards-looking administration must end, and the Dwarven State must look towards the future; vital, nimble, and healthy.

All true Dwarves will heed the clarion call to battle: Drive out the foreign invaders and their sympathizers! Execute the traitors, drive the elves back beyond whence they came! Their silly tree-houses will provide charcoal for our forges, that our smiths can create the war-materiel that will fuel further victory!

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

we should create a path to dwarfenship for elves, perhaps through service in the militia.

their bones would serve better

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
what are the metallic properties of the elves' currency?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

We're already too overpopulated to support our local biosphere.

Kill all the non-dwarves, eat their meat, and carve their bones into arrows to fire on others.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Flavius Aetass posted:

what are the metallic properties of the elves' currency?

The elves use as their currency acorns, and not acorns that they pick, but acorns that they ask politely to fall from their branches. They think it is cruel to pick anything from a tree. And some cowards believe that we could not crush these tree-huggers without the least effort? I tell you all, if we kick in the door the whole structure will come tumbling down.

Here in the desolate tundra, we have no trees to duel our fires or to craft with, while the elf indolently lies about in his treefort, asking the branches to grow into his crafts. We shall have wood and charcoal the likes of which shall fuel our fires and keep our carpenters occupied for years! Rally to the flag, true Dwarves! !Viva la Muerte!

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Prav posted:

we're letting in elves?

they must die

smooth, hairless elves you say?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
i fully support this acorn currency, provided the free flow of goods results in enough acorns to hold their value at 1/16th that of a silver coin

my plan to fully revitalize this fortress is as follows:

step 1: tremendous influx of 1/16th silver coin acorns

step 2: [still working on this]

step 3: full revitalization of the fortress

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Flavius Aetass posted:

i fully support this acorn currency, provided the free flow of goods results in enough acorns to hold their value at 1/16th that of a silver coin

my plan to fully revitalize this fortress is as follows:

step 1: tremendous influx of 1/16th silver coin acorns

step 2: [still working on this]

step 3: full revitalization of the fortress

I'm not sure about step 2, but perhaps if we kept ledger on something solid and permanent, some sort of large block bounded in as many chains are as necessary for inscriptions, then that will give it the legitimacy and grounding it needs

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

I'm not sure about step 2, but perhaps if we kept ledger on something solid and permanent, some sort of large block bounded in as many chains are as necessary for inscriptions, then that will give it the legitimacy and grounding it needs

yes, this sounds like just the thing to keep these eastern bankers' power in check, a goal i'm sure you share.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

google Urist Bookchin

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Epic High Five posted:

But surely this will require an ever increasing number of miner dwarf, as more blocks will be needed as our economy grows. Why, at some point we may even run out of stones to mine for the blocks.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
jobs! jobs! jobs!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

But surely this will require an ever increasing number of miner dwarf, as more blocks will be needed as our economy grows. Why, at some point we may even run out of stones to mine for the blocks.

spoken just like a disgusting poet dwarf

ur just mad that you're on the way out and that a new wave of forward thinking dwarfonomics is about to take the mines by storm

Flavius Aetass posted:

jobs! jobs! jobs!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

iv done the math and from the combination of ideologies we have "rehabilitation through service/labor" seems to be the prevailing theme. This is good though! Elves have very high innate stats to make up for the fact their civs only use wooden armor and weapons, so if you recruit them and give them metal weapons they become really loving OP.

Bert Roberge posted:

We're already too overpopulated to support our local biosphere.

Kill all the non-dwarves, eat their meat, and carve their bones into arrows to fire on others.

Unfortunately we have too many anarchists and they keep voting down the "Death camps for minorities" thing

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venom Snake posted:

iv done the math and from the combination of ideologies we have "rehabilitation through service/labor" seems to be the prevailing theme. This is good though! Elves have very high innate stats to make up for the fact their civs only use wooden armor and weapons, so if you recruit them and give them metal weapons they become really loving OP.

Unfortunately we have too many anarchists and they keep voting down the "Death camps for minorities" thing

change me into a national bolshevik

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
You guys know I'm a Nazi, so if we can't get the votes for these necessary death camps for elves we're going to have to look to more basic institutional reform.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Tell the miners to search for bitcoins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
as an anarchist i move to form a killing nazis affinity group

who's with me?

• Locked thread