Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
With Ajayi and Kupp out I've accepted that I'm not going to win against the guy who already has the most points for this week. So, unfortunately, after all that stupidity I'm stuck with a DST that I don't need. I'm curious as to how to move forward.

The Texan's schedule looks pretty good. Dallas tonight, then Buffalo, Jacksonville, Miami, and then Denver. Meanwhile the Bears have Miami, NE, NYJ, Buffalo, and Detroit. Probably the only week I would really consider sitting the Bears is NE, so I just don't see the point in keeping them.

My team, which felt a lot stronger this morning:

QB: Kirk Cousins
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffery, Cooper Kupp, John Brown, Josh Gordon
RB: Todd Gurley, Adrian Peterson, Jay Ajayi, Carlos Hyde
TE: David Njoku
DST: Texans, Bears

Looking things over there are a few interesting prospects. Basically bottom tier players from Washington, Dallas, Chicago, New Orleans, Houston, and Tampa Bay.

QB: Mitchell Trubisky
RB: D'Onta FOreman
WR: Taylor Gabriel, Josh Doctson
TE: Ben Watson, Cameron Brate

It's all poo poo I guess, but what's least lovely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I loving hate Amari Cooper

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
All three of my DL had a sack and a FF today, that's mighty unlikely. Defense carrying the day, was pretty worried after Thursday.

Also, man I wish I had taken that trade offer post draft for someone wanting Penny, that's not looking like a guy I'm gonna be holding for long

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's pretty depressing to think that trading away Diggs and Sanders for Julio was a mistake.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cards D/ST: 2 points when I had them, 17 this week.

Bengals D/ST: 0 points when I had them, 24 this week

Broncos D/ST: -1 against the garbage-rear end New York Jets.

Alright, in all fairness my 1-week rental of the Seahawks gave me a whopping 6 points! Way better than they did this week!

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead

dkj posted:

I loving hate Amari Cooper

As this season’s gone, next week he’ll have 8-117 2 TD

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Rick Grimes posted:

As this season’s gone, next week he’ll have 8-117 2 TD

Yeah that's what it's looking like. I'm just going to drop him though. Not interested in playing this guessing game anymore.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Help me Goons!

I am down 19 points going into Monday Night.

I have RB-Kamara and TE-Reed

he has RB-Peterson and K-Lutz

I can also add LB from one of the MNF teams if I drop the Bears defence.

Should I give up the Bears D going forward for up to 4 or so extra points ?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I need Kamara to score less than 9 points lol, why did the Seahawks have to scramble Cooks brain. That 0 hurts

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

ScottyJSno posted:

Help me Goons!

I am down 19 points going into Monday Night.

I have RB-Kamara and TE-Reed

he has RB-Peterson and K-Lutz

I can also add LB from one of the MNF teams if I drop the Bears defence.

Should I give up the Bears D going forward for up to 4 or so extra points ?

You're going to be just fine. I'd hold Bears D, unless you desperately need a win this week.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sweeper posted:

I need Kamara to score less than 9 points lol, why did the Seahawks have to scramble Cooks brain. That 0 hurts

Enunwa putting up a goose egg means I need Kamara to put up another 40 point game, sorry friend.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I need <59 from Alex Smith, Chris Thompson and Alvin Kamara.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How do people feel about Keenan Allen and Joe Mixon going forward? The guy who owns them is 1-4 and is already looking to firesale his team for picks next year. He reached out to me offering one or both of them. Should I look into it?

We start 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX 0.5ppr

My team:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB: David Johnson, Dalvin Cook, Dion Lewis, LeSean McCoy
WR: Odell Beckham, Adam Thielen, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Chris Hogan

Thoughts?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I need Adrian Peterson to score 30 points and find a way to go back in time to swap him with Jay Ajayi.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

How do people feel about Keenan Allen and Joe Mixon going forward? The guy who owns them is 1-4 and is already looking to firesale his team for picks next year. He reached out to me offering one or both of them. Should I look into it?

We start 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX 0.5ppr

My team:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB: David Johnson, Dalvin Cook, Dion Lewis, LeSean McCoy
WR: Odell Beckham, Adam Thielen, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Chris Hogan

Thoughts?

Do you get to keep them? If so I would target Joe Mixon in a heartbeat.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Do you get to keep them? If so I would target Joe Mixon in a heartbeat.

We can keep 2 players, but I've already got David Johnson in the 14th, and Odell Beckham in the 15th, so I would never keep Mixon.

This is strictly for a championship push this season.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

So is Ajayi just not going to play much for the rest of the season? I get that his back is fractured, but it wasn’t really clear this pst week that Smallwood was going to be the feature back or I would have benched him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

We can keep 2 players, but I've already got David Johnson in the 14th, and Odell Beckham in the 15th, so I would never keep Mixon.

This is strictly for a championship push this season.

What's your record and what pick is he wanting? I'd really consider it if you've got a good shot at winning it all.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

tonic posted:

So is Ajayi just not going to play much for the rest of the season? I get that his back is fractured, but it wasn’t really clear this pst week that Smallwood was going to be the feature back or I would have benched him.

I don't think anyone expected that little use. He led the team in rushes with 8 for 29 and a single reception for 5. Smallwood only had 3 rushes and 4 targets. What was more disconcerting was the snap count; both Ajayi and Smallwood had 29 snaps for a 50% share. So basically neither player was the "feature back", it's just become a full blown RBBC between a player with a 4th round ADP and someone who went undrafted in most leagues.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Got offered Crowell for my Josh Gordon in a .5ppr league. I'm a sad, Fournette and Dalvin Cook owner and need help at 1-4 (I do have James White but no other RBs of note). FWIW, I have Chris Hogan, Godwin and Robby Anderson as someone to swap in for Josh.

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 8, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

pubic works project posted:

What's your record and what pick is he wanting? I'd really consider it if you've got a good shot at winning it all.

I'm 3-2 after this week. He said he's got an offer for a first and a second rounder for both Allen and Mixon.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Is nfl.com borked for anyone else?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

tonic posted:

I have no real confidence in his ability to make a meaningful impact in the backfield. I've held onto Ajayi and watched the Eagles' backfield and to me, it seems pretty clear that the guy is getting less and less time out there. Now that Clement and Smallwood are getting the ball out of the backfield, barring a total reversal of fortune, I sure don't feel good about keeping him around on any of my rosters anymore.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Given that he has a broken back I honestly hope Ajayi doesn't play the rest of the season.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Didn't Ajayi also sustain some sort of knee injury during the game? That could explain the snap count split a little bit, although it doesn't really improve the situation overall. I really wish I had sold high on Ajayi after week 1.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
At this point Ajayi has become a solid "barely flex worthy" option that will likely never start for my team until next week after everyone else ends up on IR because I can't have nice things again.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1049324088211267585

:hmmyes:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Well maybe don't fumble the ball, dude.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Lol Ajayai is a human resources nightmare. Plus there's rumblings that his body from the waste down has been hosed for a few years and isn't likely to improve. Get what you can for him while you still can!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Rip ASJ

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

How many times do you think we'll read a news report this season about how the Falcons are "looking for ways to get Julio more involved." He's one of the best loving WRs in the NFL...why is this so difficult?!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Mikey Purp posted:

How many times do you think we'll read a news report this season about how the Falcons are "looking for ways to get Julio more involved." He's one of the best loving WRs in the NFL...why is this so difficult?!

They're looking for ways I'm sure. They just aren't good enough to create any. It was the same last season.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I mean, he's on pace for 108 receptions and 1800 yards. That seems pretty involved to me.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I've made this point before, but the main issue with Julio Jones as a fantasy commodity is that he's inconsistent. It isn't obvious when you look at the season-long stats or his pace for this year because he actually does consistently finish as a top 5 WR and in that sense I guess he will once again justify his ADP. The problem is that his production is going to be clumped into 3 or 4 monster games again this year just like it has been for the past few seasons. It's nice that he can basically guarantee me a couple of fantasy wins when he puts up 40 points in a given week, but the other 8 or 9 weeks feel pretty lovely when my first round pick gives me a big 7 points.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 8, 2018

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Mikey Purp posted:

I've made this point before, but the main issue with Julio Jones as a fantasy commodity is that he's inconsistent. It isn't obvious when you look at the season-long stats or his pace for this year because he actually does consistently finish as a top 5 WR and in that sense I guess he will once again justify his ADP. The problem is that his production is going to be clumped into 3 or 4 monster games again this year just like it has been for the past few seasons. It's nice that he can basically guarantee me a couple of fantasy wins when he puts up 40 points in a given week, but the other 8 or 9 weeks feel pretty lovely when my first round pick gives me a big 7 points.

The downside really is that he doesn't grab the TDs to buoy those off weeks like some other top receivers. 65 yards and a TD is a bit of a downer, but you can win with it. Just 62 yards is worse than Rashard Higgins this week.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This week was a huge fluke because he didn't even catch a ball until the fourth quarter.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

maniacripper posted:

Lol Ajayai is a human resources nightmare. Plus there's rumblings that his body from the waste down has been hosed for a few years and isn't likely to improve. Get what you can for him while you still can!

Those aren't rumblings it's in his draft profiles that he has a degenerative knee condition.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

You know why they call him FOURnette? Because he plays four games a season!!!!!!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

This is the week Antonio Brown finally figured it out, but Golden Tate and Jarvis Landry killed my team.

edit: Also, I'm dropping Philly defense and going back to streaming. They're just not working out.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It used to be Matty Ice was only good indoors, has anyone checked to see if that's still the case?