Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Agents are GO! posted:

God bless autogenerated captions:

He's putting dynamite in that tree, and is saying"and prime a stick"

The original is from the schadenfreude thread, but I can't find it again :(
I’m giving credit to the caption system here. For a computer to think “did he say Primus dick?”, it might indicate actual intelligence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Interior doors tend to be hollow to save cost.

I'm not an expert on the matter but I'm pretty sure in 1876 making a hollow door out of wood would have cost more than making a solid door out of wood. Modern interior doors are made of cardboard or something with a thin coating. A dude can straight-up punch through them. It'll hurt but they can. (I've seen it on TV!)

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Is this a parody of the old lady who did this?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm not an expert on the matter but I'm pretty sure in 1876 making a hollow door out of wood would have cost more than making a solid door out of wood. Modern interior doors are made of cardboard or something with a thin coating. A dude can straight-up punch through them. It'll hurt but they can. (I've seen it on TV!)

It doesn't even hurt that bad!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

L...

Loss?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

90% of a home is usually made of cardboard and paint. As soon as they figure out a way to make cheap 2x4s out of cardboard we will reach 100% cardboard living.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

https://youtu.be/ea_v9jvhblE

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Blackchamber posted:

Is this a parody of the old lady who did this?

At minimum it's staged, which is why I posted it here and not in Schadenfreude. :)

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

All the doors in my American dwelling swing inward into the next room.

Alaois posted:

clearly all doors should slide in to the wall

If I ever win a lottery and build/rehab a house, all my doors will be sliding doors.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Shutter doors.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

All the doors in my American dwelling swing inward into the next room.

Same except for a tiny half bath where the door wouldn't fit.

I've never had an exterior door that opened out either, as far as I can recall. Do screen/storm doors not exist elsewhere? Many American homes have a double door like this and they can't both open out.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Exterior doors open inward so you can invite people in. For sex.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

If it’s a multi point locking door ( ie, the hinges aren’t the only thing holding the door in place on the one edge) it’ll probably open outwards because that way even if the doors hinges are drilled or cut out it’ll be rammed “closed” and can’t be pried out because of the multi point locking, which is stronger.

If it’s an old door though, yeah. Opens inward so that the hinges can’t be compromised since they’re the only thing holding the door in place on that side. Cut those off, crowbar in the gap, apply insane leverage to pop the lock on the other side.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The Bloop posted:

Same except for a tiny half bath where the door wouldn't fit.

I've never had an exterior door that opened out either, as far as I can recall. Do screen/storm doors not exist elsewhere? Many American homes have a double door like this and they can't both open out.

The main reason you don't want an external door to open out is it exposes the hinges (for normal doors, you can buy hidden hinge setups), which makes it relatively trivial to gain access regardless of how good your locks are. Well, unless you have a lock system that uses bolts on all four sides, but how likely is that?

e: fb ^

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Proteus Jones posted:

The main reason you don't want an external door to open out is it exposes the hinges (for normal doors, you can buy hidden hinge setups), which makes it relatively trivial to gain access regardless of how good your locks are. Well, unless you have a lock system that uses bolts on all four sides, but how likely is that?

e: fb ^

I just use bank vault doors for everything.

Even my cabinets

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

God bless autogenerated captions:

He's putting dynamite in that tree, and is saying"and prime a stick"

The original is from the schadenfreude thread, but I can't find it again :(

https://i.imgur.com/Y76a9L1.mp4

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Proteus Jones posted:

The main reason you don't want an external door to open out is it exposes the hinges (for normal doors, you can buy hidden hinge setups),

You don't need "hidden hinge" setups. Hinge designs that prevent the door from being opened even if you pull the hinges are entirely standard and common.

https://www.amazon.com/Security-Door-Hinges-Stainless-Radius/dp/B01EVJHJRM
https://www.clksupplies.com/products/commercial-hinge-jamb-pins-2pk

The main reason you want an external door to open out is to prevent shitloads of people from needlessly burning to death.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

This video.

See the comments for a whole lotta idiots.

I have an extension that turns all youtube comments into "herp derp."

I have never regretted it.

Edit: Thank you for finding it, BTW.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

I have an extension that turns all youtube comments into "herp derp."

I have never regretted it.

Edit: Thank you for finding it, BTW.

I just added the one that just makes youtube comments disappear, and have never looked back.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

More viral marketing

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_pfzkn2LHfY1rljuf9_480.mp4

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Randaconda posted:

I just added the one that just makes youtube comments disappear, and have never looked back.

I used to run a Greasemonkey script (back when it wasn't horrible garbage) called Feyntube, which turned every YT comment into a random Richard Feynman quote. I miss that.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.outsideonline.com/2348946/glory-otis-fattest-fat-bears

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I had a friend in school whose parents had fled an oppressive regime in Eastern Europe and all of their interior doors, of which there many, were solid wood and had locking bolts on every one. It was only later I realized they'd done that on purpose because they were so used to designing houses that can stand up to the secret police busting in (the dad was a carpenter).

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Scaramouche posted:

I had a friend in school whose parents had fled an oppressive regime in Eastern Europe and all of their interior doors, of which there many, were solid wood and had locking bolts on every one. It was only later I realized they'd done that on purpose because they were so used to designing houses that can stand up to the secret police busting in (the dad was a carpenter).

they must not have fled to america then. we respect and cherish all of our immigrants and most people just leave all of their doors unlocked.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

I appreciate this.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Scaramouche posted:

That only holds up as a theory until you consider that any secret police worth its salt wouldn't be stopped by a bolt or door of any kind. It's not like they'll go "Well, poo poo. Time to pack it in, comrade, there's nothing we can do -- this is solid wood. We'll get them in the morning, on their way to work at the People's Home Appliances and Ammunition Factory." They'll just use a bigger ram/gun/bomb to wreck your door and any surrounding walls.

Source: a :tito: youth.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Trabant posted:

That only holds up as a theory until you consider that any secret police worth its salt wouldn't be stopped by a bolt or door of any kind. It's not like they'll go "Well, poo poo. Time to pack it in, comrade, there's nothing we can do -- this is solid wood. We'll get them in the morning, on their way to work at the People's Home Appliances and Ammunition Factory." They'll just use a bigger ram/gun/bomb to wreck your door and any surrounding walls.

Or they, you know, throw some tear gas through the highly breakable windows.

Your home is not a fortress, and locks are a security blanket at best.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Trabant posted:

:tito: :hf: :tito:

Yeah, like wooden doors will stop a government enforcement apparatus from enforcing. :rolleyes:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

they must not have fled to america then. we respect and cherish all of our immigrants and most people just leave all of their doors unlocked.

Oh man that is mega nasty

That is dog poo poo

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Are Chinese people not allowed to post comedy skits on the internet? Why is everyone obsessed with "It's fake" or "It's marketing". Of course it fuckin is, and it's funny. Who cares.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Picnic Princess posted:

Are Chinese people not allowed to post comedy skits on the internet? Why is everyone obsessed with "It's fake" or "It's marketing". Of course it fuckin is, and it's funny. Who cares.

Humor is not in accordance with the government's wishes and must be censored and the "joker" be sent to be re-educated.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Lol if you think any video on the internet isn't marketing of some kind.

Yes, even that video you took of that tornado. Everything is marketing, and this is HellTM

That was me making a joke because people in this and the Schadenfruede thread never cease to constantly point out if videos are/were rehearsed or not, for some reason

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/commiecompost/status/1047966450374201344

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/commiecompost/status/1046855765103788033

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/commiecompost/status/1044343419932299264

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Isn't it possible to embed more than one tweet per post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Article is misleading, current favorite is 409 Beadnose, and she is a hefty girl: