Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

I wish he hadn't blocked me for pointing out that homophobes were already killing gay people long before gay marriage "kicked the hornet's nest" just so I could get blocked for responding to every one of these with "funny how you're never, like, 'gosh, by confirming Brett Kavanaugh you're just angering the left'."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It's also funny that Boogie is complaining about virtue signalling considering that 100% of his twitter posts are quite blatant and literal centrist virtue signalling.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
i will never understand how this boogie dude even got remotely popular. the whole youtuber wave passed me by especially when I realized I never watched a single angry joe video ever and he's been doing his thing for 10 years lmao

Its like I missed out on this huge generational thing and now I'm seeing this all blow up and its insane lmao like this boogie dude is such a loving loser

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Think Joey’s World Tour but actually ironic.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Alaois posted:

i would take a new midnight club over a new red dead any day of the week

I'm not even normally a racing fan but a new Midnight Club would be real cool. More than anything I miss the Need For Speed games when they were trying to go full gritty with Underground and Most Wanted.

Terrible Opinions posted:

It's also funny that Boogie is complaining about virtue signalling considering that 100% of his twitter posts are quite blatant and literal centrist virtue signalling.

"Virtue signaling" is just yet another blaring siren on his courting the nazis world tour.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Oct 8, 2018

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

There's a leading video done by a top hat cartoon avatar basically arguing that the reason why he gets too much poo poo is bc he's not offensive enough. My brain is already broken for the whole day from watching the portuguese commentariat do the Local58 Contigency video at the brazilian indigenous and lgbt community, so this seemed mild compared to it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

I'm not even normally a racing fan but a new Midnight Club would be real cool. More than anything I miss the Need For Speed games when they were trying to go full gritty with Underground and Most Wanted.

nothing made my heart yearn for a new Midnight Club like playing the open beta for The Crew 2, feeling how fuckin' awful and lifeless the driving was and thinking about how tight but weighty Midnight Club 3 and LA were.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Hey, uh, you all like video essays, right? I made a video essay for the comic book thread in CD about ethics in Man of Steel which people might enjoy:

https://vimeo.com/291000857

josh04 fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 8, 2018

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ahhh no, ahhhhhhhhh geez lad

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Alaois posted:

I'm so sorry. I knew and I posted it anyway.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Kunster posted:

My brain is already broken for the whole day from watching the portuguese commentariat do the Local58 Contigency video at the brazilian indigenous and lgbt community, so this seemed mild compared to it.

Is there a translator for your posts that I could use?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kunster posted:

There's a leading video done by a top hat cartoon avatar basically arguing that the reason why he gets too much poo poo is bc he's not offensive enough. My brain is already broken for the whole day from watching the portuguese commentariat do the Local58 Contigency video at the brazilian indigenous and lgbt community, so this seemed mild compared to it.

I would like to hear more about Portuguese Internet Personalities.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

josh04 posted:

Hey, uh, you all like video essays, right? I made a video essay for the comic book thread in CD about ethics in Man of Steel which people might enjoy:

This is actually pretty good. Never thought of thinking of the movie as a refutation of the power fantasy.

Alaois posted:

Wait what am i missing?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I don't really follow this MMA business but a morbidly obese man saying doing sports turns you into a soulless bloodbeast is pretty hilarious.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

TheMaestroso posted:

Is there a translator for your posts that I could use?

Oh jeez.

Very well, yesterday it was the first round of Brazilian Elections, where asides from other candidates, the two leading ones were on a fierce competition. One is honestly a fascist, and by that, one that wants to go back to the dictatorship and pretty much has already amassed a death count by himself. Two major platforms involves the outright murder of LGBTQ folk and arming farmers on the regional areas to aid murdering the indigenous people to free up the Amazon for all sorts of industries. This is not an exaggeration, and bc of the latter, business leaders have been warming up to him and the stock market is reacting rather well to his ascension (Not yet a victory, that's going to be decided in a few weeks). Bc the second leading candidate was handpicked by a former president that is currently in jail by the current government, who pretty much had him removed bc his policies were not market friendly and by that I mean that he outright installed a bunch of policies that removed a lot of poor folk from starvation and misery, there was until recently a measure of articles and pieces made against him and comparing him to the fascist in terms of danger.

This has lead to a news broadcast here that had a commentator calmly trying to both sides while the fascist was leading with 49% of the votes on how both were bad... by calmly using the same arguments to defend him and attack the second leading one. He also had a manner of speaking that was soft and NPR-reasonable-sounding. To endorse a candidate that has pretty much promised mass murder and torture.

This the LOCAL58 - Contigency video. I hope the idea of "calmly telling segments of a populace to kill themselves to not be an inconvenience" isn't lost here.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

a cartoon duck posted:

I don't really follow this MMA business but a morbidly obese man saying doing sports turns you into a soulless bloodbeast is pretty hilarious.

yea I know bodyshaming and all but it feels like if you're literally Boogie you don't get to say someone's workout method is PROBABLY turning them into a straight up demon

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kunster posted:

Oh jeez.

Very well, yesterday it was the first round of Brazilian Elections, where asides from other candidates, the two leading ones were on a fierce competition. One is honestly a fascist, and by that, one that wants to go back to the dictatorship and pretty much has already amassed a death count by himself. Two major platforms involves the outright murder of LGBTQ folk and arming farmers on the regional areas to aid murdering the indigenous people to free up the Amazon for all sorts of industries. This is not an exaggeration, and bc of the latter, business leaders have been warming up to him and the stock market is reacting rather well to his ascension (Not yet a victory, that's going to be decided in a few weeks). Bc the second leading candidate was handpicked by a former president that is currently in jail by the current government, who pretty much had him removed bc his policies were not market friendly and by that I mean that he outright installed a bunch of policies that removed a lot of poor folk from starvation and misery, there was until recently a measure of articles and pieces made against him and comparing him to the fascist in terms of danger.

This has lead to a news broadcast here that had a commentator calmly trying to both sides while the fascist was leading with 49% of the votes on how both were bad... by calmly using the same arguments to defend him and attack the second leading one. He also had a manner of speaking that was soft and NPR-reasonable-sounding. To endorse a candidate that has pretty much promised mass murder and torture.

This the LOCAL58 - Contigency video. I hope the idea of "calmly telling segments of a populace to kill themselves to not be an inconvenience" isn't lost here.

bolsonaro is a preview of the kinds of leaders the entire world will be electing as climate change turns vast swaths of the planet into uninhabitable wastelands and people attempt to flee them to other countries so enjoy the ride and remember to thank your centrist friends for backing politicians who have done precisely gently caress-all to try and stave off the utter catastrophe we will be facing in the coming decades

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

OmanyteJackson posted:

Wait what am i missing?

You know how we get when someone mentions the Space Franchise Which Must Not Be Named?

CD gets like that with that movie and tends to spread out. You may recall getting some persistent idiocy a while back when DanO went and picked a fight with them in their forum and they followed him home.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol @ this gamelife poo poo. these dudes are the dictionary definition of goon.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Puppy Time posted:

You know how we get when someone mentions the Space Franchise Which Must Not Be Named?

CD gets like that with that movie and tends to spread out. You may recall getting some persistent idiocy a while back when DanO went and picked a fight with them in their forum and they followed him home.

It's incredible that five years after its release Man Of Steel is still causing a ruckus in a way no MCU movie really does.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

I Before E posted:

It's incredible that five years after its release Man Of Steel is still causing a ruckus in a way no MCU movie really does.

I mean it’s only really here, most don’t really care about it one way or another

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah its weird how Man of Steel managed to be more notably bad than Thor: The Dark World

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Thor wasn’t bad it was just there.

People talk about really bad or really good.

No one gives a gently caress about mediocre

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Jekyll and Hyde posted:

Yeah its weird how Man of Steel managed to be more notably bad than Thor: The Dark World

To be fair, no one expected much of Thor 2, or any of the Thor movies. When one was good people were pleasantly surprised, but if they failed people just chuckled and moved on.

Superman is an actual -thing- for a faction of nerds. A thing in the worst way possible, in that it makes portraying him in a way that doesn't make a segment of manchildren wail in grief and outrage as hard as threading a needle that is glued to a spinning fan blade.

Couple that with a series of clashing movies by a director who thinks deconstruction is actually worldbuilding (with all hope of squaring that circle killed by studio mandates) , and with a rival franchise scoring big hits out of properties no one gave a toss about....

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sephyr posted:

To be fair, no one expected much of Thor 2, or any of the Thor movies. When one was good people were pleasantly surprised, but if they failed people just chuckled and moved on.

Thor: Ragnarok is a massive change in trajectory for the Thor movies and it's basically a third Guardians of the Galaxy film. It's a lot a fun and well worth seeing.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Thor wasn’t bad it was just there.

People talk about really bad or really good.

No one gives a gently caress about mediocre

That's fair.

(I actually kinda like both dark world and MOS)

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Thor: Ragnarok is a massive change in trajectory for the Thor movies and it's basically a third Guardians of the Galaxy film. It's a lot a fun and well worth seeing.

Oh yeah, I've seen it and it's really nice. Just saying that since people had lesser expectations, there was no -outrage- that it took two movies to reach a theme and tone that really worked for Thor. Now with Supes, people will run down the street with their hair on fire because he's a cultural icon, and the studios expect him to kick Iron Man's rear end box-office because of it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

To be fair it's not like there aren't good superman movies

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Man of Steel is the only good Superman film.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Oxxidation posted:

rockstar can't write anything except spiteful nihilism, which fits a lot better in a wild west setting than a pastiche of modern american society as envisioned by a couple of dumbfuck londoners

thanks, thats thats a good phrase for it. i guess i get bored of everyone in GTA(especially 4 and 5) being able to give these big into these big introspective talks about humanity and the nature of crime and stuff. like with trevor, its funny and sometimes clever, but when loving Michael bitching for the 20th loving time, it gets old. the protags are always the smartest, yet dumbest people in the room. same with red dead, but at least their are explanations for it.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It really irritated me that Michael was bar none the worst human being you could play as, but the narrative asked you to see things from his perspective while dismissing Trevor as the crazy one.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thanks, thats thats a good phrase for it. i guess i get bored of everyone in GTA(especially 4 and 5) being able to give these big into these big introspective talks about humanity and the nature of crime and stuff. like with trevor, its funny and sometimes clever, but when loving Michael bitching for the 20th loving time, it gets old. the protags are always the smartest, yet dumbest people in the room. same with red dead, but at least their are explanations for it.

GTA is political commentary and genre trash as seen through rich libertarians.

At least these newer ones. San Andreas and those before it at least wore their influence on their shoulder and had an extremely silly tone.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jimbot posted:

GTA is political commentary and genre trash as seen through rich libertarians.

At least these newer ones. San Andreas and those before it at least wore their influence on their shoulder and had an extremely silly tone.

i think saints row did it better. British boss kicked rear end.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Terrible Opinions posted:

It really irritated me that Michael was bar none the worst human being you could play as, but the narrative asked you to see things from his perspective while dismissing Trevor as the crazy one.

i mean trevor is a mad dog psychopath but at least he was honest and loyal and doesn't pretend he is something he isn't. i could get behind Michael to an extent, He wanted out and he copped a deal with the feds and now he rots away in his own personal hell. but he is such a whiny shithead who feels like he would just go on a random mass shooting. he can't accept any blame ever. he reminds me as a less serious version of kane from kane and lynch. a self deluded shithead who hosed over everyone he comes in contact with but clings to various meaningless totems to prove he isn't a monster.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the last good gta was chinatown wars.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

the last good gta was chinatown wars.

5 has some fun poo poo in it. its just weird and all over the place tonally. also day one red dead 2.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 8, 2018

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
PushingUpRoses talks about the Brave Little Toaster. Both the book and the film, even.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

"i like the movie because it goes hard as poo poo"

this is a fantastic description of the brave little toaster. this movie and the secret of nimh were my absolutely favorites as a kid and they both still hold up amazingly well. honestly i think i get more out of the brave little toaster now than i did as a kid.

interesting to see the different lessons the book offered from the movie while still being so close plot-wise.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/doug_png/status/1047953325000458240

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

https://www.twitter.com/doug_png/status/1047941128543227904

God, I wish Doug wasn’t such a lovely person so I could laugh at this one unironically.