Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
The loving bills

Are you kidding me with this dogshit offense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao AFC South

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Thread title delivers :v:

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Cody Kessler might start a game this year.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

TSBX posted:

Cody Kessler might start a game this year.
nah, Bort is gonna go for 450 yards and 5 touchdowns next week

(and then go for 100 yards and 7 interceptions in two)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JT Jag posted:

nah, Bort is gonna go for 450 yards and 5 touchdowns next week

(and then go for 100 yards and 7 interceptions in two)
Yeah it was Odd Week Bullshit early last year (winning weeks 1, 3, 5, and 7 after losing the week prior (not counting week 1, obv)) and next week will show if it is the case again this year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Despite the horrific playcalling and non existent pass blocking, Deshaun still looks really good. Need a new coach and to build the line for 2019

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Listen, we may be division rivals and it may ultimately cost the Titans the AFC South title, but thank you, Texans, for beating the Cowboys.

gently caress the Cowboys.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Intruder posted:

Despite the horrific playcalling and non existent pass blocking, Deshaun still looks really good. Need a new coach and to build the line for 2019

Unfortunately I'm feeling like we'll need 4 wins or less for Bob to actually get the boot. It's still possible but Watson may pull out enough bullshit to save Bob's job.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
About time for the Jags to clean house. Not showing up for yet another big game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Randaconda posted:

About time for the Jags to clean house. Not showing up for yet another big game.
Eh with the injuries on Offense, the rain/wet ball, and the refs never calling a Roughing the Passer when Blake gets completely loving demolished 3 seconds after he throws and/or gets the crown of a helmet to his jaw, they get a pass from me for this one. If they had succeeded at the 4th and goal and Blake not gotten owned by the Chris Jones pick 6 the game would have been completely different.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Tits Up!!!!! My Man Score 13 Points

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

purkey posted:

just imagine getting wrecked by the chief’s defense :/

How the hell did they get so much pressure on Bortles? This high-priced offensive line was supposed to be one of the best in football, and getting slapped around by the Chiefs pass rush is a really bad look. I don't even know if the Chiefs defense is starting to come together and work properly or if the Jags offense was just horrible. To me it seemed like a bit of both, and then when the Jags fell behind early it was over because if Bortles throws enough passes he's gonna end up with an interception or two almost every time.

Texans game was ridiculous, Deshaun was so good and then in the red zone was basically sabotaged by BOB's poo poo play calling and the team's total inability to run the ball even one solitary yard. They should've lost this game because of that and I almost wish they had because O'Brien needs to go. On the positive side, the defense played its heart out and looked really legit, which is weird because they're missing like three starting DBs. They got great performances out of them, though, great performances from Watt and Clowney and Barwin too. The Cowboys rushing attack was smothered pretty well and their weak passing attack was defended as well. Some great defensive plays on both sides of the ball, and the Texans offense being better is what put them over the top.

Fun game to watch though, besides those frustrating red zone failures. Some awesome plays on defense made this a pretty cool game and a few on offense (that last pass to Hopkins and his run after the catch had me shouting out loud). Good poo poo but scoring one touchdown out of five red zone trips (and having one of those trips be a turnover on downs) is absolute bullshit and if they keep struggling like that they won't win a lot more.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

How the hell did they get so much pressure on Bortles? This high-priced offensive line was supposed to be one of the best in football, and getting slapped around by the Chiefs pass rush is a really bad look. I don't even know if the Chiefs defense is starting to come together and work properly or if the Jags offense was just horrible. To me it seemed like a bit of both, and then when the Jags fell behind early it was over because if Bortles throws enough passes he's gonna end up with an interception or two almost every time.
High Priced OL? The starting RG (AJ Cann) and LT (Cam Robinson) are on their rookie contracts. The RT (Jermey Parnell) is in the last or second-to-last year of his contract and until yesterday I thought he was still pretty reliable despite his age, though injury prone. The C (Brandon Linder) and LG (Andrew Norwell) are among the highest paid at their position.

Cam Robinson is out for the year with an ACL tear.
Norwell has been dealing with an injury I cant remember (maybe a calf injury?)
Linder has been dealing with a bad knee and back spasms.
AJ Cann isnt very good and is dealing with a Triceps injury.
Parnell is old and slowing down but until yesterday was still pretty reliable, and is also dealing with a knee injury.

Yesterday, the backup LT, Josh Wells, went down with a groin injury. His backup, never played tackle until the 4th preseason game of this year.

More than once I saw a play where the TE or a WR lined up where the TE goes, essentially immediately to the Right of the RT; this receiver then ran a shallow crossing route immediately in front of the RT, going to the left. This stopped the RT from getting his kick-out to get in front of Ford/Houston, who then just ran round him and straight into Bortles.

The LT play was abhorrent.

The field and ball were wet - both QBs had some odd/off/wobbly throws.

The Jaguars are also missing their #1 RB and #1 WR. Their #2 RB is nursing an ankle injury. Their #3 RB went out with a foot injury in the first quarter.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The Jags offense is probably the most beat up unit in the NFL rn

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

The Jags offense is not even the most beat up in its division.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

JT Jag posted:

The Jags offense is probably the most beat up unit in the NFL rn

I turned down the colts offer to play OT against the Pats on Thursday

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

b0ng posted:

You did the right thing, friend

Play
Apr 25, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

High Priced OL? The starting RG (AJ Cann) and LT (Cam Robinson) are on their rookie contracts. The RT (Jermey Parnell) is in the last or second-to-last year of his contract and until yesterday I thought he was still pretty reliable despite his age, though injury prone. The C (Brandon Linder) and LG (Andrew Norwell) are among the highest paid at their position.

Thank you, this is exactly what I was wondering about. I had assumed in my mind that the O line must be beat up and missing some guys for the Chiefs to show out like that against them, and sure enough that is the case.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe the Jags will be able to hire somebody decent after the season when they clean house. Losing this many games this early in the season is unacceptable.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

b0ng posted:

I played at LT for the Jags this week

Randaconda posted:

Maybe the Jags will be able to hire somebody decent after the season when they clean house. Losing this many games this early in the season is unacceptable.
I mean, the Jags have the same record as they did last at this point last year

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Randaconda posted:

this the most bizarre meltdown, you lost to the chiefs, not the loving cardinals for god's sakes. as the visitor no less.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Probably Magic posted:

this the most bizarre meltdown, you lost to the chiefs, not the loving cardinals for god's sakes. as the visitor no less.

In a game we were not competitive

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Randaconda posted:

In a game we were not competitive

The Broncos were pretty competitive with the chiefs, maybe y’all should hire Vance Joseph.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Lol Matt Slauson, Colts starting right guard, placed on IR.

The back up, rookie Braden Smith, has been probably our best right tackle. We cannot win.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Broncos were pretty competitive with the chiefs, maybe y’all should hire Vance Joseph.

You say "maybe y'all should hire Vance Joseph" but what I hear is "maybe y'all should light yourself on fire and jump off a cliff"

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I cannot imagine even a healthy jags line being considered among the best in football.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

purkey posted:

I cannot imagine even a healthy jags line being considered among the best in football.

Last year they only surrendered nine sacks, tied for first in the league. Their run blocking wasn't awful either, I mean they were a run-first team last year. Winning the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball is what the Jaguars are all about.

That being said "among the best in football" is definitely a stretch. They were above average, that's all.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looking like last year was a fluke. Expecting to win 2-3 more games this season. Hopefully Coughlin can lure somebody else here who can get the team ready for big games.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Randaconda posted:

Looking like last year was a fluke. Expecting to win 2-3 more games this season. Hopefully Coughlin can lure somebody else here who can get the team ready for big games.
Ok you're absolutely being ridiculous now man

Even as beat up as they are and even with trash Blake this team's floor is 8 wins

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JT Jag posted:

Ok you're absolutely being ridiculous now man

Even as beat up as they are and even with trash Blake this team's floor is 8 wins

I've been hurt so many times before. :smithcloud:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It was the Chiefs man. No one has been able to stop them, it's not a surprising loss at all. The loss to the Titans was more worrying, but they have a stretch of six games coming up and I wouldn't be surprised if they win at least four of them.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Play posted:

It was the Chiefs man. No one has been able to stop them, it's not a surprising loss at all. The loss to the Titans was more worrying, but they have a stretch of six games coming up and I wouldn't be surprised if they win at least four of them.

Chiefs played well but it really was a gift to play against Bad Bortles on Sunday. He performed very very poorly. Jags defense played fairly well, they gave up a lot of yards but clamped down when the time came. Bortles should have been able to lead his offense to more than 14 points especially as the Chiefs defense got ejected or injured as the game went on.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Chiefs played well but it really was a gift to play against Bad Bortles on Sunday. He performed very very poorly. Jags defense played fairly well, they gave up a lot of yards but clamped down when the time came. Bortles should have been able to lead his offense to more than 14 points especially as the Chiefs defense got ejected or injured as the game went on.
It is a shame because I felt that they still stood a chance until the hideously awful pick 6. They had a drive down to the 5 and turned it over on downs that would have made a world of difference, and with how well they were running it, Hackett should have called a run at some point down there. The playcalling is part of why I dont think its entirely on Bort. The pick 6 and the boink of off Cann's helmet down in the redzone are unforgivable, but I just dont understand the playcalling.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Yeah that also so you've gotta think they're due for a couple Good Bortles games

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Jamaal Charles. Huh

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

Yeah that also so you've gotta think they're due for a couple Good Bortles games
Not if they are down to their third LT and literally every other non-WR offensive player is nursing some sort of injury. The Jaguars are now down their #1 WR, #1 TE, #1 RB, #3 RB, #1 LT and #2 LT. Each other OL starter is nursing at least one injury and the only RB left, TJ Yeldon, (Brandon Wilds doesnt count) is also nursing an injury.

Its going to be a let down of a season for the Jaguars because their offense and backups are not good enough to make up for the deficiencies that they are now facing, and the Defense cant do everything.

edit: Other than Allen Robinson and some minor injuries (1, maybe 2 weeks tops), the Jaguars were remarkably healthy last year, which definitely played into the perceived quality of their OL and their success as a whole. Telvin Smith missed one game - he was the only Defensive starter to miss a game due to injury. Their nickel corner has already missed two games this year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 9, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

They were an unusually healthy team last year. Usually that kind of luck doesn't stick around two years running.

I still believe they have the talent to beat the Cowboys, the Colts and the Bills. And maybe the Texans. The other two teams are the Eagles and the Steelers, who they at least have a chance against. If they only get one or two wins on that schedule then I'll get worried, and not a moment sooner.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans status: Ereck Flower was just cut and my first thought was about how much of an upgrade he'd be on the Texans line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Intruder posted:

Texans status: Ereck Flower was just cut and my first thought was about how much of an upgrade he'd be on the Texans line
he's complete trash garbage but if Parnell keeps looking the way he's looked the last few games he might still be an upgrade for the Jags