Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

ArfJason posted:

I'm extremely dead, but it was fun participating in 48 hour film project.
I help run / judge a 24-hour hackathon two weekends ago and I can only imagine what that times 2 would be. Plus the product requires an order of magnitude more effort. Do people "preload" some stuff and try to work with the required elements, or do they really just start from zero?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Vote Republican to own the libs

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

ArfJason posted:

I'm extremely dead, but it was fun participating in 48 hour film project.

:yayclod:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

pangstrom posted:

I help run / judge a 24-hour hackathon two weekends ago and I can only imagine what that times 2 would be. Plus the product requires an order of magnitude more effort. Do people "preload" some stuff and try to work with the required elements, or do they really just start from zero?

It helps that my crew really had their poo poo together because we were like 30+ people, and our producers covered every angle.
Basically, the contest organizers had a list of approved genres including stuff like musical, road movie, thriller, etc, so we could at least have a general idea of what props and clothes to get. The thing is they give each group two genres at random to choose from, and then give us a character, a prop and a phrase to write around.
We had a location scouted ahead, some sound libraries, and technical equipment pretty much ready for a couple weeks, not to mention production had a lot of actors on call covering a variety of skin complexions, ages, etc. So yeah theres a lot of preplanning, I think it could probably be more than a production where you know what you're doing because you have to cover a gamut of options, but I wasn't a producer because I don't want to develop heart complications at 25. Our director has a small photo studio so I imagine some stuff and contacts were his.
Also thank god for catering.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

:coffee:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Keets is a fun word to say

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/jerrysaltz/status/1049105878220230657?s=21
lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

you have to be dumbest fucker on earth to think banksy shredder was not a known setup

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you have to be dumbest fucker on earth to think banksy shredder was not a known setup

The auction house is in a far better position, legally, if they didn't know, plus it's the sort of thing that Banksy could do on his own without any assistance from the auction house. They weren't necessarily involved.

Hilarious tho

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I had no real opinions before but I think I hate banksy now

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

auction was involved in preserving the picture for it, it’s literally impossible for them not to notice the machinery inside the frame when checking it for proper sealing and such (also it had to stay powered by some “magical” means as there was no power source attached to the frame)

also, the auction directly profits from this since the painting’s value was basically doubled by shredding

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

also i really doubt auction is in any shape or sort of trouble over this since item went from rare to unique

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

mandatory lesbian posted:

I had no real opinions before but I think I hate banksy now

He did cool stuff in Gaza.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
wait why are we talking about banksy is it 2006 again

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
cool how an auction house can collaborate with the_gen_x_rebel to increase his cultural cachet lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
for a writing course we had to write an argumentative paper on banksy and I never felt more miserable in my life

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
https://entertainment.theonion.com/...utm_campaign=SF

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

she's not wrong

ArfJason posted:

for a writing course we had to write an argumentative paper on banksy and I never felt more miserable in my life

did you argue instead why the instructor who assigned it should be drummed out of academia and forced to live under a highway overpass

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 9, 2018

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

The Muppets On PCP posted:

did you argue instead why the instructor who assigned it should be drummed out of academia and forced to live under a highway overpass

nah, i mostly wrote that he was basic, and that perhaps that was why his reach was so massive, helped by his medium being in a public space

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ok picture this; the starving african child who's cowering and a crow is behind him, but hes shackled by a ball and chain... but the ball and chain looks like mickey mouse head silhouette. also mcdonalds

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i never liked the weird vein of jealousy that seemed to run through early taylor swift stuff

it felt like the flip side of an incel rant about being a nice guy

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

nah, i mostly wrote that he was basic, and that perhaps that was why his reach was so massive, helped by his medium being in a public space

:hmmyes:

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i never liked the weird vein of jealousy that seemed to run through early taylor swift stuff

it felt like the flip side of an incel rant about being a nice guy

someone was never a teenage girl

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 9, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

someone was never a teenage girl

yeah, but i was a young dude and i still hate drake's whiny entitled bullshit

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
it's all fascism

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

it's all fascism

That’s what people say, but I just shake it off.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
less fash, more flesh

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
'

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Okay why does everyone else's look weird

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Okay why does everyone else's look weird

ghost of radium

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
boat's and hoe's

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I was watching some ~ intellectual~ white supremacist get interviewed on YouTube and it suddenly struck me how many parallels there are between the rhetoric of white nationalists and Assad loyalists. He was asked how in light of all the discrimination against minorities could he think such a hateful perspective towards them was warranted, and he immediately ran to the same shelter Assadists do. He started asking if it was wrong to defend ones culture and identity. To care about the safety of your family. Essentially it boiled down to this belief that white supremacists were fighting something that was worse than whatever they were. Something that would destroy them if it won. Terrorist mobs. It's exactly how regime loyalists discussed the violence against civilians in Syria. The type of worldview that can justify some really horrific poo poo. Kinda crazy how widespread such a delusion can get. Looking on it now, the same idea was also a pillar in South Africa, and examples of it can probably be seen all throughout the decades in US history, but it's still scary to see it so prominent in the US. It's bad times to be alive.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
all of history was a bad time to be alive

i think of john brown more and more often these days

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

I was watching some ~ intellectual~ white supremacist get interviewed on YouTube and it suddenly struck me how many parallels there are between the rhetoric of white nationalists and Assad loyalists. He was asked how in light of all the discrimination against minorities could he think such a hateful perspective towards them was warranted, and he immediately ran to the same shelter Assadists do. He started asking if it was wrong to defend ones culture and identity. To care about the safety of your family. Essentially it boiled down to this belief that white supremacists were fighting something that was worse than whatever they were. Something that would destroy them if it won. Terrorist mobs. It's exactly how regime loyalists discussed the violence against civilians in Syria. The type of worldview that can justify some really horrific poo poo. Kinda crazy how widespread such a delusion can get. Looking on it now, the same idea was also a pillar in South Africa, and examples of it can probably be seen all throughout the decades in US history, but it's still scary to see it so prominent in the US. It's bad times to be alive.

that's certainly a novel justification for wanting to bomb more brown people, i'll give you that

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
does berke still post in the desiccated hollow corpse of this thread

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

that's certainly a novel justification for wanting to bomb more brown people, i'll give you that

I read it as a justification for wanting to bomb white supremacists

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Homura and Sickle posted:

does berke still post in the desiccated hollow corpse of this thread

Not like he used to, but yeah.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

all of history was a bad time to be alive

i think of john brown more and more often these days

There was a pretty cool time when all humans did was gently caress and eat, that seems like a good time to be alive

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

There was a pretty cool time when all humans did was gently caress and eat, that seems like a good time to be alive

Way ahead of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I gently caress, eat, and worry about rent, way worse

• Locked thread