Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Shake it Off slaps imo
:boom: agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

ekuNNN posted:

Taylor Swift posted that she's voting for a Democrat, and that she's against bigotry. Cue crying 4chan Nazis:

also
https://twitter.com/ali/status/1049100323250458624

I'ma let you finish, but Proud Boys are one of the most inclusive groups of all time.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
what is the trending gamer award

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

what is the trending gamer award

It's like getting on the Madden cover, except instead of having a career altering injury, the winner is destined to have a "heated gaming moment" instead.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

DLC Inc posted:

it's a miracle that Greg Miller is the only man so far to escape the curse of the Trending Gamer award, as the other 3 either died, hosed up their marriages, or became social media pariahs. If anything Greg Miller did even better and cut ties with his Colin "Centrist Dipshit" Moriarity in that timeframe.

I don’t think @notaxation is a centrist.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Azathoth posted:

It's like getting on the Madden cover, except instead of having a career altering injury, the winner is destined to have a "heated gaming moment" instead.

oh man I always loved heated gaming moment

like the idea that within every person is just the n-word barely held back by a constant diligence

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

oh man I always loved heated gaming moment

like the idea that within every person is just the n-word barely held back by a constant diligence

That's the Chud Credo. That everyone secretly hates minorities and longs to use slurs but they're just holding back to be polite.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
This guy is just loaded with hot takes

https://twitter.com/Zigmanfreud/status/1049298516239998977?s=19

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

my favorite John Ziegler fact is that DFW wrote a profile on him where he comes down as a deeply unlikeable dweeboid and thats from DFW who is himself a deeply unlikeable dweeboid

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
honestly im just going to point out that he wants to be alone with fifteen year old girls until he blocks me gently caress any of his other dumb arguments

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol where to even begin with this

https://twitter.com/prageru/status/1049356594465529856

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Super spicy hot take: 1984 has good songs but its really over produced which is a shame.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Good god almighty, he’s turning into Morrissey before our very eyes.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice

Muhammed Atta wasn't perfect but it took some decent piloting to hit the WTC.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I know, I know, it's :thejoke: but Christopher Columbus was a terrible navigator. If he'd been a good one he wouldn't have made his voyage in the first place because it was entirely based upon his not knowing the actual circumference of the Earth.

And that's without factoring in the things he got up to once he stumbled onto the Americas.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
yeah Columbus just got insanely lucky that he ran into land

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Steven "I was so excited to finally have sex in my late 20s I wrote an article about it" Crowder

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Steven "Reason for my firing from Fox News was officially listed as 'Not Funny'" Crowder

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
My favorite Crowder thing was when he admitted he never hosed

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Is Crowder the guy who got punched on camera during the teacher protests in Madison a few years back?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

hitchensgoespop posted:

Super spicy hot take: 1984 has good songs but its really over produced which is a shame.

The hyper production is kind of deliberate imo you can't separate it from the rest of the product

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cthulu Carl posted:

Is Crowder the guy who got punched on camera during the teacher protests in Madison a few years back?

Yeah, it was.

Wasn't it Ironstache who punched him?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

this is the opposite of what's actually happening of course

used to be people were saying we might be hosed by 2200, then they were saying we would definitely be hosed by 2200, then they said actually we're gonna be done by 2100, now they're saying we'll be dead before 2050

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SpaceGoku posted:

used to be people were saying we might be hosed by 2200, then they were saying we would definitely be hosed by 2200, then they said actually we're gonna be done by 2100, now they're saying we'll be dead before 2050

I can't wait to live through the end of the world

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tim Manchin, a Democratic Senator, thinks his vote to appoint Kavanaugh a supreme court justice for life is "not political" :psyduck:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SpaceGoku posted:

There's actual considerable research that shows that fatalistic views of climate change are counter productive because they do not spur action as much as enforce a sense of impotency

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol, no he wasn't. he basicaly got lucky and then was a giant monster and was such a dickhead the spanish told him to gently caress off and he died broke and disliked.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

There's actual considerable research that shows that fatalistic views of climate change are counter productive because they do not spur action as much as enforce a sense of impotency

I mean that's all ive been thinking about today is how we are royalty hosed because if we have 12 years to not die I look at the total right wing hold on everything in the US and just go oh guess we're all going to die

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

KomradeX posted:

I mean that's all ive been thinking about today is how we are royalty hosed because if we have 12 years to not die I look at the total right wing hold on everything in the US and just go oh guess we're all going to die

The problem is that this viewpoint isnt even scientifically accurate and avoids the recommendations made by the same experts instead just weeping and gnashing teeth

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The other weird thing about Columbus is that he really has nothing to do with the United States. He was never close to what we know now as America and was much more pivotal to Central and South America. If you're going to create a holiday for someone, it should be John Cabot who actually landed on the mainland before Columbus.

It kind of made sense way back in the day when you're fighting for independence from the British to ignore Cabot and worship Columbus. But for Columbus to be some American hero when he never came close to it is just bizarre today.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The problem is that this viewpoint isnt even scientifically accurate and avoids the recommendations made by the same experts instead just weeping and gnashing teeth

I don't think people weep and gnash their teeth because they rationally think it's productive.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

hitchensgoespop posted:

It's 1989, you phillistines. Unless you're talking about Orwell's 1984, in which case I acknowledge the spiciness of your take and would like to know more.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is there also credible research showing that optimistic views of climate change are counter-productive because they spur complacency rather than action? The people with the power to take action tend to be the ones that'll be the last to suffer the consequences of inaction either way.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Re: Taylor Swift

https://archive.fo/ADVf4

:laffo:

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The hyper production is kind of deliberate imo you can't separate it from the rest of the product

I get it, but for me it kinda spoils what are some really good songs because they sound so sterile and lifeless.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Niwrad posted:

The other weird thing about Columbus is that he really has nothing to do with the United States. He was never close to what we know now as America and was much more pivotal to Central and South America. If you're going to create a holiday for someone, it should be John Cabot who actually landed on the mainland before Columbus.

It kind of made sense way back in the day when you're fighting for independence from the British to ignore Cabot and worship Columbus. But for Columbus to be some American hero when he never came close to it is just bizarre today.

was cabot evil? like columbus level?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

sorry guy I don't speak corn cob

oh that's actually anglin haha

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
I hope crowder goes on Joe Rogan again and again until he pulls a Milo and defends pedophilia or something like that. Then his propaganda campaign can die. That or gets ironically shot at one of his rallies by a supporter who fumbles the gun he wanted crowder to sign.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's 1989, you phillistines. Unless you're talking about Orwell's 1984,
I thought we were talking about the soundtrack that the Eurythmics did for the eighties 1984 movie (which was a great album, BTW)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/theferocity/status/1049400151117320192

not sure if it counts but holy poo poo. i love how even the "killing babies" mask drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Gaaaah-hahahaha Loomer, blinded by rage, hits the wrong button and meets her most implacable foe yet: herself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1049421452833955845