Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a male use the shortened version of Jo rather than Joe before...

It's not his fault his parents named him Joanne. Give him a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The only reason conservatives come out against something is because someone else told them to. They can't fathom that some people actually believe in things without getting paid or being told to.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The only reason conservatives come out against something is because someone else told them to. They can't fathom that some people actually believe in things without getting paid or being told to.

words to a conservative are just magic words to make others take your side. it's inconceivable to them that anyone could actually mean what they say

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Right outta the Fascism playbook isn't it? "There's no way these people could have a legitimate concern, so instead of arguing against them, let's just assume their not rational actors."

Saves a lot of time, mental energy, and it's not really possible to PROVE you're not getting paid by George Soros. They have nothing to lose here.

Galactic Cat
Jun 21, 2018
And, because this is America and our timeline is the dumbest, the Republicans actually embody every single boogieman scarepoint they bring up about everyone else.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

robotsinmyhead posted:

Right outta the Fascism playbook isn't it? "There's no way these people could have a legitimate concern, so instead of arguing against them, let's just assume their not rational actors."

Saves a lot of time, mental energy, and it's not really possible to PROVE you're not getting paid by George Soros. They have nothing to lose here.

I had dinner with my mom after months of shunning her for being OK with child jails for brown kids. At the end, I asked if she was still on the Trump train, and she said "I don't see why I'd get off, my stocks have only gone up!" Also stuff about how only Dems bring up anything racial, etc. So when we parted, I refused to hug her goodbye 'cause it'd feel gross pretending everything is OK and she said "You're trying to force me to think like you, you're the real fascist." I'm surprised neither she nor my dad have invoked Soros's name yet.

Sorry to vent, I'm still despairing. :smith:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

When your grassroots is astroturfed bullshit backed by dark money and shadowy billionaire donors, you assume everyone is.

You don't see the kind of focus from the left on, say, Adleson, the Kochs or the Mercers, who are actually secretly propping up dickheads like Ben Shapiro and the Federalist

zoux has a new favorite as of 20:29 on Oct 8, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Online newspapers count as social media, right?

https://twitter.com/peterjukes/status/1049077401995698177

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Megera posted:

I had dinner with my mom after months of shunning her for being OK with child jails for brown kids. At the end, I asked if she was still on the Trump train, and she said "I don't see why I'd get off, my stocks have only gone up!" Also stuff about how only Dems bring up anything racial, etc. So when we parted, I refused to hug her goodbye 'cause it'd feel gross pretending everything is OK and she said "You're trying to force me to think like you, you're the real fascist." I'm surprised neither she nor my dad have invoked Soros's name yet.

Just hug your mom wtf

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

TheManWithNoName posted:

Just hug your mom wtf

gently caress no, nobody who believes in imprisoning children deserves a hug.

"As long as you think immigrant children can't hug their mothers, I refuse to hug mine."

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheManWithNoName posted:

Just hug your mom wtf

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

TheManWithNoName posted:

Just hug your mom wtf
I was about to type up a reply but right after I hit "reply" i saw this pop up so I'm just gonna quote this instead, and throw in a "yeah nah gently caress that":

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Your moms a fuckin bitch!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

oldpainless posted:

More like oldactuallycorrectless

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

oldpainless posted:

More like oldmotherless

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like just be happy you have a huggable mom, and don't sit there and pretend like the rest of us have to be ok with our mom because you have good parent privilege.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I love and hug my mom, but I have a cousin who does everything she can to avoid her mom, and while I tolerate that aunt and do things to help her (mostly because my parents have a legal responsibility for her) she is bat poo poo loving crazy and I completely understand my cousin not wanting to be around her in any capacity.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Tetracube posted:

if there weren't a conspiracy keeping them down they'd have to face the fact that nothing they believe in makes any drat sense. they like the communist liberal soros deep state conspiracy because it makes it even easier to discard inconvenient facts, and also perhaps more importantly so they can claim they're victims

they picked soros as the puppetmaster because he's jewish

I mean I guess superficially it makes a tiny bit of sense, given that he does donate to progressive causes, but the idea that he funds widespread conspiracies designed to victimize conservatives is loving ludicrous.

Megera posted:

I'm sorry, that really sucks. :smith:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
E: gently caress wait I'm not in dnd. Sorry.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Family greeting guide based on who they voted for:
Trump: No hug, fold arms and glare
Clinton: hugs and cheek kisses
Jeb!: chest bump and friendly noogie
No vote: firm handshake and eye contact to size up probable vote
Sanders: ??

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

TheManWithNoName posted:

Family voted for Stein and Johnson, help

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

seiferguy posted:

Family voted for Stein and Johnson, help

For a stein voter you have to ask them how their healing crystals are and if their chakras are aligned

for Johnson: greet as you would a child

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:unsmith:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

TheManWithNoName posted:

Or hey, if someone supports literal concentration camps you shun them because they are terrible people regardless of their family status.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there are 4k kids black bagged in the desert. and if ur not phone postin on ur way to the revolution than im very sorry my friend.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Hug your mom, or I’ll be hugging her for you.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Palemdromes posted:

Hug your mom, or I’ll be hugging her for you.

Don't hug people who want baby concentration camps.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

chitoryu12 posted:

Don't hug people who want baby concentration camps.

Don’t tell me who to hug! You’re not my mom!!

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sanders: Thank them for their service to our country.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm on Team :sever: but my family are all monsters so I'm biased.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Stuck a cord.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Palemdromes posted:

Don’t tell me who to hug! You’re not my mom!!

Does that mean no hug?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I disowned my mom after she said some truly horrible stuff and had a drug-fueled mental break after decades of refusing mental health meds and therapy. Now I'm out of therapy, can touch people without crying, and I have friends who care if I exist. gently caress your mom, no hugs unless you feel comfortable with it. Feel the burn and hail gay satan.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

T-man posted:

I disowned my mom after she said some truly horrible stuff and had a drug-fueled mental break after decades of refusing mental health meds and therapy. Now I'm out of therapy, can touch people without crying, and I have friends who care if I exist. gently caress your mom, no hugs unless you feel comfortable with it. Feel the burn and hail gay satan.

Hail gay satan. I'm glad you're doing better.

iamjohnsalt
Dec 6, 2017

IncredibleIgloo posted:

In the military absolutely no one wants to get stuck outside during colors. I mean grown men and women would be power walking at an incredible rate to get inside so they don't have to stand there and salute the flag for 30 seconds. I always keep that in mind when people talk about how it is some great affront to the nebulous concept of "the troops" when folks kneel during the anthem.

sorry for dragging this quote from 10 ish pages back but it's sooooooooooo infuriatingly true. 450 was the start of an absolute insane rush to the gate every base I was at until they started regulating end of day formations to include the salute

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I love this.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

:boom:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/MarlaReynoldsC3/status/1048660122485084160

Replies are pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

When your grassroots is astroturfed bullshit backed by dark money and shadowy billionaire donors, you assume everyone is.

You don't see the kind of focus from the left on, say, Adleson, the Kochs or the Mercers, who are actually secretly propping up dickheads like Ben Shapiro and the Federalist

The Kochs funding the Tea Party did get attention, at least for a little while. As I remember it, that's when the Soros puppetmaster stuff started so there's some degree of just plain projection going on. "It's not us with the rich overlords pulling our strings from the shadows, it's you!"