Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Fallout 4 is the best Fallout
Mass Effect 2 had by far the worst story of the four
Metal Gear Solid is bad and dumb as hell
The least fun part of GTA games is the sandbox
Zelda games all suck, as do most things Nintendo have made
First Person Shooters aren't fun
Morrowind was the worst Elder Scrolls game
Online gaming sucks
Games are art like movies, books or paintings are art (none of them are)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Bogan Krkic posted:

Online gaming sucks

*Has a seizure and is left in a coma watching super Mario show reruns*

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Bogan Krkic posted:

Online gaming sucks

what the gently caress

what the fuuuuck

mooooods

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Bogan Krkic posted:

Online gaming sucks

Wrong
Correct
Correct
Wrong
Correct
Then wtf did you bring up fallout 4 for
Wrong
Correct
Wrong

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bogan Krkic posted:

NOW we're getting somewhere :D

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

oh dope posted:

Then wtf did you bring up fallout 4 for

Yeah unless he really liked the Sims: Wasteland Edition aspect that seems super contradictory

ME2's plot sucked because it laid the foundation for the utter garbage of 3. Explaining the Reapers was the worst possible decision they could have made and each Reaper post Sovereign was an obnoxious pissbaby accordingly.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Fallout 4 was a Third Person Shooter

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Bogan Krkic posted:

Fallout 4 was a Third Person Shooter

Fallout's 3PS view is the most seasickness inducing poo poo ever so if you played the whole game like that congratulations you are probably the first person ever to do so.

The inability to turn off head bob in the power armor is loving obnoxious and whoever at Bethesda decided it was a good idea should have their head shaken in one of those paint mixer thingies.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Power armor in Fallout games sucks

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Bogan Krkic posted:

Power armor in Fallout games sucks

Fallout Tactics had the best looking power armor.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That looks dumb as hell.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

veni veni veni posted:

That looks dumb as hell.

Oh I see you're familiarizing yourself with Fallout

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Fallout's bad. It's a bunch of American masturbatory fantasies rolled into a boring rear end game, all of them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I enjoy Fallout as sort of guilty pleasure but it has bad art direction going all the way back to the beginning.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Horizon Zero Dawn handles post-apoc as a setting far better than Fallout ever did, speaking as someone who played all of them very near to release if not at release. Yes all of them and I was a pretty big fanboy of them for a long time, but it was just the only game in town. Nier Automata handles it better also, as does Breath of the Wild.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The whole 50's sci fi meets post apoc setting has potential (tbh I don't love it though) but everything in Fallout is just super ugly and sloppy looking. The rangers in NV looked kinda cool and that's about it. The power armor is hideous looking.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Well thats another strike on botw its so boring i didnt even realise the world had ended.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

signalnoise posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn handles post-apoc as a setting far better than Fallout ever did, speaking as someone who played all of them very near to release if not at release. Yes all of them and I was a pretty big fanboy of them for a long time, but it was just the only game in town. Nier Automata handles it better also, as does Breath of the Wild.

Aren't they all more post-post-apoc though? Like about society having already restarted itself, rather than scraping together the last remnants of what was there? Please don't read this as a defense of the way Fallout deals with the post-apoc setting cos there's lots of things it does really badly, but all of those feel like they're set much further after an apocalypse than say Fallout or Mad Max

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
i prefer bomberman in single player

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

DogonCrook posted:

Well thats another strike on botw its so boring i didnt even realise the world had ended.

It's real subtle. The only way to really know, is that everything around you is destroyed and the characters all talk about how the world ended throughout the entire game.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
No the apocalypse is going to be japenese school girls fighting robots with swords im sure of it.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
wwf no mercy is the perfect game, very closely rivalled by def jam: fight for NY

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

the best fighting game is the wu tang clan one

Barudak
May 7, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

It's real subtle. The only way to really know, is that everything around you is destroyed and the characters all talk about how the world ended throughout the entire game.

They say that, but like everyone you encounter has lives for a hundred years anyway and despite the world supposedly ending its going to end even harder during the game if you dont stop gannon. By the like 4th character I encountered who was a hundred years old I decided everyone was loving with link and the appocalypse happened a week ago.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Bogan Krkic posted:

the best fighting game is the wu tang clan one

Plug in son, get connected

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Bogan Krkic posted:

Aren't they all more post-post-apoc though? Like about society having already restarted itself, rather than scraping together the last remnants of what was there? Please don't read this as a defense of the way Fallout deals with the post-apoc setting cos there's lots of things it does really badly, but all of those feel like they're set much further after an apocalypse than say Fallout or Mad Max

The reason I say Fallout handles the post-apoc setting worse than the others is because Fallout uses the wasteland as a setting, but rarely discusses the time before the apocalyptic event, and doesn't use it for much more than an excuse to use that wasteland setting. Most of the backstory is explained as "there were wars that used nukes" but beyond that it's just about how hosed up the vaults were, which only matters for the protagonist's story in Fallout 1. Everything after that is just hey, remember how vaults were bad? Check out this dungeon that is a vault, you can totally read some computer files that talk about how it was bad.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

That's all very true, and I'd also like to add that text logs are an incredibly lazy and unsatisfying delivery of exposition in a video game

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

DogonCrook posted:

same but just planet earth ityool 2k18

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Dying Light is a poorly designed attempt at first person melee action games and the parkour system narrowly masks the lovely controls and feeling that Dead Island had.

It's only fun when you get the expcalibur sword and babe ruth everything.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Into The Breach is a pretty good game.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Deus ex mankind divided is actually really good apart from the bad acting of your aussie boss guy

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Also fallour games are dumb because it takes twenty minutes to clean up your room, not 200 years

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Games are hard sometimes and sometimes I get frustrated

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sid Vicious posted:

Games are hard sometimes and sometimes I get frustrated

ugh tell me about it, just started playing megaman 11 tonight

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

ugh tell me about it, just started playing megaman 11 tonight

Become proficient

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

dreadmojo posted:

Deus ex mankind divided is actually really good apart from the bad acting of your aussie boss guy

Why do they even bother with australian accents when they're always fake and so badly acted

You can just like, hire australians y'know. We're everywhere.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Why do they even bother with australian accents when they're always fake and so badly acted

people just don't like talking to you, sorry

:smith:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They are afraid they will steal stuff from their office if they let them in.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Blimey mate

CROIKY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They couldn't find a real Australian that is capable of not saying oval office 5 times in every sentence.