Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

I kid you not any time something ends in 69 at least 4 of my co-workers will say "nice". They even use the picture of the dude from South Park saying 'nice'.

What kills me there though is, that's explicitly missing the point of that episode. Those people are watching South Park not realizing its satire. That loving blows my mind.

Its the same as people who un-ironically post "member star wars?" and then... go right into waxing nostalgic about star wars. Just... goddamn. Y'all are a self-parody.

I had no idea that was even a South Park thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I've legit heard people say the names of twitch emotes in conversation. Like "that's a bit scratchhead" or even pretty dire poo poo like "that's so poggers". I felt like a really loving old man having to google things to understand what young people were saying. To be fair these are mostly teenagers

I suspect my highschool teachers felt much the same way when we started saying poo poo like "owned" in conversation

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I finally had to put on my old man badge when "stan" become a... verb? I won't even look into exactly what the hell it means I'm so drat pissed off.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Smh if you don't use colon get in colon irl

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Comptroll The Forums posted:

I finally had to put on my old man badge when "stan" become a... verb? I won't even look into exactly what the hell it means I'm so drat pissed off.

It's based off the Eminem song. It's an extreme version of the word fan.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kids adapting a term from a song that was popular when their parents were teens and getting people mad rules

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

It's not quite?

69 started out as a Borat thing I thought, but it was 'very nice' then but somehow that got mixed up with South Park 'nice' from the episode where a teacher was sleeping with one of the kids' baby brother, I think? At least, the image explicitly comes from that, and most people say it with that same inflection. I don't think it had anything to do with the number.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

ishikabibble posted:

It's not quite?

69 started out as a Borat thing I thought, but it was 'very nice' then but somehow that got mixed up with South Park 'nice' from the episode where a teacher was sleeping with one of the kids' baby brother, I think? At least, the image explicitly comes from that, and most people say it with that same inflection. I don't think it had anything to do with the number.

I thought it was Bill 'n Ted?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Applesnots posted:

I thought it was Bill 'n Ted?

It was a thing in BnT but as far as I remember it was just "SIXTY NINEEE DUUUUUUDE", I don't think they did the "nice" thing.

This site: https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/69-nice-meme-twitter/ seems to think south park was the origin in that particular style of reply, but I'm willing to admit it could have started somewhere else.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
69 has referred to a specific sex position as long as I can remember. "Nice" is pretty new.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Nice in reply to 69, I should've specified. Also upon further checking it I guess it wasn't actually a thing from Borat? Checking for it I can't actually find the line anywhere.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Moon Monster posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h7SpXGz-XOc

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Darlin darlin Stan by me...

bike tory posted:

I've legit heard people say the names of twitch emotes in conversation. Like "that's a bit scratchhead" or even pretty dire poo poo like "that's so poggers". I felt like a really loving old man having to google things to understand what young people were saying. To be fair these are mostly teenagers

I suspect my highschool teachers felt much the same way when we started saying poo poo like "owned" in conversation

I'm not on twitch so idk what that stuff is but when I was in high school I had a friend that would say "loll" out loud instead of laughing about things that were slightly amusing (kinda like the people that say "that's funny" instead of actually laughing) and it was super annoying but also kind of hilarious. Dammit Nelson :argh:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Kids (and terrible adults) definitely say lol and rofl and definitely said it at least 15 years ago. Also, I've heard some people write 'lol' in reply to a post when they didn't actually laugh out loud in real life ("irl").

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Also, I've heard some people write 'lol' in reply to a post when they didn't actually laugh out loud in real life ("irl").

lol

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

Dixville posted:

I'm not on twitch so idk what that stuff is but when I was in high school I had a friend that would say "loll" out loud instead of laughing about things that were slightly amusing (kinda like the people that say "that's funny" instead of actually laughing) and it was super annoying but also kind of hilarious. Dammit Nelson :argh:

Back in around 2007-2008, I was in a small music group at school with a bunch of other teens who would say "lol" out loud and take any and all opportunities to get our teacher to learn to play Chocolate Rain on the piano or get a substitute teacher to look up goatse. This was back when it was mostly just internet weirdos who quoted memes irl and so I had no idea they were even meme-y things, I just thought one of the guys REALLY liked Rick Astley

Not that I wasn't an internet weirdo, I just spent all my time on Neopets and Deviantart

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Noooo

Edit I am lol out loud IRL

Dixville has a new favorite as of 12:05 on Oct 9, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Probably the Golliwog store or something.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Zaphod42 posted:

I kid you not any time something ends in 69 at least 4 of my co-workers will say "nice". They even use the picture of the dude from South Park saying 'nice'.

What kills me there though is, that's explicitly missing the point of that episode. Those people are watching South Park not realizing its satire. That loving blows my mind.

Its the same as people who un-ironically post "member star wars?" and then... go right into waxing nostalgic about star wars. Just... goddamn. Y'all are a self-parody.

Irony is dead. They are probably doing it ironically, but there's basically no way to distinguish between that and just plain doing it. See also the entire alt-right.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Probably the Golliwog store or something.

I kinda want that bourbon-shaped biscuit tin in the top left though.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I have a few friends 30 or above who not only say lol irl but like obscure twitch meme emojis

«drat that was ezclap»
What?
«Monka giga brah»

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Considering I know someone who once bought a hamster for her underage friend, I'd believe this one.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Jurgan has a new favorite as of 01:50 on Oct 13, 2018

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Butt Detective posted:

Back in around 2007-2008, I was in a small music group at school with a bunch of other teens who would say "lol" out loud and take any and all opportunities to get our teacher to learn to play Chocolate Rain on the piano or get a substitute teacher to look up goatse. This was back when it was mostly just internet weirdos who quoted memes irl and so I had no idea they were even meme-y things, I just thought one of the guys REALLY liked Rick Astley

Not that I wasn't an internet weirdo, I just spent all my time on Neopets and Deviantart

How old is goatse? I graduated HS in '08 and I remember it being ancient at that point.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

RoastBeef posted:

How old is goatse? I graduated HS in '08 and I remember it being ancient at that point.

I remember the first memes. We tittered at the captions of Mr. T Ate My Balls on the school's 90's era Macintoshes...

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

RoastBeef posted:

The 20 year anniversary of the goatman is next year, it went up in 1999

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Couldn't even be bothered to fold it to give the appearance of coming out of an envelope.

Lazy, 0/10

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

RoastBeef posted:

Knowing that group (one of which was a girl who got exam results so bad her grades spelt DUDE), they probably didn’t care how old it was. I think they also tried to get substitutes to look up meatspin a few times too, and convinced our music teacher to put on Borat once.

Between this and basically having no music teacher the year prior it’s no wonder I never actually learned anything outside of the practical lessons

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Piell posted:

The 20 year anniversary of the goatman is next year, it went up in 1999
Around 2000/2001 when goatse was the hot new trend people were posting links to goatse.cx all the time, but I was always afraid to click on them because I assumed it was a man loving a goat or similar and since bestiality was illegal I was afraid of the Internet Police showing up at my mom's door or something, I wasn't real clear on how the Internet worked. Finally I broke down and clicked on it and realized "Oh, it's just that man stretching open his anus people post on SA all the time."

Anyway the take-away from this is that I'm old now.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Knormal posted:

Around 2000/2001 when goatse was the hot new trend people were posting links to goatse.cx all the time, but I was always afraid to click on them because I assumed it was a man loving a goat or similar and since bestiality was illegal I was afraid of the Internet Police showing up at my mom's door or something, I wasn't real clear on how the Internet worked. Finally I broke down and clicked on it and realized "Oh, it's just that man stretching open his anus people post on SA all the time."

Anyway the take-away from this is that I'm old now.

Sounds more like the take-away is that your perceived threat of criminal penalties was finally overcome by your lust for goatfucking but hey, you do you man

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

i hate these fake ~rejection~ letters so much. none of them are even funny, they're just cringey

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

But they get those sweet sweet upvotes.

If you get enough you can sell the account for $$$$

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Snoo posted:

i hate these fake ~rejection~ letters so much. none of them are even funny, they're just cringey

Only STDH I hate more are the obviously fake test sheets, with or without obviously fake teachers' notes.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
My husband had this one come across his Quora feed yesterday, and it's a doozy. I'll only post the first part in case you don't want to read bad erotica in front of your friends/coworkers/boss.

:nws: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-most-embarrassing-thing-you-have-let-someone-do-to-you/answers/104048996

totally real story posted:

What is the most embarrassing thing you have let someone do to you?

We were playing Truth or Dare in our college dorm,( 3 other guys and 4 girls) and the game asked if I would remove an article of clothing. I had nothing on but a pair of shorts and underwear, so I was the only one sitting there in my underwear. The game went on and eventually I was asked whether I wanted to do Truth or Dare. I picked Truth, and it asked what was a naughty fantasy I had. I said I had a recurring dream that I was naked in public, with someone spanking me while another person gave me a blowjob.

Much later in the game, after some drinking, I had come to the last of the questions. It happened to be a dare, so I had to take it. Unfortunately for me, I had donned all my clothes already and was fully nude. All of the other guys and girls still had some form of clothing on. Katie the girl asking the question said, “I dare you to let me spank you while “Chloe” (not her real name) give you a handjob. I had no choice but to let them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Dear Penthouse: I can't believe this happened to me but...

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
It makes me irrationally angry that he wrote "donned" when he meant "doffed" :bahgawd:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/kacang_tua/status/1050444857217638400?s=20

The joke is funny. I like it.

But don’t credit it to your ten year old daughter. Come on.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

hyperhazard posted:

My husband had this one come across his Quora feed yesterday, and it's a doozy. I'll only post the first part in case you don't want to read bad erotica in front of your friends/coworkers/boss.

:nws: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-most-embarrassing-thing-you-have-let-someone-do-to-you/answers/104048996

Quora answers are the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

hyperhazard posted:

I did see a dude stick his head under a lady's skirt at a truth or dare thing. I really hoped he motorboated her because that would have been hilarious. As it is, I don't remember what happened; the whole evening is hazy.

Edit: in the basement of a Catholic Church, XxX Edgy as gently caress XxX!