Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Setting up massive Amazon warehouse to allow same day shipping across the globe.

New Amazon Apollo Prime allows you to wait one rotation of the moon to have a rocket touch down to sell your flat Earth conspiracy mugs.

At first the internet raged at this coinciding with firing 95% of it's human workforce and replacing them with robots. But soon replaced the rage with actively interacting with the brand and it's viral marketing strategy by sharing images of the giant facility.

The giant mega faciliy, three main buildings are shaped in the letters

CHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Houle posted:

The giant mega faciliy, three main buildings are shaped in the letters

CHA

:golfclap:
We couldn't be so lucky.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
clearly bezos is going to build a cargo delivery mechanism up there that he'll then use to bring the world under his heel via threat of rod-from-god annihilation

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
this prime delivery levelled a city :eyepop:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Food Boner posted:

clearly bezos is going to build a cargo delivery mechanism up there that he'll then use to bring the world under his heel via threat of rod-from-god annihilation

the shittiest possible version of the moon is a harsh mistress

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
yr mom’s dildo lol

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
its worth noting that amazon cannot oppress the world if its destroyed maybe bezos will fuse with bernie and become immortal god emperor of the luna confederacy

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.

Shear Modulus posted:

the fact that the dude had to sell his nobel prize to afford end-of-life care instead of his family being able to keep it sounds kind of bad imo

yeah that was my intent, of course it's just a dumb statue and he's old as gently caress. what kind of greedy oval office do you have to be to still take the statue?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Nothus posted:

Literally Elysium

Elysium is a near orbit habitat :colbert:

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
"see that trophy over there? 96 yearold nobel prize winner. the economic system i benefit from got that, clean 3/4 millions right between the eyes. good hunting."

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

http://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/the-program

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
remember how a bunch of houses in MA caught fire or exploded a couple weeks ago because the gas company overpressurized the lines?

guess what just happened somewhere else in MA

https://twitter.com/JulieLoncich/status/1049367934173417472

the decay of our infrastructure and incompetence of our private utilities are a beauty to behold. for bonus points, this time the culprit is National Grid, which locked out their union employees in July and has been using scabs ever since

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
ya get what ya pay for.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

succ posted:

lol they want off this planet so bad

Nah man the moon blows.

It’s more likely that it’s a feasibility study to ship the poors up.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
:yikes:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried to search for that stream and jesus fuckme christ

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Up until about a year and a half ago I watched a lot of youtube, but these day I check my feed, check my subscriptions and then close the app without watching anything. It's all just vomitgarbage.

(although that goon who does the city building series while talking about real world politics and how it affects city planning and growth is pretty good)

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
youtube has democratized and monetized a path to celebrity

this is the end result, and as long as there are desperate people out there looking to escape their bleak lives, well, it's a hard path to ignore

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
i just use it to play classical performances and nature docs :shrug:

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Morphix posted:

youtube has democratized and monetized a path to celebrity

this is the end result, and as long as there are desperate people out there looking to escape their bleak lives, well, it's a hard path to ignore

jokes on them, YouTube stars are miserable too

once they have a fan base it’s nonstop demand for new content and they’re all burning out

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Rhesus Pieces posted:

jokes on them, YouTube stars are miserable too

once they have a fan base it’s nonstop demand for new content and they’re all burning out

exactly, it’s no difference than multi-day dancing contests or any of the other 30s era poo poo

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/cflav/status/1049270902762995712

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

people give facebook and twitter an unending amount of well deserved poo poo but youtube is at another level

it’s a nexus of narcissistic fame culture, algorithmically generated gibberish videos for babies and the world’s one stop shop to turn all adolescent boys into nazi stormtroopers

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Rhesus Pieces posted:

people give facebook and twitter an unending amount of well deserved poo poo but youtube is at another level

it’s a nexus of narcissistic fame culture, algorithmically generated gibberish videos for babies and the world’s one stop shop to turn all adolescent boys into nazi stormtroopers

this is because Facebook and Twitter basically don't show you anything besides what your friends and follows are doing

since the average YouTube user doesn't make videos, YT shows you everyone's videos, so you're exposed to a public algorithmic hell

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Phrosphor posted:

Up until about a year and a half ago I watched a lot of youtube, but these day I check my feed, check my subscriptions and then close the app without watching anything. It's all just vomitgarbage.

(although that goon who does the city building series while talking about real world politics and how it affects city planning and growth is pretty good)

link?

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lvUByM-fZk

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN has issued a correction as of 03:57 on Oct 9, 2018

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

this is because Facebook and Twitter basically don't show you anything besides what your friends and follows are doing

since the average YouTube user doesn't make videos, YT shows you everyone's videos, so you're exposed to a public algorithmic hell

ruled by robots bent on our extinction

The algo-whisperers and click-farmers that ask for youtube money to "help drive traffic and engagement" are successful for a reason,- Botting is so prominent that I am no longer able to influence people's recommendations and then appear in a glorious shared realm of good comments and better music.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Rhesus Pieces posted:

it's insanely hosed up that they let Prager University do ad buys which are basically just their full videos.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

they're called cybershoes

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Taintrunner posted:

they're called cybershoes

forget the shoes, what the hell shirt/jacket is that guy wearing :psyduck:

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Youtbe is in a bad place between wikipedia and twitter where its got great informative videos about machinery from the 1900's and also 500,000 videos about anita sarkeesian

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Thats the guy, but I was referring to this series specifically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vln5Ri4Zpgo

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

pushpins posted:

Youtbe is in a bad place between wikipedia and twitter where its got great informative videos about machinery from the 1900's and also 500,000 videos about anita sarkeesian

yeah twitter is good for following journalists and activists and youtube is indispensable for finding diy repair videos and such but holy poo poo the toxic content on both platforms is actively ruining the world as we speak

facebook is total garbage though, I can’t believe they actually went forward with their stupid tablet camera spy device today

that’s what everyone needs, yet another alexa enabled device pushed by loving facebook of all companies

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
remember Google's failed social network attempt, G+?

after letting it coast for years, they found a bug that leaked users' personal info...and covered it up for fear of bad PR

they only just now revealed it now, because they're finally shutting G+ down and needed an excuse

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Main Paineframe posted:

remember Google's failed social network attempt, G+?

I had honestly forgotten that it existed. When I saw this earlier, I had assumed it shut down years ago.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Ommin posted:

I had honestly forgotten that it existed. When I saw this earlier, I had assumed it shut down years ago.

Remember Google Video?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Phrosphor posted:

Remember Google Video?

google video was actually superior to youtube for a very significant chunk of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
remember google wave?