Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Don't forget how Jacqui Lambie was in every political party under the sun until finally landing a seat with PUP (and rapidly becoming independent). Some people just want to be in power, regardless of party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Zenithe posted:

Even Thatcher had decent views on climate change. loving Thatcher.

Only because she realised the financial implications of not recognising climate change, rather than the damage to the planet.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Don't forget how Jacqui Lambie was in every political party under the sun until finally landing a seat with PUP (and rapidly becoming independent). Some people just want to be in power, regardless of party.
Yeah, there's a former real estate dude in my area who's been associated with the Democrats, then Independent, then the Liberals trying to get seats in either the local council or state parliament

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Wouldn't surprise me if some Young Liberal annoyed Kitching and so she decided to join Labor out of spite.

Like how Joe Hockey was motivated because of someone in the USyd SRC wasn't nice enough to him when he wanted a free movie ticket.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Power, paycheck and prestige. Career politicians for you.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Sadly calling it got a recorded message saying it was disconnected

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if some Young Liberal annoyed Kitching and so she decided to join Labor out of spite.

Like how Joe Hockey was motivated because of someone in the USyd SRC wasn't nice enough to him when he wanted a free movie ticket.

Wasn't Abbott gunning for a Labor party ticket while at Uni until one of his mates convinced him that he'd have an easier time getting noticed in the much smaller and less radical Liberal group?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Schlesische posted:

Wasn't Abbott gunning for a Labor party ticket while at Uni until one of his mates convinced him that he'd have an easier time getting noticed in the much smaller and less radical Liberal group?

Knowing Abbott it was probably the DLP he was going for, but that party hasn't been the same since Bob Santamaria died.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

If any of those 91IPCC scientists bothered to play sim city they would know microwave power plants unlock in 2020

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

iajanus posted:

Sadly calling it got a recorded message saying it was disconnected

Hahahah imagine how pissed off he must be

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hooman posted:

Economic Update with Richard D. Wolff is a good podcast listen.

I cannot recommend this enough! Also, his partner Dr. Harriet Fraad has started a new podcast called Capitalism Hits Home, which focuses on how capitalism affects our family relationships, mental health etc. If you like Economic Update, give Capitalism Hits Home a listen, too.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

AbortRetryFail posted:

If any of those 91IPCC scientists bothered to play sim city they would know microwave power plants unlock in 2020

Wait for Fusion in 2050 IMO, no risk of accidentally nuking your city.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Zenithe posted:

Wait for Fusion in 2050 IMO, no risk of accidentally nuking your city.

Are you saying we shouldn't install 50 microwave power plants in Sydney and cut the power budget to zero the moment it unlocks?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

People encouraging people to go all Grandpa Simpson on Alan Jones's sponsors / advertiser's.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hambeet fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 9, 2018

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hambeet posted:

People encouraging people to go all Grandpa Simpsons on Alan Jones's sponsors / advertiser's.

Who is vodaphone? Is that some weird knockoff of vodafone? At least one of those advertisers was killed in action.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Every time I see the name Peter Jackson I start humming the tune

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i love our avatars bj

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

All betting for the Everest horse race has been suspended, with Racing NSW stewards citing "security risks" amid a fiery debate about the use of the Sydney Opera House to promote the event.

lmfao

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

hambeet posted:

People encouraging people to go all Grandpa Simpson on Alan Jones's sponsors / advertiser's.

They play Clive Palmer ads on 2gb and then Ray Hadley rages about them it's really funny.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

half that list are companies who solely target baby boomers anyway so i don't like their chances.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hambeet posted:

i love our avatars bj

me too :gay: shoulda added a lowtax spine fund thingo to mine. ah well, next time

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/kloussikian/status/1049425606465572864

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I thought this was going to be a chinese lantern or something, but no, its literally just a lamp post, made in China, that the CEO maliciously installed outside Alan Jones' toaster house in order to prevent public injuries.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Alan Jones literally wants the Opera house all to himself as a piece of untouched landscape in the view from his apartment. he does not give a single blue gently caress about it beyond the fact he wants to see it from his house, with no people near it ever.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hambeet posted:

half that list are companies who solely target baby boomers anyway so i don't like their chances.
If I don't shop at Coles or IGA my choices are ALDI and Woolworths both of whom I have already declared an Intifada on. Are you telling me to starve to death?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

bell jar posted:

I thought this was going to be a chinese lantern or something, but no, its literally just a lamp post, made in China, that the CEO maliciously installed outside Alan Jones' toaster house in order to prevent public injuries.

Alan Jones: "God the lefties love to whinge and complain!"

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I wish I could be even partially surprised.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
You would think the UN saying we have 12 years to live would cause worldwide riots.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Anidav posted:

You would think the UN saying we have 12 years to live would cause worldwide riots.

get back to me when it's 5 years

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
So NBN Co. sent me a customer satisfaction survey on the completely hosed up internet cut over they have been clusterfucking for ~9months.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

get back to me when it's 5 years

I heard telephones, opera house, favourite melodies. I saw boys, toys, electric irons and TVs. My brain hurt like a warehouse, I had no room to spare. I had to cram so many things to store everything in there.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Cartoon posted:

If I don't shop at Coles or IGA my choices are ALDI and Woolworths both of whom I have already declared an Intifada on. Are you telling me to starve to death?

if i had known it was that easy!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Cartoon posted:

So NBN Co. sent me a customer satisfaction survey on the completely hosed up internet cut over they have been clusterfucking for ~9months.

watch as someone accidentally pushes your ticket to the back of the queue

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Anidav posted:

That's not what they said.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It kinda is for alot of people especially in coastal regions and such.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

A licence to pollute?
*scoff.gif*

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Anidav I got a PC Engine Duo-R

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anidav posted:

A licence to pollute?
*fart.gif*

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Was that the one that was on sale by a goon in the Retro Game thread?

Anidav posted:

A licence to pollute?
*scoff.gif*
Shameful, no actual scoff.gif

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Isn't RX better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

Isn't RX better?

the RX came with a six button controller and they also took the fuse out. That's the difference.

• Locked thread