Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

incoherent posted:

https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/1047794412577837056

lifted from the trump thread. That loving shitheel Nunes is ahead.

gently caress Nunes, but I don't it should be understated how amazing that Hunter number is. The correct take there is "holy poo poo a Palestinian is within striking distance in that district."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol about time the state dems gave up on the lost cause that was eggman's attempt's to unseat denham

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Craptacular! posted:

There sure are a lot of bad props, voted yes on 7/11/12.

Okay after reading this thread I won’t vote yes on 11 either.

There’s just so many props that are “outfit that would benefit from prop funds a prop”.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Maybe we could add sponsor logos to the Voter's Guides for situations like that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

incoherent posted:

https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/1047794412577837056

lifted from the trump thread. That loving shitheel Nunes is ahead.

Is this all voters, or likely voters?

regardless, everything within like 4% is a statistical tie because of sampling errors.

It does look like Nunes is going to win, though if it's a likely voter projection, enthusiasm may massively swing into the formulas this particular pollster is using to adjust their raw numbers.

It's also worth pointing out the two polls (listed here) put Nunes up by 8 or 14 points, I suspect it's actually the same 8 point poll there in which case it's actually possibly as much as 14 points lead.

Really though 8 points is not a very comfortable lead given turnout in midterms can swing by a lot. Midterm polling in general is hard.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

I can't believe Rohrabacher is the closest race, that piece of poo poo is hated.

It makes me happy that Walters is getting slammed though, that's my home district, and Porter is awesome.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Issa's old district looks like it's going blue, gently caress yeah

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Infinite Karma posted:

I can't believe Rohrabacher is the closest race, that piece of poo poo is hated.

It makes me happy that Walters is getting slammed though, that's my home district, and Porter is awesome.

from what i read a lot of the closeness can be attributed to rohrabacher has a longstanding constituency among shithead hardliner old guard vietnamese refugees, and his district includes a good chunk of westminster/garden grove/fountain valley

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 6, 2018

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Craptacular! posted:

Okay after reading this thread I won’t vote yes on 11 either.

There’s just so many props that are “outfit that would benefit from prop funds a prop”.

Sadly That's Politics. Basically it's insanely easy for moneyed interests just to buy signatures with misleading information and enough bugging people. Throw on a misleading enough title that's enticing to the mushy brained boombers, since you just need enough people to vote on title, and cha-ching! Easy pass.

There are still sometimes decent propositions even outside of moneyed interests. At least this year, Prop 1, 7, 10, 12 are all pretty good. I agree with Pete's overall assessment http://www.peterates.com/props-1118.shtml, although I disagree with him on 8 I think. He claims it'll cause clinics to close, but sometimes poo poo has to get worse to get better if that does happen. I'll have to do more research myself but I'm still quite leaning towards yes.

I still love the absolute steaming dump that Xavier Becerra pulled over 6, it's loving great. I wish he could have done the same to 11 :sigh:

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Does anyone have good resources on where to learn more about the District 1 justices that are up on the ballot this year?

Specifically, I want to know more about James Richman & Peter Siggins (both appointed by Schwarzenegger), and Barbara Jones (can't find who appointed her).

I'm leaning towards No on Richman & Siggins because they're GOP appointed, but I want to make sure.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Dad Jokes posted:

Does anyone have good resources on where to learn more about the District 1 justices that are up on the ballot this year?

Specifically, I want to know more about James Richman & Peter Siggins (both appointed by Schwarzenegger), and Barbara Jones (can't find who appointed her).

I'm leaning towards No on Richman & Siggins because they're GOP appointed, but I want to make sure.

It's super hard to find any sort of mention of the judicial candidates at all - been looking them up on http://www.courts.ca.gov and looking for indications of their career arc - public defender good, appointed by Brown ok, GOP chief of staff not great, etc.

Spite option: you could look them up on judgevoterguide.com and vote the opposite since it's created by some conservative shitheel who hates ~judicial activism~

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

It is a fair amount of work, but you can go to http://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions-slip.htm?Courts=A or http://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions-nonpub.htm?Courts=A for the appropriate district and get a listing of cases. Not all judges hear all cases, but you can pretty quickly open the pdf and search for their names to find ones they did rule on. Then you can read it and decide if you think they're being sane.

(The one case I found for Richman in 30 secs of checking was him ruling that a trial court judge who improperly prompted the prosecutor to ask about some specific elements of a crime was a harmless error and the conviction should stand. The case was about a guy who rammed his truck into a women who turned him down for a date, then fled the scene and led the police on a chase. The question was about a forward facing red lamp specifically vs generic "lights and siren" for establishing the evading police charge (http://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/nonpub/A152474.PDF). You probably want to find something more controversial to base your opinion on)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I’m an overseas voter; got my ballot yesterday. This is probably a common question so I apologize, but can someone explain wtf is up with Prop 12? Does yes or no mean I hate chickens? Both?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Voting yes means chickens are required to be cage free. This greatly impacts the price (and quality) of the egg. Imma vote no, cuz early in my life I had first hand experience with chickens and they are hateful creatures who should be locked up. Also eggs are already expensive enough.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Alternatively you should vote yes because we have the resources to both treat Chickens in a humane manner and not charge so much for eggs that lower income households can't afford them, greedy shitfuck agribusiness moguls not withstanding.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Battery cages are banned in the EU. Eggs are still cheap.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I can't bring myself to stop eating meat, but I'll gladly pay more/eat less if it means we can treat our livestock with even a shred of dignity.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I just mean from what I’ve been reading both sides are saying the other actually wants cages and I don’t know enough about the issue to know which is right.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

Voting yes means chickens are required to be cage free. This greatly impacts the price (and quality) of the egg. Imma vote no, cuz early in my life I had first hand experience with chickens and they are hateful creatures who should be locked up. Also eggs are already expensive enough.

modern chicken farming is a public health hazard dude

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

To concentrate chicken pop as we have been you must debeak ever single chicken in the pens. This is extremely painful for the birds and not having pinpoint accuracy when eating means a lot of feces is ingested aswell as feed. Its not just about cage free but all the other things you have to do to keep the chicken from killing each other due to the tight quarters. Vote yes today.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 9, 2018

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

KirbyKhan posted:

This is one of the shittiest, stupidest posts I've ever seen on this dumb site.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Yeah it's really dumb. "Chickens are dumb and mean so I'm going to torture them all their lives and also cover them in poo poo"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah it's really dumb. "Chickens are dumb and mean so I'm going to torture them all their lives and also cover them in poo poo"

*gets listeria*

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I find something bleak about there being a proposition meant to ensure the health and happiness of every chicken (and as Raskolnikov38 points out, it's a good idea) in the state but there's gently caress all legislation with the same scope for human beings.

I had the same reaction when the state passed both Prop 8 and that massive animal welfare proposition in the same election.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

KirbyKhan posted:

Am I the only one who read the second part as a joke?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Driving past dozens of homeless people who can gently caress off and die so I can vote to save chickens.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Skyscraper posted:

Am I the only one who read the second part as a joke?

No.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Driving past dozens of homeless people who can gently caress off and die so I can vote to save chickens.

:ca:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

*gets listeria*

libs = owned

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

early in my life I had first hand experience with homeless and they are hateful creatures who should be locked up. Also eggs are already expensive enough. 

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Chichevache posted:

early in my life I had first hand experience with homeless and they are hateful creatures who should be locked up.

Aka i gave a homeless guy pennies and he threw them at me and screamed

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

if homeless people shat out an egg every day they'd all have nice comfy 4' by 4' by 2' cages to spend their lives in

e. it'd have to be a big egg tho or else why have a homeless person instead of just a chicken

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Leperflesh posted:

e. it'd have to be a big egg tho or else why have a homeless person instead of just a chicken

Chickens have rights now

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

if homeless people shat out an egg every day they'd all have nice comfy 4' by 4' by 2' cages to spend their lives in

They just get 5' by 10's for petty theft instead. Problem solved. :downs:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I guess a hundred license plates is as good as a huge hobo egg

e. or a few thousand, I dunno, however many are made per day

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Prisoners save rich people's homes from fires. The circle of life is complete.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

ChickieNobs 2020

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

I guess a hundred license plates is as good as a huge hobo egg

e. or a few thousand, I dunno, however many are made per day

In jail they just sir around watching tv. :effort:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
So is yes on 12 yes on cages or is no on 12 yes on cages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

So is yes on 12 yes on cages or is no on 12 yes on cages

a yes on prop 12 sets physical dimension requirements for cages and pens instead of the vague "is able to stand and extend limbs" that the old proposition used. so a yes would be for bigger cages and pens