Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What are some of everyone's favorite Shitstorm videos from previous years?
Anatomy is one of the best horror games I think I've ever seen, honestly. just genuinely disturbing despite being extremely low budget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYX2nPpWp8o&hd=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://clips.twitch.tv/TransparentNurturingSnoodYee

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Some of my favorites.

1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVZV2wuA3GE
2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG6fAQoxv4Y
3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv2lpUzbiLE
4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC55zypw3C4
5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk7jC7zB2ec
6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtrYfDUdufI + https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUZECwCm20U

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
The Ring Terror's Realm
Lakeview Cabin Collection
Power Drill Massacre
Erie

Also, Anatomy

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Are they gonna play We Happy Few this year?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

imscared

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Considering that Brazil just opted to go fascist, and that new policies would transform it's favelas into syrian-shootouts, I hope that 2Snacks can get out of there.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

this game is loving poo poo and makes me angry

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Cool $2 no effort Steam trash that's literally just based around a viral image being plastered all over everywhere

Massively disappointed in this Shitstorm so far

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Haven't had a chance to start Paige's Detroit stream, does she keep killing Connor over and over again?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

RareAcumen posted:

Haven't had a chance to start Paige's Detroit stream, does she keep killing Connor over and over again?

I only caught her doing the very first part, but in that hostage scene alone she actually got 2 scenes I don't think I ever saw anyone else get, saving the wounded cop on the terrace which got a pretty cool line out of Connor "Get away from him unless you wanna die!" - "I'm not alive!" and then actually talking Daniel down peacefully, so if anything right off the bat she kinda rocked it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

One Late Night is the peak of all shitstorms. The Back Down has never been realer than them cowering under a desk from a monster that literally doesn't even animate when it moves.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh drat pat AND paige both love legend of legaia, they sure DO have great taste! That game rules

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ju-On The Grudge and Friday the 13th are top-tier videos.

Grouchio posted:

Are they gonna play We Happy Few this year?

Considering what an embarrassing piece of poo poo that game is I would rather they not waste their money.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TaurusOxford posted:

Ju-On The Grudge and Friday the 13th are top-tier videos.

Considering what an embarrassing piece of poo poo that game is I would rather they not waste their money.

Being embarrassing and bad seems to be the theme of this Shitstorm

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What the gently caress in this dq11 stream archive, pat has weaponized crazy talk. He keeps making stupid jokes and IMMEDIATELY the game does something that plays off it. The grandpa Gohan thing, the wet thing, the tree thing

Good stream

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

We Happy Few is fine but it's not a horror game, it just had a bunch of people try and misrepresent the themes in it as being against anti-depressants, to the point where one of the devs came up and was like "Uh, we likely wouldn't have been able to make this game without a chunk of us being on anti-depressants, you're incredibly wrong."

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm liking this shitstorm so far! Sure, the videos where Matt has played the game already are a bit lamer, but I think they've still been worth watching.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I'm into the shitstorm so far, The Last Deadend while not scary was hilarious eurojank, which is a perfectly acceptable shitstorm category. Horns of Fear, while somewhat goofy, was really a interestingly put together game with some solid spooky visuals. Haven't watched Agony yet, but so far they've all been pretty good for either commentary or spooking the boys guts off, with the exception of Camp Sunshine which I found kind of dull.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hilarious eurojank is the best shitstorm category anyway

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Andrast posted:

Hilarious eurojank is the best shitstorm category anyway

I want Matt and Wookiee to finish that one eurojank game with the occult they did a couple of months ago

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I can't wait for them to play Crying is Not Enough. Now that is some amazing eurojank.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

There was a game they played last year or the year before where a dad went to an orphanage to find his daughter and the dad got attacked by crazed orphans and there were demons and whatnot. It was one of those janky 360 games. Anyone remember that one? I’ve been wanting to watch it again.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

theCalamity posted:

There was a game they played last year or the year before where a dad went to an orphanage to find his daughter and the dad got attacked by crazed orphans and there were demons and whatnot. It was one of those janky 360 games. Anyone remember that one? I’ve been wanting to watch it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ldh7mUMrBs

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Yesssss that it! Much thanks

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I'm still waiting on Week of Euro Jank that Pat promised us on the podcast all those years ago.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TftB, get in there, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Yardbomb posted:

We Happy Few is fine but it's not a horror game, it just had a bunch of people try and misrepresent the themes in it as being against anti-depressants, to the point where one of the devs came up and was like "Uh, we likely wouldn't have been able to make this game without a chunk of us being on anti-depressants, you're incredibly wrong."

Doesn't help that the director literally stated that it was about antidepressants

It also doesn't help that it loving sucks

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Pat has finally admitted defeated on Hunter x Hunter. Thus does Short Wrong Man History continue.

TERMINAL SONICITUS
Dec 24, 2012

He...he went so fast...
Holy poo poo, that gameboy rant on the podcast is a fuckin' journey.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I wouldn't have expected them to record a podcast on Canadian Thanksgiving.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Deleter posted:

Pat has finally admitted defeated on Hunter x Hunter. Thus does Short Wrong Man History continue.

I need to hear this, I need the schadenfreude.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

I can't believe the show wasn't the first episode repeated for 16 years. How can this be

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is the long hair thing they made fun of going to blow his little ginger mind with its awesomeness, I've never read hxh but I know that scene even knowing nothing else and that seems like a fun thing for them to eat crow on

Also read the rest of one piece the series you actually enjoyed already pat :colbert:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

A good poster posted:

I wouldn't have expected them to record a podcast on Canadian Thanksgiving.

I think most people end up doing the family thing on Sat/Sun (at least, my family always has) - Monday just ends up as a day off.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Dias posted:

He stopped right before the Heavens Arena arc. I hope he gets further by the time they do the next podcast like near the end of the Yorknew arc

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

theCalamity posted:

He stopped right before the Heavens Arena arc. I hope he gets further by the time they do the next podcast like near the end of the Yorknew arc

I know I have poo poo taste but I very much enjoyed Heavens Arena a lot. Didn't really have any issues beyond 'boy they really don't seem to give Leorio a lot to do. Ever.'

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

RareAcumen posted:

I know I have poo poo taste but I very much enjoyed Heavens Arena a lot. Didn't really have any issues beyond 'boy they really don't seem to give Leorio a lot to do. Ever.'

Heavens arena is fabulous, the Hisoka fight is satisfying and the transitions into Hunting for your dream is always hype as gently caress

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I don’t get the hate on the Heavens Arena arc. It provides the foundation for nen and it has the awesome Hisoka fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Heavens Arena is good, it's just that it suffers from Jojo Part 2 Syndrome where stuff that comes afterwards is more creative or better written so a lot of people downplay it. Also some anime fans break out in hives when they see a tournament arc come up. Isn't there some sort of topical cream for that?