Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have lifestyle disease "Chronic Whiteboy-Dry-Affectation Disorder"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mayor Dave posted:

I know it's such a small thing but it's bugging me that the president is making voter registration partisan instead of framing it as Civic duty

its not a small thing

its a fascist thing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

:hai:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

louisiana already does quite a bit of environmental research because they actually recognized the threat of their rapidly eroding coastline over two decades ago

Yeah but they refuse to let cartographers redraw the official map of the state to remove the hundreds of square miles that have already sunk into the gulf of Mexico lmao

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

how do I get beer delivered to my house?

I’m in Washington state tia

call a small local pizza place, tell the person on the phone you'll give a $20 tip if they pick up a sixer of rainer on the way

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

tenderjerk posted:

wonder how would turbm handle his daughter getting laughed at at the UN

this is john bolton's plan to finally get the US to withdraw from the UN and tear down their headquarters

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/9mq0sk

Dead Beef posted:

it's literally too late for solutions to climate change, solutions require energy (and motivation, which we don't have) and at this point no amount of "solving" climate change is going to offset the energy put into the solution combined with the damage already done

we're like a guy with uncontrolled diabetes about to lose their foot to necrosis and we're asking the doctor "but what can I do to prevent this?"

it's already done. get used to living with 1 foot

what would you say is the best way to be dead

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

in other welsh news, the new joy formidable album is very good

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the red circle is D+13

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mayor Dave posted:

Yeah but they refuse to let cartographers redraw the official map of the state to remove the hundreds of square miles that have already sunk into the gulf of Mexico lmao

It would gently caress up their stupid foot-shaped state brand

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

call a small local pizza place, tell the person on the phone you'll give a $20 tip if they pick up a sixer of rainer on the way

that’s my problem. I could get beer from the pizza place on the corner but it’s 10 am and nothing is open.

this sucks.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

40s

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

*600 twitter replies of sassy reaction gifs*

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
As a scientist/engineer that works every day with improving climate:

Lmao.

Dutch government already has stricter goals for co2 reduction than the UN article says. It's not as bad as some people are posting in this thread.

However, governments should come in to action. And with a huge amount of people in the US thinking that it's all bollocks and countries like India not giving a gently caress. Yes that's a real issue.

But let's not pretend that the tech or wealth isn't there, it's just politics.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Wynona Dryder posted:

epic high five should make a c-spam health and fitness thread

im completely serious

:same:

I've spent the past couple days indulging drugs and vices and now I'm ready to lift heavy things and put them back down

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Bip Roberts posted:

I've been swimming a lot lately and goddamn my hair is hosed up these days

oh no

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/williamarruda/status/1049698741492600832

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

It's me, getting triggered by climate chat being too extreme.

I need to reevaluate my life

Edit: and it's mah job

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

SKULL.GIF posted:

drastic changes have to happen within five to ten years, or else by 2040 almost the entire planet is going to be uninhabitable, barring some extremely unpredictable event like a collapse into stability (there's a specific term for this but I forget it) or geoengineering actually working

and by "drastic" they mean like a total abandonment of fossil fuels, that level of drastic

I do honestly think those drastic changes are coming in the next few years, but right now its an open question whether it leads to outright fascist dictatorship or a fighting chance

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
it’s raining in October in Seattle

climate seems p normal 2 me

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Jeb!

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

i wasn't aware your country was still above sea level frankly

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

SKULL.GIF posted:

the red circle is D+13

drat that needle is blurry as poo poo

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WoodrowSkillson posted:

This is not what the report says at all

from skimming a single article it's more like by 2040 all of the coral reefs will be dead and we're going to see tens of millions of climate refugees trying to escape the encroaching ocean, more extreme weather events, more desertification, etc. poo poo will be very bad either way

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

how do I get beer delivered to my house?

I’m in Washington state tia
https://www.instacart.com/

using the internet to have someone drive alcohol to my house is ecologically terrible but how else am I supposed to live

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
within 22 years climate change will be the leading cause of lib triggering

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Quotey posted:

i wasn't aware your country was still above sea level frankly

It never was, only the weak live above it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
all i wanna do
is drink and screw

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

here's the dutchman, come bearing polders and windmills to solve the climate crisis

what a quaint grift

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
hows china on climate, they need to secure the existence of their people and a future for han children after all

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

SKULL.GIF posted:

the red circle is D+13

this is disgusting sure but nothing we've never seen before, did they really have to pixelate it

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Quotey posted:

here's the dutchman, come bearing polders and windmills to solve the climate crisis

what a quaint grift

Gimme some guldens and I'll own the sea for u

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bring back the election needle

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
the world will be wasteland in the next two decades therefore i am training my family in the ways of the fremen to survive in the open desert indefinitley

i have begun teh manufacture process of my own stil-suit which is just a camelbak that i piss into but we have time to perfect it

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Nikki Haley sucks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Martin BadClixx posted:

As a scientist/engineer that works every day with improving climate:

Lmao.

Dutch government already has stricter goals for co2 reduction than the UN article says. It's not as bad as some people are posting in this thread.

However, governments should come in to action. And with a huge amount of people in the US thinking that it's all bollocks and countries like India not giving a gently caress. Yes that's a real issue.

But let's not pretend that the tech or wealth isn't there, it's just politics.

we're going to need a lot more fingers

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

shovelbum posted:

hows china on climate, they need to secure the existence of their people and a future for han children after all

Actively participating but not leader of the pack

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

shovelbum posted:

is china big on kylo ren???

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

thanks friendo

e: ugh 2-3 day delivery for Washington. gently caress that lll just shuffle in absolute pain to the store.

sorry :(

in some places it's 1 hour delivery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

using linkedin has led me to some pretty cool dates

• Locked thread