Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhopunzel posted:

I still don’t know what I should be doing with the plex and extractors I got from this so they’re just sitting there

Sell them and invest the ISK in market poo poo

someone had a post about it upthread and it was v good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Sell them and invest the ISK in market poo poo

someone had a post about it upthread and it was v good

Is there a recommended way to sell them or do I just hock them on the ingame market

...is trading in injectors as worthwhile as it looks or is it a false economy

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Rhopunzel posted:

Is there a recommended way to sell them or do I just hock them on the ingame market

...is trading in injectors as worthwhile as it looks or is it a false economy

Redeem the pack on your Jita alt for each account. Character trade the MCTC, Extractors, and PLEX in Jita IV - IV (or preferred market citadel) to one of your Jita alts with market skills. Sell the stuff to buy orders or put it up on sell orders and prepare to 0.01 until it sells.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Trading in injectors buy buying low on buy orders and flipping to sell orders is a way to make money, but (a) a lot of the profit is lost in fees; and (b) your orders will constantly be topped by people with market bots and you'll probably make less isk for the amount of effort you're putting in than most other ways to make isk.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

kung fu jive posted:

Redeem the pack on your Jita alt for each account. Character trade the MCTC, Extractors, and PLEX in Jita IV - IV (or preferred market citadel) to one of your Jita alts with market skills. Sell the stuff to buy orders or put it up on sell orders and prepare to 0.01 until it sells.

I don't have an alt in Jita and I'm not sure which I redeemed the PLEX to if at all yet. I have my main sitting in 1DQ with most of my assets, it says I have 500 PLEX in my plex vault, and MCTCs in my redeemable items.

I have two old alts (that aren't in goonfleet yet) sitting in highsec though, one has a lot of SP that's almost all put into gunnery and engineering, but has 800k free SP, and another that's basically a total newbie from when I'd very first started the game. What should I do? Sorry if I'm being oblivious, it's all just a lot to take in

evilweasel posted:

Trading in injectors buy buying low on buy orders and flipping to sell orders is a way to make money, but (a) a lot of the profit is lost in fees; and (b) your orders will constantly be topped by people with market bots and you'll probably make less isk for the amount of effort you're putting in than most other ways to make isk.

Thanks, I figured there must have been some catch to it. I'll just stick to trying to find my niche in what sells in 1DQ for now

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhopunzel posted:

I have two old alts (that aren't in goonfleet yet) sitting in highsec though, one has a lot of SP that's almost all put into gunnery and engineering, but has 800k free SP, and another that's basically a total newbie from when I'd very first started the game. What should I do? Sorry if I'm being oblivious, it's all just a lot to take in

Oh, if you wanted to use your Skill Extractors on that alt and sell his valuable brain goo instead of selling the extractors straight that would be a good idea too. And net you a lot of extra isk!

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Rutibex posted:

Oh, if you wanted to use your Skill Extractors on that alt and sell his valuable brain goo instead of selling the extractors straight that would be a good idea too. And net you a lot of extra isk!

my mistake, I thought the deal came with injectors but I was confusing them with the multiple training certificates

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
I really didnt want to uproot my mining alts from gsf but mean ol mittns wont unban me. I even asked him in local, its The MittaniL right?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

MaxPowers posted:

I really didnt want to uproot my mining alts from gsf but mean ol mittns wont unban me. I even asked him in local, its The MittaniL right?

:same:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
How so many of you got banned from an organization that lets it's corps actively recruit from jita local is beyond me :shrug:

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Dalael posted:

How so many of you got banned from an organization that lets it's corps actively recruit from jita local is beyond me :shrug:

"I'm a real goon, rules don't apply to me."

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dalael posted:

We don’t recruit from GBS though? :confused:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Do not spend your money on space drugs! I will teach you how to be rich, you can get started with a little bit of money but the more you have the better. It grows exponentially, the more you have the better the opportunities you can take advantage of. Here is how you can get started:

This Dark Blood Thermal Hardener is selling for 7m, but you can buy one for 3.5m. Each time you get a hit on this you will make about 3m profit (after taxes). Thats not much, but it is basically free money and amounts to about 6 clicks worth of effort and a bit of patience. But how likely are you to actually get someone to sell you this? That is why you must look at the "Price History" screen. Notice that pretty much every day 10+ of this module are sold, and at least once a day someone dumps it for the Buy price. This means people have been making money trading this thing for the last 30 days, and you will too!

Why do I need lots of isk? That Dark Blood Thermal Hardener module is only worth a few million! Well, you won't make much money trading only one module! Like the Small Plasma Smartbomb II example above, there are many more solid things for someone with a small bank account to invest in. People are selling these for 150k, thats basically free! You are going to want to max out your orders, hit as many profitable modules as you can. The more buy orders you have on the market at once (in different commodities) the more money you make!

The market for stuff scales into the billions! There are many ships and modules that cost this much or more. You will not be able to invest in 20+ things that all cost 1b each if you only have a few billion in the bank :capitalism: There are traps though, this ship for example. Looks quite juicy, buys for 570m sell for 1.75b, that's a healthy profit! But look at the price history, no one has sold a Kronos at that price ever. You would be wasting your time.

But there is easy money to be had. Take a look at these ice harvesting "excavator" drones. Buy for 930m, and sell for 1.28b. That is a healthy profit, especially when you concider that someone selling "excavator" drones is often selling a play set of 5. If you have an extra 5b sitting around to leave on the market you can net a 1b isk profit for 6-10 clicks worth of effort, but you need the money to do it!

This has been a public service announcement. Please do not buy skill injectors or PLEX!

I’m quoting this again so I can find it again

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Dalael posted:

Sion made up some poo poo because I posted a picture of a comedic, tear filled post gicer made in a private forum because he was mad i sunk his fishing boat in another game

so that made me a spy or something

:iiam:

//edit

I found it:

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

Xae posted:

"I'm a real goon, rules don't apply to me."

join whole squid

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’m quoting this again so I can find it again

I will teach you the path to untold wealth, Buy Low, Sell High. Don't relist essential war supplies (unless it is with an alt :eng101:)

Follow the one true path to alloyed tritanium bar wealth

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Yesterday Tusy pinged for everyone to donate to Hypnotoad, the guy who runs the safe cyno's on all the keepstars. Apparently he woke up to about 170b.
Now that's fundraising done right.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kimsemus posted:

Sion made up some poo poo because I posted a picture of a comedic, tear filled post gicer made in a private forum because he was mad i sunk his fishing boat in another game

so that made me a spy or something

:iiam:

//edit

I found it:

i once considered digging up what the actual story here was but the thing is the years-long bitter ex thing from someone who was originally in NC. is so loving bizarre that im pretty sure even if it was entirely boat getting you kicked out (and lol at that idea) it woulda been a broken clock sort of thing

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

evilweasel posted:

i once considered digging up what the actual story here was but the thing is the years-long bitter ex thing from someone who was originally in NC. is so loving bizarre that im pretty sure even if it was entirely boat getting you kicked out (and lol at that idea) it woulda been a broken clock sort of thing

it is all kind of stupid and not relevant looking back on it, esp considering i haven't been in nc. for almost 4 years.

i guess the thing that compels me to say things about it is i still want to play with gsf and felt that what happened was a really stupid reason to blacklist someone but hey, outside my pay grade.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Kimsemus posted:

it is all kind of stupid and not relevant looking back on it, esp considering i haven't been in nc. for almost 4 years.

i guess the thing that compels me to say things about it is i still want to play with gsf and felt that what happened was a really stupid reason to blacklist someone but hey, outside my pay grade.

that's what a spy would say

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

At this point you're blacklisted because it's funny.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

evilweasel posted:

the aa story or the eve story

aa is gicer and boat wanted Fishing Pacts with pubs and kim and friends wanted to pvp so they did that in the pvp/pve game and it infuriated gicer

eve is sion made some weird rear end claims about kim leaking things (from another game) but wouldn't give up nc chat logs or some poo poo therefore he was a traitor

its the dumbest poo poo ever and

orange juche posted:

At this point you're blacklisted because it's funny.

is as likely as anything else

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

only dude who can remove blacklist entries is mittani anyways

so complaining about it itt doesn't do anything

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So I just had an idea - feel free to poo poo all over it: Black Ops Capitals

No, not supercaps that cloak for reasons other than safespotting, but rather slick-fit slightly-debuffed carriers, dreadnoughts, and FAX that can use a capital-sized black-ops cloak. Give the dreads reduced damage, but augment it with a phenomena-style 'debuff' for enemy ships on grid (which should scale in intensity with the size of the fleet), and give the carriers less fighters to play with.

But what I'd really like is the idea that these ships should be able to jump without a cyno beacon on the other side. It shouldn't be as precise as using a cyno, but the FC of the fleet these things are in should be able to aim at a constellation in the region they're targeting, and depending on the amount of ships in the fleet, the jump should be more accurate to a given system, to simulate being able to network the ships' navigational computers together for a more accurate blind jump. If you wanted to make it more 'black ops-ey,' make it so a scout needs to place a navigational beacon in the target system that will self-destruct after a given period, but will also show up on scan if you're dumb enough to drop one too close to a heavily-trafficked spot.

Obviously the targets for these things would be anomaly runners and poorly-defended moon mining POSes.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 9, 2018

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Speaking of covert ops, is exploration good nowadays? Are frigates still the way to go or do the cruisers own at it too?

Those new sisters ships look really fun to putt around the galaxy in :3:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Speaking of covert ops, is exploration good nowadays? Are frigates still the way to go or do the cruisers own at it too?

Those new sisters ships look really fun to putt around the galaxy in :3:

Stratios/Astero is a go-to for exploration, especially in wormhole space, but that isn't to say you can't make 100mil or more with a little luck in a lowsec site. With decent probing skills and a decent ship for analyzing relics, you're in good shape usually.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

pbuh

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Well he posted itt like two years ago so he's around, maybe

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Kim send me 10 billion is and I'll have a chat with mittens for you

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Bilirubin posted:

Kim send me 10 billion is and I'll have a chat with mittens for you

:thunk:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i don't know where this started but it is so dumb

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I will personally raise the issue with TheMittani for you on social media with a direct message. Getting blacklisted is pretty pro though, gotta say.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
thanks

had I known I would have picked a better game to get blacklisted over

but as a bonus boat also got be kicked from the goon star citizen group which compelled me to refund right before they cut them off, so I sorta owe him one for that :v:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i don't know where this started but it is so dumb

thanks for describing the entire game

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

is boat still a goon

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

but as a bonus boat also got be kicked from the goon star citizen group

What? You mean Goonrathi? I didn't even know people were actually playing that piece of coded garbage of pre-hosed-up-alpha.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
goons made some art and sigs on the website and called themselves goonrathi on the forums (which is what star citizen still is, forums and a store front), but then there was drama and space court because kim got removed from it due to offending carebears in another video game, it was very funny.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

the goon star citizen group

:eyepop:

does that thing even have a release date yet

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Hexel posted:

:eyepop:

does that thing even have a release date yet

Approximately the 20th of Never. But they're having their big CitizenCon (for various values of 'con') tomorrow, so the likelihood of hilarity is pretty high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Dalael posted:

you'd be surprised, mittens is afraid of the cult of personality types probably for good reason