Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
You're probably better off with eBay or Bartertown.

Fyrbrand fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Lmao 14" devastation gun on the mammoth

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Honestly, all I care about at this point is the Mammoth and the Bronzeback getting through CID as they currently are.

I can take or leave all the other changes that may or may not be overpowered, but give me my giant elephants being awesome please.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Straight devastation is rude as gently caress in a faction with Guidance but I guess its fine since its only aoe 3.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Okay so I'm actually reading the CID now instead of just what my local group was talking about and what the poo poo?

The Aradus Sentinel is a spray 10 POW 14 gun bug for 14 points with gun fighter?

Like is no one else super geeked out about that? I know RAT might be a problem against certain types of infantry, but still I am a sucker for sprays.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

waah posted:

Okay so I'm actually reading the CID now instead of just what my local group was talking about and what the poo poo?

The Aradus Sentinel is a spray 10 POW 14 gun bug for 14 points with gun fighter?

Like is no one else super geeked out about that? I know RAT might be a problem against certain types of infantry, but still I am a sucker for sprays.

I'm actually a little concerned about the assassination potential with Xerxis2. Like, bring a gladiator and you have SPD 7 bugs with SP 10 POW 14 Poison sprays with S&P. That'll kill quite a few casters super dead.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Fyrbrand posted:

You�re probably better off with eBay or Bartertown.

Ty

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

CaptCommy posted:

I'm actually a little concerned about the assassination potential with Xerxis2. Like, bring a gladiator and you have SPD 7 bugs with SP 10 POW 14 Poison sprays with S&P. That'll kill quite a few casters super dead.

It's the same speed as an unbuffed Road Hog - and those things haven't been dominant, with the only big difference being poison (never mind their speed with Dr. Arkadius). We also have SPD 6 SP 10 POW 14 Warp Wolves with Wraithbane and Ghosty. Yes, it needs testing - but it's not overwhelmingly different from anything we've seen before.

Week 2 of the CID is much more interesting than Week 1 (which was utterly meh). I love the new Abidan. And The Exalted just got some hitting power with Stone's Fury on fully charged POW 14 Ancestral Guardians.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I've had a nearly finished unit of bears on my desk for two months, and haven't played a game in 3 months. :feelsgood:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

CaptCommy posted:

It will, but I think you're gonna need to be more worried about those bugs getting loose in a Rasheth Winds of Death theme or a Morg2 list where something can both make the spray more powerful and fix the RAT of the gunbug.

I will say we should be really glad that PP has been very careful with the wording on feats and abilities lately, cause man an Exalted them where gunbugs could spray 10 with death rattle or use a 10" spray with defensive strike on Zaadesh 2 would be hilariously broken.

Or even I wish I had time to try to make a Xekaar/Chiron exalted list work with the new gun bugs.

Edit: If nothing else, the Exalted CID is making me so glad I never gave in and bought that 3rd unit of immortals.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

neonchameleon posted:

It's the same speed as an unbuffed Road Hog - and those things haven't been dominant, with the only big difference being poison (never mind their speed with Dr. Arkadius). We also have SPD 6 SP 10 POW 14 Warp Wolves with Wraithbane and Ghosty. Yes, it needs testing - but it's not overwhelmingly different from anything we've seen before.

Week 2 of the CID is much more interesting than Week 1 (which was utterly meh). I love the new Abidan. And The Exalted just got some hitting power with Stone's Fury on fully charged POW 14 Ancestral Guardians.

None of those can do 4-die damage though. The Poison is really what makes me think about the bugs as a more serious threat than any of these other examples. I'm not even saying it's too good (yet), but it's definitely something new.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Infinite Abidan. Oh my yes.

And holy loving poo poo the mammoth is ... good???

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Skorne....

Looks good?

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

CaptCommy posted:

None of those can do 4-die damage though. The Poison is really what makes me think about the bugs as a more serious threat than any of these other examples. I'm not even saying it's too good (yet), but it's definitely something new.

It's nastier - but it's harder to pull off as gunfighter doesn't allow failed charge and spray unlike assault. And assassinations that require multiple heavies to get within 10" follow the age-old rule "You come at the king? You best not miss".

It's certainly worth investigating, but some of the reactions indicate that the sky is falling. My feeling is that X2 Sentinels is going to end up as an interesting variant of X2 Drakes, better into shooting but worse into infantry spam and even melee warjacks.

S.J. posted:

And holy loving poo poo the mammoth is ... good???

It lost assault, and I suspect that's a pretty big deal as it doesn't have dual attack.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
One less attack in melee is hardly a big deal for a fury 5

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

neonchameleon posted:

It lost assault, and I suspect that's a pretty big deal as it doesn't have dual attack.

Going to Rng 14 softens that blow considerably. It loses the single shot on a charge but honestly what is surviving a Mammoth charge anyways? It's a huge upgrade I think, although I'd like to see the devastation shot go to AoE 4. I think the buffs are fine as I feel gargs (and most colossals) are underpowered in general. They are a bit of a difficult model category to balance however, as the main problem is the "all the eggs in one basket" phenomena but if you buff their defenses they can easily roll over into "literally unkillable for a majority of lists" and that's even worse. That's why I think buffs to ranged output is the best solution for them and I'm happy to see that for both the Mammoth and the Hydra.

S.J. posted:

Infinite Abidan. Oh my yes.

I love it thematically but I'm sad to see Bodyguard go, I was looking forward to really bullying with Mak3 and Xerxis2. They'll still be able to in certain matchups but that 2 Def really pushed them into that top echelon of hard to kill.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 9, 2018

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Is there a MonPoc thread? I didn't see one but that doesn't mean it's not there.

I played a game with both starter sets. It definitely should be played with more than just that. I think it'll be a lot of fun with more than one monster and five units for sure. Need to get more stuff!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

FrostyPox posted:

Is there a MonPoc thread? I didn't see one but that doesn't mean it's not there.

I played a game with both starter sets. It definitely should be played with more than just that. I think it'll be a lot of fun with more than one monster and five units for sure. Need to get more stuff!

Standard game is 2 monsters and 20 units. One monster games are supposed to be 15 units. I'm gonna try and get MonPoc added to the second post of the thread this week!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Skorne....

Looks good?

Just got beaten by an Imperial Warhost Makeda 3 list. Was fun, tough but fair. Nothing seemed too over the edge.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

What was their list?

I'm modding mine to add gladi and Orin, since shields and hydra don't affect spells.

Vs Ragnor
I'm def 17 and can't be knocked down!
Ok, hex blast
Oh... I'm def 15 now
Shockwave
and now I'm knocked down

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I'm really liking the look of the changes because they all seem strong but not undercosted so far, and give excuses for more list variety. I wanna see a Rasheth list with a Mammoth.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Alpha Phoenix posted:

What was their list?

I'm modding mine to add gladi and Orin, since shields and hydra don't affect spells.

Vs Ragnor
I'm def 17 and can't be knocked down!
Ok, hex blast
Oh... I'm def 15 now
Shockwave
and now I'm knocked down

Well I just found out he was over on his points because “I don’t need a calculator! I got this” and me being too tired to care added up to me getting my poo poo pushed in.

I knew I should have checked it. Ah well.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Well I just found out he was over on his points because �I don�t need a calculator! I got this� and me being too tired to care added up to me getting my poo poo pushed in.

I knew I should have checked it. Ah well.

Was he using CID costs?

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

waah posted:

Was he using CID costs?

And Warhost can get +21 points pretty easily...

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Don’t know, I think he just did bad math. I went to go get the list for Alpha via conflict chamber and that’s when I ran in to the problem.

He ran:

Makeda 3 +24
-Reptile Hound 4
-Agonizer 0
-Agonizer 6
-Basilisk Krea 0
-Cyclops Brute 8
-Cyclops Brute 8
-Bronze Back 17
-Bronze Back 17
-Molok Karn 19
-Titan Gladiator 15
-Max Pain Givers 7
-Mortithergue 4

So he was 6 points over. A minor thing really but that can add up for the power curve. All he has to do is drop one Agonizer.

I was wondering why I was behind when my list was performing just fine.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Don’t know, I think he just did bad math. I went to go get the list for Alpha via conflict chamber and that’s when I ran in to the problem.

He ran:

Makeda 3 +24
-Reptile Hound 4
-Agonizer 0
-Agonizer 6
-Basilisk Krea 0
-Cyclops Brute 8
-Cyclops Brute 8
-Bronze Back 17
-Bronze Back 17
-Molok Karn 19
-Titan Gladiator 15
-Max Pain Givers 7
-Mortithergue 4

So he was 6 points over. A minor thing really but that can add up for the power curve. All he has to do is drop one Agonizer.

I was wondering why I was behind when my list was performing just fine.

I think a lot of different things are going on here. Bronzebacks are still 18 points outside of CID so that's one thing.

Putting that list into Warroom has it be 2 points over, and it'd be a legal list if he ran min pain givers.

But IWH is weird, in that if you just do the math and say oh, I have 90 points of beasts in my army, I can get 3 free kreas or agonizers, well no you can't if your initial calculations included the cost of those guys in there. So it's easy to make an honest mistake.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Worth thinking about adding a Supreme Guardian instead of Orin. Keeping one powered isn't hard. Only 11 points more - and you've got the souls of your warbeasts and paingivers to fuel that wrecking machine, and it covers much more with its arcane vortex, and it gives you a very threatening magic weapon.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

I kind of hate the timing because I have a con this weekend and want my sexy new rules.

zerofiend fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 11, 2018

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Gorefiend posted:

I kind of hate the timing because I have a con this weekend and want my sexy new rules.

Same. I want to run my heart eating forest barbarians but I have to wait like a sucker.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Hooray! They fixed the enigma foundry, which also might fix that theme force.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
What did they change?

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

"•Reconstruction - During your Maintenance Phase you may remove one soul token from this model to return one destroyed medium-based friendly Faction construct Grunt to play, or remove up to three soul tokens from this model to return one destroyed small-based friendly Faction construct Grunt to play for each token removed. Place each returned Grunt completely within 2˝ of this model, in formation, and within 3˝ of another model in its unit."

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
So it’s back to the better recursion mechanic? I wish they would unify or rework the entire rule already.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

They seem to be trying to stake out a middle position where you have to bring the model back in more or less base to base with the ressurector, but the resurectee still gets its full activation.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I still don't want to build all those loving infantry.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

I already have 20 obstructors an 10 recipricators an 4 foundries so I'm set

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I want to play that theme... with medium bases

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

S.J. posted:

I want to play that theme... with medium bases

I both played and fought against it. It is glorious and frustrating.

Just wait until CoC gets something that gives out tactician.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Its amazing. Lucant plus 10 Recips is god awful to bounce off of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I should also say that after a few games with lucant he is extremely boring to me. But that's playing the jack theme, so infantry might be more interesting.