Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Events typically start around 1pm EST right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I have like 140+ hours of just Moira and I still will never put more money into this game

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I bought loot boxes once, never again. However I will whore myself out for promotions for free lootboxes

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Ravenfood posted:

Events typically start around 1pm EST right?

I think it's 2pm EST usually but yeah somewhere around there.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

The Berzerker posted:

I think it's 2pm EST usually but yeah somewhere around there.

Event is up. NuTorb can also be played in the arcade if you want to mess around with his mechanics if not in QP.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

DM is terrible at the moment, with all these turrets going on.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any other skins not showed on the Twitter. I’m out right now so I can’t check.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Rirse posted:

Any other skins not showed on the Twitter. I�m out right now so I can�t check.

Sombra and Soldier both have skins, I think.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
God, Pharah feels great

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Bought Pumpkin Hammond, but almost got enough credits for another one (2550), wonder if I should get Ghost Armor Pharah or Banshee Moira.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ran into a bug where I couldn't move my hero after joining a game. I'd been opening a box when I joined and some of the ui was still on the screen in the spawn room

glad I was just grinding arcade boxes. if you're in comp, you'll probably time out before the game starts and it'll end itself before you can rejoin

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I've seen that when my wifi fucks up and the game doesn't figure out for a couple of seconds

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow there is a end to endless mode. Man my hands hurt from that. But jeez Brigite (whom they added to it this year) is so good in that mode.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

New pharah seems good, but I was surprised just how much better Orisa was.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

resistentialism posted:

New pharah seems good, but I was surprised just how much better Orisa was.

What are the new Pharah and Orisa changes? I was only aware of Torb's new hot sauce

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Unsinkabear posted:

What are the new Pharah and Orisa changes? I was only aware of Torb's new hot sauce

Pharah got a fire rate increase but in return she deals less splash and more direct damage. She'll still hit as hard on a direct, but with less splash. Overall damage output should be slightly higher if you can land direct hits, but decrease if you can't. Orisa got a narrowing of her spread so she's more accurate at range.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

she deals the same damage on a direct (120), they just changed where the damage was coming from

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

ran into a bug where I couldn't move my hero after joining a game. I'd been opening a box when I joined and some of the ui was still on the screen in the spawn room

glad I was just grinding arcade boxes. if you're in comp, you'll probably time out before the game starts and it'll end itself before you can rejoin

This happened to me except the game opened my UI over the game as it connected. I had to alt F4. Thankfully it was just FFA and I was already annoyed with the game. It was a great opportunity to turn it off.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
No Headlesss Horseman Orisa, no sale.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Surprised they didn't add Banshee Moira and Gillman Doomfist to the bosses in Junkenstein Revenge. At the same time I am glad as they would make it a pain to play in later stages.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Junkenstein's seems... much easier somehow. I just got two perfect games on Expert, and for one of them I was playing Tracer and I barely know the loving controls for her. New Torb is disgustingly good at it, you can throw the turret on Junk's little ledge and it just never stops firing ever

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Probably due to the additional of Brigitte who is really strong in that mode due to her jack of all trade role and other characters being buffed since last year like Hanzo and Torb.

I did like they added Sym force field into the mode, which is pretty nasty if it appears when the tires are rolling in. Think that another reason it easier is Sym no longer has the "tracks you and get super strong" beam, where it needs to line up with you now so she doesn't melt you.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Interesting that Blizz drew inspiration from Rainbow 6 Siege for Torbjorn's new E. Adrenaline Surge is different to say the least.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rirse posted:

Surprised they didn't add Banshee Moira and Gillman Doomfist to the bosses in Junkenstein Revenge. At the same time I am glad as they would make it a pain to play in later stages.

They could randomise the bosses that appear or something, but both of them seem tricky to implement as AI enemies.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The Brigittes I've seen so far are way too passive and ignore zombardiers completely, hoping Hanzo can magically kill them while they're juking and bouncing him all over the map.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

I mostly play her but she's getting slampicked like loving crazy for the holiday stuff (by people who apparently think she's a fragile backline flower) so I've been forced to pick Torb and splurt the gurt.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Unsinkabear posted:

I've been forced to pick Torb and splurt the gurt.

The official terminology is "spew the goo"

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I like the goo compared to death turret.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

My issue with New Torb is that he has no theme. None of his abilities combo together in any way, it feels like they had no clear idea of what he should be so they just threw stuff at him and saw what stuck. You know how procgen stuff feels? Like that.

He's definitely stronger and probably more fun to play than Old Torb, though.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

megane posted:

My issue with New Torb is that he has no theme. None of his abilities combo together in any way, it feels like they had no clear idea of what he should be so they just threw stuff at him and saw what stuck. You know how procgen stuff feels? Like that.

Eah it still has the main theme. dwarven kraftworks. he is the forge. (somehow) he is using his own molten lead for his ult. instead of channeling it into himself and his turret he is now just spewing it out.

as for his strengths/weakness changes

he is WAY more vulnerable...but he is way more valuable. he will still absolutely get to pepper the enemy with turret fire but now he's better when he's directly in the mix himself. torbs haven't seem to have adjusted to his gun though as all of my deaths to torbs still have only been from sentries.

only autoaim poo poo and people who are good at leading can hit me when I'm not going apeshit and just zooming everywhere.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
His new ult combines real nicely with zarya's

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

His new ult combines real nicely with zarya's

there is something of a caveat to that. the zarya has to know to shoot it on the floor now so they are directly in the lava.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

megane posted:

Agreed. It's completely random and I miss the utility of the armor mechanic, but I won't miss being on the receiving end of the old Molten Core, and the new turret is a wonderful improvement. I wish they had made the turret and goo ult changes, but left his armor E alone. Moving the old ult to E is boring by comparison and feels particularly weird, because they kept the insanely long windup/cast animation but the buff now has a much shorter duration. So instead of being something you pop for a teamfight, it feels like you're supposed to use it as a reaction to smaller opportunities. Except keeping the old windup makes it annoying to use that way, whatever moment you popped it to take advantage of is over by the time you can shoot. I had a really hard time using it effectively on bots/bosses in Junkenstein Endless; I can't imagine how it must feel to try and use on people.

I think it's another Mercy situation where they did it to preserve his brand, not for any mechanical value, and it's going to take another few passes on that ult-turned-E before it actually works. My problem with this is that unlike Mercy, I don't think Damage Boost Mode was Torb's thematic loving cornerstone.

This post got more heated than I intended, I think I really miss armor packs. :smith:

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 10, 2018

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

AkumaHokoru posted:

there is something of a caveat to that. the zarya has to know to shoot it on the floor now so they are directly in the lava.

I'm sure that people will get the timing down. It takes a few times for a couple to time their ults together

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

I'm sure that people will get the timing down. It takes a few times for a couple to time their ults together

oh I just mean not to have them floating too high above the lava I am not sure how high up the damage zone goes.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Waffleopolis posted:

It's Torbjorn's breast milk.

It's from the other thread but this should be the new thread title

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Feldegast42 posted:

AkumaHokoru posted:

oh I just mean not to have them floating too high above the lava I am not sure how high up the damage zone goes.

:iiasm:

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
Torb is better in just about everything except Ult, which is just too similar to Hammond's profoundly meh Ult. You only really miss ther armour if you're playing in a healing impaired bad team and can't do poo poo to help your teammates, because otherwise you can boost yourself out of tough spots with Overload. He's also a lot better at flanking and being agressive, you can surprise an enemy with your turret out of nowhere while overloading and they don't know whether to shoot the turret or the tiny Reaper that's suddenly decimating their backline.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

AkumaHokoru posted:

Eah it still has the main theme. dwarven kraftworks. he is the forge. (somehow) he is using his own molten lead for his ult. instead of channeling it into himself and his turret he is now just spewing it out.

That's fine, but I meant a mechanical theme, rather than a flavor one. Like, if you look at Widowmaker, for example, she has a sniper rifle (for sniping, but bad up close), a grapple (so she can get up high to snipe and escape when people get close), her mine (which lets her know when people are getting close, and reveals them so she can snipe them), and the wall ult (which does the same thing as the mine, but moreso). All of her poo poo works together.

Not every character is quite that tightly focused, but usually there's at least some sort of combo or synergy. New Torb is just Four Abilities We Drew Out Of A Hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Brigitte is a lot of fun in Junkensteins. You can almost solo it on normal difficulty although Junkrat is a bit of a problem.