Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
And to think, even Borderlands 2's vanilla drop rates are a massive improvement over the droprates in the first Borderlands!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

To be fair, we haven't met Torgue in game yet and it sounds like they don't know any characters beyond these videos. Torgue is a scholar and a gentleman though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CuwiKhons posted:

To be fair, we haven't met Torgue in game yet and it sounds like they don't know any characters beyond these videos. Torgue is a scholar and a gentleman though.

have

uh

are you watching the same videos im watching

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

have

uh

are you watching the same videos im watching

Yes??? Have we met Torgue? I'm like 90% sure Torgue hasn't shown up in BL2 yet and doesn't until that particular DLC but maybe I'm having a brain fart.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Sordas Volantyr posted:

And to think, even Borderlands 2's vanilla drop rates are a massive improvement over the droprates in the first Borderlands!

I thought the drop rates in Borderlands 1 were perfect. Legendaries could be farmed reasonably if you needed them. I didn't have to kill 10,000 psychos just for a chance to find one because I could find one in 5 chests or even from a vendor. It was more in-line with Diablo 3's drop rates or many other ARPGs I've played. Borderlands 2's vanilla drop rates are just plain cruel!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

all i remember about BL1 drop rates is loading up new haven, running around collecting the weird amount of red chests, and then restarting the game to try again

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kaubocks posted:

all i remember about BL1 drop rates is loading up new haven, running around collecting the weird amount of red chests, and then restarting the game to try again

They eventually patched that out and that's when I stopped playing BL1.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Haha I hear 'red chests' and I get PSO flashbacks (even though they were boxes technically).

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I always just went and fought General Knoxx and looted his fortress without triggering the timer, since it was incredibly easy to not trigger the timer.

Then again this was the game where some guns would roll so well, they wouldn't show up as Legendary and would instead be White's (leading to Pearlescent guns being added in the later DLC's) so Gearbox was showing their coding prowess early.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

CuwiKhons posted:

That would be a correct assumption. Looking forward to meeting this Torgue person.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Night10194 posted:

In the end of BL1, I would farm the basement in the Robot Revolution DLC and Crawmerax in the General Knox DLC. Before that, I didn't really farm much because I was getting decent drops. I may have run Old Haven a few times to get a properly leveled Defiler (that gun was my "I win" button pretty much). Otherwise, in regular play, you would see some legendaries and they were good enough to take you through the rest of the game.

I think Pitchford was trying to turn Borderlands into an MMO at the time Borderlands 2 came out. The drop rates and the ridiculous scaling of enemy health and damage became more attune to group raids. If it wasn't for gear levels that could not be changed without cheating, the drop rates seem more meant for people to trade in-game. The problem is I don't play Borderlands 2 in parties and don't want to all the time.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Night10194 posted:

what the gently caress

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kaubocks posted:

what the gently caress

They specifically replaced them all with the lovely poo poo chests that mostly only give whites, to spit in your face.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i hope y'all like lynchwood because uhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Episode #17: An Hour of Lynchwood

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Since you didn't explain Kreigs suddenly speaking in a different voice, I will!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHtiPxzlauA

Most psychos are apparently born, not made (by torturing pregnant mothers.) but Kreig was somehow a normal guy turned into a psycho. Now his "normal" personality is reduced to yelling at his "psycho" personality is actually driving around his body and randomly murdering people.

It is quite horrifying when you think about it.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Krieg's normal personality is what keeps him from being a plain ol' Hamlet-quoting psycho, one of Sane Krieg's lines is along the lines of "You hurt an innocent and I will end us." He's my favorite BL2 hero as a character, but only my third favorite to play, behind Gaige and Maya.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Klaus88 posted:

Since you didn't explain Kreigs suddenly speaking in a different voice, I will!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHtiPxzlauA

Most psychos are apparently born, not made (by torturing pregnant mothers.) but Kreig was somehow a normal guy turned into a psycho. Now his "normal" personality is reduced to yelling at his "psycho" personality is actually driving around his body and randomly murdering people.

It is quite horrifying when you think about it.

scuze but what
arent they just people who went nuts from being on pandora

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

scuze but what
arent they just people who went nuts from being on pandora

It's somewhere in an pdf/instruction booklet somewhere which also gives what year it is and other stuff that doesn't matter and quite frankly just ignore it because it's dumb as hell.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

the only alert you need today is that there's a new video today! we go to one of her favorite areas and explicitly don't look at exploding helicopters. it goes poorly.

Episode #18 - Badasses Don't Look at Explosions

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Blight feels like filler in every way, like they had everything in the area built, scripted, voiced, and ready to go, didn't know where they could put it in the game, but didn't want to get rid of it because content. Jack is even still in his "wacky villain" mode despite being after the bunker.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Aw, the Bane is gone.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

:spooky::spooky::spooky: SPOOKY ALERT :spooky::spooky::spooky:
:spooky::spooky::spooky: SPOOKY ALERT :spooky::spooky::spooky:

IT'S OCTOBER

IT'S HALLOWEEN TIME BITCHES

Episode #19: Skeleton Keys

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
The whole thing at the beginning where there's an earthquake and a single ladder falls over and it completely stops your progress so Mordecai has to come up with a plan B was when I got legitimately angry the first time I went through the game. It's a ladder Mordecai we can fix it

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

So the last DLC you're so excited for is Claptrap's Robot Revolution, right?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hey friends! i was so absorbed in Sarge Club this weekend that i totally forgot to post a Borderlands video yesterday! that's fine, we'll just briefly revert to a two episode week.

in today's video we take a peek at the game from how panzer sees it!

Episode #20: A Different Perspective

Veloxyll posted:

So the last DLC you're so excited for is Claptrap's Robot Revolution, right?

no

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I usually cheese Saturn using the shed off the side. If you stand in one of the corners, his missiles and photon cannon can't hit you. He has 4 turrets on his arms and legs which you can second wind off of.

After you beat the game, can you do a UVHM run at lvl 75? It just sucks the fun out of the game for me and I'm just not that good at it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

in this episode panzer and i beat the game! there is definitely no more content in borderlands 2 to show off. this is the last of it

Episode #21: Lava's Rising

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

in this episode panzer and i beat the game! there is definitely no more content in borderlands 2 to show off. this is the last of it

Episode #21: Lava's Rising

Let me tell you, Jack's and Lilith's dialogue in the final fight is super fun and not incredibly, annoyingly repetitive at all when you aren't using Gaige and Kreig with cheat-engined weapons. I very much loved Lilith repeatedly warning me that the lava was rising and hearing Jack berate the warrior every time I shot it in the the chest was funny every time.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

How did I ever enjoy this trash game.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

I’m a little sad we made these videos to show off a lovely game we love but it’s really just throwing a huge spotlight onto all the worst parts lmao

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Panzer Skank posted:

I’m a little sad we made these videos to show off a lovely game we love but it’s really just throwing a huge spotlight onto all the worst parts lmao

Hey now - Because of cheat engine, it's not shyowing off the terrible loot drop rates.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Panzer Skank posted:

Don’t mind me, I love the hell out of BL2 too and watching the two best characters quasi-cheat through it is good fun. At least 50% of that enjoyment is unironic even in its un-cheated form. I was buying DLC on day 1 like an idiot and loving every second. But wooooooooow the combat barks during the the warrior fight.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Kibayasu posted:

Don’t mind me, I love the hell out of BL2 too and watching the two best characters quasi-cheat through it is good fun. At least 50% of that enjoyment is unironic even in its un-cheated form. I was buying DLC on day 1 like an idiot and loving every second. But wooooooooow the combat barks during the the warrior fight.

No way you're totally not wrong though!! It's obnoxious!!!! I'm just baffled that even showing the game as good as we can there's still egregious trash like this!!

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
My years-old memory of the 4 main DLCs is that on normal difficulty, the first two will scale to and cap at level 30, while the last two will scale and cap at 35.

What I’m trying to say is, you can totally get some catch-up levels in Hammerlock’s Big Gameahahahahaha I can’t even finish that sentence while keeping a straight face. Or alternatively just be slightly overleveled and goof around with EXPLOSIONS.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mr. Torgue is a treasure on par with Brick despite my now thinking this game is mostly trash.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Mr. Torgue is a treasure on par with Brick despite my now thinking this game is mostly trash.

Having very, very recently replayed through all the main, big DLC's, Mr. Torgue and Assault on Dragon Keep were the only one's where I actually laughed at some of the dialogue. Mr. Torgue is genuinely the best written character in the entire drat series.

Also, Kaubocks and Panzer, how far are you leveling your characters up in this game? Because going to the end-end-end-endgame difficulty is probably going to make for some terrible footage unless you really amp up the cheating, even with the community patch.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Torque's DLC is fun to listen to but abysmal to play alone. Hell, the DLCs are where the game expects you to always be running with a full party. :smith:

Borderlands 2 was the first and last time I bought a season pass with a game on day one.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

bad news: i lied, there's more borderlands 2
good news: i have become all powerful

Episode #22: Bringer of Death

The Jumpoff posted:

Also, Kaubocks and Panzer, how far are you leveling your characters up in this game? Because going to the end-end-end-endgame difficulty is probably going to make for some terrible footage unless you really amp up the cheating, even with the community patch.

hmm. we're definitely running through all the holiday and major 4 DLCs. i don't think panzer has digistruct peak though. i may do a bonus stream where i cheat myself up a character i used to have before i lost all my save data and show that off? hadn't thought of this until now

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Now that we've seen the Seraph guardian I feel it appropriate to ask:

Are you and Panzer going to be doing any of the raid bosses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
If you ask a question in your videos, I'll try and answer them. The cursed pirates gimmick is that they leech your life to restore their own. I can't remember what the best way was to take them out.