Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I like that anime iospace AV is back.

Also have we considered where to watch yet? I propose we watch FTRs stream for those without rsi accounts or faith that CIG can host their own stream without crashing the site for half the viewers.

E: not the taxxe you want, but the one you deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Combat Theory posted:

Also have we considered where to watch yet? I propose we watch FTRs stream for those without rsi accounts or faith that CIG can host their own stream without crashing the site for half the viewers.

It never went away.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
What time is the main... event? (keynote?)

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Two weeks

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I am not sure if I can watch like 6 hours of SC nonsense. I may have wait for the condensed feel with just the best bits.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The fact that someone mentioned an entire office getting excited for the citizencon stream because they wanna see the trainwreck is amazing.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I really hope someone gives us a play by play on the forums, as I will be busy and will only have time to check my phone now and again.

Also funny gifs of the big gently caress ups as they occur would be greatly appreciated.

And let's be honest there will be PLENTY of gently caress ups

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Combat Theory posted:

:same:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

iospace posted:

Ed Balls

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

What time is the main... event? (keynote?)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Gotta do it in the middle of the week so less people see it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Also what kind of hosed up company looks at

And goes "Yup, no such thing as bad publicity!"

:f5:

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I usually miss these things live, so I took a vacation day tomorrow.

I expect good things.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Do the world a favor and record it on your pc

Then re-upload it after CIG starts editing down their content because its poo poo

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Could someone double check me here? Go to:

http://facewaretech.com/blog/

See how many times they mention CIG/Star Citizen.

Once

And when they mention it:

14 months ago

I'm still having serious trouble believing that twitter.com/facewaretech is real, but it seems to be.

It's some super weird poo poo.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Reddit User is really keeping his positivity up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah someone needs to make sure to record this poo poo because we all know they will edit it down and make it look half rear end decent.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

And also the feature CIG appears to be pushing for Citizencon is something made by an outside company, years ago.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Oh hey i actually have some anime to post for once :toot:

https://i.imgur.com/WzpJpZc.mp4

Unlimited Groove Works

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
faceware was an inside job

foip cant melt ships

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

And also the feature CIG appears to be pushing for Citizencon is something made by an outside company, years ago.

Yes, it’s a ballsy move.

Hav fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 10, 2018

XK
Jul 9, 2001

XK posted:

And they already introduced and demonstrated it at last year's Citizencon.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

nawledgelambo posted:

faceware was an inside job

foip cant melt ships

https://twitter.com/FacewareTech/status/1049806759970435072

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Citizencon 2018 is a rerun?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

It's not a verified account. I'm assuming this is somehow one of you. It has to be.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

XK posted:

It's not a verified account. I'm assuming this is somehow one of you. It has to be.

It may be CIGs PR guy, trying to get some organic buzz going on the information superhighway.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I don't believe any news on Star Citizen unless it comes from pixelemonade.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

It may be CIGs PR guy, trying to get some organic buzz going on the information superhighway.

He should slap a kitten on it.

Then it’ll have viral juice.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

XK posted:

It's linked from Faceware's page, I suppose one of us could be their webmaster and/or have hacked into their web server.

Or, you could accept that this is the stupid timeline.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

XK posted:

Could someone double check me here? Go to:

http://facewaretech.com/blog/

See how many times they mention CIG/Star Citizen.

Once

And when they mention it:

14 months ago

I'm still having serious trouble believing that twitter.com/facewaretech is real, but it seems to be.

It's some super weird poo poo.

My money is on Faceware's twitter being hacked, but they don't know it.

AtmaTheWanderer
Nov 6, 2003
FFXI Mithra Mangina
Pillbug

XK posted:

Imagine you're in charge of a company.

Now imagine you have a product that pretty much no one gives a gently caress about.

Now imagine the C-level meeting where you desperately decide to hitch your train to the dumpster fire that is Star Citizen.

Finally, imagine ordering your marketing team to pour over Reddit looking for quotes from raving fanboys to create an ad campaign on your barren twitter account.

Estimate your total number of drinks required each night to drown away your sorrows: _______

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

https://twitter.com/FacewareTech/status/1049823617133867008

:thunk:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

I love when I get ammunition like that, ready to go.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

A lot HAS changed in 6 years!

Too bad none of those things are Star Citizen

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

If Chris jumped on the 3Lateral train, then I look forward to hearing tomorrow about how the way he�s doing it is far superior to the dinky implementation of

but seriously who’s fooling?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Countdown. https://goo.gl/eUrvcM

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Your graphic is handy and all, but you misspelled autism.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress

XK
Jul 9, 2001

It is kind of neat.

I can't imagine any game I'd actually want it in.

If it somehow helps make dumb bear gifs, I'm on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

XK posted:

It is kind of neat.

I can't imagine any game I'd actually want it in.

If it somehow helps make dumb bear gifs, I'm on board.

It'd be a game changer in VR for sure.

The problem is, in VR you're wearing a big fuckin' face mask