Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Coolness Averted posted:

The iced coffee thing is just taken out of context. They're not selling you a 'coffee to iced coffee converter' to take home. 7-11 is prepacking ice in a cup that's probably fits their coffee lids and is more heat resistant than their big gulp to pour their hot coffee into it. This also gets them out of the liability of someone pouring hot coffee in a cup then adding ice and getting splashed.

I'm really amazed you can type while simultaneously jerking off corporations. That takes some coordination!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

mycomancy posted:

I'm really amazed you can type while simultaneously jerking off corporations. That takes some coordination!

There's a chance that they don't charge extra for the cup with ice already in it than they would if you just put ice on a cup, which I guess would be okay.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Adding 7-11 coffee to ice will make for the weakest coffee imaginable.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Adding espresso to ice is the only acceptable option.

I bet somewhere there's a drip coffee called 'espresso coffee'.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

like that steve1989mreinfo guy adding smaller amounts of water to the prepackaged ration coffee dealies

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Outrail posted:

i used to make firehouse coffee in the air force with espresso grounds in a drip maker. tastes like complete poo poo but the caffeine content was amazing from the fine rear end grounds

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
It's a fundamental misunderstanding of iced coffee anyway. It's called coldbrewing because it is a different process that results in a less bitter flavor than a typical hot brew. This is why room temperature coffee tastes awful, the heat masks the bitter terpenes.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I thought cold brew and iced coffee were separate things. Like cold brew is a brewing method, but iced coffee was just coffee with ice.

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said
coffee tastes like diarrhea no matter how it's brewed

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-...c&sf199691220=1

Private interests have been projecting advertising onto the sydney opera house to promote horse racing events which they have a stake in.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
expresso

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Graphic posted:

coffee tastes like diarrhea no matter how it's brewed

You've drank diarrhea before coffee

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

Siljmonster posted:

You've drank diarrhea before coffee

diarrhea is better because i can drink that for free

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Graphic posted:

Do it on livestream and you can earn money.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Graphic posted:

In a monetary sense, maybe.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Won't someone think of all the super rich??? :negative:
Wealth Psychologist is a thing

quote:

Wealth psychologists assist many modern wealthy families, most of which built their wealth in one generation. They may not be comfortable with all aspects of being rich, and may have a lot of guilt associated with it. Even for those people who find themselves financially prepared, more are beginning to realize they may not be psychologically or emotionally prepared to cope with wealth.
Wealth psychology is becoming more prominent in legacy planning, preparing family members and future generations for the emotional transfer of wealth. While the precepts for effectively maximizing the transfer of assets are well established within the traditional wealth management community, the guiding principles for preparing family members and future generations for the emotional transfer of values and beliefs are often minimized or ignored. The role of the wealth psychologist is to help families bridge the communication and trust gap for building solidarity of vision and purpose among disparate family members and generations.
those poor rich people struggle with issues you plebs wouldn't understand like "the emotional transfer of wealth" to your kids

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

SpacePig posted:

In a monetary sense, maybe.

No, it's also freeing in a spiritual sense

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dead Beef posted:

those poor rich people struggle with issues you plebs wouldn't understand like "the emotional transfer of wealth" to your kids

Jamie Johnson's "Born Rich" shows that most kids who were handed a billion dollars were put on benzos to suppress the guilt

You're either born a heartless monster...or you can be molded into one

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Dead Beef posted:

That reminded me, the BBC did a story about the military sending people to philosophy classes so they can argue down drone pilots' ethical questions like "if I'm not being immediately threatened by these people and am in fact hundreds of miles away, how is it ok for me to rain death upon them with no warning" and presumably "are we the baddies?"

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EilSu70gfb0

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Was it ITT someone posted a link about how the ultra rich are actively complicit in death by spending their money in a certain way?

It had a great quote about how some arsehole could've funded education for African Americans across the entire USA, but instead blew that money on a yacht.

I should have saved the link. I've tried googling but all I get is puff pieces about how great the rich are and how fancy their yachts are and aren't you jealous

EDIT - this was a link request, in case that wasn't clear

Also gently caress off qkkl

Barry Foster has issued a correction as of 14:23 on Oct 10, 2018

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I bet there are a lot of people that try to counter argue stating that the rich buying yachts creates jobs because look at all the people employed in the yacht building business. I'm sure that's way more helpful to the economy than educating a significant portion of the population.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's the classic "kill vs let die" debate. Is letting someone die morally equivalent to killing them? Is not spending money to improve the education of African Americans morally equivalent to passing legislation to worsen the education of African Americans?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
those same people are actively working to kill us all via global warming, so it's moot either way :v:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

qkkl posted:

It's the classic "kill vs let die" debate. Is letting someone die morally equivalent to killing them? Is not spending money to improve the education of African Americans morally equivalent to passing legislation to worsen the education of African Americans?

That's why they have to do both, just to make sure.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

Was it ITT someone posted a link about how the ultra rich are actively complicit in death by spending their money in a certain way?

It had a great quote about how some arsehole could've funded education for African Americans across the entire USA, but instead blew that money on a yacht.

I should have saved the link. I've tried googling but all I get is puff pieces about how great the rich are and how fancy their yachts are and aren't you jealous

EDIT - this was a link request, in case that wasn't clear

Also gently caress off qkkl

Current Affairs has a couple:
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/06/its-basically-just-immoral-to-be-rich
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/10/more-evidence-that-extreme-wealth-is-totally-indefensible

The responses are, as expected, hilariously terrible, and point out issues that are already addressed in the articles

http://thepolitic.org/opinion-wealth-is-not-immoral/

quote:

Holding onto money that we do not need is no more immoral than holding onto that extra kidney we all don’t need. You could save a life by donating your second kidney just as you could save a life by donating your excess wealth. Still, we do not look askance at everyone in possession of all of their organs.

:fuckoff:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

That analogy holds true if I'm collecting millions of people's second kidneys. Just don't look in my garage is all I'm asking.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Yes! Thanks a bunch, bud

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The responses are, as expected, hilariously terrible, and point out issues that are already addressed in the articles

http://thepolitic.org/opinion-wealth-is-not-immoral/

:fuckoff:

That quote says a lot about their view of money. The system creates and destroys money. My money is part of the system. It's not part of me. If you tax my money, that's the system doing something to itself and I'm just along for the ride (which is all I ever was).

But their like 'fuh fuh fuh I am my money and my money is me, it's part of me and I am part of it *swoon*. fuh fuh fuh'

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Given how comparatively cheap it would be to eradicate hunger, poverty and illiteracy world-wide, and how rich people generally generate and (don't) spend their wealth, they should absolutely have it expropriated for the good of mankind.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SplitSoul posted:

Given how comparatively cheap it would be to eradicate hunger, poverty and illiteracy world-wide, and how rich people generally generate and (don't) spend their wealth, they should absolutely have it expropriated for the good of mankind.

It may be cheap now to eradicate hunger, but what about when the world population is 20 billion? 50 billion? At some point it will stop being cheap to eradicate hunger, and you'll be stuck with 25 billion hungry people instead of 3 billion. So you traded 3 billion people being hungry forever for a few generations of a hunger-free world, followed by 25 billion people being hungry forever.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qkkl posted:

It may be cheap now to eradicate hunger, but what about when the world population is 20 billion? 50 billion? At some point it will stop being cheap to eradicate hunger, and you'll be stuck with 25 billion hungry people instead of 3 billion. So you traded 3 billion people being hungry forever for a few generations of a hunger-free world, followed by 25 billion people being hungry forever.

Why cure this sick child's cancer? They might just get DOUBLE CANCER later on :smug:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bloop posted:

Why cure this sick child's cancer? They might just get DOUBLE CANCER later on :smug:

I don't think your a real doctor, everyone knows it is called Cancer Squared.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Malthus can suck my dick.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

qkkl posted:

Everyone who is born will eventually die. Might as well not be feeding anyone now.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

qkkl posted:

Just eat the people. Infinite source of delicious meat staring right at you in the mirror.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

qkkl posted:

Dude, you suck

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

qkkl posted:

I wish I could report you IRL so you can be banned from life. What the gently caress is this dumb rear end bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Rarity posted:

Dude, you suck

I think they're making a funy joek post about how Americans don't understand how the demographic transition works, because surely nobody's that stupid on these forums right?