Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Ugh XCOM 2 Collection was on sale for 75% off on Wingamestore, but it randomly shot up to 50% off instead even though the timer for the sale says it has over 2 days left. RIP cheap War of the Chosen and DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

These mission sets definitely feel more like Bradford bragging after the 2nd war is won vs catching up with the Commander right after Gatecrasher. "Oh yeah. I totally killed 3 of those at once. They had giant robot bodyguards."

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
May as well reinstall for these missions. Maybe I will be able to finish up a campaign afterwards, for once!

Probably not, but it will be good fun regardless :v:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Jesus gently caress these missions get rough by the end. Due to unfortunate pods I was fighting 3 avatars at once in the last map of the DJ scenario.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So finishing each campaign gives you something else?

So far I only finished the Bradford's treasure map adventure and it gave me the guns, but I don't know where to get the armor or the helmets

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Bholder posted:

So finishing each campaign gives you something else?

So far I only finished the Bradford's treasure map adventure and it gave me the guns, but I don't know where to get the armor or the helmets

Correct, the other three give you armors, helmets, and the last one gives you ATTITUDES!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I believe so!

But yeah, I imagine Gatecrasher would’ve gone much smoother if Bradford was rolling with the crew he has by the dam instead of Jane Kelly. Especially given how in-narrative he’s surprised by Codices, Andromedons, and Faceless...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bogart posted:

I believe so!

But yeah, I imagine Gatecrasher would�ve gone much smoother if Bradford was rolling with the crew he has by the dam instead of Jane Kelly. Especially given how in-narrative he�s surprised by Codices, Andromedons, and Faceless...

Look for the upcoming "Bradford takes a brick to the head" DLC.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Bradford has amnesia induced by the terrible grief of finding out what the aliens did to his sweater between campaigns.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
Bradford spent the years after the invasion working at Advent Burger, and is making all of this stuff up.

"I remember the hair" yeah, sure you do Bradford.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

everyones just assuming the bradford on the avenger is the real bradford :tinfoil:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bradford is drunk as hell usually like he's going to remember every single new ayy

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Man, the sound design for the new lasers and plasma is loving incredible. Can't wait to never touch the lame-rear end vanilla Tier 3 crap again. :swoon:

(coilguns and the Warden Gear mod are pretty cool though)

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

No big bugs so far, though I have seen a few. I'm getting weird stretchy legs every so often when somebody slides into cover, but it fixes itself when I select them again. There's also an issue with the armor randomization in Skrimish. When you load it up, it sets up a random group of four XCOM characters with random level, equipment, etc. However, the armor does not appear to randomize properly, with basic XCOM getting Kevlar while everyone else gets their 2nd-tier armor. That second one can probably be easily fixed though. Any word on if mods can hook into the new systems, like Skirmish and the generated Legacy campaigns?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

RBA Starblade posted:

Bradford is drunk as hell usually like he's going to remember every single new ayy

He outright states that he tried to forget a lot of these times because despite the player leading him to success they weren't all that great. We're seeing the high points. Also he didn't have Dr. Tygan and Shen Jr. there to tell him "Oh yeah, this is a so-and-so" All he remembers is "Holy poo poo that sucker had freaky purple powers and spiky hair. In fact it was kinda like the Avatars we've seen? An early prototype? Well they die to having a burning building collapse on them all the same."

I also get the feeling that the equipment upgrades you get through the mini-campaigns are mostly there for gameplay. Yeah Bradford talks about salvaging, but I doubt they cobbled together a set of plasma weaponry. Maybe they found a spare suit or two of ADVENT armor or a mag-rifle before ADVENT started to put fingerprint/genetic locks on their guns.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Alkydere posted:

He outright states that he tried to forget a lot of these times because despite the player leading him to success they weren't all that great. We're seeing the high points. Also he didn't have Dr. Tygan and Shen Jr. there to tell him "Oh yeah, this is a so-and-so" All he remembers is "Holy poo poo that sucker had freaky purple powers and spiky hair. In fact it was kinda like the Avatars we've seen? An early prototype? Well they die to having a burning building collapse on them all the same."

I also get the feeling that the equipment upgrades you get through the mini-campaigns are mostly there for gameplay. Yeah Bradford talks about salvaging, but I doubt they cobbled together a set of plasma weaponry. Maybe they found a spare suit or two of ADVENT armor or a mag-rifle before ADVENT started to put fingerprint/genetic locks on their guns.

You mean Bradford didn't find the chosen katana laying around in a farmhouse and spent the next two weeks going all Way of the Samurai on multiple avatars before losing it in a drunken stupor?

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Only thing hampering my enjoyment is clicking the play button too quickly without disabling all mods in the launcher which crashes the game and it won't work again until files are verified + downloaded.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 10, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

DeathSandwich posted:

You mean Bradford didn't find the chosen katana laying around in a farmhouse and spent the next two weeks going all Way of the Samurai on multiple avatars before losing it in a drunken stupor?

actually he did. its bradfords katana that he left in a barn, the chosen just found it and used it in the meantime

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
the second bradford campaign is the best/worst EW callback. specifically this EW mission: Site Recon, anyone?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Huh. The new weapons aren't skins, they're actual one-use weapons that come with a built-in upgrade. Wasn't expecting that.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Psion posted:

the second bradford campaign is the best/worst EW callback. specifically this EW mission: Site Recon, anyone?

The funniest thing is every time you think the campaign is done with that reference it swings another reference to that level in.
The Faceless popping out of the giant fish like the Newfoundland Crysalids and then the final "bomb set NOW RUN!" bit

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Ravenfood posted:

Huh. The new weapons aren't skins, they're actual one-use weapons that come with a built-in upgrade. Wasn't expecting that.

wait, so I can't just give all my soldiers the new-old weapons?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Alkydere posted:

The funniest thing is every time you think the campaign is done with that reference it swings another reference to that level in.

Oh yeah. I knew what your spoiler would be and I wasn’t disappointed. Made me laugh.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
is bladestorm supposed to work at range? I had old man Bradford bladestorm a snake tongue attack which is ok fine but then he bladestormed an enemy at the other end of the map.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
Huh, so the prototype weapons are basically rare items rather than an alternative skin?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Someone will probably mod them to be regular weapons within the week

Fuzzykins
Nov 24, 2013
lol, I got less than 10k in the first mission, out of 7 and the first unlock of 3 is at 80k medal progression... last 220k? That's not for the main campaign unlocks I hope, right? Just have to beat it?

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

uber_stoat posted:

is bladestorm supposed to work at range? I had old man Bradford bladestorm a snake tongue attack which is ok fine but then he bladestormed an enemy at the other end of the map.

Bladestorm + Viper tongue pulling does weird poo poo. I had a viper tongue pull bradford into a proximity mine, which had already exploded that turn but still damaged bradford. He also bladestormed the offending viper and killed it, and his graphic model went back to the original position but his 'true' location was next to the viper. The interface got all weird about it too until I moved him.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

Fuzzykins posted:

lol, I got less than 10k in the first mission, out of 7 and the first unlock of 3 is at 80k medal progression... last 220k? That's not for the main campaign unlocks I hope, right? Just have to beat it?

The points ramp up for each mission so just keep going. I think I got like 10k on the first mission and managed to finish on a silver medal despite a few screw ups, like trying to blademaster a sectopod in the police station, not killing it and triggering 2 pods in the process.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Oh god the 3rd Lily Shen mission.

She apparently accidentally ejected Bradford's favorite seat (which was a fighter pilot's seat with working eject for...reasons) while he was out, so now she's off to scan a crashed interceptor's pilot seat for schematics to replace his before he gets back.

Edit:
Oh wait, it's the chair Central wants to give the Commander!

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Oct 10, 2018

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1535154541

Infinite TLP weapons mod. Need to build them. I suspect you get the installed mods with your new pew pew. I have not tested it.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
the Highlander just got updated so assuming it works now

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The prototype plasma weapons shoot blobs of plasma instead of laser beams of plasma, like the Enemy Unknown ones, heh. And they constantly vent green gas. The sound effects are so great.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Speedball posted:

The prototype plasma weapons shoot blobs of plasma instead of laser beams of plasma, like the Enemy Unknown ones, heh. And they constantly vent green gas. The sound effects are so great.
I might be crazy but I'm 90% sure the EU plasma guns shot blobs, not lasers. Like I specifically remember mutons and the like shooting bursts of 'em.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Vib Rib posted:

I might be crazy but I'm 90% sure the EU plasma guns shot blobs, not lasers. Like I specifically remember mutons and the like shooting bursts of 'em.

thats literally what he's saying

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Yeah I like the jury-rigged looks a lot more, the constant venting of plasma and the big green blobs of hate. Not saying the "charge then blue beam of death" was bad but it just didn't feel quite right to have the AR weapons go from firing a spray to only firing a single beam, felt more like it should have been a special weapon. Of course apparently the legacy weapons are special weapons which seems a bit frustrating, especially since everything else is pure cosmetic. Oh well, there's already a mod to make infinite versions of the old weapons, complete with built-in attachments. I'm sure there will be an entirely cosmetic version of the mod soon which lets the player customize the attachments. That's one nice thing about this game: if you've got a problem a mod will likely be made for it.

Anyways, 3/4 mission sets done, I think I'll unlock the rad-itudes later it's getting late. Also the penultimate mission for set three was a dick move. defend the transmitter mission, starts with a Sectopod sitting on top of it. Won the mission in 4 turns but the transmitter barely had more than 1/4 health left by that point. Thankfully the Sectopod + Gatekeeper + Sectoid + Archon all stood on top of the Heavy Turret. Considering the amount of explosions and shots fired in that last turn the locals probably thought I'd called in an artillery strike.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
You just need to finish the missions for the unlock and get at least a bronze.

Or just grab https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1535023259

Hell, even if you remove the mod after, your profile will keep the unlocks without you having done the missions.

IAmTheRad fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Oct 10, 2018

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

I hope this is the right place to ask: is there a mod (for WotC) that makes the alien rulers act like the chosen do (having strengths and weaknesses, and being able to act on their own turn only)?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Moola posted:

thats literally what he's saying
In my defense the sentence can easily be read to mean either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
This dlc is hard on nightmare, especially unmodded.