Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I'M IN LOVE WITH THA

but I'm not a fan of the show being cut down to 30 minutes next year. I hope that isn't a sign of TBS winding things down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He could just run a Youtube channel at this point. All anyone wants to see is Conan and Jordan go to other countries and prepare their bodies in various ways and fulfill various tasks.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Vanderdeath posted:

but I'm not a fan of the show being cut down to 30 minutes next year. I hope that isn't a sign of TBS winding things down.

I think it�s a great idea, for quite a while Conan has seemed like he is having a lot more fun doing comedy and traveling to other countries, than doing the stale format that ten other programs are doing.
This seems like a great opportunity for him to do the things he loves and is best at, so it�s a win for everyone.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Mr Inbetween season 1 finished tonight and FX has renewed it for a second season (possibly with an increased episode order)

Great little show and a refreshing change to a lot of crime shows. If you like Justified watch this, has the same happy-go-lucky and smooth operator vibe that Raylan gives off, except he's a crim and not a cop.
Thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870445

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
The season 2 premiere of Black Lightning was amazing. In addition to great fights, an unexpected character going full ninja and killing an unexpected other character (for now), secret identity reveals and lots of world building from the events of S1 they introduce Bill loving Duke as Agent Odell who is not taking any poo poo from those superhero clowns.

Bring it on, this is peak CW and quite possibly the best superhero show on TV.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Until next year when the traditional season 3 backlash starts

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don�t dislike Trebek, but it�s kind of nice to see him on the other side of it sometimes. He can be so smug towards contestants on Jeopardy at times.
Aren�t most people disappointed with moderators for being useless, not asking follow-ups, and letting candidates get away with blatant lies? What�s the point if not to call them out on their bullshit?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

is anyone else seeing ' characters show up as � ? Is my browser broken or are the forums bugging out finally dying?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

double nine posted:

is anyone else seeing ' characters show up as � ? Is my browser broken or are the forums bugging out finally dying?
It's a sitewide issue with how iOS apostrophes are input or something. Shows up in Awful app and desktop browsers. Been happening for everyone here the past day or so.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
drat, Black Lightning Season 2 started out strong. Garage fight, Lightning, Bill Duke being a badass with just his tone of voice.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

drat, Black Lightning Season 2 started out strong. Garage fight, Lightning, Bill Duke being a badass with just his tone of voice.

That the first time the used the n word?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Rocksicles posted:

That the first time the used the n word?

And also HNIC

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The forum character table reminds me of when people would add weirdly formatted stuff to FanFiction.Net and the site couldn't support the punctuation.

Help I'm having PTSD from being a horrible pre teen.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I feel like the apostrophe thing is an elaborate ARG for American Vandal Season 2.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

I love how 12 Monkeys just turns into a completely different kind of time-travelling show in season 2.

Early into the season, but I'm finding the show's unending cavalcade of death and frenetic pace to be a little exhausting. Its a very single minded show, in tone and structure, and it would do a little better to allow their characters to breathe a little more.

Which is ironic, bc it seems like Cole was saying it in the show too, I loved how excited he got about whiskey sours. Too bad that only lasted for approximately a line of dialogue.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Both of those are addressed as you move forward.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

bull3964 posted:

I feel like the apostrophe thing is an elaborate ARG for American Vandal Season 2.

"Demarcus's phone didn't have the glitch."

:ninja:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

The forum character table reminds me of when people would add weirdly formatted stuff to FanFiction.Net and the site couldn't support the punctuation.

This was especially bad when you wrote Animorphs fan fiction which used <> for thoughtspeak a lot. I mean I don’t know that.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

esperterra posted:

Part of me hopes the planet doesn't kill us all before we start getting politicians with like extensive terrible harry potter vore fanfic all over the internet and it's just glossed over.

But most of me hopes we all get pompeii'ed tomorrow.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

This was especially bad when you wrote Animorphs fan fiction which used <> for thoughtspeak a lot. I mean I don�t know that.

IRQ posted:

Part of me hopes the planet doesn't kill us all before we start getting politicians with like extensive terrible harry potter vore fanfic all over the internet and it's just glossed over.

But most of me hopes we all get pompeii'ed tomorrow.

:lol: x2

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Having seen the 3 eps of Manifest out so far, it is the most bland, uninspired version of The Event/Flashforward possible. They’ve even managed to make the central driving mystery uncompelling so far.

Do not watch.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It is canon that The Good Place and Parks and Rec take place in the same cinematic universe

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Oasx posted:

I think it�s a great idea, for quite a while Conan has seemed like he is having a lot more fun doing comedy and traveling to other countries, than doing the stale format that ten other programs are doing.
This seems like a great opportunity for him to do the things he loves and is best at, so it�s a win for everyone.

Conan was more alive than he's ever been when he was doing The Legally Prohibited from Being Funny on Television Tour, and it's been clear for a while that he's absolutely bored of the traditional late-night format; the only time his show really sparks nowadays is when something goes completely off the rails. He's also never been a good interviewer.

TBS is clearly shifting to a new format, as their focus is no longer exclusively on comedy, but I have a feeling he'll still be around for a few more years before he calls it quits and just does random stand-up gigs or writes a book or something.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I wish Good Eats returned before finding out that Alton Brown just seems like a bit of an rear end in real life.

He seemed to mellow out a bit once he quit drinking and lost all that weight (he was also very vocal about how bad his marriage was, and how much better his life became when he ditched Southern Baptism). He was very kind to the desk, bell and restaurant staff at my hotel when he did a show here in Madison.

Timby fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 10, 2018

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's encouraging at least, hopefully the bad stuff is in the past.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

He was also very loud about how much he absolutely loathed doing Next Food Network Star (because of just how much of it was staged) and I think it just wore him down. He loves doing Cutthroat Kitchen, though.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

zoux posted:

It is canon that The Good Place and Parks and Rec take place in the same cinematic universe

I thought that was already established with the Feinstein cologne ads.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bull3964 posted:

Regy Rusty posted:

"Demarcus's

IRQ posted:

pompeii'ed

Josh Lyman posted:

Aren�t ... What�s

:siren: POOP BANDIT CONFIRMED :siren:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

:siren: POOP BANDIT CONFIRMED :siren:

Nah, just too many vowels in once place. Still haven't gotten through season 1 of that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

I would eat pretty much everything on that menu, and gladly

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I don't know what took me so long but I just finished The Americans S1 and it's good poo poo.

Anything I should know about the remaining seasons? Does it stay consistent?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Keeps getting better imo. But yeah it's definitely consistent as hell.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Vanderdeath posted:

I'M IN LOVE WITH THA

If they're cutting it down because they're extracting all the late night talk show trappings, that's good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

And because Conan wants to do more traveling and remote bits. Which is far and away his strongest stuff. And he wants to do long form interviews on his new podcast.

I imagine after 25 years he's tired of the same routine especially since he's found strengths in other more time consuming ways.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

pahuyuth posted:

I don't know what took me so long but I just finished The Americans S1 and it's good poo poo.

Anything I should know about the remaining seasons? Does it stay consistent?

It just keeps getting better, you're in for a hell of a ride

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

precision posted:

I would eat pretty much everything on that menu, and gladly

For real, I will at some point be making a drink with SoCo, Coca Cola, and an apple pie. Not drinking it out of a hubcap though.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

X-O posted:

And because Conan wants to do more traveling and remote bits. Which is far and away his strongest stuff. And he wants to do long form interviews on his new podcast.

I imagine after 25 years he's tired of the same routine especially since he's found strengths in other more time consuming ways.

I wonder how Conan will do at long-form interviews. He's always been dogshit at the short stuff unless it's a guest who totally gets him to break.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Timby posted:

I wonder how Conan will do at long-form interviews. He's always been dogshit at the short stuff unless it's a guest who totally gets him to break.

I wonder how Paul Rudd interviews will work with audio only.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Medullah posted:

I wonder how Paul Rudd interviews will work with audio only.

*rumble of wheelchair careering down hill*

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
"ERIC!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Timby posted:

He's really good at it. He did several years ago when started at TBS. It was called Jibber Jabber. A lot of them were authors and other types not suited for Late Night TV. The kind of people he actually wants to talk to.

http://teamcoco.com/serious

X-O fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 11, 2018