Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

They super are not taking over Austin. They are just a drop in the bucket of Austin City Limits.

It would be funny if the stupid Shroud of the Avatar convention turns out to be bigger than Citizencon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Kramjacks posted:

They're dismissing the possibility by not even mentioning it.

"A bunch of dudes running around in an mmo"
"Three types of dudes"

The possibility of women wanting to play as a female character doesn't enter their argument at any step, because the thought of women playing SC never occurs to them.

So by not mentioning alien characters, they are dismissing the possibility?

Give me a break.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

come on guys this one is easy.

RSI is the Twentieth Century Motor Company and Star Citizen is The Dale.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

EvilMerlin posted:

Give me a break.

U so nazi, me lov u long time

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EvilMerlin posted:

Uh, he clearly says dudes playing.

So no, he is not dismissing the possibility of females playing SC.

Umm, he's saying female characters are not needed.... so, ladies should play male characters?

Well, i can see the point really, female avatars might drive the males into untrontrollable frenzies of lust.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

EvilMerlin posted:

Give me a break.

What? Are you saying that aliens are playing SC? What?

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

EvilMerlin posted:

Give me a break.

Wat

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

:females: as an alien being unknowable to mere humans would be a very SC thing to say

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Agony Aunt posted:

Umm, he's saying female characters are not needed.... so, ladies should play male characters?

Well, i can see the point really, female avatars might drive the males into untrontrollable frenzies of lust.

FapOIP

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Seriously curious as to what Bob Cribborts will say regarding Road to Release...

2 years? 1 year?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Seriously curious as to what Bob Cribborts will say regarding Road to Release...

2 years? 1 year?

I'd be surprised if anything was given. The faithful don't seem to care anymore; and it's just something else for the detractors to point at.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

IcarusUpHigh posted:

2 years? 1 year?

My guess is that Roberts announces some new hot-poo poo project management system that they're adopting.

It'll have some nonsense name like 'Iterative Staging' or 'Modular Team Flow-Through', and Reddit will collectively cream themselves.

Wild-card prediction: They release a Squadron 42 taster.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

It would not surprise me for them to "toss the breakers" and evacuate the building at that point thus avoiding the whole mess.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

Dunno if Beet will be streaming, there's a big ol' hurricane on its way to him

If he lives in the pan handle, he has bigger problems than a cat four.

Hav fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 10, 2018

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hot take: They will release a tiny playable demo of Squadron 42, it will have terrible performance and not be very fun to play but cultists will lap it up and show off all the "awesomness" and claim Christ Roberts is true to his words, TAKE THAT HATERS!!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Stay frosty

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/ADIShapCap/status/1049803213002686465

https://twitter.com/ADIShapCap/status/1049878102690713605

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Poison Jam posted:

Crobberts is Vettel?

no, Vettel has a good product and rather good, experienced engineers behind him. So obviously, Vettel is even worse.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:stare:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

My predictions for today:

they will show some fifty-or-more player demo in the PTU to demonstrate that they fixed the awful performance, and now fidelity can flow free, thus the game is saved. This will take about 30 mins and maybe crash once.

Then they will show the next level of player interaction by means of FOIP, basically the same stuff they have shown before, maybe in a new environment. This will take about an hour, and will not crash.

Then they will show another "vertical slice" of SQ24, with a live mocap session, on Hurston. This will take about 30 minutes, and will not crash.

Before/after they will show at least two new ships/mechs/vehicles you need to buy, plus of course the FOIP camera.

The presentation will run smoothly, apart from the typical Crobbear fuckup.

It will be a big nothingburger, without major crashes, will run smoothly, will be devoid of fun, and shitizens will pledge like there is no tomorrow.

You heard it here first, folks!

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

DigitalPenny posted:

Only cig could make progress on fail bingo before even starting.

Its like walking up to test drive a car and before you even get to open the door a wheel has fallen off and the horn is started randomly going off, mechanics running out of the garage yelling "don't worry about this perfectly normal nothing to see here".
while some shilly salesman is telling you how it's going to be the best drive ever!

tesla.txt

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
are you guys ready to MoCap?

https://twitter.com/atise13/status/1049898028029632513

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Pharohman777 posted:

The fact that someone mentioned an entire office getting excited for the citizencon stream because they wanna see the trainwreck is amazing.

I thought that is a really depressing home office .

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

:staredog:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

lmao

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

Dunno if Beet will be streaming, there's a big ol' hurricane on its way to him

tuo posted:

Oh, well, then....don't die, Beet!

Lord Stimperor posted:

Bad weather is not an excuse to neglect your duties. Where do you think we are, in a comedy club or something?

edit: beet stay safe tho and make sure kayak isn't scared

I'll be fine, I'm on the wrong end of Florida for hurricane fun times (for once). FailuretoReport is going to be streaming it though so I'd recommend congregating there unless something happens.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Gejnor posted:

Hot take: They will release a tiny playable demo of Squadron 42, it will have terrible performance and not be very fun to play but cultists will lap it up and show off all the "awesomness" and claim Christ Roberts is true to his words, TAKE THAT HATERS!!

That'd be great actually. Release something that is not pre-alpha but a final thing and it's game over, baby.

No matter how the cultist will try to spin it, if that demo sucks the press and all other gaming communities will bury it forever. The minute the last argument of "this is only work in progress" goes bye-bye their BDSSE dream goes the way of the dodo too.

CIG is not releasing anything, though. It's not their MO.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I actually had a fever dream last night that they released Squadron in its entirety, or at least "as much as we have done" and it was loving wild.

My takes:
  • OCS and Faceware are the stars of the show
  • :yooge: updates about procedural cities and how they've made them slightly less lovely and boring now
  • A prerecorded message from Liam Admiralguy about joining the call
  • Player-owned space station concept
  • Xi'an 'capital' ship concept sale

e: and apparently the Drake pocket carrier a couple people wanted is making an appearance

https://twitter.com/dolkensp/status...w.reddit.com%2F

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Beet Goblin posted:

FailuretoReport is going to be streaming it though so I'd recommend congregating there unless something happens.

Do we need to create an account or pay $20 to watch it live?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MedicineHut posted:

Do we need to create an account or pay $20 to watch it live?

He's gonna be hosting the stream on twitch IIRC, for people without Star Citizen accounts. I'll be there as soon as I get banned from the official SC stream chat lol

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beet Goblin posted:

He's gonna be hosting the stream on twitch IIRC, for people without Star Citizen accounts. I'll be there as soon as I get banned from the official SC stream chat lol

Pro-tip: Don't say scam.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

say scum

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I'm sitting here in awe of the horrific disaster unfolding north of the Gulf today.

Also, to the east is a hurricane.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/FacewareTech/status/1050009408590307333

XD

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

10 to 3 in the morning and I ready to get this Con started!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Kosumo posted:

10 to 3 in the morning and I ready to get this Con started!

Still 4 hours to go :v: