Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Android too

Edit for new page:

It has to be pretty risky for Cruz either way. The more you interact with Cruz, the less you'll like him.

On the other hand, giving Beto an unchecked national platform can't be good for Cruz either.

Dameius fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Badger of Basra posted:

There was a poll Evan Smith was tweeting out the other day where more people said they thought Ted Cruz was relatable than Beto and if that�s true then I don�t really know how this state can be helped

Cruz and most Texans are gigantic pieces of poo poo so this checks out.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
This is taking place on CNN. If there is really anyone still on the fence about voting for Cruz or Beto, they are not CNN watchers. I think Cruz showing up or not would probably be a wash as far as motivating voters. On the one hand, giving Beto an hour to be inspirational is bad for Cruz. On the other hand, Cruz being on stage and talking in public is probably bad for Cruz.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/CHueyBurns/status/1050049443893047297

"All are longtime Republican voters, solely because they oppose abortion rights."

Fuckin a man. If SCOTUS ever actually overturned Roe, it'd be the worst thing that ever happened to the GOP.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Nah, once it's overturned they can switch to "the democrats want to make baby murder legal again, don't let them! Vote for our Actual Human Candidate, and protect the sanctity of birth!"

That said,

quote:

At times, however, their support feels hush-hush. A few of their other friends who support Mr. O’Rourke are married to men who support Mr. Cruz and have refused to let them speak about it publicly. One friend said she wanted to protect her marriage, and worried she’d be “crucified, burned at the stake” if people found out, Ms. Clarke said.

:magical:

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 10, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I also think that the fastest way to get the right to abortion enshrined in the constitution is to overturn Roe BUT I'd rather not risk it.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Keeshhound posted:

That said,

Guapo O'Rourke is destroying family units left and right

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Keeshhound posted:

Nah, once it's overturned they can switch to "the democrats want to make baby murder legal again, don't let them! Vote for our Actual Human Candidate, and protect the sanctity of birth!"

That said,

That's the quote in the tweet >: |

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I'm on my phone, it doesn't display tweets in the app for some reason. :shrug:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gentlemen they are becoming self aware, this isn't good.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
And it only took them five hundred years after Martin Luther proposed what would become known as the Universal Priesthood of Believers to start thinking for themselves. :rolleyes:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/briannasttone/status/1050072230300962817

(The target is Susan Collins not Sid)

quote:

Miller’s supporters harassed her online, she said, calling her a pedophile and calling for her arrest.

I think they go so hard on the pedo angle because it's the only thing that the right can agree is bad.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Not all of them.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Keeshhound posted:

Not all of them.

Those ones become militant libertarians.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zoux posted:

Those ones become militant libertarians.

or highly-respected religious leaders

or presidents

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Fuckin a man. If SCOTUS ever actually overturned Roe, it'd be the worst thing that ever happened to the GOP.

In addition to what everyone already noted, overturning Roe wouldn't make abortion illegal everywhere, it would just give it back to the states to decide. That means tons of states where it's still legal, and swing states where it seesaws back and forth in legality (and everywhere in between), so TONS of fodder for the culture war.

It would be infinitely worse for the Dems as it'd be a constantly salient issues, especially in swing states.

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 10, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well hopefully we'll never find out. We will get a preview as I can 100% guarantee there is going to be a trigger bill this session that will serve as the proxy debate for "Should all abortion be banned"

They're also going to take another bite at restricting municipalites from determining their own tax rates, whining about the skyrocketing costs of property taxes. But guess whose fault that is

https://twitter.com/PhilPrazan/status/1050038233764192256

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

There was a poll Evan Smith was tweeting out the other day where more people said they thought Ted Cruz was relatable than Beto and if that’s true then I don’t really know how this state can be helped

They mean he seems like he hates black people as much as they do

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/seizethewhiskey/status/1050189571089154048

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
beto in the lizard lounge, which also has goth nights twice a week

https://twitter.com/BetoORourke/status/1050193172498980865

nice disco balls

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

beto in the lizard lounge, which also has goth nights twice a week

https://twitter.com/BetoORourke/status/1050193172498980865

nice disco balls

Meanwhile, in my loving district
https://twitter.com/SiegelForTexas/status/1050188817066536961

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i don't want to hope, but siegel/mccaul has the potential to be close

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
PV is the historically segregated black Uni right?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it is an HBCU if thats what youre trying to say

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Yes, PV was made so A&M could say that they were admitting black students into their system when they were forced to do so, but not have to actually have them at the College Station campus.

Wolf Pussy
Jul 7, 2016

by R. Dieovich
When I matriculated at A&M in the mid 90’s I was shocked by how many white and black people were there.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/quinnipiacpoll/status/1050326391093452800

40% of Latinos voting Cruz, Purple Texas is a fairytale

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Let me ask a question, what difference does the poll make to what we need to do?

The answer is nothing, the Fascists are still in power and we still need to stop them. Which means that we do everything that we can to stop them and that means showing up to vote.

I'd lose knowing that I did everything I could than wallow in hopelessness.

Besides there is a bright side to the possibility of a Cruz victory. Beto will be available for a 2020 run.

Don't waste energy worrying about what isn't in your control, focus on what you can do. Talk to your friends, families and co-workers. Get them to understand the stakes, find those lazy apathetic Democrats and non-chuds and drag them to the loving polls if you have to.

We always knew that this was a long shot these polls change nothing. They are based on certain assumptions, our job is to falsify those assumptions.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Skex posted:

Besides there is a bright side to the possibility of a Cruz victory. Beto will be available for a 2020 run.

hahahahahaha

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Curious to see what Reuters has this month. I remember last month they released right after Quinnipac and showed Beto up.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
The polls are saying what now

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

People post that pic but Nate got loving scorched for being more bullish on Trump than the CW

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
he was Shook Nate but we were all shook in the end

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Skex posted:

Let me ask a question, what difference does the poll make to what we need to do?

The answer is nothing, the Fascists are still in power and we still need to stop them. Which means that we do everything that we can to stop them and that means showing up to vote.

I'd lose knowing that I did everything I could than wallow in hopelessness.

Don't waste energy worrying about what isn't in your control, focus on what you can do. Talk to your friends, families and co-workers. Get them to understand the stakes, find those lazy apathetic Democrats and non-chuds and drag them to the loving polls if you have to.

We always knew that this was a long shot these polls change nothing. They are based on certain assumptions, our job is to falsify those assumptions.

Sir this is Whataburger we do not serve Big macs, Now do you want a Avacado Bacon Burger or not?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Beto is and always has been a long shot in this state. Doesn't mean it isn't worth a try. However, he will get stabbed to death in a dark DC coat closet before he can run for President in 2020.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Beto sank his campaign when he dabbed.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

TropicalCoke posted:

Beto is and always has been a long shot in this state. Doesn't mean it isn't worth a try. However, he will get stabbed to death in a dark DC coat closet before he can run for President in 2020.

Are you kidding me? He's got more national media presence right now than any of the other 2020 contenders. Plus that CNN town hall thing coming up? He's building a national brand and you're an idiot if you think the Democrats aren't going to be all "look a white Obama" which outside of the hard left is very appealing thing. Plus he's already on record before things heated up for being for MCA, Impeachment of Trump and Decriminalization of Marijuana.

Christ in any other state they'd be planning the victory party for him already.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if this Senate run wasn't mostly to build up his name recognition and profile as a Presidential Contender.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Skex posted:

Are you kidding me? He's got more national media presence right now than any of the other 2020 contenders. Plus that CNN town hall thing coming up? He's building a national brand and you're an idiot if you think the Democrats aren't going to be all "look a white Obama" which outside of the hard left is very appealing thing. Plus he's already on record before things heated up for being for MCA, Impeachment of Trump and Decriminalization of Marijuana.

Christ in any other state they'd be planning the victory party for him already.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if this Senate run wasn't mostly to build up his name recognition and profile as a Presidential Contender.

This might all be true if he wins. If he loses there’s no way he’s a credible presidential candidate.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/quinnipiacpoll/status/1050326391093452800

40% of Latinos voting Cruz, Purple Texas is a fairytale

Part of me used to believe the myth of a future purple state because of the increasing minority growth but then we get poo poo like this where almost half of my demographic embraces the conservative hellscape.

Enjoy casting your vote and then being seen as inferior drug-smuggling rapists who leech welfare from white people, you dumb fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Badger of Basra posted:

This might all be true if he wins. If he loses there’s no way he’s a credible presidential candidate.

If he loses hopefully it’s by five points ir less as it means there can be a fight for Texas in the future.

Also big mac fans need to stop coming to whataburger.