Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

I hope one day these people learn what it's like to be systematically oppressed, up close and personal.

oh god I'm a freeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yes, how dare people express their displeasure at the political process!

Brad Jones saw the Trump Prophecy, and it makes like Saving Christmas look like a good movie in comparison.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7DnvSSlsgY

TLDW of it is that the movies about a fire fighter who has PTSD and dreams a white orb is floating above him, and when he wakes up in 2006 and sees Trump on the tv and writes down "President Trump?" then tells his therapist that tells his wife and she starts evangelizing by this and they all blow shofars to elect trump.

It never tries to make a case for Trump outside of "maybe god chose him?", even Dinesh tries to make a case against or for something, as lovely as it is. Nope, god wanted it, maybe?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 7, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

But they crossed literal physical lines and did it really loud.

And they made some people feel kind of bad about themselves. Not many, but maybe some. And how messed up is it for voters to demand their elected representatives to consider the consequences of their actions and words? That's not what this country was founded on.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Look, all the peasants are doing truly heinous poo poo like interrupting people at restaurants, being loud about their deaths from lack of health care and coat hanger abortions. They really need to go back to :decorum: and just writing a column in the New York Times or something before giving me their votes because the other guys are totally worse, right colleagues across the aisle?

If they keep being unruly I'll have to get really offended and support the fascists when they call for applying the rule of law. It's just intolerable for them to interrupt the ruling class at dinner. Do they not know their places?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

bird food bathtub posted:

Look, all the peasants are doing truly heinous poo poo like interrupting people at restaurants, being loud about their deaths from lack of health care and coat hanger abortions. They really need to go back to :decorum: and just writing a column in the New York Times or something before giving me their votes because the other guys are totally worse, right colleagues across the aisle?

If they keep being unruly I'll have to get really offended and support the fascists when they call for applying the rule of law. It's just intolerable for them to interrupt the ruling class at dinner. Do they not know their places?

Yeah, we need to work on our manners

*Mocks a woman on her period, mocks a disabled journalist, calls immigrants rapists and murderers*

MANNERS, people!

We need to mind our manners and stop the name calling, unlike Crazy Bernie, Little Marco, Pocahontas, Crooked Hillary, Lying Ted and all those nasty women, bad hombres libtards, femi-nazis, baby killers and environmentalists wackos,.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
How is Todd Starnes still alive? Didn't he have an LVAD or am I thinking of someone else?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It bears repeating, where was that fiery condemnation of violent protestors when neo-Nazis murdered a woman in Charlottesville?

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

It bears repeating, where was that fiery condemnation of violent protestors when neo-Nazis murdered a woman in Charlottesville?

Can't insult a core constituency!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Dr Christmas posted:

The acknowledgement of there being good people (on both sides!) cleaaaarly implies that some were bad as well (but maybe not on both sides)

-Trumpbrain

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
https://i.imgur.com/CxCQq5t.gifv

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:emptyquote:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

This is very good. I am mildly disappointed that treason wasn't, "A little bit, yes."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

This is very good. I am mildly disappointed that treason wasn't, "A little bit, yes."

I like "Move it Eric!"

Also I've watched this episode a million times and I just noticed Burns looks at his watch when the doctor says he'll explain.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

twistedmentat posted:

I like "Move it Eric!"

Also I've watched this episode a million times and I just noticed Burns looks at his watch when the doctor says he'll explain.

That watch isn't there before he checks it :catstare:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Jurgan posted:

Yeah, I was just recently accused of sexual harassment by a student. She was either really paranoid or was trying to create an excuse for failing my class. So the Title IX people looked into it, interviewed some witnesses, and decided it was unfounded. It was a pretty simple process, and I imagine if I’d started screaming about conspiracies Kavanaugh-style it would have made everything much worse. The only problem was that my boss tried to cover it up, which just dragged the whole process out for months. I don’t want people trying to block an investigation if I’m accused; I’d rather all the interviews happen while people’s memories are fresh.

My uncles a doctor. Incredibly nice guy, married since college. He’s had a female nurse in the room for a few years now anytime he checks up female patients, as coverage. A patient accused him of inappropriate touching her breast, (on a cancer screening) and the nurse backed up my uncle. The hospital still fired him because it was easier than the bad press. He’s worked there for over 20 years, no other issues. He’ll be fine, but he’s devastated.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

I think in their minds the murder WAS the condemnation of protestors.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Dr Christmas posted:

"What about the, as you say, the alt-left, who came charging in?"

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
Y'all see the great new Prager U video about how acknowledging Christopher Columbus enslaved/raped/mutilated thousands of native peoples is a SJW conspiracy to indoctrinate you into hating the west. He didn't actually commit genocide, most of the island inhabitants died of diseases before they could enslave them!

Narrated by the inimitable Crowder.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually sort of love Colombus Day because I always love having the "So what exactly did he do?" argument. Because the best case is "he got super lost trying to get rich and landed somewhere else outside America, not at all first." And like even dumb people basically know that.

Like, I just enjoy getting someone to begrudgingly celebrate that he founded Haiti. Its so loving stupid. Then I say "Happy Indigenous People Day."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
A really good Youtube Channel is History Buffs. He reviews movies purely on their historical accuracy (like he straight up will admit he likes a movie, but then rip on it for being historically inaccurate).

The one he did about 1492 is amazing because it gets really into how horrible Columbus was, by using his own words, while the movie tries to show him as someone who lost control of his men because of their greed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQWSwUbnofw

The host is has very strong feelings about the way First Nations people have been treated in the Americas, like the Dances With Wolves one is an hour long, but at least a half hour of it is about Standing Rock and the horrible injustices there.

Thank god Canadian Thanksgiving is minus all of that crap, its just literally a harvest festival that celebrates fall. Our horrible treatment of First Nations people is unrelated.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Thank god Canadian Thanksgiving is minus all of that crap, its just literally a harvest festival that celebrates fall. Our horrible treatment of First Nations people is unrelated.

:canada::hf::canada:

Our government is very slowly trying to make amends for that. At least until Andrew Scheer becomes PM and begins his first Throne Speech with "Just kidding, we're not sorry for poo poo!"

God, he's such a creepy Harper 2.0 bot.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

I actually sort of love Colombus Day because I always love having the "So what exactly did he do?" argument. Because the best case is "he got super lost trying to get rich and landed somewhere else outside America, not at all first." And like even dumb people basically know that.

Like, I just enjoy getting someone to begrudgingly celebrate that he founded Haiti. Its so loving stupid. Then I say "Happy Indigenous People Day."

https://twitter.com/stavvybaby/status/1049316488539201536

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

A really good Youtube Channel is History Buffs.

I literally just discovered that channel over the weekend. Saw the episode where he did 300. Good stuff.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

:canada::hf::canada:

Our government is very slowly trying to make amends for that. At least until Andrew Scheer becomes PM and begins his first Throne Speech with "Just kidding, we're not sorry for poo poo!"

God, he's such a creepy Harper 2.0 bot.

Scheer will fail because no one can get excited about him and Brenner will steal all the chuds with his racism party. When Scheer falls and Ford becomes Con leader, then be worried.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Okay, who here has been talking to Asra Nomani?

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1049640332596523013

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Leofish posted:

Okay, who here has been talking to Asra Nomani?

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1049640332596523013

"Well you see, it's an op-ed, so people need to understand going in that it's all opinion" - a once reputable newspaper

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Listening live to an NPR article discussing how conservatives are co-opting social media with the same tactics they use with radio and FOX. If I can find it once it's archived, I'll post it cause it's really good.

Chilling is that they're talking about more authoritarian countries, specifically China, are using it to basically give you a sort of "credit score" only it's directed at how "good a citizen you are' and how much you support the dictator. It's kind of like how in the U.S. everything is mostly driven by advertising and consumerism but in these cases it's more of a loyalty test and effects things like how employable you are and poo poo like that.

Very much like a credit score actually, to the point that having little to no social media presence at all is similar to having no credit cards or debt here in the States.

I could easily see these same methods being applied in the U.S. over time.

EDIT: The guest, Emerson Brooking, was the author of a book called "Like War: The Weaponization of Social Media. Might check it out

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 10, 2018

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Listening live to an NPR article discussing how conservatives are co-opting social media with the same tactics they use with radio and FOX. If I can find it once it's archived, I'll post it cause it's really good.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/09/655824435/the-weaponization-of-social-media-and-its-real-world-consequences is this the one?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

That's it. Thanks

Pro listen

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Woah, a good Fresh Air segment? These are increasingly strange times. Depending on what I've missed on The 1A the last couple days I'll check it out.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

BiggerBoat posted:

That's it. Thanks

Pro listen

A quick version of this, 7 minute youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/1049767242362232833?s=21

I hate these people so much

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm unclear. Is he blaming Gillum for looters or for hurricanes?

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

STAC Goat posted:

fantasizing about shooting a black person stealing toilet paper from an insured corporation

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

STAC Goat posted:

For being such a bad mayor his 'posse' has overrun the city and you can't take a step without getting shot, or leave your house without getting it robbed. Or something.

Plus the shooting black/brown people fantasy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Owning the libs by dying in a hurricane.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This is too beautiful not to share.

We need the guns to protect from rampaging serial killing immortal zombie monsters!

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/SScalpings/status/1049766712474816513

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

SScalpings. Shouldn't it be StS? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004