Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
it’s going to be the longest slowest drip feed of poo poo-tier NES games. and i am HERE FOR IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

at last, Nintendo can cast off the shackles of their past and release Bubble Bath Babes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Who's up for some 1v1 Super Dodgeball or w/e lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Color a Dinosaur, but now an online player can erase the crayons as you color.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
3 nes roms AND a cheat savestate per month? reggie, youre spoilin us

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

3 nes roms AND a cheat savestate per month? reggie, youre spoilin us

lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

oh awesome the Zelda save state easy mode isn't optional at all that's just loving awesome epicsauce

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bolverkur posted:

oh awesome the Zelda save state easy mode isn't optional at all that's just loving awesome epicsauce

Does it replace the version that’s up already? If so that’s insane

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Does it replace the version that’s up already? If so that’s insane

it doesnt im an idiot who didnt look at the epic lineup before posting

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

jokes on me for not perusing the incredible selection of delectable titles like tecmo bowl and baseball

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It is a separate selection, it doesn't replace regular Zelda

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Jesus Christ lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

god drat I just can't contain my excitement for the upcoming Super Mario Bros. 3 special edition that gives you a full inventory of warp whistles, starmen and p-wings

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Evil Eagle posted:

god drat I just can't contain my excitement for the upcoming Super Mario Bros. 3 special edition that gives you a full inventory of warp whistles, starmen and p-wings

grim memories of beating mario 3 as a kid with the game genie code that always gives you hammer suit, and having the game freeze after beating bowser

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

elf help book posted:

grim memories of beating mario 3 as a kid with the game genie code that always gives you hammer suit, and having the game freeze after beating bowser

i think i permanently hosed up my mario 64 save with a gameshark code that took away the lower half of mario's body

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i think i permanently hosed up my mario 64 save with a gameshark code that took away the lower half of mario's body

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

his lower half was probably just in a PU. if you'd spent a couple of days running against a wall, you could have shaved a couple of A presses off your game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

his lower half was probably just in a PU. if you'd spent a couple of days running against a wall, you could have shaved a couple of A presses off your game.

Super Mario 64 - New Record - Wheelchair%

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lol I did something similar with OoT, i gave myself a bunch of Let Kid Link Use Adult Link items and got stuck as a kid in the fire temple and when my cousin left and took his gameshark with him i could never escape, i would load in and then die from heat after 4 seconds

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

looking forward to when Nintendo officially releases the BEN DROWNED Majora's Mask romhack

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i bet you could escape with one of those insane speedrun warp techniques where you like turn link's head into a bomb and then play it like an ocarina

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i definitely somehow hosed up my copy of smash bros with a game shark to where no matter who i picked i could only play as mario

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

Huh the Switch version of TWEWY apparently has a really fun local co-op mode. I never heard that advertised anywhere at all

edit: like not just a side mode, a second player can control the partner character and apparently it changes battle mechanics up significantly

gently caress yeah

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sounds cool, I never played TWEWY

It’s my favorite DS game of all time and has one of the best soundtracks of any video game ever

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

game shark and action replay ruled. i never had one but reading through codes in gaming magazines and thinking about what you could do blew my god drat mind. imagine the wild poo poo a modern game shark could do in botw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bolverkur posted:

game shark and action replay ruled. i never had one but reading through codes in gaming magazines and thinking about what you could do blew my god drat mind. imagine the wild poo poo a modern game shark could do in botw

this, but even longer

https://i.imgur.com/YZnOwoI.mp4

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

putting in a code to have an unbreakable shield that keeps on surfing on every possible surface going constantly forward. putting in another code to turn every enemy into a Guardian to experience apocalyptic Hyrule.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
N64 game shark was incredibly epic

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

N64 game shark was incredibly epic

I like how a good 70% of them were defective and would brick and the only way to fix them was to put another GameShark on top of it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
As a U/X designer, the new Zelda SPECIAL edition is giving me the shakes. It's literally just a desktop shortcut to load a save state and instead of putting it cleanly under the menu options for LoZ they just made a 2nd entry and just slapped a big SPECIAL badge on the box art.

They 100% did it to try and pad the terrible lineup of games and it's so poorly and lazily done (it literally drops you into the middle of the game) I can't handle it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I did this with Rogue Squadron somehow and it loving sucked because it was one of my favorite games. I didn't even realize it was possible to brick a game like that.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

American McGay posted:

As a U/X designer, the new Zelda SPECIAL edition is giving me the shakes. It's literally just a desktop shortcut to load a save state and instead of putting it cleanly under the menu options for LoZ they just made a 2nd entry and just slapped a big SPECIAL badge on the box art.

They 100% did it to try and pad the terrible lineup of games and it's so poorly and lazily done (it literally drops you into the middle of the game) I can't handle it.

I knew the NES games were gonna be kinda lazy but I had no idea it was gonna be this bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The fact that the music is mid loop is just the cherry on top.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

instead of remappable controls theyre gonna add seperate box for each game with a different button scheme

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I wonder whose game we're continuing

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

way back in like 2002 i torrented a huge collection of ROMs that included alternate versions and hacks and used to keep them all in the same place, so half the time when i loaded up Dragon Warrior, i didn't realize i was accidentally playing the hilarious sex edit until i stopped fighting my first group of slimes and found all the weapon names in the store were replaced with like "DILDO" and "LUBE" or whatever, and i'd have to start over. looking forward to the official nintendo release of Super Hornio Bros, with a big fat SPECIAL thrown on the box art.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

instead of remappable controls theyre gonna add seperate box for each game with a different button scheme

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

an actual dog posted:

I wonder whose game we're continuing

It’s Gunpei Yokoi’s, captured at the exact moment of his death when a masked Shigeru Miyamoto ran him down

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

The fact that the music is mid loop is just the cherry on top.

Lol oh man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

jesus lol