Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

weird Asian candy posted:

Yeah, this was my thought but then it crossed my mind that I may be overvaluing them which is why I asked.

My end of bench stuff (only 4 bench slots) IS Lewis and Thompson lol

Then disregard. I wouldn't cut either of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I dont believe in Do Not Draft lists because there is always value in a guy if he falls far enough in a snake or is cheap enough in an auction. But Leonard Fournette is making me re-evaluate this policy.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

coronaball posted:

I dont believe in Do Not Draft lists because there is always value in a guy if he falls far enough in a snake or is cheap enough in an auction. But Leonard Fournette is making me re-evaluate this policy.

I had McKinnon and McCoy on mine and they fell so far as to be "worth it" in one league.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Spoeank posted:

Missed two weeks, played 24 snaps, and was out again with the same injury. The Jaguars are playing the long game on the season, especially given that Yeldon and Grant did fine with Fournette gone. Two weeks and a reinjury so bad he was ruled out midgame tells me the Jags should be more cautious the second time around. That means at least three weeks. The fourth week is a London game, which they will probably leave him home for just to play it safe. Then it's their bye. I doubt we see 4nets until week 10.

https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/1050076301414080514

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

coronaball posted:

I started that list with Amari Cooper last year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Stills is the right call. You'll never use him.

I dropped his worthless rear end for a concussed Gerronimo Allison, such is my belief in his usage rate.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

New rule of thumb for me this year is keep a backup an extra week past the starter's return date. I would still have Yeldon right now

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

coronaball posted:

Never draft running backs from Detroit or the Jets. Never draft WR or RB from the Patriots.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

New rule of thumb for me this year is keep a backup an extra week past the starter's return date. I would still have Yeldon right now

Same

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I had to blow my #1 waiver to get Yeldon back after dropping him. :sigh:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I dropped him for 2 amazing weeks of Giovanni Bernard so it doesn't sting too badly but still...

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

1 PPR. Dalvin Cook & Adam Thielan for Melvin Gordon & Kerryon Johnson. Thoughts?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

RisqueBarber posted:

1 PPR. Dalvin Cook & Adam Thielan for Melvin Gordon & Kerryon Johnson. Thoughts?

Melvin Gordon is too valuable in PPR. You'll need more than Cook in this trade or just say no.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

And someone dropped Austin Ekeler. :getin:

Someone just dropped him in my total points league, where I happen to own Gordon and am lacking in RB depth, already. How much of my $100 budget should I consider bidding? No PPR.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

DeepDickPizza posted:

Someone just dropped him in my total points league, where I happen to own Gordon and am lacking in RB depth, already. How much of my $100 budget should I consider bidding? No PPR.

If you have $0 bids teddy KGB that bitch

(Not actually but 50%+ isnt out of the question)

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Ok, is it time to drop Doyle? TEs are very slim pickings, but I don’t think he’s worth a stash at this point. I have Watson who has been fine, but is on a bye this week so I need to address this situation. Swaim is available in my league (again, slim pickings) and was going to drop Doyle for Swaim.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Anti-Hero posted:

Ok, is it time to drop Doyle? TEs are very slim pickings, but I don’t think he’s worth a stash at this point. I have Watson who has been fine, but is on a bye this week so I need to address this situation. Swaim is available in my league (again, slim pickings) and was going to drop Doyle for Swaim.

I mean if you have an IR slot, keep Doyle. But he's probably not playing this week so if you don't have one, drop him. I think Ebron has overtaken him anyways.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So in my work league, I just beat the biggest poo poo talker in the group. Today, I had to put a stack of papers on his desk. On each paper is a post it note. As he reads through the stack of papers, it reads out the speech Batman gives Superman in The Dark Knight Returns. I can't wait to see his reaction.

For those not as nerdy as me, the speech is..

I want you to remember, Clark. In all the years to come, in your most private moments, I want you to remember, my hand, at your throat, I want you to remember, the one man who beat you.

Nothing more fun than being in leagues where people get creative with trash talk.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Unless he’s a giant nerd too his reaction will probably be to give you a wedgie.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RCarr posted:

Unless he’s a giant nerd too his reaction will probably be to give you a wedgie.

"What are all these post-its? Who's Clark?"

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Sataere posted:

So in my work league, I just beat the biggest poo poo talker in the group. Today, I had to put a stack of papers on his desk. On each paper is a post it note. As he reads through the stack of papers, it reads out the speech Batman gives Superman in The Dark Knight Returns. I can't wait to see his reaction.

For those not as nerdy as me, the speech is..

I want you to remember, Clark. In all the years to come, in your most private moments, I want you to remember, my hand, at your throat, I want you to remember, the one man who beat you.

Nothing more fun than being in leagues where people get creative with trash talk.

He's probably telling other people "I lost to the biggest nerd in the league."

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

quote:

Eric Ebron (shin, quad, ankle, knee) did not practice on Wednesday.

lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Can't they just put "his whole loving leg"

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I once got a Yahoo alert of "Brandon Marshall (everything) questionable"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Eric Ebron (poo poo's all hosed up from the waist down) - Questionable

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Back in my day that would be a Probable tag

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

pubic works project posted:

I mean if you have an IR slot, keep Doyle. But he's probably not playing this week so if you don't have one, drop him. I think Ebron has overtaken him anyways.

We do have IR, but we can’t throw players on there until they are designated IR. So I guess I’ll need to drop something to grab an actual TE. I’m thinking of keeping Watson (but he’s on bye) and dropping the LAC DST as I’m starting HOU. How’s that sound?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

drat, y'all are no fun. Nobody does over the top trash talk in their leagues? Of course it's stupid. The best trash talk is always silly.

Inspector_666 posted:

This made me laugh.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So I suggested to my wife that she pick up Ronald Jones in case its finally his time to shine. It won't be.

Who should she drop? 14 team, 1PPR league.

Jordy Nelson
Pierre Garcon
Taywan Taylor
Kenny Stills

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

drat, y'all are no fun. Nobody does over the top trash talk in their leagues? Of course it's stupid. The best trash talk is always silly.

This made me laugh.

Yea trash talk is fine. Quoting lovely movies that people probably haven't seen is nerdy.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

pubic works project posted:

So I suggested to my wife that she pick up Ronald Jones in case its finally his time to shine. It won't be.

Who should she drop? 14 team, 1PPR league.

Jordy Nelson
Pierre Garcon
Taywan Taylor
Kenny Stills

I actually think RoJo is a good add, and I think he'll take that job going forward. Taylor is probably my drop there but Garcon and Stills are garbagemen too.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

Yea trash talk is fine. Quoting lovely movies that people probably haven't seen is nerdy.

In the words of Sammy Davis, Jr. - I gotta be me. :v:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Spoeank posted:

Eric Ebron (poo poo's all hosed up from the waist down) - Questionable

Eric Ebron (head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes) - Doubtful

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Inspector_666 posted:

This made me laugh as well.

Ebron Q (belly button down) is still better than 2017 Diggs Q (tooth)

What happened to the goon fantasy site from last year with the puzzles, “funny” articles, news & tidbits?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The worst I ever saw was "anal fissures" in baseball.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Devonta Freeman recovered from his injury in time to get a whole new injury

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1050139949469720577

Alfalfa posted:

This made me laugh as well.

Ebron Q (belly button down) is still better than 2017 Diggs Q (tooth)

What happened to the goon fantasy site from last year with the puzzles, “funny” articles, news & tidbits?

still exists, but we don't post in the thread anymore

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 10, 2018

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Poque posted:

The worst I ever saw was "anal fissures" in baseball.

Goddamn why would anyone ever release that info. It's infinitely better to even just put "butt stuff."

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Spoeank posted:

Devonta Freeman recovered from his injury in time to get a whole new injury

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1050139949469720577

:rip:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Tried to trade Greg Olsen for Fournette. He countered with Fournette for Michael Thomas. I dont think we're gonna find a middle ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008
I need to pick up a defense. So who's the drop here?

Bench

WR: Cooper Kupp, Allen Robinson, Keke Coutee
RB: Javorius Allen, Dalvin Cook, Nyheim Hines, Corey Clement