Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

Nintendo is trying to leverage the 100 million users to play Pokemon GO into the Switch ecosystem by locking a cool new Pokemon behind Pokemon Let's GO integration.
Basically the same as having two different versions of the same game with different exclusive pokemom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I can't believe the only Zelda games you can play on Switch are BOTW and these ancient rear end NES games.
Twilight Princess and Wind Waker already have HD remakes ready Nintendo you scum 😡😡😡😭

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

bowmore posted:

Basically the same as having two different versions of the same game with different exclusive pokemom

....no it isn't?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I can't believe the only Zelda games you can play on Switch are BOTW and these ancient rear end NES games.
Twilight Princess and Wind Waker already have HD remakes ready Nintendo you scum 😡😡😡😭

Hyrule Warriors

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TaurusOxford posted:

....no it isn't?
it's the same model

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Hyrule Warriors

:greenangel:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Augus posted:

Legend of Zelda : Link Commits Tax Fraud

Legend of Zelda: Sentence of Time

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Same

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Does the Famicom app have Zelda 1 SP?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if nintendo wanted people to play an easier and more fun zelda than vanilla zelda 1 they should've started with snes games and released lttp

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Buy me BullShit Zelda or go to Hell.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I missed the red joy con deal on Amazon! :mad: Do joy cons go on sale much? I need to pick up another set for MP since we can't use the pro controller.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
When you goons try the missing pls report asap here with your reviews because I'm hyped and want to know if it's good.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Z1 is kinda hard but mostly because the movement and sword combat is kind of rear end compared to LttP-onwards.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Zibidibodel posted:

A comment on the article says it's not in steam or switch store :( maybe just not *yet*?

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/10/02/mega-man-30th-anniversary-bundle-all-platforms-60-dollars/

i cant find it anywhere either which is a bummer.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Would really prefer that on switch. Lame.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Probably because they actually know they'll respawn in short order.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Zibidibodel posted:

So then it's the hardest game BEFORE Zelda II?

Zelda I is the hardest Zelda game to come out before Zelda II.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

That's neat but I always play through Zelda without getting the sword until facing Gannon and this would kill my gimmick.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-3RezAox3M

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Also, the easiest.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

lol they added titty jiggle

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the video is so long i thought she was gonna turn into a skeleton but nooo

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Missed starfox chat a few pages back, but that level in Starfox 64 where you’re in a tank, bit by bit destroying a massive armored train was so rad. Macbeth i think it was called

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Missed starfox chat a few pages back, but that level in Starfox 64 where you’re in a tank, bit by bit destroying a massive armored train was so rad. Macbeth i think it was called

My favorite was the Katina mission that was like Independence Day. That poo poo blew my mind as a 10 year old.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I plugged in my Pro Controller to charge it and now the blue light ring around the home button that normally never turns on is permanently on even when the controller is turned off.

Neat.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I seriously am failing googling that $60 megaman collection and if it's coming to switch. If anybody can out google me, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise will buy it ps4 and be sad at the controller I'm playing it on.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

bowmore posted:

it's the same model

Yes it is bc they're splitting the generation model to have one pair for "Pokemon go players" and a different pair (the next year?) For "core Pokemon players".

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

TaurusOxford posted:

....no it isn't?

GenericGirlName posted:

Yes it is bc they're splitting the generation model to have one pair for "Pokemon go players" and a different pair (the next year?) For "core Pokemon players".

QUOTED THE WRONG POST. Sorry.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm starting to get really sucked in to Monster Hunter Generations U. Prowler mode is awesome, but a quick question... what the gently caress do I do with all these items I'm gathering? My cats can't use them, and while I could sell them for money I have fucktons of money from simply completing quests.

I guess you're supposed to swap back and forth between Hunter and prowler, using the items you gathered as a prowler while playing as a Hunter, but... I really like playing as Bell, my fuzzy pink ball of claws and destruction, and don't really see the point of playing as a human anymore?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I plugged in my Pro Controller to charge it and now the blue light ring around the home button that normally never turns on is permanently on even when the controller is turned off.

Neat.

Hold the sync button down until it really cuts off. Failing that it's only easy 5 screws to the battery.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Does the pro controller have a firmware update? My joycons recently firmware updated

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

SeANMcBAY posted:

Isn’t that game actually good now?

It is okay. Good would be overselling it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

asecondduck posted:

I'm starting to get really sucked in to Monster Hunter Generations U. Prowler mode is awesome, but a quick question... what the gently caress do I do with all these items I'm gathering? My cats can't use them, and while I could sell them for money I have fucktons of money from simply completing quests.

I guess you're supposed to swap back and forth between Hunter and prowler, using the items you gathered as a prowler while playing as a Hunter, but... I really like playing as Bell, my fuzzy pink ball of claws and destruction, and don't really see the point of playing as a human anymore?
If you ever feel like trying any of the other weapons you'll have a head start with crafting gear v:v:v

It's true that prowler mode sorta breaks the main loop of the game. Typically you're supposed to fight monsters to get materials to make better equipment to fight stronger monsters to get better materials to... you get the deal. If you're just gonna spend the entire game as a cat and never play as a hunter then I guess you could sell the materials for money, but I'd keep them just in case.

Motto posted:

Z1 is kinda hard but mostly because the movement and sword combat is kind of rear end compared to LttP-onwards.
:yeah:

I think Zelda 1 is an amazing game but let's be real, the difficulty almost entirely comes from how clunky it controls and how many of the puzzles/secrets are straight up trial and error.

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 11, 2018

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I forgot how much the sprites flicker in Super Dodge Ball, but I can still crush the single player mode. What a fun game.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Neat.

Is it paired to a PC right now? You can actually change its default state via the Steam interface really easily, I think it defaults to fullbright on first pairing.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Nah, it's just plugged into the Switch dock. I plugged it in and it didn't seem to be charging, so it unplugged it and plugged it back in. Now it's charging and the blue light is on and I have no idea what caused it. Fine with me, because it looks nice.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Bombadilillo posted:

I seriously am failing googling that $60 megaman collection and if it's coming to switch. If anybody can out google me, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise will buy it ps4 and be sad at the controller I'm playing it on.

Nothing has been announced for Switch. My wild speculation is that since it's a retro game collection they just release it later, since if you have 2 choices you're going to buy the handheld capable one over not having it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mega64 posted:

Out of curiosity, what do you find hard about Zelda 2? I've never had an issue with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Resisting the urge to "heal" Link in the towns with lonely young women. My Link must hate human contact or socializing in general because silent protagonists always reflect the player.