Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Gas clouds.

...man this is exciting.

Cloud tax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy, 55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.
While catching up with the thread I kept pondering why all the mystery on price of the new carrier and I think I figured it out.

There is no fixed price. The kraken will be sold only through a sealed-bid auction.

If you're a scammy greedy company with a target market of self-selected cultists what's a better way to raise the most money than to have the true believers just send you as much money as they can to ensure that they have very best ship in the BDSSE? CIG will spend the next 2 weeks shilling the poo poo out of the new ship while emphasizing how it will be available for a limited time only and how it's available in very limited quantities. I bet Clifford will pay $20,000 easily.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

DigitalPenny posted:

have I missed the road to release ? or has it been delayed?

This road to release is full of detours.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Zeond posted:

While catching up with the thread I kept pondering why all the mystery on price of the new carrier and I think I figured it out.

There is no fixed price. The kraken will be sold only through a sealed-bid auction.

If you're a scammy greedy company with a target market of self-selected cultists what's a better way to raise the most money than to have the true believers just send you as much money as they can to ensure that they have very best ship in the BDSSE? CIG will spend the next 2 weeks shilling the poo poo out of the new ship while emphasizing how it will be available for a limited time only and how it's available in very limited quantities. I bet Clifford will pay $20,000 easily.

not only does the Kraken come with Lifetime Insurance but also a Lifetime NDA so you can't reveal the price you paid for it!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Mr.PayDay posted:

https://youtu.be/8iOpkNtocQs

SquidOfLove, a former shill just keeps on firing shots, it’s amazing.
Oh and FailureToReport, great stream again

This was hilarious.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

trucutru posted:

gently caress yeah you should be sorry, scum.

I never argue with someone that posts a graph the facts aren't on my side

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

trucutru posted:

gently caress yeah you should be sorry, scum.

Eagerly anticipating this showing up as an official exhibit in the Crytek case.

Citcon
Aug 31, 2018

by R. Guyovich
It is legit cool that they managed to pass off tossing gary oldman mark hamil's mocap rigs due to contractual sunsetting issues as character model improvements

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

omg space flight in the space game??

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I love that Star Citizen's big convention and new gameplay demo reveal didn't even warrant a blog post on any of the major gaming sites. I don't even see that FOIP story on the front page of PC Gamer anymore. What do I see on the front page of PC Gamer and a couple other sites? Elite Dangerous being played by a cat.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Look everyone. Space, it only took..."looks at watch"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh hey "that took a few months to make"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I like how the LumberYard/Crytek thing looks like the subway station map.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I come back from work to find you gotdamn FUD-spreaders have :justpost: 1500- 1500! new posts.

Did Star Citizen get good while I was gone?

I'm gonna try to get through this stack but 1500 man. I haven't even seen the stream yet. Just wanted to whine a bit before I started.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I come back from work to find you gotdamn FUD-spreaders have :justpost: 1500- 1500! new posts.

I'm gonna try to get through this stack but 1500 man. I haven't even seen the stream yet. Just wanted to whine a bit before I started.

Yep. It's awesome because trains.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

haha these dumbasses

"hey wasn't that a location we saw from SQ42?" " Yeah no its kinda like it but was't it."

SQ42 is ded

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

That's honestly not very much compared to past years. Used to be 500 pages on the day of a big stream. Even the mock thread is losing steam.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

A few funny moments, but I largely feel it was a worse version of last year. Everything feels so tired.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i heard this album was dope

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk Theory posted:

A few funny moments, but I largely feel it was a worse version of last year. Everything feels so tired.

It *is* a worse version, nothing subjective about it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Drunk Theory posted:

It's only going to get worse the more this gets dragged out

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Oh good, new generation of graphics cards discussion.

Release the Kraken bags...

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It's only going to get worse the more this gets dragged out

It'll all come full circle eventually.

2024 it'll be a total team of 7 guys working in front of a laptop on a folding table in their single studio in Austin

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

We're about to start, Lando doing the final shill:
https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

trucutru posted:

It *is* a worse version, nothing subjective about it.

Chris Roberts’ vision of space gaming in finally coming into focus.

:itwaspoo:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Time for Chris Roberts

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Is there a room where we can laugh at whatever poo poo they've cooked up next?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
And we welcome the savior of gaming himself. (what is this music)

Hello Sandi.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Why would Sandi ever need to be out there

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

can someone explain what the gently caress this is supposed to mean?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Are we seriously reviewing memories of the event at the event.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Holy poo poo loving Powerpoint.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Beet Goblin posted:

can someone explain what the gently caress this is supposed to mean?

If you can't blind them with brilliance then baffle them with bullshit

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Holy poo poo loving Powerpoint.

And they are even failing at that.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

There we go, exclusives for ticket-buyers:

Sarsapariller posted:

some squares:

• Prerendered cutscene is passed off as gameplay
  • Sale made exclusively available to people who bought a ticket
  • Livestream fails to start on time, by more than 10 minutes
  • Livestream is plagued by technical failures
  • Obviously heavily scripted in-game demo is performed by live employees with cheesy miltac speak
  • Chris shouts directions at poor beleaguered intern working the in-game camera controls
  • A flashy new feature is demo'd that will never, ever be released
  • A flashy new hardware or third-party app tie-in is demo'd that adds nothing to an already bloated product
  • Citizens do victory laps through this and other "Doubter" threads despite no significant feature release
  • Release (###) is rushed out for the con as a bug-riddled lovely mess, no one notices, it contains no significant features
  • (Free square) New Money Only
  • Chris makes at least one ill-advised new feature promise seemingly out of the blue during his presentation
  • Chris gives at least one obviously false upcoming date and Citizens latch onto it until it passes
  • Somehow the tracker passes 200m, giving them a big round number for shill articles
  • Squadron 42? What's that?
  • Sandi's twitter is composed of nothing but setup/take-down/community photos for the next two weeks, Sandi is not present in any shots
  • All of the sideshow streams are basically devs speculating on systems they have yet to develop
  • A BRAND NEW THING FOR SALE
  • A BRAND NEW THING FOR SALE PT 2

PrimeNerd
Dec 17, 2016
Next slide.....Next slide....NEXT SLIDE....NEXT SLIDE!!!!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

#imdrunkwithsandi

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It takes some skill to fuckup hitting the next slide button

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Every loving time Chris Roberts speaks I get shocked all over again at how much he sounds exactly like a muppet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
!raffle