Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The silver lining to rising sea levels is that it'll swallow up japan pretty quick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Jimmy Hats posted:

The silver lining to rising sea levels is that it'll swallow up japan pretty quick

Not really, Japan is actually pretty mountainous and its major cities are quite above sea level. Tokyo for instance is on average 40m asl (compared to NYCs average of 10 or lower Manhattan's of 5 or Miami's 1.9m lmbo). Some parts of their coastal cities could get hit but overall Japan will be fine. Keep in mind that by 2100 the most extreme predictions are suggesting 2 meter rise.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

scamcitizenlol

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Raldikuk posted:

Not really, Japan is actually pretty mountainous and its major cities are quite above sea level. Tokyo for instance is on average 40m asl (compared to NYCs average of 10 or lower Manhattan's of 5 or Miami's 1.9m lmbo). Some parts of their coastal cities could get hit but overall Japan will be fine. Keep in mind that by 2100 the most extreme predictions are suggesting 2 meter rise.

Way to rain on my parade, jackass

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Don't worry, we can still count on it taking Florida out.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

WampaLord posted:

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF gently caress STOP ASSUMING EVERY IDIOT IS BEING IRONIC/FUNNY

He's just a loving moron, he's been a loving moron with every post he makes, it's not irony, it's not "funny", you're defending an idiot because everyone's loving irony meter is broken

I'm not sure what way I'm "defending" them, it's just pretty clear to me that they're making poo poo up to get a rise out of everybody, and boy howdy does it seem to have worked.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGCaACqy1Ro

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

These kind of videos don't work well without the plodding crappy public domain How It's Made music :colbert:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah it's a loving bummer but the rich will never give up their poo poo voluntarily at this point

I mean, the downside to the otherwise :krad: idea of killing the rich is that a loving huge amount of the "capital" that keeps things "working" at this point is completely made up bullshit, and as soon as all the Wall Street fat cats are bereft of heads, people stop believing it exists and things get a little ugly.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Jimmy Hats posted:

If it makes you feel any better Japan is in a demographic decline because alienation has driven the men asexual

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Dreddout posted:

If it makes you feel any better Japan is in a demographic decline because alienation has driven the men asexual

Also they're super duper xenophobic so they have some of the tightest immigration limits on the planet.

I read somewhere their population is losing something like 2000 people per day as people die or move away.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1050144031177695232

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Piell posted:

Jesus, the way that first machine just sprays crab guts everywhere

Also hard lol if you think anything related to that machine remains as clean and pristine as that video shows for more than five minutes.

Nuevo posted:

I mean, the downside to the otherwise :krad: idea of killing the rich is that a loving huge amount of the "capital" that keeps things "working" at this point is completely made up bullshit, and as soon as all the Wall Street fat cats are bereft of heads, people stop believing it exists and things get a little ugly.

Tylerdurdunfightclubspeech.txt

I mean smashing the system and living like an enlightened post civilization caveman sounded cool when I was 17 but I kinda like not dying of tetanus.

Outrail has issued a correction as of 05:04 on Oct 11, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nuevo posted:

So they'll stop being very ugly? Great!

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

Also they're super duper xenophobic so they have some of the tightest immigration limits on the planet.

I read somewhere their population is losing something like 2000 people per day as people die or move away.

the personal xenophobia seems to be draining fast, at least, service industry in urban areas is up near majority working holiday visa, 'play j-e interpreter for the clerk as he rings you out' is a thing i've done more than once

a shame about the institutional 'working holiday, $50k holdings, postgrad, or adult adopted by your spouse's parents' half

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Mandoric posted:

a shame about the institutional 'working holiday, $50k holdings, postgrad, or adult adopted by your spouse's parents' half

What? You... Married your half step sister during a working holiday?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Mandoric posted:

'play j-e interpreter for the clerk as he rings you out' is a thing i've done more than once

Is this a euphemism for getting blowjobs

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nuevo posted:

no matter what "The Left" does upon seizing power, those with capital will do everything in their power to sabotage our economy. Hence the reason to stroll into office with a mass recruiting jobs program centered around restructuring the nation to deal with the worst possible climate change result, and developing our infrastructure and rail systems around this unfortunate reality. Even drunken nightclub comedian Jimmy Dore knows the first key to taking power in American politics is admitting private capital is more concerned with destroying jobs than creating them, and finally acknowledging that public power is the only legitimate power left.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

visa options without fulltime employment sponsor

Shame Boy posted:

Is this a euphemism for getting blowjobs

a euphemism for telling the Turkish or Taiwanese or Aussie convenience store clerk what buttons to press on his register to release the Amazon shipment/concert tickets/it's always been dumb things related to kiosk functions really

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mandoric posted:

visa options without fulltime employment sponsor

a euphemism for telling the Turkish or Taiwanese or Aussie convenience store clerk what buttons to press on his register to release the Amazon shipment/concert tickets/it's always been dumb things related to kiosk functions really

are you telling me I’m going to walk into a Family Mart in Osaka and be served by some drunk mug in a singlet going “konnichiwa, mate!”

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Pirate Radar posted:

are you telling me I’m going to walk into a Family Mart in Osaka and be served by some drunk mug in a singlet going “konnichiwa, mate!”

dude was white, spoke english, didn't say "sorry" after the whole ordeal so he definitely wasn't Canadian, and I didn't smell any lanolin on him. that rules out the other options now, doesn't it?

(this would be a very dumb derail except "immigrate but in a way we don't count you as immigration" is super capitalism.png)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Mandoric posted:

Oh like rings you up, ok, for some reason I legitimately couldn't interpret that in any way other than you were pretending to be a translator but instead getting wrung out by a clerk :v:

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
also in capitalism.png: i'm now getting twitter ads for a service which apparently calls your cable tv company for you and does the "can i shut off service" -> "how about a discount" -> "oh ok" dance, then keeps part of the discount

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Mandoric posted:

also in capitalism.png: i'm now getting twitter ads for a service which apparently calls your cable tv company for you and does the "can i shut off service" -> "how about a discount" -> "oh ok" dance, then keeps part of the discount

oh god it’s like the bitcoin “internet of things” dream where all the computers are talking to each other and negotiating that you won’t get a series of red lights while driving home or the toaster wont self immolate and burn down your house in a form of extorsion

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jel Shaker posted:

oh god it’s like the bitcoin “internet of things” dream where all the computers are talking to each other and negotiating that you won’t get a series of red lights while driving home or the toaster wont self immolate and burn down your house in a form of extorsion

"The future of stock exchanges will be continent-spanning, subterranean computer complexes—one for Goldman Sachs, one for Deutsche Bank and one for UBS—sending each other variations on 'Huh?', 'What?' and 'I didn't say anything' as various stocks, bonds and currencies fluctuate like sine waves with millisecond periods. Mankind will have long perished."

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

"The future of stock exchanges will be continent-spanning, subterranean computer complexes—one for Goldman Sachs, one for Deutsche Bank and one for UBS—sending each other variations on 'Huh?', 'What?' and 'I didn't say anything' as various stocks, bonds and currencies fluctuate like sine waves with millisecond periods. Mankind will have long perished."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyMNIFZTQkg

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

capitalism related, I recall reading somewhere that decades ago 80% of the financial markets were invested in industry, whereas today 80% is just invested in banks and other financial instruments

also that gdp never originally included finance and insurance, but they did to boost gdp of the West despite poor economic growth

that’s not sustainable is it? how did that happen?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jel Shaker posted:

capitalism related, I recall reading somewhere that decades ago 80% of the financial markets were invested in industry, whereas today 80% is just invested in banks and other financial instruments

also that gdp never originally included finance and insurance, but they did to boost gdp of the West despite poor economic growth

that’s not sustainable is it? how did that happen?

I don't actually know but my gut says "Reagan"

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/PimpMasterYoda1/status/1050180594481680384

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LNHYz89sNc

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Man if you're gonna make a novelty pan it should at least be functional.

... unlike PUBG's code!!!!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
looks like cast iron?

lodge company can make them for a fair bit cheaper but they know wtf they're doing operationally. most other cast iron manufacturers have about 40, 50% more operational costs due to shittier economies of scale

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Don't worry, we can still count on it taking Florida out.

Yeah, but that means we lose New Orleans too. That ain't cool.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

licensing is cool and good

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

It better at least be bulletproof...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I saw that the other day. It's a flimsy rear end foam like cheaper than Nerf weapon quality. But PubG

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
ah gently caress, not cast iron, ok, its stupid

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

So the warning not to shake violently or swing it around is more having to do with it instantly snapping in half rather than a risk of actually hitting anyone, great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

lmao