Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

i found da post

Goblin Slayer is bad because the way it treats goblins is basically the same way every piece of genocidal propaganda treats their subject of choice, only instead of jews or Africans or Muslims it's goblins, which does the exact same job of normalizing dehumanizing hate except with an extra layer of smug deniability

Absolutely right. If you ever lurk /a/ or :reddit:, the common response is "do you feel bad for goblins?"

No, it's just

some guy posted:

They're coming after our women and need to be exterminated, only a true hero would advocate genocide

sounds a biiit like propaganda.

poo poo, I like fantasy violence. But this one doesn't even bother to put away the crosses and rebel flags.

chumbler posted:

Watch the good goblin helping show instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nazgul posted:

I wish I could make things better than they are.
you ever think about like, writing the trailing last words of a indie sadboy rap album

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Conception is definitely a rushed adaptation with the MC picking the goofy dialogue choices. Even with all that was going on I don't think there was a single panty shot. (Disclaimer: the placeholder credits had some naked shilouettes in the first minute)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
not op but yea honestly

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014
Actually, sorry if wrong thread but is there any feel-good anime in the recent past, like A place further than the universe?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

KomeradeCanadian posted:

Actually, sorry if wrong thread but is there any feel-good anime in the recent past, like A place further than the universe?
Laid-back camp / Yuru Camp, my good fellow! It's currently battling with the aforementioned A Place Further than the Universe as my AOTY. It's in Crunchyroll too.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
that's a high bar narrative-wise, but Yuru Camp and Harukana Receive were pretty good anime this year about teenage girls growing up and learning to express themselves through club activites. Anima Yell has that potential this season as well.

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014
Thank you!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Older, but both seasons of New Game and Recovery of an MMO Junkie are fairly feel-good anime.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The anime of Hakumei & Mikochi definitely fits too

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Monthy Girls Nozaki-kun is my go to feel good show, but that's an outright comedy

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

Monthy Girls Nozaki-kun is my go to feel good show, but that's an outright comedy
I wish I had a big version of the "Do it for her" with Mikoshiba, but every version I find is really small. :negative:

But yeah, Nozaki-kun is FAN-drat-TASTIC. Also ditto to Space rec'd Harukana Receive a show that, despite the heavy fanservice, was still super well-realized for the most part. :3:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also Yama no Susume (Encouragement of Climb)!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Julias posted:

Also Yama no Susume (Encouragement of Climb)!
epic this

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Knorth posted:

Oh, speaking of, the cat ears show got a fansub too if anyone else was interested in that

Ooh, who's got it?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Ooh, who's got it?

https://twitter.com/Glenn_Sucks

they just use Glenn as their group name

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
2nd episode also v cute :3:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 11, 2018

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

plz watch Non Non Biyori thank you

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
lol

https://twitter.com/Glenn_Sucks/status/1029070349240020994

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Ok, Goblin Slayer discussion containment thread is up.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Posting about it here or anywhere else is now illegal.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

about what

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Motto posted:

about what

The television movie, IT.

You can talk about 1408 though.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Random comfy anime recommendations:

-Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid aka My Big Gay Dragon Family
-Flying Witch
-New Game
-Tanaka-Kun is Always Restless
-Non Non Biyori
-Encouragement of Climb
-Hanayamata
-Aria the Animation

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
finally, the galaxy is at peace

but if even a particle of the contagion pierces the defense matrix.....

:blastu:

(thank you for making this!)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The only goblins I wanna be seein' around these parts is Thanksgiving dinner.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sharkopath posted:

[thread devolves into us exposing our blood to open flames to see which one of us watched goblin slayer]

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

God bless you AHL, that sounds like a tough thread to make and the odds of people just coming by to take dumps on it are very high.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

[thread devolves into us exposing our blood to open flames to see which one of us watched goblin slayer]

They touched a heated up wire to the blood.....

*turns and studies you intensely*

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
poo poo!! I thought I remembered it being a blow torch

well that's another one to watch this month

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Was early on in the write up for my own version of the thread, but you got it made faster. Thanks!

Sharkopath posted:

:yeah:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Jagged Jim posted:

Random comfy anime recommendations:

-Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid aka My Big Gay Dragon Family
-Flying Witch
-New Game
-Non Non Biyori
-Encouragement of Climb
-Hanayamata
-Aria the Animation

I rate this list ~75% non-questionable, dunno about hanayamata

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motto posted:

Hanayamata is good and wholesome and loudly colorful.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There was a nationwide colour shortage after Hanayamata

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Agronox posted:

God bless you AHL, that sounds like a tough thread to make and the odds of people just coming by to take dumps on it are very high.

brb, gonna go take a dump in the goblin slayer thread

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Jagged Jim posted:

What? No. Tanaka-kun is never restless. This is an imposter.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

StandardVC10 posted:

What? No. Tanaka-kun is never restless. This is an imposter.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Motto posted:

manga time kirara show about girls who start a club for a type of traditional Japanese festival dancing, Yosakoi. the show looks gorgeous 'cause its by the yorimoi director and she loving loves colorful palettes in a show. this works really well with girls in festival clothes dancing under a summer moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW5CxoWQnvM

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Release the Spyce was pretty good. The only real problem I had with it was solved when the show revealed that their gun handgun was a neuralizer and not an actual gun. Cause before that the whole seeming execution of mister flamboyant security guard was a bit uncomfortable.

Double Decker had many elements that made me want to like it, but failed to ever get everything together in a cohesive way. Just kind of a mess, hope that improves with further episodes and finding its voice better.

I have no idea the quality of Himote House because it was a dreaded victim of low effort subtitles in a comedy series, rending the comedy completely indecipherable. Like aha I get the Jo Jo reference there, but no idea how the previous sentence was supposed to lead into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Terrible Opinions posted:

I have no idea the quality of Himote House because it was a dreaded victim of low effort subtitles in a comedy series, rending the comedy completely indecipherable. Like aha I get the Jo Jo reference there, but no idea how the previous sentence was supposed to lead into it.

It wasn't.