Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

idk could be a lil of both
Mike was maybe a lil burned out on naive dorks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
Which is ironic because Gale wound up being the perfect employee.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Theoretically Werner can still cause problems for them because Lalo likely has a good deal of his information from the money wire store.

Probably won’t amount to anything, but that’s more motivation for Gus to kill him is that Lalo knows he exists and is doing some work for him.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

E: Ok so I'm a little confused as to why Jimmy was on the scholarship panel in the first place.

I believe it was a tiny bone Howard threw him after Chuck’s meager will.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

OctaviusBeaver posted:

I've never heard of a scholarship that does a background check. Wouldn't her records be sealed anyway since it's a minor? Maybe she mentioned it in her essay for some reason.

the whole scene's format is people being introduced through their prestigious backgrounds without saying a word, it's not difficult to find 4.0 students in high school, the only 'selling point' any of these kids have is their history

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

a new study bible! posted:

It's honestly not all that unrealistic. I had to go into the ceiling once to help someone unlock their office. Yeah, it's goofy how silent it was, but the dude is behind glass.

You can totally go up right next to the wall then over and down. That woulda been great, could even use the counter and window edges to climb. Cause yeah the walls only come up a foot or two over the ceiling.

What you can’t do is put any weight on the tiles or frame that supports them. Can’t navigate a building up there. It’s like when you walk in an attic and have to walk on the beams. But there are no beams. And the ceiling is a hundred times weaker.

Ain’t no walkways or supports up there. Hvac ducts won’t support oh either.

Source: 1,000 hours running cabling above drop ceilings, and getting super pissed off when I accidentally bump the ceiling and break it in three places.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
after watching gale be so excited to become a meth kingpin i no longer have any sympathy for him getting shot in the head in BB. In BB he's just this adorable nerd who is also kind of interested in cooking meth for some cash. In this one he comes off as being really, really into cooking meth regardless.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Doorknob Slobber posted:

after watching gale be so excited to become a meth kingpin i no longer have any sympathy for him getting shot in the head in BB. In BB he's just this adorable nerd who is also kind of interested in cooking meth for some cash. In this one he comes off as being really, really into cooking meth regardless.

Pretty sure in BB he told Walter he was doing it as a libertarian “gently caress you” to the man.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Annabel Pee posted:

One bit that comes to mind of Walt being a really bad liar is in S2 I think when Walt tells Skylar the second phone was just an alarm he set on his normal one or something, she doesn't buy it for one second.

Which comes after a long period of Walt constantly acting in small suspicious ways and building up a gigantic, delicately balanced structure of deception that not even the greatest liar could have sustained indefinitely. It's not that it wasn't a good lie. It was a great lie, actually. It's just that it wasn't a good enough lie to fool Skyler.

Walt really was good at what he did. There's no way around that.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

GigaPeon posted:

Pretty sure in BB he told Walter he was doing it as a libertarian “gently caress you” to the man.

"Men with guns" is the libertarians one secret weakness Walter learned and exploited.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Peeny Cheez posted:

Bob Odenkirk is pretty much always just Bob Odenkirk.

I just want them to write more excuses for him to yell God drat it!

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Theoretically Werner can still cause problems for them because Lalo likely has a good deal of his information from the money wire store.

Probably won’t amount to anything, but that’s more motivation for Gus to kill him is that Lalo knows he exists and is doing some work for him.

He told Lalo that Gus is building a secret bunker, and told him Mike’s name. It was a good day for him.

BringBackATV
Jan 1, 2002
Rainbow Rider
Surprised no one else has thought of this yet - in the flash forward scene where Saul gives Francesca a number for a lawyer with instructions to "say Jimmy sent you", that we all assumed was Kim at first .... maybe it's actually Kristie the shoplifter, and further maybe she will get Gene out of trouble further down the line?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't think Lalo knows for sure it's a secret underground bunker. Werner told him they were ready to pour a concrete wall. That could be anywhere.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

RE: People doubting Lalo's ability to crawl...He's a Salamanca. He's had some practice.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Baronjutter posted:

"Men with guns" is the libertarians one secret weakness Walter learned and exploited.

I guess the free market decided he should be shot in the goddamn face

Also if anyone still feels bad bout gale don't forget he went to Thailand as proven by the karaoke vid

And we all know why libertarians go there

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I don't think Lalo knows for sure it's a secret underground bunker. Werner told him they were ready to pour a concrete wall. That could be anywhere.

Maybe not underground bunker, but he definitely knows Gus is secretly building something related to his REAL business. Why else would he be using his criminal empire employees to track down this German engineer? If Gus were just building a new Pollos Hermanos location, he has ample legal means to do so.b1

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
In the cold open I was like "huh, Chuck has a good singing voice" and then I remembered where I've heard him sing before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDgCmzh5ao&t=20s

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Would that trick Mike uses to gum up the parkade gate ticket reader actually work?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

Would that trick Mike uses to gum up the parkade gate ticket reader actually work?

Is there a solid reason why it wouldn't? Gum detection sensors?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

AndyElusive posted:

I think it would just spit it back in and out a few times before it broke and really gummed up.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Last Chance posted:

Is there a solid reason why it wouldn't? Gum detection sensors?

:shrug:

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I mean 'gum up the works' isn't an idiom for no reason

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Baronjutter posted:

I think it was more Gus accurately understanding that Mike had become close with Werner and probably didn't want to kill him, and was probably a tiny bit disappointed at mike. Gus doesn't just straight up kill every valuable asset that disappoints him in the slightest, only when he needs to. If anything, he uses failings as leverage to get more out of a person (like poor Nacho)

I like your read here.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Chronicles posted:

RE: People doubting Lalo's ability to crawl...He's a Salamanca. He's had some practice.

I thought this was going to be one of the Cousins crawling after Hank crushes him with the car which was so drat intense.

What was the deal with them crawling to this shrine again? Was it like a saint if murder or something, I forget.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

BringBackATV posted:

Surprised no one else has thought of this yet - in the flash forward scene where Saul gives Francesca a number for a lawyer with instructions to "say Jimmy sent you", that we all assumed was Kim at first .... maybe it's actually Kristie the shoplifter, and further maybe she will get Gene out of trouble further down the line?

There's a reason nobody brought that up...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

sticksy posted:

I thought this was going to be one of the Cousins crawling after Hank crushes him with the car which was so drat intense.

What was the deal with them crawling to this shrine again? Was it like a saint if murder or something, I forget.

I'm trying to remember if it was the same saint of drug dealers hanks dea partner had a statue of

I think it was some other obscure one

like the sainr of murder

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It occurs to me that Speed Levitch should guest star on this show

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm trying to remember if it was the same saint of drug dealers hanks dea partner had a statue of

I think it was some other obscure one

like the sainr of murder
Here it is

wikia posted:

Men and women crawl on their bellies up a dusty, adobe-lined desert road. A Mercedes stops alongside the crawling sacrificial procession. Two men exit the car; both wear well-cut suits and cowboy boots tipped with silver skulls. They look so alike, they might be brothers, even twins, but we will come to know them as "the Cousins." They too begin to crawl with the others. The procession winds to a candlelit shrine to Santa Muerte, a skulled Mexican deity representing death. The two men rise to their feet. One makes an offering; the other pins something to the shrine: a crude sketch of Heisenberg.
Re-reading that again just reminded me that BB has the best cold opens ever.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

sticksy posted:

Men and women crawl on their bellies up a dusty, mushroom-lined desert road. A Mercedes stops alongside the crawling sacrificial procession. Two men exit the car; both wear well-cut coveralls and cowboy boots tipped with silver mushrooms. They look so God drat like the same person, they might be brothers, even twins, but we will come to know them as "Mario twins." They crawl to a crude sketch of an ice cream cone, both of them say yes, how in the hell?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Full name Our Lady of Holy Death and has pre-colonial mesoamerican origins. A cool deity imo

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Baronjutter posted:

Men and women crawl on their bellies up a dusty, mushroom-lined desert road. A Mercedes stops alongside the crawling sacrificial procession. Two men exit the car; both wear well-cut coveralls and cowboy boots tipped with silver mushrooms. They look so God drat like the same person, they might be brothers, even twins, but we will come to know them as "Mario twins." They crawl to a crude sketch of an ice cream cone, both of them say yes, how in the hell?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Baronjutter posted:

But if one of your fellow pillars of the community makes a mistake we should go light on them because it would be so unjust to ruin the life of a good person over one little mistake.

Chuck stole that lady's newspaper and he gets a giant tombstone :argh:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Chuck only didn't collect those two cops' jobs because he was too embarrassed to air the whole thing in public.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Idgi is this from something

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

:lol: thank you for this, I hadn't thought of Group X in 10 years or so.

(They're also from my hometown and saw them perform in comic stores /hipster)

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

I don't know why they bothered to write Nacho and his plot into the show only to seemingly ignore/sideline him entirely.
He's got a really compelling plot going on, it just wasn't relevant to the finale. I mean Lalo was also barely relevant to the finale, but I guess they gotta build up Mike's rival, while we already know what Nacho's deal is.

Nacho's story is good, and it's neat because it's largely been told without words. He doesn't have anyone to really talk to, but we know exactly what's up, post-Salamanca: He wants out. Between Gus and the Salamancas, he just wants out. But he's got to basically run the Salamanca operation in New Mexico. He spends all his earnings like the crime boss he's been set up as- a huge house, flashy red car, women- so no one suspects what he's up to. But he's been slowly skimming and saving up this last year. He's made solid progress to stockpiling enough to escape with his father and a pile of cash to start new lives.

He's brutal to the people below him because he'll be blamed if the revenue stream looks fishy, and the last thing he wants is a careful look at the money flow, because the only way he's going to get away is putting away a bit at a time. But then here comes Lalo, who's "good with numbers". Despite his best efforts Nacho is suspected. How is he going to get out of this one? That's really his season cliffhanger, even though it happened two episodes ago.

It's really a good plot, and absolutely none of it was explained, and I kind of like that.

I also can't really blame them for putting it on the back burner while Jimmy becomes Saul and Mike becomes Mike. They weren't at a point where there was going to be progress on that front, so it just kind of faded away in the last couple episodes. I'm anxiously looking forward to where it goes, and they clearly haven't forgotten about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Based on what we know from BB, Lalo is still alive, and Nacho might not be, as they are definitely enemies later on.

So if Mike is Lalo's rival, he won't be "beating" or killing him. Unless they do it during BB era.