Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

ZenMaster posted:

OK GOONS

:siren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LN0TsXLcfc :siren:

Citcon 2018, low lights reel, for those who missed it or don't want to watch for 2 hours.

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

People on /r/games are loving INTO the Squadron 42 trailer.

This fella seems to be especially into it, calling it the next Mass Effect. Shame he's not exactly familiar with CIG's scheduling though...

Yeah, six months of polish is all this turdburger needs to come out...

E: holy gently caress that ZenMaster video. This game looks so bad. The flight model looks awful, the gunplay doesn't look fun in the least. All they have are graphics and even those aren't THAT great.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Oct 11, 2018

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

4chan posted:

if you prefer ed props to you but sc is as much out and playable as ed

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

"The GoonFUD is the world that's been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth!"

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/1050278759671222272

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

lmao "thanks for giving us some 3d-printed garbage for our free labor in your multi-million dollar scam"

they deserve everything they'll get from this project

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Der Shovel posted:

This fella seems to be especially into it, calling it the next Mass Effect. Shame he's not exactly familiar with CIG's scheduling though...

E: holy gently caress that ZenMaster video. This game looks so bad. The flight model looks awful, the gunplay doesn't look fun in the least. All they have are graphics and even those aren't THAT great.

People who know nothing about SC, can be easily impressed by just a trailer, and don't look too hard for actual gameplay could be impressed by the trailer.
Backers who are desperate to justify the cash they dropped on this pile also have to be impressed, whether they like it or not.

Both these groups of people deserve the steamin' dump they will eventually get. If ever.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_MhC4mQaGc

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Der Shovel posted:

6 months for CIG to put in all the planets, stations, ships, get the tech working, and more..... because S42 depends on a lot of tech and assets from SC.

If SQ42 releases as a decent game in 6 months, ill eat a pie. I like pies.

However, maybe these walking around videos and cutscenes are preparing everyone that SQ42 will not be much of a space sim, but more of a playable movie with riding trains and walking around. Perhaps some space bits with dogfights in limited areas, with no free roam... hmm, that might be a bit more realistic.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Who is tracking funding by the way? How does today's sales compare with those of previous years?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Agony Aunt posted:

Who is tracking funding by the way? How does today's sales compare with those of previous years?

boviscopophobic posted:

Citcon revenue update and comparison to previous years.

Usually I mark the start time of the sale by looking for a very obvious upward spike in funding. For this year, there was a small spike at 16:05 UTC right at the start of the con, and a larger spike at 19:30 UTC which presumably marked something becoming available. To forestall any possible objections from Citizens I have presented revenue plots for 2018 using both start times.

It's too early to call it right now, but we might need to release the Kraken posthaste.

SomethingFrosty
Aug 30, 2018

Flower Power Commando Farmer

This is like talking politics in the UK at the moment. Shilling his arse off for a thing he doesn't appear to know much about, can't explain and has no evidence for

So excited about the Hurston drop. It promises to be at the least really pretty, can't knock that.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

This years concept is half the price of the last couple, so it's not surprising that there is a big drop in funding.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Looks like FacewareTech's twitter abruptly stopped posting hype tweets about their tech and switched to two equally stupid shilling tweets for Crobbear's Con before finally shutting the hell up. Probably due to the fiasco that FOIP was during the demo.

https://twitter.com/FacewareTech/status/1050094019878023173

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Taintrunner posted:

After six years, the Star Citizen/SQ42 music is still horrifically loving unoriginal. I'd like to link some actually good videogame music below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaIo82uT0qs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egn_VNVKzI4

Also as far as videogame mecha/jet mercenary campaigns go, I'm getting a kick out of the mercenary campaign for Nato Fighters 5, which requires Strike Fighters 2, and replaying Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries, which is still a masterpiece.

In this vein:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdvymduAbtc

And holy wow that low light reel.. That was their controlled demo?!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Gejnor posted:

In this vein:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdvymduAbtc

And holy wow that low light reel.. That was their controlled demo?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vc-XkZJ8kU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Still doesn't mention that CIG already (last December) made the promise to release the roadmap early 2018. And then they didn't, because Crobbear absolved himself.

This joke is already a year old.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
It's amazing how little interest in SQ42 there is. Only 11,000 watched the Livestream, and the Trailer has racked up only 90,000 views since it was released.

In contrast, the Cyberpunk footage was watched by 300,000 people live, and racked up millions of views in it's first 24 hours.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
where is 3.3?

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Except, of course, that it's not a release date for a release date. It's a release date for yet another "roadmap", which will turn out to be every bit as disconnected from reality as all the other roadmaps have been.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/1050223114729267200

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

I think the standard of mental health care across the western world in 2018 is very poor.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

biglads posted:

I think the standard of mental health care across the western world in 2018 is very poor.

Based on the number of cartoon fans around here. I agree.

Haven't seen the keynote or any of the discussions from CitCon yet, but the two ship commercials were very well done.

I wasn't expecting the one for the Kraken to be that entertaining.

EvilMerlin fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Oct 11, 2018

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This is the best news of the year, Lethality not endorsing Cyberpunk 2077

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

canepazzo posted:

Definitely a good sign.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

boviscopophobic posted:

So in addition to higher-level ships having higher prices (which is reasonable), it is more inefficient to grind for them even on a proportional basis. One might almost say that this confers an advantage to those who purchase ships with cash -- almost as if, in some sense, they were able to PAY in order to WIN. :thunk:

Presumably your ability to obtain spacebux will increase with bigger ships, so the curve won't be linear. However just knowing the ballpark of what a ship costs destroys the value of purchasing money from CIG. Gold farmers rejoice.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

AbstractNapper posted:

Definitely a good sign.

I however will endorse it.

It looks to be a great game. I'll put up some streams and YouTube stuff soon!

Gotta say, that SQ42 trailer was quite good too!

Even Mark Hamill think its worth the wait.

"YEARS IN THE MAKING... SQUADRON 42 is Coming! Do you want it NOW or do you want it AWESOME? (Btw, The CGI in this makes my mirror jealous) #AnswerTheCall"

EvilMerlin fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 11, 2018

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

EvilMerlin posted:

I however will endorse it.

It looks to be a great game. I'll put up some streams and YouTube stuff soon!

Gotta say, that SQ42 trailer was quite good too!

Even Mark Hamill think its worth the wait.

"YEARS IN THE MAKING... SQUADRON 42 is Coming! Do you want it NOW or do you want it AWESOME? (Btw, The CGI in this makes my mirror jealous) #AnswerTheCall"

It's a slickly produced pre-rendered trailer. Looks nice, but it's not indicative of the final game is it?

Merlin - What did you think of the fetch quest livestream?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ghostlight posted:

i can't believe how much crow i am eating rn

lmbo

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Mark Hamill is a treasure and I’ll never forgive CiG for tarnishing his legacy with this.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

EvilMerlin posted:

Based on the number of cartoon fans around here. I agree.

Haven't seen the keynote or any of the discussions from CitCon yet, but the two ship commercials were very well done.

I wasn't expecting the one for the Kraken to be that entertaining.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

BeigeJacket posted:

It's a slickly produced pre-rendered trailer. Looks nice, but it's not indicative of the final game is it?

Merlin - What did you think of the fetch quest livestream?

I can still enjoy the trailer it was well done using in engine assets. But nope, it indicative of final game.

I didn't see the livestream yet. Will check it out during lunch.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

BigglesSWE posted:

Mark Hamill is a treasure and I’ll never forgive CiG for tarnishing his legacy with this.

Mark seems to be quite happy with it... go figure. And Mark sure as gently caress hasn't been afraid to comment negative about stuff he has worked on... even while in the middle of it.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

canepazzo posted:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Polygon:

Variety:

PC Gamer:

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

EvilMerlin posted:

I can still enjoy the trailer it was well done using in engine assets. But nope, it indicative of final game.

I didn't see the livestream yet. Will check it out during lunch.

LMK what you think of it. IMO, there's some nice graphics on display, but the lack of gameplay is crippling. It also showed no progression, at all, from previous demos from the past few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lmao, it's Alex D Large, the guy who starts a thread for every crowd funded mmo disaster in the mmo hmo.