Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i can't get over that FT blurb. bolsonaro said himself that he's not going to moderate his message for the general election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the loving wall street journal endorsed this fascist monster

https://www.wsj.com/articles/brazilian-swamp-drainer-1539039700

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How is football an italian invention

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

two years ago before The Election brasil was on my short list for places to flee to away from the impending Global Troubles

well, gg

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Kurtofan posted:

How is football an italian invention

they played some kind of primitive super violent rugby in the 16th century

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Settler colonialism.

Anyway, left-liberal and Social Democratic parties like the PT just end up proving over and over again that there's no reformist path out of capitalist deprivation. If you're not willing to fight bourgeois class power in real and meaningful ways they'll reassert their dominance inevitably.

yeah well im not willing to shed blood because im a softhearted baby, and seemingly neither do you friend.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
This is bad.

If he wins it will embolden the far-right all over the world.

This is very bad.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Dead Beef posted:

This is bad.

If he wins it will embolden the far-right all over the world.

This is very bad.
It's probably far more likely that Brazil plunges down every positive social index, social misery and murder rockets up (despite the official government figures going down, obviously) and quickly becomes the Bad PR Country for the right, like Venezuela is for the left.

Brazil also had a lot of pretty damning existing factors.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

hoiyes posted:

It's probably far more likely that Brazil plunges down every positive social index, social misery and murder rockets up (despite the official government figures going down, obviously) and quickly becomes the Bad PR Country for the right, like Venezuela is for the left.

Brazil also had a lot of pretty damning existing factors.

This one.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

babypolis posted:

yeah well im not willing to shed blood because im a softhearted baby, and seemingly neither do you friend.

If I had to deal with the Latin American right I'd be exactly like Plutonis. I'm sure there are worse people on the planet somewhere, but it's hard to believe.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If I had to deal with the Latin American right I'd be exactly like Plutonis. I'm sure there are worse people on the planet somewhere, but it's hard to believe.

I think that's a good take

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Yeah this is loving bad though

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If I had to deal with the Latin American right I'd be exactly like Plutonis.

I'd say that's more the fault of untreated mental disorders.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Yeah, between the FT and now the WSJ, it is pretty clear the transatlantic financier class doesn't give a f'ing poo poo.

(Also, it shows that moderate Lula-style social democracy will be reacted to like PT were the Bolsheviks.)

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

English language media is at worst treating him neutrally, I'm not at all surprised

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

So is this Bolsonado guy going to be as hilarious as Trump or does he subscribe to a more boring style of governance?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

kikkelivelho posted:

So is this Bolsonado guy going to be as hilarious as Trump or does he subscribe to a more boring style of governance?

Do you think rape and murder is funny?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Dutrumpnaro

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trump is like the buffoonish villain in a children’s cartoon, and Bolsonaro is a camp guard in Schindler’s List.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Lawman 0 posted:

Do you think rape and murder is funny?

I didn't even mention those?

I was specifically talking about Bolsanado himself and how he compares to Trump, whom as you probably know, has greatly enriched our lives with laughter through his twitter, speeches, interviews and other hijinks. Based on what I have read Bolsanado also has a habit of such statements. I understand the language might be a problem but if the interviews are funny enough they'll probably be quickly translated.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

No, but his kids do it but unlike Trump's kids, but they'll be in actual power and already have plans rather than pose with fish or show dad youtube vids to pep him up. I do believe one of them is already helping a candidate get to Marielle Franco's investigations files , stamp it with "wow, epic baw much" and fling them to the trash.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Is getting ugly already. Stuff like this happening all around:

https://odia.ig.com.br/rio-de-janei...aro.html#foto=1

(its about a trans woman that was heavily beaten with a steel bar, yesterday, in plain daylight, after answering to some guys who told her Bolsonaro was coming to take out trash like her)

I try not to be pessimistic or alarmist but there is something in the air here, something ugly, joyful and dangerous. Personally I never felt anything like this.

I hope that, if he really wins, he is just going to be a bad president and then it will be over in 4 or 8 years. But right now, it surely looks worst than this

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Elias_Maluco posted:

Is getting ugly already. Stuff like this happening all around:

https://odia.ig.com.br/rio-de-janei...aro.html#foto=1

(its about a trans woman that was heavily beaten with a steel bar, yesterday, in plain daylight, after answering to some guys who told her Bolsonaro was coming to take out trash like her)

I try not to be pessimistic or alarmist but there is something in the air here, something ugly, joyful and dangerous. Personally I never felt anything like this.

I hope that, if he really wins, he is just going to be a bad president and then it will be over in 4 or 8 years. But right now, it surely looks worst than this

I think that kind of stuff sadly happens a lot in Brazil. It's not a recent trend.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

kikkelivelho posted:

I didn't even mention those?

I was specifically talking about Bolsanado himself and how he compares to Trump, whom as you probably know, has greatly enriched our lives with laughter through his twitter, speeches, interviews and other hijinks. Based on what I have read Bolsanado also has a habit of such statements. I understand the language might be a problem but if the interviews are funny enough they'll probably be quickly translated.

Maybe shut up dude

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Avirosb posted:

I think that kind of stuff sadly happens a lot in Brazil. It's not a recent trend.

It sure does, but:
- there was a lot of cases since the elections period started, and still growing
- these are in the name of the guy who is about to win the election

I dont know, personally Im worried. I really hope Im wrong

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Avirosb posted:

A transwoman got loving lynched at broad daylight in my city last year and the guys who did it filmed and uploaded it to FB. It'll get way worse but it was real terrible already.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Kunster posted:

No, but his kids do it but unlike Trump's kids, but they'll be in actual power and already have plans rather than pose with fish or show dad youtube vids to pep him up. I do believe one of them is already helping a candidate get to Marielle Franco's investigations files , stamp it with "wow, epic baw much" and fling them to the trash.

Thanks.

The second round of voting is in a few weeks right?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Plutonis posted:

A transwoman got loving lynched at broad daylight in my city last year and the guys who did it filmed and uploaded it to FB. It'll get way worse but it was real terrible already.

:(

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

SKULL.GIF posted:

two years ago before The Election brasil was on my short list for places to flee to away from the impending Global Troubles

well, gg

Two years ago Brazil was already in a bad enough shape. Do your homework properly. Try Antarctica maybe.

In the other news, Roger Waters got loving booed after protesting against Bolsonaro during a concert in So Paulo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCLdJGcDy8s

gently caress this country to hell.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
https://twitter.com/snesfca/status/1049851918401572864

He was missing one, however:
https://twitter.com/FukuyamaFrancis/status/1050043678490673152

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No reason not to be a communist, really.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/BrasilWire/status/1050391254188654592

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Just in time

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Great timing mr trump

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Francis Fukuyama is a pretty hilarious one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/Vinncent/status/1050389866213728256