Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I've got Zack's chain and also Cloud USB1 and BSB2 so I lean pretty heavily on that combination usually.

Edit: I just realized there is a 4 hit 5* wind spellblade. I even had it honed but forgot it existed. :downs:

That's a good base for your team, but having two characters that you need to build up and cast multiple SBs for is a lot of time spent not murdering whatever you're fighting. No BSB is going to make a world of difference, but you're probably better off looking for something else that rounds out a different element, fills a buff niche, or even just gives a +elem boost than doubling up on Zack's SB usage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Thundercracker posted:

Free daily. This is kinda weird USB. Triple stack p.blink on a Monk? I guess.

https://imgur.com/a/gMLZjD7

The three stack of blinks is nice when it's nice, but the real prize there is enfire + Instant Cast Monk 3. That's three boosted Fires Withins you can bust off without blinking, or two boosted and a recast of the USB. Add in the fact that Yda's got a doublecast LM2 and it's secretly a workhorse.

It's honestly a one-stop Isgebind-murdering shop, and does decently enough against Ixion too if you don't have a better user of Ironfist.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 10, 2018

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Squall is insane

That's all 4*s sub30'd so far except holy and dark

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Adel posted:

Free draw took pity on me for being sick as gently caress

:stwoon:

The only 6* I have had from the daily draw have both been dupes - Kain CSB (third one!) And Snow USB. I've had a 5* Celes LMR to go with her Maria's Song BSB and some 5*s with no SBs on them. That's it. Even like this the gatcha finds ways to gently caress with me :negative:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like someone accidently tweeted about an event:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I think I'm going to hold off on trying any 5* magicite for 6 months and just hoard mythril for the power creep banners. That's going to be boring as gently caress but I still like this game so whatever. I did the same thing for both Orlandeau OSB debut and his USB debut but there was genuine enthusiasm for those. This is just me saying "gently caress overtuned endgame trash I'm going to do the RPG equivalent of grinding for levels and the best gear to crush you mercilessly and idgaf".

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Elephant Ambush posted:

I think I'm going to hold off on trying any 5* magicite for 6 months and just hoard mythril for the power creep banners. That's going to be boring as gently caress but I still like this game so whatever. I did the same thing for both Orlandeau OSB debut and his USB debut but there was genuine enthusiasm for those. This is just me saying "gently caress overtuned endgame trash I'm going to do the RPG equivalent of grinding for levels and the best gear to crush you mercilessly and idgaf".

:hmmyes:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I've been looking forward to the water magicites. Quetz and BK were nonstarters for me, but my lightning teams are both pretty stacked, so I think I stand a decent chance of taking down at least one of these new assholes. First, though, I need to get off my butt and clear out some lower level torments so I can expand my ability selection.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Cattail Prophet posted:

I've been looking forward to the water magicites. Quetz and BK were nonstarters for me, but my lightning teams are both pretty stacked, so I think I stand a decent chance of taking down at least one of these new assholes. First, though, I need to get off my butt and clear out some lower level torments so I can expand my ability selection.

I think I'm going to do this too. I already cleared a few 240s and the FFT 280, both sub 30, so I can probably do all the rest of the 240s for better abilities. Then I can spend 6 months honing them up to tackle 5* magicite eventually.

It just sticks in my craw that I can barely scratch Quetzalcoatl when I was able to clear Isgebind on day 2 of its release.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Last minute pull on all of the RoP banners:

I: Garland trance LMR
II: Minwu LMR (dupe)
III: Ingus enearth LMR
IV: Rydia OSB
V: Exdeath SSB (endark, mblink), Krille SSB (sheepsong)
VI: Kefka OSB
VII: Cid SSB (shout clone, dupe)
VIII: Laguna BSB (ice, dupe)
IX: Beatrix OSB
X: Lulu LMR (dupe), Yuna LMR (dualcast white, dupe)
XI: Aphmau BSB (dupe)
XII: Vayne SSB (dupe)
XIII: Noel LMR, Fang USB
XIV: Minfilia LMR
XV: Prompto LMR (dupe)
Tactics: TG Cid USB
Type-0: Rem LMR

Worth it for all just for the TG Cid USB.

Boogaloo Shrimp fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 10, 2018

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I think tiamat is broken. I've killed it seven consecutive times and have gotten only tiamats 😐

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
If you can clear 4*s, I highly recommend trying 5*s. They're really not all that much harder, comparatively. It's pretty similar to the jump from 3* to 4* -- just make sure you have a good deck for whichever element you try first.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

fridge corn posted:

I think tiamat is broken. I've killed it seven consecutive times and have gotten only tiamats 😐

Get a drop tracker, seriously. RK2 is really easy to install and use, and has a few other useful functions: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/8hndhn/rk_squared_new_drop_tracker_and_dungeon_tracker/

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Get a drop tracker, seriously. RK2 is really easy to install and use, and has a few other useful functions: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/8hndhn/rk_squared_new_drop_tracker_and_dungeon_tracker/

Finally, a simple tracker! Thank you for this!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Cattail Prophet posted:

The real issue is breaking their Savage Modes, as having Quetz/BK really help with that. Geosgaeno in particular is an absolute pain if you don't have Quetz, as he cuts damage by 1/2 and we don't have a Lightning version of Stone Press, forcing you to rely on OSBs or Kain's Brave.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

So apparently there's some new accessories in the chocobo shop, check em out if you need some various one resist + 15 stat options, there's a new poison one if you're short for torments also

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Indecisive posted:

So apparently there's some new accessories in the chocobo shop, check em out if you need some various one resist + 15 stat options, there's a new poison one if you're short for torments also

Nice, that gives me full moderate poison resist.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

Im very rarely near a computer when playing ffrk so don't think this is of much use to me unfortunately. I'll keep it in mind tho cheers

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pulled King USB (en-lightning and doublecast mechanist) and Golbez chain from the lucky. That chain's going to be nice (though I need to go through my dark guys and figure out who's doing what, that team's a kludge), and I am amused that lightning went from one of my weakest elements to being so dang crowded that I can pull a doublecast USB and not be sure where to fit him in. Kain with chain, Lightning USB, Edgar USB and triplecast LMR, and Mustadio USB. I've got Aranea and Prompto with some stuff as well, though nothing spectacular.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

The new VI event stuff in JP is a mix of expected effects and some oddballs! Everything new's on Banner 1.

Banner 1 posted:

Kefka's Nephilim Harp [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Dark/Bio Overflow magic attacks
Shadow's Magic Shuriken [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Dark ranged physical attacks & single-target Dark Overflow ranged physical attack
Cyan's Yakkei [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Fire Overflow physical attacks

Relm's Unicorn Brush [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & Last Stand to party, Instant Cast, Sketch Mode to user
Sketch Mode (0~1 VI characters in party): 6 single-target Water/NE white magic attacks & h25 heal to party every 3.5s interval for 15s
Sketch Mode (2 VI characters in party): 6 single-target Water/Dark/NE white magic attacks & h25 heal to party every 3.5s interval for 15s
Sketch Mode (3 VI characters in party): 6 single-target Water/Dark/Fire/NE white magic attacks & h25 heal and High Regen to party every 3.5s interval for 15s

Setzer's Arcane Deck [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, MAG & DEF -70%, Instant Cast 1 to party, Darkness Deck to user
Darkness Deck: After using damaging Support abilities, chases with 3 single-target Dark/NE ranged physical attacks + [ATK -40% > MAG -50% > DEF -40% > RES -50%]
Cyan's Spider's Kiss [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, En-Fire, ATK & DEF +30% and Samurai Ability Double to user

Shadow's Oborozuki [Glint, +10 ATK] - Physical Blink 2, Physical Blink Stack & Ninja Ability Boost to user, Instant Cast
Kefka's Hamelin [Glint, +10 MAG] - High Quick Darkness & Darkness Ability Boost to user, Instant Cast
Relm's Angel Brush [Glint, +10 MND] - h55 heal to party, Instant Cast

Kefka's Blueleaf Flute [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Setzer's Argentic Deck [LMR, +10 ATK] - Max ATB at the start of round & Instant Cast 1 at the start of battle
Relm's Rainbow Brush [LMR, +10 MND] - MND +1% for each White Magic hit, up to 25%
Shadow's Black Hood [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Cyan's Bracer [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Banner 2 posted:

Strago's Professor's Robe [CSB, +10 MAG] - Activates Water Limit Chain (150) & 50% Water Field, MAG +50% to party
Locke's Zwill Crossblade [CSB, +10 ATK] - 11 single-target Fire physical attacks, activates Fire Limit Chain (99) & 20% Fire Field, DEF & RES -50%

Celes's Ultima Blade [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Holy/Ice/Wind Overflow physical attacks
Edgar's Model [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Poison/Fire/Lightning ranged physical attacks & single-target Poison/Fire/Lightning Overflow ranged physical attack

Strago's Wizer Rod [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Water magic attacks, 75% Water Radiant Shield & Instant Cast 1 to party

Gogo's Falchion [USB, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - ATK/MAG/RES +30% & Haste to party, Instant Cast, Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Black Magic or Combat abilities
Level 0: Single-target hybrid attack, 0.825s CT
Level 1: Mimic, 0.825s CT
Level 2: Dual Mimic, 0.825s CT
Level 3: Triple Mimic, 0.825s CT

Celes's Round Shield [Glint, +10 ATK] - Critical Chance +100% for 2 turns & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast
Edgar's Noiseblaster [Glint, +10 ATK] - Critical Chance +100% for 2 turns & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast
Locke's Thief's Cap [Glint, +10 ATK] - En-Fire, En-Fire Stack & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast

Strago's Wonder Wand [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Water for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Strago's Rod of Faith [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Water abilities
Edgar's Sword [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Machinist abilities, 20% chance to inflict minor Imperil Fire
Edgar's Genji Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - 10% chance to Triplecast Machinist abilities
Gogo's Thornlet [LMR, +5 ATK & 5 MAG] - When using Mimic, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1

Kefka AOSB is +Dark Instrument, Cyan USB2 is +Fire Katana, Shadow AOSB and Setzer USB2 are both +Dark Thrown.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Did I read right that this will be the last DU lucky draw? Shame, I quite like these monthly cheap pulls, even when you get crap from them.

4/11 - P.Cecil AOSB (dupe thanks for the 7* holy sword game!) Cid IV BSB, Fang BSB, King SSB.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Ended my last DU Lucky the way most of them have gone, disappointment and giving me anything but Type-0.

2/11 - Raines Imperil Holy SSB, Nabaat LMR

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Mine wound up giving me Ceodore LMR (cover is potentially detrimental, this is trash), Deuce LMR1 which is actually pretty legit, and Noel BSB, which is as mediocre as he is. :eng99:

I think I’ve come to a conclusion on Godwall vs OK mUSB for the USB select. Basically, since I have Quina USB, that plus the wall RW has me covered in physical magicites and torments, so it’s really just a matter of magic magicites and torments. Frankly, it seems way harder to put together an all-one-realm caster team (4, 7, 8, 9, 0 seems like the only ones that can manage it at least decently) and I’m nowhere near having the relics where I’d consider that anyway, so it’s just magicites, and there’s usually someone with 4* bard or white who can carry a defensive spell there. So I’m thinking for me mUSB is the better pick.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

It is done. :feelsgood:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Not a bad finish for the DU's. Both USB are new.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so they're getting rid of the monthly lucky draws, but will they still be doing the half stamina for realm dungeons each month or is that going away too?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Attestant posted:

Not a bad finish for the DU's. Both USB are new.

Bleh, I went 1/11 decil burst.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

fridge corn posted:

Im very rarely near a computer when playing ffrk so don't think this is of much use to me unfortunately. I'll keep it in mind tho cheers

Try https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6qlhdo/android_ffrkompanion_on_device_drop_tracker_no/

It's easy to use and only requires a wifi connection and not a computer. I use it with public wifi just fine.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Ayndin posted:

Mine wound up giving me Ceodore LMR (cover is potentially detrimental, this is trash),

Lol the game just shat this abomination into my inventory from the free daily draw. No +element, thanks for the free Rosetta Stone.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Mixed feelings on DUs going away; getting half off is pretty fun but it’s almost always never worth.

Case in point, went 3/11 with Porom’s LMR, Noel’s hilariously lovely BSB, and my third gd Kain USB :negative:

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Hot drat, this was a good lucky draw. I didn't save a picture, but I went 4/11, Sice USB, Deuce USB, Deuce LMR, and some BSB for Rydia I don't care about.

Sice seems like she's got a pretty good dive, and I guess I could use a 3rd good physical dark option? I have no clue what if anything I'll ever do with Deuce at this point, but I've got her SSB, USB, and LMR, so if I just honed up some bard songs I guess she could do that pretty well. Is there any cool jank with Deuce that I may be unaware of? Sice seems very... self-explanatory.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Thundercracker posted:

Try https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6qlhdo/android_ffrkompanion_on_device_drop_tracker_no/

It's easy to use and only requires a wifi connection and not a computer. I use it with public wifi just fine.

The link in the op doesn't give me access. Anyway, killed tiamat two more times and got two more tiamats. That's 9 in a row now. I think something got hosed up during the last maintenance period

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

fridge corn posted:

The link in the op doesn't give me access. Anyway, killed tiamat two more times and got two more tiamats. That's 9 in a row now. I think something got hosed up during the last maintenance period
I heard that FFRKompanion got pulled off the app store. You can't even reinstall it if you previously had it on a device. I assume there's some way to pass around the existing app but I don't know it myself.

That said, if you want to otherwise set up drop tracking then you have a few options. RK2 was previously mentioned, but the method I'm more used to is to fool around with an Android emulator and proxy subroutines. Poke around the FFRK subreddit for FFRKInspector for this; I don't know how current the database is so you may have to manually look up IDs for 4* Holy/Dark magicites. Otherwise FFRKreeper is still around. If you really don't want to be playing this on your PC then it's available, but I haven't tried it in months and I don't know how much of a hassle it is to fool around with on-device packet capturing.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

NGDBSS posted:

Otherwise FFRKreeper is still around. If you really don't want to be playing this on your PC then it's available, but I haven't tried it in months and I don't know how much of a hassle it is to fool around with on-device packet capturing.

It's a little bit of a headache and you have to do the song and dance about once a week or so. On the other hand, it's literally the only drop tracker that plays well with iOS.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

What was the thing that will dump all my relics into a xls or csv or whatever?

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Zodiac5000 posted:

Is there any cool jank with Deuce that I may be unaware of?

Mostly that she’s a fairly competent healer with a buffing BSB who can use Allegro con Moto so she can be real nice for mage teams. If you haven’t used them yet, her BSB is on at least one of the acolyte selects.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Ayndin posted:

Mostly that she’s a fairly competent healer with a buffing BSB who can use Allegro con Moto so she can be real nice for mage teams. If you haven’t used them yet, her BSB is on at least one of the acolyte selects.

Lame, but figures that her BSB is where her good poo poo is at. She'll probably end up in the 'I have their USBs, maybe I'll use them later when I have infinite resources' pile with Ceodore and Rapha and Marach or something

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Yeah, her USB is fine, and she has a doublecast dive which is good, it's just that it's not as good as other healer USBs that are way more busted. With the BSB she's at least the strongest buff+healing combo which can enable teams that wouldn't work with anyone else

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Zodiac5000 posted:

Lame, but figures that her BSB is where her good poo poo is at. She'll probably end up in the 'I have their USBs, maybe I'll use them later when I have infinite resources' pile with Ceodore and Rapha and Marach or something

The best part of Ceodore’s USB is that it is a 6* holy boost sword with MND, so you can have a more competent paladin’s protectga/shellga last longer.

What I’m saying is that Ceodore is bad and should feel bad. At least FFRK is being consistent with the source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Ayndin posted:

The best part of Ceodore’s USB is that it is a 6* holy boost sword with MND, so you can have a more competent paladin’s protectga/shellga last longer.

What I’m saying is that Ceodore is bad and should feel bad. At least FFRK is being consistent with the source.
Huh?