Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Battle royale modes are starting to show up in otherwise non-BR games (most notably the next Call of Duty) so yeah the concept is bigger than Fortnite and Pubg now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
What did Oscar Hyphenate have to do with the correct answer?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Hyphenate means "person who is active in more than one occupation or sphere."

That's totally a thing I knew before 2 minutes ago

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I think I just hate the winner.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gaunab posted:

Extremely same

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Hyphenate means "person who is active in more than one occupation or sphere."

That's totally a thing I knew before 2 minutes ago

Same, I was wracking my brain for a hyphenated Oscar winner and drawing blanks besides Daniel Day-Lewis and he definitely has an acting Oscar. I think the contestants did the same, going off of how they answered.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, after like 2 minutes of discussing it with my husband I settled on the terrible answer of Jean-Claude Van Damme because Daniel Day-Lewis had definitely won an acting oscar.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hey Hookshot, which nerd will you be on your episode? Or will it be immediately obvious?

Edit: is there a smiley that makes it clear I have nothing but envy?

Zesty fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 3, 2018

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Soothing Vapors posted:

Extremely same

"That's going to go viral"

"yea sure"

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Zesty posted:

Hey Hookshot, which nerd will you be on your episode? Or will it be immediately obvious?

Edit: is there a smiley that makes it clear I have nothing but envy?

My vagina will make it glaringly obvious.

I hope.

I'll be the one in the middle

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:stare:

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Gaunab posted:

Soothing Vapors posted:

Extremely same

This is so funny to me. My wife was very close friends with Doug in college. I've hung out with him on multiple occasions, he came to our wedding, etc. He's seriously one of the funniest, most charming people I've ever met but as I'm watching him on Jeopardy I'm thinking to myself, "Oh Doug, if I didn't know you I would think you were so insufferable."

He's just a goofball.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
$666 Hail Satan

Doug rules

Poque fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 17, 2022

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Seaniqua posted:

This is so funny to me. My wife was very close friends with Doug in college. I've hung out with him on multiple occasions, he came to our wedding, etc. He's seriously one of the funniest, most charming people I've ever met but as I'm watching him on Jeopardy I'm thinking to myself, "Oh Doug, if I didn't know you I would think you were so insufferable."

He's just a goofball.

I will refrain from saying mean things about your friend but goddamn dude he does not come off well on tv

Impressive whoopin he laid down tonite tho

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

He's just a goofball.

wtf was that dumb inside joke answer about?

Lucania
May 1, 2009

banned from Starbucks posted:

wtf was that dumb inside joke answer about?

'Backrolls'? It's from RuPaul's Drag Race. One drag queen insulted another with it and the reaction has lived on ever since. Doug even pulled the face.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

GhostStalker posted:

Same, I was wracking my brain for a hyphenated Oscar winner and drawing blanks besides Daniel Day-Lewis and he definitely has an acting Oscar. I think the contestants did the same, going off of how they answered.

Ben Affleck was literally the first name that came to mind but then I got thrown by the category in this exact way. I realized about a minute after the end what it was referring to.

Went to my in-person audition yesterday. Pretty much the same as the one I did just over 12 years ago, I reckon, except hopefully this one will get me on the show. Biggest changes were: fewer people at once, no Johnny Gilbert voiceover reading the clues this time, and the room had windows.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
That final was not at all difficult if you forgot what the category was by the time the clue showed up on screen

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Good lord that was an easy FJ. That sort of thing is only a good clue if the most blindingly obvious answer isn't correct.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Tired of Alex just because blowouts are boring games.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

"heres me beating Ken Jennings on my nails!"

*finishes last*

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pCG1POpwjU

lol how long has jeopardy been handing out WWE style belts

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pCG1POpwjU

lol how long has jeopardy been handing out WWE style belts

I would assume he had it custom made after winning the TOC.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
You either lose at Jeopardy or stay on the show long enough to become just completely insufferable

Poque fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 19, 2022

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Poque posted:

You either lose at Jeopardy or stay on the show long enough to become just completely loving insufferable

Except for Julia Collins, who is bae.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

banned from Starbucks posted:

"heres me beating Ken Jennings on my nails!"

*finishes last*

*fucks up the easiest final jeopardy question all week*

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I don't remember her final jeopardy but the Charles Dickens one was the easiest final jeopardy of the week.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Gaunab posted:

I don't remember her final jeopardy but the Charles Dickens one was the easiest final jeopardy of the week.

I'm pretty sure more people have heard of the 12 labours of Hercules than have read a tale of two cities

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It didn't work but drat did I love that true daily double attempt at the end of the first round. I wish she had successfully come back to win even though the champ is pretty cool too.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

A Typical Goon posted:

I'm pretty sure more people have heard of the 12 labours of Hercules than have read a tale of two cities
My wife and I both slipped and went with Odysseus on that one

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The fireside chats FJ is the easiest they've had in a while.

It's cool getting to the week where there's someone I know that's on haha.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Vulture Culture posted:

My wife and I both slipped and went with Odysseus on that one

I did the same thing, and then it came up as a correct answer last night to vindicate me.

Wolf Pussy
Jul 7, 2016

by R. Dieovich
How did that vindicate your wrong answer

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
It didn't, I just found it amusing.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Poque posted:

It didn't work but drat did I love that true daily double attempt at the end of the first round. I wish she had successfully come back to win even though the champ is pretty cool too.

Yeah uh you and me both

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Hoover Dam posted:

Yeah uh you and me both

Was that you?

Because if so 2018 is turning out to be basically the year for goons on Jeopardy.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
It was risky but it's a move that I feel more people should do, even though I understand why they don't

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

HookShot posted:

Was that you?

Because if so 2018 is turning out to be basically the year for goons on Jeopardy.

Yep

A Typical Goon posted:

It was risky but it's a move that I feel more people should do, even though I understand why they don't

My exact thinking: YOLO

Then I overthought the answer.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Always true in single jeopardy (he says from his chair, yelling about other peoples money)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Hoover Dam posted:

Yeah uh you and me both

Nice! Congrats on making the show. Although seeing you post reminds me how long ago I gave up on posting in the soccer subforum, because of all the "ironic" racism disguised as "banter."

And I agree on always risking everything on a first-round Daily Double, since you'll usually be risking the value of only like two or three Double Jeopardy answers.