Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

How come the lefties are the only ones who get a positive characterization?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Cerebral Bore posted:

How come KP supporters are the only ones who get a positive characterization?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Won't somebody think of the kansanedustajat :qq:

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
Imagine thinking for years that you have your life ahead of you wielding maakunta power for corrupt purposes or receiving cushy benefits from sote corporations, only to discover that it might all be snatched away from you. I like to imagine kansanedustajat lashing out at each other or being sent into crying fits just because of that.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000005853104.html

Reminder that this is the bitch who was loudly eating over the expert statements in valiokunta which didn't support the government.

I hope politics will continue to make her cry.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Nigga, please.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Vittuako ne siellä pillittää, kuuden tonnin kuukausipalkalla saavat kuitenkin peräpukamansa hoidettua yksityislääkärillä riippumatta siitä missä köyhien terkkarit sijaitsee.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

No niin mistäs Prismasta näitä nyt saakaan sitten ostettua

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Istuin viime tiistaina Jerry Cottonin (lol) paskapostausta lukemassa aamukahvilla FinPol-säikeessä. Ketjun päähän ilmestyi trollaamaan kiihtynyt hahmo, tukka sekaisin ja solmio vinossa. Edellispäivän postauksestani alkoi sataa päälleni v-alkuista tekstiä enemmän ja vähemmän. En menettänyt yöuniani. Päiväunia taas en nuku. Mieleeni vain tuli, että tällainenko on tämän päivän vanha sivistys-, kyky- ja sananvapaussäie FinPol Megathread? Toivottavasti kysymyksessä oli poikkeus.

Kas mutta anteeksi erehdykseni, tämähän tapahtuikin Suomen eduskunnassa.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Nenonen posted:

Istuin viime tiistaina Jerry Cottonin (lol) paskapostausta lukemassa aamukahvilla FinPol-säikeessä. Ketjun päähän ilmestyi trollaamaan kiihtynyt hahmo, tukka sekaisin ja solmio vinossa. Edellispäivän postauksestani alkoi sataa päälleni v-alkuista tekstiä enemmän ja vähemmän. En menettänyt yöuniani. Päiväunia taas en nuku. Mieleeni vain tuli, että tällainenko on tämän päivän vanha sivistys-, kyky- ja sananvapaussäie FinPol Megathread? Toivottavasti kysymyksessä oli poikkeus.

Kas mutta anteeksi erehdykseni, tämähän tapahtuikin Suomen eduskunnassa.

:wow:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
EU torppasi etämyydyn alkoholin maahantuontikiellon – ehdottaa sallittuja alkoholin luovutuspaikkoja

quote:

STM:n mukaan komissio ei ota lausunnossaan kantaa alkoholijuomien etämyyntikieltoon ulkomailta Suomeen vaan nimenomaan etämyydyn alkoholin maahantuontikieltoon.

Ministeriö katsoo, että alkoholin internetmyynti ja kotiinkuljetus ovat jo nyt kiellettyjä. Myytyjen juomien maahantuonnin kieltäminen on sen sijaan uusi ehdotus, ja tätä komissio nyt tarkastelee lausunnossaan.

Komission lausunto merkitsee sitä, että Suomen on annettava selvitys komissiolle toimenpiteistä ennen 7. tammikuuta 2019, ja lakiesitystä ei saa hyväksyä ennen tätä.

Ministeriön tulkinnan mukaan hallituksen esitys voidaan kuitenkin antaa ennen tätä ajankohtaa eikä lakiesityksen hyväksyminen eduskunnassa edellytä komission tai muunkaan tahon lupaa. STM kertoo vastaavansa komissiolle vielä tämän vuoden puolella.

No kerrankin se ei ole perustuslaki mitä ollaan "tulkitsemassa" kännissä ja läpällä

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Kun nyt pakolaiset vastaanottokeskuksissa vähenee niin niistä voitaisiin tehdä viinanvastaanottokeskuksia.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Government mandated alcohol post depots? I guess it's better than home delivery, god knows what level of depravity that would've produced.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Government mandated alcohol post depots? I guess it's better than home delivery, god knows what level of depravity that would've produced.

So basically Alkos? Just add hefty storage charge and voila.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

HS posted:

Kokoomuksen kansanedustajat Sinuhe Wallinheimo ja Jaana Pelkonen kertoivat tiedotteessaan olevansa tyytyväisiä EU-komission linjaukseen ja luonnehtivat sitä "voitoksi vapaudelle".
FREEEEDOOOOOOOOMMM to booze.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

It's nice that viranomaiset are willing to put some effort into modernizing old classics.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

throw to first drat IT posted:

It's nice that viranomaiset are willing to put some effort into modernizing old classics.

Eh. The whole premise for doing that is a bit weird, but you have to be pretty humorless to get all bent out of shape over it. Then again I'm old, white and probably a crap person so what do I know.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nurge posted:

Eh. The whole premise for doing that is a bit weird, but you have to be pretty humorless to get all bent out of shape over it. Then again I'm old, white and probably a crap person so what do I know.

Whoever made them is obviously a literal nazi.

e: Why else would he be on the police force.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Nurge posted:

Eh. The whole premise for doing that is a bit weird, but you have to be pretty humorless to get all bent out of shape over it.

Isn't that a requirement for using social media?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Sipilä wants to vote about hallituksen luottamuksesta, I wonder if they will manage to tumble everything to poo poo just a little before actual elections.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Sipilä wants to vote about hallituksen luottamuksesta, I wonder if they will manage to tumble everything to poo poo just a little before actual elections.

Not only that, he tied the vote of confidence to his worker's right bill, where small companies can fire people indiscriminately. By hiding behind the parliament, they are giving the bill the aura of representative democracy - our elected best vote for our behalf.

It's a clever move, but it has the danger of being too clever for its own good. That being said, when did majority government coalitions voted against themselves in a vote of confidence? It's a sure slam dunk.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Not only that, he tied the vote of confidence to his worker's right bill, where small companies can fire people indiscriminately. By hiding behind the parliament, they are giving the bill the aura of representative democracy - our elected best vote for our behalf.

It's a clever move, but it has the danger of being too clever for its own good. That being said, when did majority government coalitions voted against themselves in a vote of confidence? It's a sure slam dunk.

SDP is going to just get stronger as time goes on towards the elections, so it's pretty much a win for the government no matter what happens. It's a good move, if a bit scummy.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

That being said, when did majority government coalitions voted against themselves in a vote of confidence? It's a sure slam dunk.

lolling irl if hallitus votes in favour and opposition votes against and Sipilä then declares that this means that he has eduskunnan support. Persut will probably vote in favour tho.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I've been voting straight LA all my life, but we're finally at a point I'm so loving disgusted with the government I'm thinking of hopping on the vässykkä-SDP train just to keep the idiots out. Sad days.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nurge posted:

I've been voting straight LA all my life, but we're finally at a point I'm so loving disgusted with the government I'm thinking of hopping on the vässykkä-SDP train just to keep the idiots out. Sad days.

Seems pretty counterproductive.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cerebral Bore posted:

Seems pretty counterproductive.

Lesser of two evils? I don't know. It just feels like it's the only way to at least change the direction a little.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Nurge posted:

Her defence seems to be "no, you're the real racists for thinking these slides are racist!" which, jeez, really?

She's shown an incredible lack of self-awareness in both preparing that presentation, showing it to people, and then trying to defend it in public. She's more like the Old Person type racist, not the Guy with Premature Baldness and a Blog type racist, so I don't think she's orchestrating something nefarious at the Helsinki Police Department outside of automatically checking the papers of Suspiciously Brown People at staissi.

I mean just look at it, I can't take a person making spelling mistakes and using clipart on her Big Important Powerpoint seriously.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

This feels like the sort of thing that only pundits and journalists actually give a poo poo about. It's a government bill, the Parliament will vote on it at some point anyway if it's not withdrawn.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Oct 11, 2018

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sulphagnist posted:

Her defence seems to be "no, you're the real racists for thinking these slides are racist!" which, jeez, really?

She's shown an incredible lack of self-awareness in both preparing that presentation, showing it to people, and then trying to defend it in public. She's more like the Old Person type racist, not the Guy with Premature Baldness and a Blog type racist, so I don't think she's orchestrating something nefarious at the Helsinki Police Department outside of automatically checking the papers of Suspiciously Brown People at staissi.

I mean just look at it, I can't take a person making spelling mistakes and using clipart on her Big Important Powerpoint seriously.

Like the thing is it's supposed to be a humorous comparison from the old days to the new, and it's a bit insensitive, who gives a poo poo. No one should care even the slightest loving bit about some presentation by some no one at some conference. The offended people brigade is just locking on easy targets, and it's just embarassing as gently caress to see this poo poo in news when there are actual serious issues shaking the underpinnings of our society happening.

Sulphagnist posted:

This feels like the sort of thing that only pundits and journalists actually give a poo poo about. It's a government bill, the Parliament will vote on it at some point anyway if it's not withdrawn.

Also do I really need to point out why that is important? Pundits and journalists, really? It's a loving political maneuver that forces the parliament and the worker's unions against eachother unless they topple the government. It's a real loving shitstorm of a situation and people definitely should care.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 11, 2018

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

lolling irl if hallitus votes in favour and opposition votes against and Sipilä then declares that this means that he has eduskunnan support.

That's what it literally would be, if S-O-Te can herd their flocks to press 'Jaa' then the majority of eduskunta has supported this policy. Which I hope he feels good about when this country goes to a general strike.

TF is the chaotic evil party like always. They can't have any effect on this government and they must realize that they're not going to improve their polls in the short term, so it doesn't matter to them when the next election is. More material to them is that the sooner the election comes, the sooner they can haistattaa paskat to Blues. OTOH if Sipilä and Orpo decided to pay themselves any last puoluetuki before the election then Halla-Aho's klan would benefit from this - this year he got 5,6 million euros half of which came for MPs who no longer were TF.

Nurge posted:

SDP is going to just get stronger as time goes on towards the elections, so it's pretty much a win for the government no matter what happens. It's a good move, if a bit scummy.

It's just mere posing, Sipilä wouldn't be doing this if he didn't believe that the ranks held (and if they did for Soini then they will for something that this government truly believes in). I don't think he's thought of the alternative because it would be utter chaos not brought by the opposition or even unions but the government coalition alone. Just consider the last time we had a premature election? 1975, and only because Kekkonen smashed the parliament

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

It's just mere posing, Sipilä wouldn't be doing this if he didn't believe that the ranks held (and if they did for Soini then they will for something that this government truly believes in). I don't think he's thought of the alternative because it would be utter chaos not brought by the opposition or even unions but the government coalition alone. Just consider the last time we had a premature election? 1975, and only because Kekkonen smashed the parliament

I agree that it's a near certainty the ranks hold, but even if they didn't it would still be a better result for the current government than the eventual election loss that is coming regardless.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

edit: anyway, I think you're predicting way too much from future. There are limits to how far the SDP can rise, and to how low CP can fall.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

edit: anyway, I think you're predicting way too much from future. There are limits to how far the SDP can rise, and to how low CP can fall.

Probably, but I don't think it's going to get any better for them that it is now.

Jesus gently caress https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10452678

Ammatillinen koulutus is in a sorry loving state. Guillotines all around! :toot:

I don't really have a big fondness for SDP but I think I'll take them at this point.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 11, 2018

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

ultimately the reason why the government will pass this luottamus test is that otherwise Juhana Vartiainen is going to have a full mental and emotional break down, tear his clothes off and start throwing chairs, Wäinö Aaltosen statues and small eduskuntaryhmiä around istuntosali

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013

Nurge posted:

Ammatillinen koulutus is in a sorry loving state. Guillotines all around! :toot:

I work at the Stadin ammatti- ja aikuisopisto. This has been a glorious week for us.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

hmm yes I, a kok minister will blame the leikkaukset on the previous hallitus which had a kok as pm :hmmyes:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Nurge posted:

I'm currently doing aikuiskoulutus in one of the really good ammattikoulus and even there you can tell things aren't great with classes being too big and työharjoittelu making up a ridiculous amount of the education. I'm kinda dreading the first harjoittelujakso because it's happening after only 4 weeks at the school and I don't see how they're going to give us enough of a base not to be complete fuckups at the harjoittelupaikka.

I can't imagine how bad things would be in some crappy autolinja-amis.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I don't understand all the mekkala about hallitus voting to support itself.

Similarly I don't understand all the whining about poliittiset lakot being legal or not. I guess it's a sign the AY movement is so establishment and without balls they actually would not strike if it was made illegal? What a bunch of old fat pussies, but we already knew that as proven by the fact will fight for this issue, now when it's convenient to support SDP, and not the much larger issue of vuokratyövoima and nollatuntisopimus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

doverhog posted:

I don't understand all the mekkala about hallitus voting to support itself.

En muista mikä Ylen uutisten artikkeli se oli, mutta siinä oli hyvin kiteytetty koko homman juju: lakko hallituksen toimia vastaan ei ole mitenkään erikoista, lakko eduskunnan toimia vastaan on aika pitkälti ennenkuulumatonta.