Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
PPR Flex

Calvin Ridley v TB

or

Doug Baldwin @ OAK

or

Tarik Cohen @ MIA

I am leaning Baldwin. He got one target last week but he is way better then that and should start normalizing.

Ridley is up against a bad D but should be in for more regression.

Cohen has a risk of Howard.

Am I wrong?

ScottyJSno fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Oct 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
TY Hilton is dead and I need a serviceable WR!

0.5 PPR (otherwise normal scoring):

Sterling Shepard v PHI
Sammy Watkins @ NE

I figure since Engram is out for the Giants, Shepard will continue to get his massive share of targets at home against a weak Eagles secondary. Always hard to trust Eli though, especially during a short week.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
I've been offered Antonio brown and Corey clement for Isaiah Crowell and tj yeldon. I'm real deep at rb (David Johnson, devonta freeman, tevin Coleman and Philip Lindsey are all on my roster) and not nearly as deep at wr. Seems like a decent deal for an every week starter in brown and a flier on clement, while giving up Crowell who will probably never start for me, but I am having trouble justifying two (currently) top ten rb for 1 top ten wr (.5 ppr)

Would you make that trade?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

I've been offered Antonio brown and Corey clement for Isaiah Crowell and tj yeldon. I'm real deep at rb (David Johnson, devonta freeman, tevin Coleman and Philip Lindsey are all on my roster) and not nearly as deep at wr. Seems like a decent deal for an every week starter in brown and a flier on clement, while giving up Crowell who will probably never start for me, but I am having trouble justifying two (currently) top ten rb for 1 top ten wr (.5 ppr)

Calling Antonio Brown "an every week starter" is possibly the biggest fantasy understatement I've ever seen.

This trade is an absolute heist for you. Take it immediately.

Crowell is in a timeshare and has been big play dependent and Yeldon is a likely backup in 4 weeks. Neither is a true top 10 back, and you're getting the best receiver in football.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

WHAT THE gently caress TAKE THAT TRADE IMMEDIATELY!!!!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There's no way this isn't a joke. I refuse to believe it.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Sounds like a pretty strong endorsement lol, I accepted it

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I need an RB2 in my work league. 1PPR

Lynch vs. Sea
Michel vs. KC

I had Michel slotted in there, but I feel like he might lose carries to Gillislee for whatever reason. Plus it just feels like a James White game. AND it could be a revenge game for Lynch against his old team.

I'd flex the other, but I'm already rolling out JuJu, Edelman, and Reek in the flex.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

pubic works project posted:

I need an RB2 in my work league. 1PPR

Lynch vs. Sea
Michel vs. KC

I had Michel slotted in there, but I feel like he might lose carries to Gillislee for whatever reason. Plus it just feels like a James White game. AND it could be a revenge game for Lynch against his old team.

I'd flex the other, but I'm already rolling out JuJu, Edelman, and Reek in the flex.

Gillislee is no longer with the Pats though.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

Gillislee is no longer with the Pats though.

They just signed someone.

Edit: Okay I stand corrected. Looks like they've been in contact with him though.

I still feel like this could be a James White game.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
It's been a James White game the last 2 weeks and Sony Michel has still scored 17pts and 19pts in 1 PPR.

I'd still go with Michel over Lynch.

CamptonFox50
Mar 25, 2006
Had this in the other thread like an idiot but...

Who would you start in my RB and Flex position.

1 ppr league

RB: J. Mixon, S. Michel, Chris Thompson, Kenyan Drake, Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram (bye)
WR: Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Doug Baldwin, Allen Robinson

2 RB slots, 2 WR slots, 1 flex.

Also, Tarik Cohen is available in my league.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

CamptonFox50 posted:

Had this in the other thread like an idiot but...

Who would you start in my RB and Flex position.

1 ppr league

RB: J. Mixon, S. Michel, Chris Thompson, Kenyan Drake, Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram (bye)

2 RB slots, 2 WR slots, 1 flex.

Also, Tarik Cohen is available in my league.

I would start AB, Julio, Mixon, Michel, and Thompson if he plays. If Thompson is out I guess I would go with Drake? Do you have a backup QB/TE/DST to drop? Cohen should be rostered in PPR but your depth is great and I wouldn't want to drop any of the guys you listed.

CamptonFox50
Mar 25, 2006

Gobias Ind. posted:

I would start AB, Julio, Mixon, Michel, and Thompson if he plays. If Thompson is out I guess I would go with Drake? Do you have a backup QB/TE/DST to drop? Cohen should be rostered in PPR but your depth is great and I wouldn't want to drop any of the guys you listed.

Thanks for the response! Here is my entire lineup:

QB: Drew Brees (bye) Russel Wilson
RB: Joe Mixon, Sony Michel, Chris Thompson, Kenyan Drake, Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram.
KR: Jake Elliott
DEF: Eagles

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

CamptonFox50 posted:

Thanks for the response! Here is my entire lineup:

QB: Drew Brees (bye) Russel Wilson
RB: Joe Mixon, Sony Michel, Chris Thompson, Kenyan Drake, Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram.
KR: Jake Elliott
DEF: Eagles

Yeah there probably isn't a drop there for Cohen. I'd stand pat.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Alright, here we go:

.5 PPR, pick one for WR2
Edelman vs. KC
John Brown @ TEN
Cooper vs. SEA (lol)

1PPR, pick 2, my RBs are awful in this one.
Hyde vs. LAC
Drake vs. CHI
Al Morris @ GB
Aaron Jones vs. SF
Mack @NYJ

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Edelman.

And Idk.

Wentz @ NYG
Or
Ben @ Cin

I'm kinda leaning towards Wentz.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Nadir posted:

TY Hilton is dead and I need a serviceable WR!

0.5 PPR (otherwise normal scoring):

Sterling Shepard v PHI
Sammy Watkins @ NE

I figure since Engram is out for the Giants, Shepard will continue to get his massive share of targets at home against a weak Eagles secondary. Always hard to trust Eli though, especially during a short week.

Note PHI secondary weakness is lobsided: league worst vs WR1, decent vs other WR/TE/RB. NE is just weak across the board. I'd play it safe with Watkins, as this rain flooding Thursday game looks to only have enough to feed OBJ and Saquon.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
1 PPR

Jordan Howard @ Miami or Royce Freeman vs. LAR

The biggest question here is really how much the Bears will continue to use Howard, even though he hasn't done poorly when he's gotten a chance Tarik clearly has an explosive aspect that Howard doesn't have. Also can the Bears grab an early lead against the Dolphins or will they need to throw more.

Both of these backs had pretty bad scores this past week

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Unfortunately I have to make this decision early: do I start Alshon Jeffrey on the road on Thursday, or one of Tyler Lockett@OAK/John Brown@TEN

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Play posted:

1 PPR

The biggest question here is really how much the Bears will continue to use Howard, even though he hasn't done poorly when he's gotten a chance Tarik clearly has an explosive aspect that Howard doesn't have. Also can the Bears grab an early lead against the Dolphins or will they need to throw more.

The Bears just got done crushing the Bucs and they ran Howard 11 times...so I don't think an early lead is going to save Howard's value. I would start him over Freeman I think though. I think coming out of the BYE, against Miami, Nagy gets Howard more touches.

indigi posted:

Unfortunately I have to make this decision early: do I start Alshon Jeffrey on the road on Thursday, or one of Tyler Lockett@OAK/John Brown@TEN

At kickoff it seems like it should be not rainy...so I'm rolling Jeffrey and I would trust him over either of your two.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

With Dalvin Cook practicing in full is he worth a start vARI over Alshon tonight in 0.5 ppr?

I feel like it's no but the matchup is making me second guess it

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Rick Grimes posted:

Alright, here we go:

.5 PPR, pick one for WR2
Edelman vs. KC
John Brown @ TEN
Cooper vs. SEA (lol)

1PPR, pick 2, my RBs are awful in this one.
Hyde vs. LAC
Drake vs. CHI
Al Morris @ GB
Aaron Jones vs. SF
Mack @NYJ

John Brown.

Hyde and Drake unless Breida doesn't play then Morris.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chernabog posted:

Wentz @ NYG
Or
Ben @ Cin

I'm kinda leaning towards Wentz.

I'm not a fan of Thursdays and would prefer Ben myself, especially with tonight's weather.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Play posted:

1 PPR

This is really tought but I would lean Howard. I expect Denver will need to pass the ball a lot against LA.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

indigi posted:

I have this exact same debate between Jeffery and Brown. I'm leaning John Brown on account of the weather and Tennessee's secondary looking much nicer than the Giants. That said don't be surprised if Jeffery balls out tonight.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

With Dalvin Cook practicing in full is he worth a start vARI over Alshon tonight in 0.5 ppr?

I feel like it's no but the matchup is making me second guess it

I believe Cook would be worth it. I've already said twice that I'm not big on Jeffery tonight due to the weather, and I believe that the Vikings are due for some regression in terms of their run/pass ratio.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I believe Cook would be worth it. I've already said twice that I'm not big on Jeffery tonight due to the weather, and I believe that the Vikings are due for some regression in terms of their run/pass ratio.

Because of field conditions? Because I thought by kickoff the rain was going to be done and it would be dry the rest of the night?

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

0.5 PPR, looking for a WR2 and a flex this week:

John Brown @ Ten
Desean Jackson @ Atl
Sammy Watkins @ NE
Doug Baldwin @ Oak (London)

Collins @ Ten
Ekeler @ Cle

I'm thinking John Brown at WR2 and Jackson at flex. i'm probably dumb.

thanks!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh the weather is gonna suck tonight?

I started Jeffery over a bunch of lottery tickets (Keke Coutee and similar) should I re-think that? In other words can I get a Beer Forecast

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

kiimo posted:

Oh the weather is gonna suck tonight?

I started Jeffery over a bunch of lottery tickets (Keke Coutee and similar) should I re-think that? In other words can I get a Beer Forecast

From like 7-9 there is less than 50% chance of rain and Accuweather is saying 'cloudy' but man now I'm rethinking it :shrug:

Weather.com says there is a pocket from 7-10 where chance of rain is in the 20%'s. I feel like the game should be mostly dry but I am no weatherman!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

From what I read the rain shouldn't be too bad, and it won't be windy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

weird Asian candy posted:

Because of field conditions? Because I thought by kickoff the rain was going to be done and it would be dry the rest of the night?

Huh. I was wrong. Isolated thunderstorms after 10PM but the expectation is that it's just cloudy during the game. That makes it a tougher choice. The Giants have been hot and cold against the receiving game, yielding 30+ points to Houston and Carolina wideouts but no more than 16.4 points to Jacksonville, Dallas, and New Orleans.

In my case it's between Jeffery and John Brown, and I'm leaning Brown in half PPR.

If Cook starts (and I think he will) he could be a useful run option for a team that's expected to get ahead against a very beatable Cardinals team.

I would keep Jeffery over lottery tickets.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Might be some kind of confirmation bias but it feels like offenses have been doing really well on Thursdays while defenses have been rear end. A WR1 on Thursday seems like an absolute must start regardless of matchup.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Huh. I was wrong. Isolated thunderstorms after 10PM but the expectation is that it's just cloudy during the game. That makes it a tougher choice. The Giants have been hot and cold against the receiving game, yielding 30+ points to Houston and Carolina wideouts but no more than 16.4 points to Jacksonville, Dallas, and New Orleans.

In my case it's between Jeffery and John Brown, and I'm leaning Brown in half PPR.

If Cook starts (and I think he will) he could be a useful run option for a team that's expected to get ahead against a very beatable Cardinals team.

I would keep Jeffery over lottery tickets.

Yeah, my guys always suck on TNF but my options are Jeffrey/Lewis vs BAL (Yuck)/Thompson vs CAR (ehhhh not awful) and it feels like Jeffrey is my choice with the weather supposed to be cooperating now. For you, I would probably go Brown.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I had a feeling that Wentz and Alshon would click today. If the weather isn't a large problem I'm sticking with it.

Those two are too talented to misfire for long.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
In the two weeks that Jeffery has been active he's ranked #11 in air yards with 210. John Brown has 414.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I have no idea what I'm saying but I suspect it'll be cold comfort when Jeffery shows he's a bona fide WR1 this week.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is really tought but I would lean Howard. I expect Denver will need to pass the ball a lot against LA.

Alright I'm gonna go with what a couple of you suggested, it's what I was leaning towards, but if I get another poo poo performance out of Howard he doesn't get another chance. It's not really all that surprising that with John Fox gone Howard isn't getting the same use. It's the least surprising thing ever actually. I hope they do find a way for him to fit into what they're doing, but I doubt they will.

On the plus side the Bears should be able to run on Miami pretty easily and if it really is gonna be raining Howard could end up with some serious touches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Cook was upgraded to full.