Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You could add PUNISHED "VENOM" to almost anything and I'd smile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

alnilam posted:

does anyone know that excerpt about how the dino asteroid was way more violent and insane than people imagine

The main interesting thing is that it was traveling so fast that from seeing it streak in the atmosphere to impact was less than a second. None of that 5 minutes of suspense poo poo.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

repent

🌀

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol remember celebrity chef Emeril? wonder what happened to him

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

UFOTacoMan posted:

the Breitbart take: actually Kayne owned the prez :smugdon:

yeah, that's the important take-away

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Epic High Five posted:

Was he the sex pest one

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Business Gorillas posted:

IIRC the asteroid hit with such a force that it forced tons of sand into the air, which immediately melted, and rained back down onto the earth as razor sharp shards of glass that pulped things for thousands of miles around it

gently caress yes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Reality Pisser posted:

Was he the sex pest one

not that I'm aware of but after 10 years in restaurants I'm prepared to not be surprised about anything

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Reality Pisser posted:

Was he the sex pest one

wasn't that the crocs wearing one? betali?

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/FellowGritty/status/1049434916524568576

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
America thinks it hates stop and frisk because they don't believe cops are racist

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
dinosaurs had it rough, rip

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pomp posted:

America thinks it hates stop and frisk because they don't believe cops are racist

ive never been stopped and frisked :shrug:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

IIRC the asteroid hit with such a force that it forced tons of sand into the air, which immediately melted, and rained back down onto the earth as razor sharp shards of glass that pulped things for thousands of miles around it

nuclear winter is so boring

give me death by metal apocalypse

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

:protogas:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pomp posted:

You could add PUNISHED "VENOM" to almost anything and I'd smile

PUNISHED "VENOM" MEXICO BEACH

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1050460047438884864

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Pomp posted:

most dangerous gang in america

ftp/ftw

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Kurtofan posted:

dinosaurs had it rough, rip

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Al! posted:

a town got wiped off the map yesterday because of a cat 4...... what's a hypercane do?

Changes color between hot and cold but gets hosed up when your mom puts it in the dryer

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

Lately in the PNW subway has started running ads about how actually they're a cool hipster artisanal sandwich shop because they use local tomatoes or something

It made me wonder if they're doing similar things in the midwest or the south like just slathering their subs in gravy and calling it country fried subway or some poo poo

I ate at a Subway near the Great Wall in China and it was the eeriest thing to see normal Subway ingredients there since I'd never see poo poo like fresh olives or fresh tomatoes anywhere else.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Kurtofan posted:

gently caress yes

There's a NPR thing (snap judgement I think) where they have scientists talk about the immediate aftermath of the asteroid hitting and it's :black101: as gently caress

They talk about poo poo like raining glass, the oxygen in the atmosphere catching on fire, all sorts of crazy poo poo

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

:krad::krad::krad:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

I giggled

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
imagine if it happened now

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Wolfsheim posted:

Lately in the PNW subway has started running ads about how actually they're a cool hipster artisanal sandwich shop because they use local tomatoes or something

It made me wonder if they're doing similar things in the midwest or the south like just slathering their subs in gravy and calling it country fried subway or some poo poo

naw subways in SC probably have the exact same ads

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

rip the dinos
another one of obamas many crimes

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Where do I sign up

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

I ate at a Subway near the Great Wall in China and it was the eeriest thing to see normal Subway ingredients there since I'd never see poo poo like fresh olives or fresh tomatoes anywhere else.

eat fresh

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i like those movies where people know the asteroids is going to hit in a week, like what do you do in this situation

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Reality Pisser posted:

Was he the sex pest one

That was Batali

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
unsafe sex galore

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Al! posted:

a town got wiped off the map yesterday because of a cat 4...... what's a hypercane do?

quick googling says it's insanely huge, winds gusting at near sonic speed, and so big/powerful that it strips the ozone layer. Various actions of the storm would also make it self sustaining for awhile

it's all hypothetical and would require some already pretty hosed up for life on earth things going on in the ocean and atmosphere

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/DI1h56S.gifv

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Same.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I watched this movie like 50 times between the ages of 2 and 4

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kurtofan posted:

Does it hurt when you die in an airplane crash

it was revealed years later after the challenger disaster that contrary to nasa's initial claims, the astronauts on board in all likelihood remained conscious until they hit the water

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Al! posted:

lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

There's a NPR thing (snap judgement I think) where they have scientists talk about the immediate aftermath of the asteroid hitting and it's :black101: as gently caress

They talk about poo poo like raining glass, the oxygen in the atmosphere catching on fire, all sorts of crazy poo poo

Bit of historical trivia: the scientists at Trinity had a betting pool on whether these sort of things would happen when they touched off the first A bomb.

• Locked thread