Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

alnilam posted:

legit hosed up that there's no transcription

it's radiolab so the transcription would be insufferable to read as it is to listen to i imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gringostar posted:

florida knew what it was doing when it voted for trump

As I posted yesterday, 75% of that county voted for Trump and the path of the hurricane in general went through one of the chuddiest parts of the country. God was mad at them for how they've been voting and I don't know how anyone could see otherwise.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

Xelkelvos posted:

Snap Judgement is really good. Reveal is too.

these are both great but holy crap i cannot think of two programs that anger up the blood more than these two

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

what if Alexa would detect whether the person in the room is a stupid dumbass and then just start loving with them in creative ways, or stealing perhaps

maybe I should talk to a patent lawyer

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

lol i recognize this fella

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

can't be a democrat without the RAT

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

sincx posted:

Just saw the F-35 news. Hahahahaha.

What was it?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

it's radiolab so the transcription would be insufferable to read as it is to listen to i imagine

*smug voice* and, um, well you see....*long pause* exhales deeply, this is radio lab

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

Al! posted:

how many times can you write [incessant adorable sound effects bordering on the obnoxious]

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Al! posted:

Impossible

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pooky posted:

What was it?

its a bad plane

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Pooky posted:

What was it?

boring writing this season. they grounded them because one crashed in SC

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

its a bad plane

pee pee doo doo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

emfive posted:

what if Alexa would detect whether the person in the room is a stupid dumbass and then just start loving with them in creative ways, or stealing perhaps

maybe I should talk to a patent lawyer

why can't alexa do useful things like balance my monthly budget instead of just try to sell me products

oh wait i know why that is

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Pooky posted:

What was it?

They finally solved all the problems and its an elite fighting machine.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

:ok:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*record scratch* But Jad, God just can't be not real, what kind of world would that be?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Thoguh posted:

As I posted yesterday, 75% of that county voted for Trump and the path of the hurricane in general went through one of the chuddiest parts of the country. God was mad at them for how they've been voting and I don't know how anyone could see otherwise.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cadaver_Maclaine posted:

In the fifties they used to joke about him not being allowed to ride in elevators because he couldn't see a button without wanting to push it.

i always get him confused with that navy guy who angrily told reporters that he wasn't an atomic playboy after pics of that cake circulated

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
isnt' cohen a felon now so can't vote anyway?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
michael cohen has been a lifelong democrat and only changed because strong daddy, this isn't really news?

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Cadaver_Maclaine posted:

He also insisted on bringing a baby grand piano with him to Los Alamos specifically so he could play it loudly at odd hours of the night and annoy everyone around him.

Dude was insane, just wanting to make big bombs. He even went so far it seems to market them for peaceful purposes just so he could built bigger bombs.

:wtc:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

tenderjerk posted:

im gone for like 2 hours and there are +900 post

what happen

is...is 2dcat ok

We're talking about the dinosaur asteroid and how cool it would be for my dilz to be vaporized and sent flying into space, op

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

Plinkey posted:

isnt' cohen a felon now so can't vote anyway?

each state has different laws and those laws are insane and inconsistent

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

it's radiolab *applause* so the transcription *typewriter clacking* would be insufferable to read *sad trombone* as it is to listen to i imagine *lightbulb pullstring click*

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tenderjerk posted:

each state has different laws and those laws are insane and inconsistent

enough about gun chat

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the f-35 owns so hard. the first engineering project designed for optimum boondoggleness

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

tenderjerk posted:

these are both great but holy crap i cannot think of two programs that anger up the blood more than these two

It's the good kind of program that angries up the blood (angry at the injustices they discuss and talk about) as opposed to poo poo like Planet Money or their other more milquetoast poo poo (angry at them being euro-style pro-capitalist liberal centrists). Those are the programs that Left Wing radio should be like in contrast to Right Wing talk radio which is the same but from the opposite political pov.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/JeffSchogol/status/1050462416407027712

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

*record scratch* But Jad, God just can't be not real, what kind of world would that be?

lol he won a genius grant

and they didn't include his cohost lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i dont trust the military on this after they flagrantly ignored president trump's order to make the aircraft carriers run on steam instead of digital

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1050447055959797760

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Xelkelvos posted:

It's the good kind of program that angries up the blood (angry at the injustices they discuss and talk about) as opposed to poo poo like Planet Money or their other more milquetoast poo poo (angry at them being euro-style pro-capitalist liberal centrists). Those are the programs that Left Wing radio should be like in contrast to Right Wing talk radio which is the same but from the opposite political pov.

'lol we bought credit default swaps to show how fast we lost our money, sorry middle america' also buy a tshirt or mug!

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Breaking: Mentally ill man rants, bangs desk in Oval Office and no it's not the President this time

https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/status/1050460059543601152

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Martin BadClixx posted:

Dude was insane, just wanting to make big bombs. He even went so far it seems to market them for peaceful purposes just so he could built bigger bombs.

:wtc:

Hes the ultimate manifestation of that "if your only tool is a hammer all problems begin to resemble nails" except instead of "hammer" substitute "civilization-annihilating nuclear weapons" and also he was personally a real jerk.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Shear Modulus posted:

the f-35 owns so hard. the first engineering project designed for optimum boondoggleness

star wars

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

this...this isn't a parody website?????????????? :stare:

oh my god

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Ruzihm posted:

when is 2dcat gonna testify

Step up in the spot lookin' extra fly

till the day I die

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
hello, pentagon?? i have some spaceship.jpgs that id like u to take a look at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

god I hate radiolab's setup almost as much as I hate that they cover topics that seem interesting but I can't listen to it because every third word is either interrupted or they switch narrators

• Locked thread