Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
If his legs are weak then how come an anemic Dennis couldn't move him in the doctors office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

moist turtleneck posted:

If his legs are weak then how come an anemic Dennis couldn't move him in the doctors office

I've forgotten so many moments of this show

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

That was sheer mass. Built him like a brick wall

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Mac has always been all talk and no action. He's that kid who said his uncle is a Green Beret and taught him 50 different ways to kill a man.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've forgotten so many moments of this show

"TRY AND MOVE ME BRO"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
did dennis call them hummingbirds or humdingers

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

moist turtleneck posted:

did dennis call them hummingbirds or humdingers

hummingbirds

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Luvcow posted:

i would love to see an episode where they reveal that mac has toothpick legs

Dude, come on, don't put that idea out into the world, Rob McElhenney might picked up on it somehow and really do it.

Let's not forget that Mac is played by a real guy, a guy who has proven time and time again that he is NOT above putting his body through immense physical strain for the sake of the joke . Yes, it would be hilarious for Mac to have a huge torso and bitty bitty chicken legs as if he were Johnny Bravo come to life, but I don't want Mr. McElhenney to confine himself to a bed and only move around via wheel chair in order to have his legs atrophy to the most hilarious size. Because I am 100% certain that is a thing he would do to himself for the sake of a visual gag.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Rob's already living his best life honestly. All he had to do was go "hey it would be funny if Mac was really jacked" and the studio paid for him to hang out at the gym for six months.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Dude, come on, don't put that idea out into the world, Rob McElhenney might picked up on it somehow and really do it.

Let's not forget that Mac is played by a real guy, a guy who has proven time and time again that he is NOT above putting his body through immense physical strain for the sake of the joke . Yes, it would be hilarious for Mac to have a huge torso and bitty bitty chicken legs as if he were Johnny Bravo come to life, but I don't want Mr. McElhenney to confine himself to a bed and only move around via wheel chair in order to have his legs atrophy to the most hilarious size. Because I am 100% certain that is a thing he would do to himself for the sake of a visual gag.

:stare: wha... what have i done

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shut the gently caress up Dee.

El Pipila
Dec 30, 2006
I am invincible; I have a stone on my back!
"Animal Shithouse" lingers on in my mind, always an inch away from making sense. Geniuses

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Roadkill and roast beef sandwiches.

Anyone else uncomfortable?

E: lol.this episode is hilarious

isaboo fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 11, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Another incredible episode, I loved that Dee kicked the whole thing off by complaining about having to share the bathroom with Mac but by the halfway point she was eagerly championing a result that would see her and Mac share the bathroom.

Plus I'm a sucker for Danny DeVito brandishing a gun.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
That was a really good episode, and it's gonna be hard to pick a fav gag from it. I think right now the biggest laugh for me was them blasting screaming noises into the stalls which they had modified with cardboard for maximum privacy.

Also, the bit with Charlie crossdressing since childhood so he could use the women's bathroom was pretty great.

Testicle Masochist
Oct 13, 2012

Also noticed and appreciated the language shift from tranny and shemale earlier in the show. When I saw what this ep was gonna be about I admit I got a little worried but they handled stuff much more tastefully than they could have.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dennis just constantly pausing to tell Frank to stop helping him, before finally just venting,"Having you on my side is not helping!" was great.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

I love the clear line between the grime of the bar and the clean walls of the womens room gag.

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.
Hamburger store

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Solid ep. I almost didn't realize it was a bottle episode, I'm perfectly happy to watch the gang arguing at Paddy's for an hour or more.

Did anyone else react strangely to Mac grabbing Dee by the neck at the beginning? I know he's always flown off the handle like that, but now that he's got these enormous muscles my immediate reaction is "Oh poo poo, he's gonna kill her!"

e: I guess "I hope that giant dude choking a woman doesn't hurt her" isn't a strange reaction, but you know what I mean.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Oct 11, 2018

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Phenotype posted:

Solid ep. I almost didn't realize it was a bottle episode, I'm perfectly happy to watch the gang arguing at Paddy's for an hour or more.

Did anyone else react strangely to Mac grabbing Dee by the neck at the beginning? I know he's always flown off the handle like that, but now that he's got these enormous muscles my immediate reaction is "Oh poo poo, he's gonna kill her!"

e: I guess "I hope that giant dude choking a woman doesn't hurt her" isn't a strange reaction, but you know what I mean.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Best scene in the show. But not quite as visceral as grabbing a stick-thin woman by the neck with your 24-inch pythons.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

FELD1 posted:

That was a really good episode, and it's gonna be hard to pick a fav gag from it. I think right now the biggest laugh for me was them blasting screaming noises into the stalls which they had modified with cardboard for maximum privacy.

Also, the bit with Charlie crossdressing since childhood so he could use the women's bathroom was pretty great.

Yeah the screaming noises, and their reactions to it, was incredible.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Rob said on his twitter that he had all his tattoos lasered off and now I think he’s kind of a punk stupid science bitch.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Rob said on his twitter that he had all his tattoos lasered off and now I think he’s kind of a punk stupid science bitch.
I hope this is in preparation for getting full sleeves without discoloration so that next season we can add Tat Mac to the list of Macs

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
That was loving amazing

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Can't imagine where you're going with this, Frank might be my favorite joke all season.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Phenotype posted:

I think that maybe Mac's increased violence toward Dee this season is part of his misguided attempt to fit in more with his new, gay image. He believes that because he's gay, he should have a complete aversion toward women (even more severe than his usual bog-standard misogyny).

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I didn't like this episode much. I'm gonna ask for a refund.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Ya I thought it wasn't that great, still better than most TV. If they don't do a Super Bowl episode though I am going to be so mad.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

FELD1 posted:

I think that maybe Mac's increased violence toward Dee this season is part of his misguided attempt to fit in more with his new, gay image. He believes that because he's gay, he should have a complete aversion toward women (even more severe than his usual bog-standard misogyny).

I read thinking it's either that. Or now that he's come out, he's feeling straight and has to hide it so they don't make fun of him and he's suppressing attraction... Attraction to Dee would cause him the most shame of all.

Now that I write it, that's probably too far, even for Mac. You're probably right.

He's probably on steroids too, he definitely feels more actually violent.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That was an all time classic we just saw.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Michael Corleone posted:

Ya I thought it wasn't that great, still better than most TV. If they don't do a Super Bowl episode though I am going to be so mad.
there is one towards the end of the season

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

LividLiquid posted:

That was an all time classic we just saw.

No see, people want their money back

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Best TV show episode about the bathroom bullshit I've seen yet.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I can’t believe how hard I had to think to persuade myself that that wasn’t actually a Jimmy Buffet song.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Charlie's impression of a dog making GBS threads was the best.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

withak posted:

I can’t believe how hard I had to think to persuade myself that that wasn’t actually a Jimmy Buffet song.

It's pretty easy though, it's a song with reasonably well written lyrics that would be a lot harder to sing drunk than the normal songs Jimmy Buffet plays while drunk.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/fZSyzfo.gifv

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

snoremac posted:

Charlie's impression of a dog making GBS threads was the best.

Yeah, but frank's was better.

e: wait, no i got them backwards. Charlie's was amazing