Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Beef Stew posted:

Yeah ive gotta find a new place to study im not going back to that library which loving sucks they had good resources and i was friends with some of the people that worked there and some of the regulars. Their movie nights were cool too. loving blows.

I'm just an internet rando trying to brainstorm, but surely if fash-do was waving a firearm in the obvious hope of using it on someone, there ought to be some way to make him persona non grata instead of obliging you to move on, right?

...right? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If you're in California, I can help you.

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009
No idea i ran out flagged down a meter maid who just happened to be driving by. They called in some actual cops i gave them a description and they went in to look for them and told me they might need me to identify him if they found him. I haven't heard anything from them. This wasnt very long ago like two hours maybe.

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009
Im in santa barbara so yeah California

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
call the cops for a nazi hunter, and all you can find are some cops hoping to shake down some money from the owners of illegally parked cars

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Stew posted:

Im in santa barbara so yeah California

Sounds more like you're in Golita. I'll PM you. I have resources in the area.

When it comes to the nazis, you're living smack in the middle of little Bavaria.

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009
Ive actually seen poo poo carved in the bathroom stalls that showed up recently that said "google holohoax" and "google david duke" so i wonder if it was the same guy. Ive been going to that library for a while and didn't notice it until recently so it could've been carved recently or maybe i just never noticed

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009

Martin Random posted:

Sounds more like you're in Golita. I'll PM you. I have resources in the area.

When it comes to the nazis, you're living smack in the middle of little Bavaria.

I don't have plat so I'm not even sure i can get pms

Its downtown sb proper though i think very near state street.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Beef Stew posted:

Just loving had some guy with the Richard Spencer fash cut in the bathroom ask if anyone knew who Joseph mengele was, i guess he got shushed or something because he pulled out a silver or chrome handgun and started asking who shushed him and saying he'd loving kill them while banging on the stall doors and waving the gun around. Im black so this was especially loving terrifying and i was terrified he'd just decide it was me. Stay safe out there guys.

Holy poo poo. Be safe dude.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
In friendlier personal news my new neighbor has an antifa bumper sticker on their beat up Prius.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
jeez beef stew, stay safe :smith::hf::smith:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Everytime I see Sargon I get thrown off because he looks too much like Slowbeef

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

yorkinshire posted:

In friendlier personal news my new neighbor has an antifa bumper sticker on their beat up Prius.

laura loomer's assailants leaving their mark

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Stew posted:

My ex wife is from Santa Barbara, is very connected with the UU church down there, and has over a dozen of local townies to call on. Her dad is also of the SB donor/country club class and a jew. Me and the ex are both lawyers. In other words, we pass as white. Please LMK in this thread if you detect that the police are not taking this matter seriously or if getting anyone on the ground will help you, and these resources will be brought to bear. I am willing to go there myself.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

MizPiz posted:

Everytime I see Sargon I get thrown off because he looks too much like Slowbeef

oh poo poo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

beef stew if you need a place to chill and study and poo poo and no longer feel safe there, check out any university libraries. They're often open to the public formally or informally

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009
Im actually a student at the university, i just liked the local public library because it was close enough to walk to on days when i didn't have class and i didn't need to take the bus. Also it was much less crowded during midterms and finals.

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009
Also i really loving appreciate the offer Martin Random. I just honestly don't know how id know whether or not it was being taken seriously. There were like half a dozen cops when i gave the description and they all went into the library but i haven't heard anything so i have no idea if they found the guy or questioned or what.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

yorkinshire posted:

I found out I have a neighbor with a Hammerskins decal today. That's cool.

Wait, no, the other thing.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Why is the TV off center like that. Its horrid.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Beef Stew posted:

Also i really loving appreciate the offer Martin Random. I just honestly don't know how id know whether or not it was being taken seriously. There were like half a dozen cops when i gave the description and they all went into the library but i haven't heard anything so i have no idea if they found the guy or questioned or what.

Report it to student services or whatever as well, cops that may not really care otherwise probably will if they get someone from university administration breathing down their neck to SOLVE THIS so it doesn't hurt enrollments

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Stew posted:

I just set up a phone appointment with the director of that library, Ms. Cadiente. I introduced myself as a civil rights attorney. I will be grilling her to make sure that she uses the full power of her institution to pursue this. Additionally, she will be hearing from a board member of a library-affiliated charity, which I will make clear during these discussions. Thank you for letting us know about it.

Next steps should be involving whatever state sanctioned racial groups your university recognizes as legitimate, and leveraging that.

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If anyone in this thread would like to get information directly from the library about this assault, I highly encourage you to call them on the phone to ask about it. If nobody picks up, leave a message on their internal administrative phone line, 805-564-5608, asking about it. Do not bother with the general library line, cut straight to the director on this.

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK

Beef Stew posted:

Going to be there no joke, next week. Love SB, absolutely beautiful, but there is a CHUD problem there. Are you studying at UCSB? I know some of your alumni. There's a really good place to go talk to someone if you need to vent. UC systems health centers are really great if you don't already know.

E: Looks like you confirmed you go there. Amazing school and campus. Really sucks and is horrible that you went through that, but really really glad you're alright.

The time before last that I was in SB this was going on:
https://www.independent.com/news/2015/feb/25/neo-nazi-sentenced-22-years/

Martin, you rule. Thank you for doing that.

E2: Again, I'll be in SB next week so I can stop by the library and ask about it if anyone wants.

Bearded Whiteguy has issued a correction as of 23:43 on Oct 11, 2018

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009
This actually wasnt at the university library the university is actually like a 20 or so minute bus ride away. It was the public library in downtown SB. So im not sure the school would actually care, but if you think it would help ill definitely strongly consider it. Im just terrified of the guy and his nazi buddies finding out who i am and getting death threats or assaulted or some poo poo since im down here for another year or two at least. It was just me, him, and whoever was in the bathroom stall he knocked on and he definitely saw my face. And there aren't many black people around here so i don't think it would be too hard for him or his buddies to recognize me.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Beef Stew posted:

This actually wasnt at the university library the university is actually like a 20 or so minute bus ride away. It was the public library in downtown SB. So im not sure the school would actually care, but if you think it would help ill definitely strongly consider it. Im just terrified of the guy and his nazi buddies finding out who i am and getting death threats or assaulted or some poo poo since im down here for another year or two at least. It was just me, him, and whoever was in the bathroom stall he knocked on and he definitely saw my face. And there aren't many black people around here so i don't think it would be too hard for him or his buddies to recognize me.

Buy a gun. Learn to protect yourself.

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009
I also didn't actually tell any library staff i considered it on my way out but i was panicking and in a rush to get out and i was terrified he would see me talking to some staff and do something crazy so after i got out the bathroom i rushed to grab my poo poo get out and contact the police. Not sure if that was the right move but i wasn't thinking straight and on the verge of a panic attack.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

KiteAuraan posted:

I found out I have a neighbor with a Hammerskins decal today. That's cool.

Wait, no, the other thing.

You think that's bad, one of my neighbors is a cop

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Im a broke student and don't have the money for a gun.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

chitoryu12 posted:

This. Cops ain't gonna help.

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, not really the time or place for that. Come on, dude.

Beef, I completely understand. You did the right thing here. Think of your safety first. If they find out who it is, Martin may be able to get you a restraining order if it gets to that point, and while I know that's not much, in California it really messes up your life:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1044.htm

quote:

Effect of a Restraining Order on the Restrained Person
For the person to be restrained, the consequences of having a court order against him or her can be very severe.

He or she will not be able to go to certain places or to do certain things.
He or she will generally not be able to own a gun. (And he or she will have to turn in, sell or store any guns he or she has and will not be able to buy a gun while the restraining order is in effect.)
The restraining order may affect his or her immigration status. If you are a person to be restrained and you are worried about this, talk to an immigration lawyer to find out if you will be affected.
If the person to be restrained violates the restraining order, he or she may go to jail, or pay a fine, or both

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Stew posted:

Im a broke student and don't have the money for a gun.

I hope it's OK but I called the library and gave my own name, and reported the incident to them for you. And the fact that I'm an attorney.

Can we talk or something? I'm going to be pursuing this.

Bearded Whiteguy posted:

Yeah, not really the time or place for that. Come on, dude.

Beef, I completely understand. You did the right thing here. Think of your safety first. If they find out who it is, Martin may be able to get you a restraining order if it gets to that point, and while I know that's not much, in California it really messes up your life:

Yeah, don't get one of those, yet. But when the time comes, if it will actually help you and not put a target on you, we'll do that together.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
america

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009

Martin Random posted:

I hope it's OK but I called the library and gave my own name, and reported the incident to them for you. And the fact that I'm an attorney.

Man i really can't put into words how grateful i am that you are putting your own time and effort into helping some internet stranger. It really does mean alot to me man. I still remember reading your poo poo lasagna roommate story years ago and thinking it was the craziest funniest poo poo ever. What would be a good way to contact you?

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
can someone help me buy plat for beef please

i need his email address or some bullshit

you chose the right town to get nazi'd in buddy

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I think you should have blown his rear end away, IMO.

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Stew posted:

Man i really can't put into words how grateful i am that you are putting your own time and effort into helping some internet stranger. It really does mean alot to me man. I still remember reading your poo poo lasagna roommate story years ago and thinking it was the craziest funniest poo poo ever. What would be a good way to contact you?

If you're willing, I will represent you in all aspects in this, for free.

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

Martin Random posted:

If you want to keep it anonymous you can use your twitter accounts and DM. Beef, I can also buy you a plat account. Lowtax might as well get some money out of this.

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bearded Whiteguy posted:

If you want to keep it anonymous you can use your twitter accounts and DM. Beef, I can also buy you a plat account. Lowtax might as well get some money out of this.

I tried but I need his email first which kind of defeats the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009

Martin Random posted:

If you're willing, I will represent you in all aspects in this, for free.

I really do want this guy found because he's clearly unhinged and dangerous but I'm loving terrified of my name and identity becoming public and getting death threats or actual physical harm from some other crazy alt right fucks or the actual nazi himself.