Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The big book of Aussie smiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

So apparently Morrison is now saying schools shouldn't be able to kick students out for being gay. Must be seeing a big backlash.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Well that's reassuring. I thought when the Hurley hat came out and he was all fair dinkum power and the women in the party all dropped their complaints simultaneously I was worried they were getting their poo poo together enough to contend the next election.

Phew

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
morrison is an idiot

i came back from holiday to this stupid opera house and gay kid harassing thing and im thinking we just had the plebiscite, as far as polling goes it doesn’t get much better than that outside an election

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Reclines Obesily posted:

i came back from holiday to this stupid opera house and gay kid harassing thing and im thinking we just had the plebiscite, as far as polling goes it doesn’t get much better than that outside an election

They know it's going to poll terribly but rather than think of how to not do it they have a compulsion to think of how they can sneak it through, because they're loving homophobic ghouls

Luckily it's leaked so everyone can poo poo on them accordingly

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf

Kommando posted:

Warcraft 2 over IPX

Chucking together a quick page on OzEmail pages to help setup IPX Networks over Dos in 1995, and then continuing to get emails over it for the next 15 years...

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

hambeet posted:

oh wait here's my local liberal candidate.

sheesh

lol at the image name "RyanFarrow_hero.jpg"

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

NTRabbit posted:

It's the biggest and best sport in the country, they couldn't not include it in news bulletins nation wide.
And here I thought I was being funny with it because it's the off season...

Also wrongo!

Bike riding is the top sport by participation and Cricket if you have to have a team involved. By participation by gender Netball tops the AFL. If you measure it by the number of sad fat poo poo heads who watch it while swilling beer and gulping unhealthy snacks before beating or raping their partners then AFL is a clear winner.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_Australia

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Cartoon posted:

Also wrongo!

Bike riding is the top sport by participation and Cricket if you have to have a team involved. By participation by gender Netball tops the AFL. If you measure it by the number of sad fat poo poo heads who watch it while swilling beer and gulping unhealthy snacks before beating or raping their partners then AFL is a clear winner.

How many people tune in to watch kids ride a bike or give a gently caress about netball. This poo poo is stupid.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Duuuuhhhhhhhhhh Monopoly is the most popular game more news about Monopoly.

e: thinking about it you must like Monopoly since you probably dress the same as the bloke wearing a monocle while staring down the filthy proles that like football.

JBP fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 12, 2018

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
who was the mia freedman defender again? because she's looking for about 12 million dollars to give business startup advice to ladies.

(advice may already be provided free of charge by state and federal governments)

https://twitter.com/ginarush/status/1050188857537220609?s=09

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 12, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

thatbastardken posted:

who was the mia freedman defender again? because she's looking for about 12 million dollars to give business startup advice to ladies.

(advice may already be provided free of charge by state and federal governments)

hobo erotica

AgentF
May 11, 2009

JBP posted:

Duuuuhhhhhhhhhh Monopoly is the most popular game more news about Monopoly.

e: thinking about it you must like Monopoly since you probably dress the same as the bloke wearing a monocle while staring down the filthy proles that like football.

That or the point is actually don't show news about Monopoly and don't show news about AFL. I think you're making his point for him.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

AgentF posted:

That or the point is actually don't show news about Monopoly and don't show news about AFL. I think you're making his point for him.

People want to see news about AFL. It's the fourth best attended sport globally. I'm sorry if some posters are upset that large numbers of people are interested in changes to a national game.

Second to this, his entire argument is don't show AFL because the people that watch it are uniformly fat rapists.

e: and they like... b... b... b... beer :magical:

JBP fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 12, 2018

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

thatbastardken posted:

https://twitter.com/ginarush/status/1050188857537220609?s=09

https://twitter.com/liamvhogan/status/1050226208007278592

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

An inner-Brisbane sewage pump may have to be moved to make way for a proposed $315 million Brisbane Metro station.

Queensland Urban Utilities submitted a development application to Brisbane City Council on Thursday proposing moving the current sewage pump station from near South Brisbane train station to Alexander Smith Place, less than 200 metres away.

The park for the proposed sewage pump is on the corner of Grey Street and Peel Street, directly outside the Queensland Labor Party’s headquarters.

The council was involved in the selection of the new site as it related to the Brisbane Metro project.

Brisbane's LNP deputy mayor, Adrian Schrinner, said the new sewage pump's location was purely coincidental.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Voters In 2020 posted:

Why would I vote for a party that smells like sewerage?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Pictured: Queensland Labor Headquarters after multiple Brisbane City Council rezoning initiatives for Brisbane Metro. 2023

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Usually they're more circumspect than this but yeah, the Young Liberals and Young Nationals have been filled with the type of person who'd happily sing Horst Wessel Lied if they knew could get away with it for a while now.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
There used to be a regular "empowering women through business" meeting at the restaurant I managed. Sadly the whole thing was just a way to push herbalife and other MLM products onto them.

Scam Economy, everything is deceptive bullshit these days.

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
Labor supports fast-tracking tax cuts for small to medium-sized businesses

http://abc.net.au/news/2018-10-12/labor-supports-fast-tracking-the-tax-cuts/10369226

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Good I guess? As long as they are still giving the middle finger to the bigger business cuts?

Once again really want to avoid fighting an election on tax cuts? Smart cowards or dumb cowards. Not sure because loving polling companies have given the LNP a grace period for no reason.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

do it on my face posted:

Labor supports fast-tracking tax cuts for small to medium-sized businesses

http://abc.net.au/news/2018-10-12/labor-supports-fast-tracking-the-tax-cuts/10369226

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with this so long as they actually deliver on penalty rate rollbacks and enable some level of industry bargaining to guarantee the cash saving will go into the pockets of workers as well as the business.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm a woman with the skills, qualifications and drive to set up a business. do you know why i haven't set up a business? because of the ~25 jobs i've had in my life, three have paid me legal minimum wage and two of those i had to leave because of abusive male employers, leaving me at almost thirty with a million certificates and years of experience and skills but no money and no connections. "empowering" me isn't going to do poo poo to help me start a business, it's just perpetuating the lie that i have any control whatsoever over my career and financial future when there is a whole male-dominated system dedicated to keeping that control out of my hands, and making me feel bad for not "taking responsibility" for starting my career when career starts are only handed out, by men, to women who they deem worthy of having the chance to make it (because those women are either their daughters or their fucks)

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
the one industry in which women are allowed to have control is care. of the women under thirty i know who've made their own careers without getting that all-important first start from a parent or a parent's close friend, and i can count them on one hand, they did it by working really loving hard for years in one of three areas: aged care, community services, or nursing. none of them are in those industries anymore, but to get the money and the references to be considered worthy of a career in an industry they actually wanted to work in, they had to do their womanly duty and put in the hard yards wiping asses and changing diapers. if you're a woman unsuited to human care work, and a lot of women are because it is a loving hard job, you're poo poo out of luck.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Cartoon posted:

Also wrongo!

’m a die hard Bunnies supporter, but Knights are my number 2, couldn’t help but get caught up in the celebrations in 97’ when I was in working for BHP, knew the Johns brothers from playing Cessnock B grade and met all the boys out on Mad Monday at the Great Northern Hotel, thought it was a good idea to get a 200 foot of tarpaulin lay it down the road at Cooks Hill greased it up with two dozen tubes of KY Jelly and a few cans of DW40 slid down bad idea got third degree grazing on my abdomen lost both of my milkers (nipples) snapped my fibula required multiple skin grafts at John Hunter Hospital bloody good night though still the mates with the ambo driver, Joey rode shotgun dressed as a cowboy eating a tiger pie from Harry’s Cafe d’Wheels.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

incredible flesh posted:

the one industry in which women are allowed to have control is care. of the women under thirty i know who've made their own careers without getting that all-important first start from a parent or a parent's close friend, and i can count them on one hand, they did it by working really loving hard for years in one of three areas: aged care, community services, or nursing. none of them are in those industries anymore, but to get the money and the references to be considered worthy of a career in an industry they actually wanted to work in, they had to do their womanly duty and put in the hard yards wiping asses and changing diapers. if you're a woman unsuited to human care work, and a lot of women are because it is a loving hard job, you're poo poo out of luck.

I don't know any women that have had to do this to get other careers but I'll take your word for it.

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
Having a rough week JBP? You are being a right sook this page, got triggered when someone talked poo poo about loving football and now you're trotting out the old ":downswords: all the women I know are successful" poo poo when a women says it can be hard to be successful as a women.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Do people still say triggered?

Also I had no idea women went into care professions for references to take into other industries. I've never heard of that and I take the post as being real. Relax friend.

vvv ah well that's not the intention, I've just never heard of caring as a stepping stone and if it is that sucks for numerous reasons

JBP fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 12, 2018

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

JBP posted:

Do people still say triggered?

Also I had no idea women went into care professions for references to take into other industries. I've never heard of that and I take the post as being real. Relax friend.

fwiw, you are coming across as being condescending / disbelieving with that post

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

I hadn't heard of it before but when I was still a trainee engineer at the steelworks, one of my bosses let slip in conversation somehow that he thought I'd been a nurse before I started doing engineering, so maybe it's more widely spread than you'd think. Oh, if I recall I was arguing with him over his idea that some committee got nothing done because they were arguing like a bunch of women (due to being a bunch of women) and I pointed out almost every committee meeting is exactly the same regardless of whether men or women are involved, unless there's someone running the meeting properly and making sure people stuck to the agenda and agreed on actions instead of "having discussions". Same dude ran over from the other side of the office and kissed me full on the mouth because he overheard me talking about a birthday party and assumed that it was MY birthday and therefore as my boss he had to "congratulate" me so that gives you an idea of the kind of person who thinks that sort of thing.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

tithin posted:

fwiw, you are coming across as being condescending / disbelieving with that post
disagreement is fascism

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Stoca Zola posted:

I hadn't heard of it before but when I was still a trainee engineer at the steelworks, one of my bosses let slip in conversation somehow that he thought I'd been a nurse before I started doing engineering, so maybe it's more widely spread than you'd think. Oh, if I recall I was arguing with him over his idea that some committee got nothing done because they were arguing like a bunch of women (due to being a bunch of women) and I pointed out almost every committee meeting is exactly the same regardless of whether men or women are involved, unless there's someone running the meeting properly and making sure people stuck to the agenda and agreed on actions instead of "having discussions". Same dude ran over from the other side of the office and kissed me full on the mouth because he overheard me talking about a birthday party and assumed that it was MY birthday and therefore as my boss he had to "congratulate" me so that gives you an idea of the kind of person who thinks that sort of thing.

What the gently caress

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's me. The man who invested in Nine thinking the Fairfax merger would cause it to moon

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Cartoon posted:

Also wrongo!

So I've been whinging about the lack of bike paths in WA, the fact bike riding is the most popular by participation gives my whinging some shred of credibility. Thanks!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jonah Galtberg posted:

disagreement is fascism

I'll bash your fash

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/australian/status/1050596629693120513

JBP
Feb 16, 2017