Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the type of people these things are intended for probably have nearly all of, if not all of them, already done, so i can understand the decision behind it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They'd better list which ones you havent done somehow.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!
Yeah, the people on Reddit and the forums complaining about needing to do the starchart are going to lose their poo poo when they realize there aren't any revives in Arbitrations.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The aura looks nice at first but unless it's the same polarity as corrosive projection you won't see it used much.

And, even if power donation were polarity compatible, wouldn't it still be better to take corpro?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Arbitrations should've been Sortie 3 levels instead of Sortie 1 levels.

Also Solo-only.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Feel free to take videos of you soloing them with peculiar mods on. Again, not going to be terrifyingly hard, but at least it's demonstrable epeen.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

devinebovine posted:

Yeah, the people on Reddit and the forums complaining about needing to do the starchart are going to lose their poo poo when they realize there aren't any revives in Arbitrations.

Not super thrilled about not being able to pick up teammates, but it really doesn't matter.

3 minute drills are going to be the bigger annoyance.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
it's going to be hilarious loading up the AW rush missions with all 4 of us hoping for a carry

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Oh my God they're really going to make me do all those defection and archwing missions that I spent so long avoiding?

Fuckin DE loves to watch us suffer.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Gonkish posted:

Oh my God they're really going to make me do all those defection and archwing missions that I spent so long avoiding?

Fuckin DE loves to watch us suffer.

The only Archwing one I can't manage for the life of me is the one on Phobos.

How are you even supposed to do that.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Get a mega nerd from the clan to help you out.

Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012
In my experience, step one is get a Fluctus and there is no step two, Fluctus makes that mission a breeze.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I usually have one go at each mastery test blind then look it up after getting horribly wrecked

what was with MR14, did they swap it with MR2 or something? I was waiting for the gimmick to hit but nope just kill some level 20 mooks using a frame you're almost certainly doing sorties in by then.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

You can practice them at Simaris before taking them for real.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
no patch yet?

stream was too late for me to catch it, what was the word?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Martout posted:

no patch yet?

stream was too late for me to catch it, what was the word?
One or two final issues to nail down, they're hoping to drop it first thing in the morning.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

to do arbitrations you have to clear every node on the star chart, as a heads up

fuk

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Johnny Joestar posted:

to do arbitrations you have to clear every node on the star chart, as a heads up

oh poo poo looks like I have my work cut out for me, ugh all those spy missions

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

xiw posted:

I usually have one go at each mastery test blind then look it up after getting horribly wrecked

what was with MR14, did they swap it with MR2 or something? I was waiting for the gimmick to hit but nope just kill some level 20 mooks using a frame you're almost certainly doing sorties in by then.

"This will be your most difficult test yet, Tenno"

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

thankfully i only had a couple spare nodes to mop up. also keep in mind that derelict nodes count as well.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Johnny Joestar posted:

nnnnnnooooooooooooooooo

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i might have to actually ask for goon help with that archwing pursuit mission

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Jokes about the star map aside though, Arbitrations do look like a Fun Time. And if the drop tables are to be believed it’s going to be very good for Endo farming.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It's gonna lower the market prices for statues, they used to be at about 1 plat for 200 endo. Where are the little people supposed to find their plat now?

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
You can sell statues?! Why have I been filling my lander with them????

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SIGSEGV posted:

It's gonna lower the market prices for statues, they used to be at about 1 plat for 200 endo. Where are the little people supposed to find their plat now?

you can get a riven or two per week just from sorties, unrolled they sell at like 50plat iirc

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I've been filling my Orbiter with the statues I get from Sorites just to keep track of how many I've done.

Because it refuses to give me anything other than statues.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

SIGSEGV posted:

I made a effort post a bit back about ways to find things to sell for new players.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So when I started playing this a month ago the biggest hurdle I had as a new free-to-play player was figuring out how to get platinum without spending a cent, judging by how many posts on each page are about a lack of funds or waiting for a coupon to spend cash for a little platinum I thought I'd make a little guide on what you can do as a new player to get plat from trading and getting access to the items people will actually pay for.

I want to start off the guide by saying the most important thing you can do as a new player is to advance your mastery rank and starchart and do whatever is needed to access and complete junctions, you'll be able to do invasions, alerts, fissures, sorties with valuable rewards and have access to missions which will obsolete endo and credit alerts in terms of rewards, with the index solving all credit problems immediately and forever.
As for mastery rank, that could be it's own guide, but in short, craft everything you can that doesn't require a forma or absurd materials and then sell it for credits after you level it to 30 and it isn't used as a crafting component for another weapon, use the wiki and keep a eye on this list of weapons http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients to avoid having to re-craft anything like I had to do a few times, keep one good weapon of each weapon type like hek for shotgun, dread for bow, atomos for pistol, ect, slots are too limited until you earn plat to be filled with stuff you actually want to keep around.

With that out of the way, here are your methods to acquire platinum early on, I'd recommend using https://warframe.market/ for selling the majority of your stuff.

Relics
Good way to expand your arsenal and your wallet, the relics themselves can be traded and even the lowliest reward can be sold for 3-5p, people usually buy up junk pieces five at a time or the whole item set and you might get lucky with a random person bringing in a valuable drop, you'll eventually after enough time figure out what is valuable, but the short version for what to pick out of a reward is either go for what everyone else is or:
Pick the old vaulted item if you recognize one > Gold item > Silver Item > Bronze item > Forma blueprint
If your aiming for a specific rare item out of a relic, use void traces to make it radiant and use clan and recruit chat to find 3 other people who also want that rare item out of their relic, gives you 4 chances to get it at the best odds.
Good place to find relics are spy missions or endless missions like defense, interception.

Syndicate Reputation
While appearing daunting to a new player from info overload and daunting early sacrifices of credits, forma and catalysts to rank up, they are worth leveling up for more available stuff to buy and higher reputation gains from missions.
Which syndicate to pick? Pick three on the left or the right of your choosing, if you pick one side you can trade for parts from the other side, I'd recommend starting with either Suda/Hexis or Loka/Perrin since you get 50% reputation for the other.
For the missions themselves you want to collect up to 8 symbols hidden on most of the missions, even if they aren't the more valuable rare symbols you'll gain more then the base reputation from the mission from them, grab Loot detector/Thief's Wit/Animal Instinct/Vacuum on your best loot box destroying weapon or warframe, with Limbo and Khora being the ideal warframe but Excalibur working just fine too, break everything with a white icon, if it isn't broken, pick it up, also a good way to find and learn the spawn locations of ayatan sculptures.
For making plat from syndicates, as soon as you have access to the archwing weapon parts early you have something people will pay for, on average you'll get 14-16p for archwing parts and mods from syndicates for 20-25k rep and 40p for the weapons for 100-125k rep, you might even find something you want to use yourself.

Cetus Plains
The plains are a love it or hate it place from my experience and everyone will eventually need something from there, I don't mind doing the missions and gathering on it, lot of people hate it and will pay you massive amounts of plat to get the most basic of materials, be sure to start gaining daily cetus reputation early on to gain access to the better fishing and mining tools, most fish will sell for 2p each, 3p for large, most gems will be 1-2p each until you have the best mining laser.
As for bounties that's where you get the best money, the final 3 tiers of bounties give you some good rewards, focus lenses are something everyone including yourself will need and sell well, the relics sell well, you can get a sudden windfall with a rare mod like augur secrets and sell it for 80p+ and the uncommon mods like augur reach sell well too.
When you eventually cap out Cetus reputation you can turn the excess into exodia blueprints to craft and sell or make zaws for yourself which are top tier custom melee weapons.

Dragon key Mods and regular mods
Dragon keys: You'll probably want a copy of everything for yourself before you sell anything and it will take a lot of runs, but the good mods can be worth 20-25p each with usually fast exploration based runs and you don't need to be very strong or far into the game to do them, just wiki how to get the blueprints for the dragon keys from the clan and map blueprints from the market, you will need some void traces but not many.
For regular mods, the things of value will be sub 5% droprate from uncommonly run areas or rare enemies, but if you are acquiring a lot of mods from doing a lot of index runs, consider tossing 4 rare mods at a time into the transmuter and pray to RNG to get one of the rare or uncommon mods worth 10-60p, it's how I filled out a lot of my more niche mods for pets and archwings and sold off duplicate condition overloads, berserker, lifestrike, bite, link health and so on, it only costs credits and endo to transmute and the returns are potentially platinum.

Sorties
Available after war within, don't worry if your not pulling your weight well on them because most people doing them can solo them, the lowliest tradeable reward from them is around 20p and a top end of a 80p veiled riven mod or lottery win of a legendary core for a few hundred plat, you'll get a free riven from doing the quest to unlock sorties which you can sell as-is to someone for a decent payout if you don't want to gamble it by unveiling it, do your sorties every day.

Resource Boosters
Either by getting it randomly from the daily login or a 3 day boost from a sortie or just spending the 200 plat on a 30 day booster after you already acquired a bit of plat, it can pay for itself in short order and make a few materials less grindy to acquire, here are a few things a resource booster would work on that can be turned into plat directly or indirectly:
  • Fish
  • Gems
  • Cetus Wisps
  • Kuva
  • Void Traces for more Radiant relics and more rares to sell
I would also recommend working towards getting a Smeeta Kavat anytime you go to the plains or kuva missions because of it's random chance to give you a 2 minute resource doubler, which doubles the doubling you double from the resource boost for 4 wisps/fish/gems every time you find one or giving a free mission worth of kuva.

For the longest time I had no idea what people were actually interested in buying but after figuring it out I can quickly use up all my trades each day and never have to worry about platinum, with this info to help you along you too can become a Adventure Capitalist!

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 12, 2018

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
On another note, what are peoples favorite frames to bring into high level missions, for me it's been Trinity, Octavia, Khora and lately a bit more Limbo.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I've been slowly learning what to do and stuff, one thing is puzzling re: Amps

You say 1/1/1 are the best and you should get it asap, how do I level Quills rep though? I thought about getting those cores from the little assholes but this would take forever, are there missions that give rep?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Quills rep is pretty much all Eidolon hunting. Go out, hunt Teralysts, get better amps and arcanes, repeat.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

On another note, what are peoples favorite frames to bring into high level missions, for me it's been Trinity, Octavia, Khora and lately a bit more Limbo.

Oberon and Nova are my go to. I also really like Banshee but it can be a risky pick sometimes.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I've been slowly learning what to do and stuff, one thing is puzzling re: Amps

You say 1/1/1 are the best and you should get it asap, how do I level Quills rep though? I thought about getting those cores from the little assholes but this would take forever, are there missions that give rep?

Strictly, other amps are 'the best' (for eidolan hunting). 1/1/1 is just a big jump over your mote amp and relatively easy to get..

The easiest way to get Quill rep is to tag along on Dolan hunts as Trinity. In that role, your primary job is to keep bless up, and secondary job is to kill random voms. Both jobs are compatible with a mote amp.

One tridolan or a few single-dolan runs should provide plenty of rep for a 1/1/1 amp. Wisps, on the other hand, are a pain.

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 12, 2018

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I lean most heavily on Mesa and Excalibur for high level stuff, but Oberon is no slouch. Limbo also has his uses, but I'm still not back into the flow for him yet.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Nezha is my go-to frame, hard to kill, hard to catch, CC for days and can boost everyone's damage while flooding the map with health and energy orbs.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Gara is pretty much my default for most high end content at this point.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I made a effort post a bit back about ways to find things to sell for new players.

I know, I even got some prime sets to sell, I just need to get off my rear end and get on warframe market and see what a nyx p and a rhino p get me, among other things.

I'm just lazy.

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

Tell me about how to build Oberon prime; I just got him from cracking relics and am feeling pretty anemic power wise after coming from hydroid prime, although I was try to level up the gorgon at the same time so that might have something to do with feeling weak... I don’t have a matching polarity aura mod yet unfortunately

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

SIGSEGV posted:

I know, I even got some prime sets to sell, I just need to get off my rear end and get on warframe market...

At this point, Warframe should just add an in-game market :colbert: Out of game tools are a pain to use and still require dealing with random scammers/idiots.

A 2 plat listing fee would even be a good revenue source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

3gb patch time!