Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BULBASAUR posted:

drat, that sucks. I know some armies got hit with the interceptor buff, but you shouldn't be salty about it.

Are you sure you're talking about 30k?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Anybody ever try out the Mournival Group�s errata that the Eye if Horus guys mention every once in awhile? Skimming through it, it seems to have a lot of common sense adjustments.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1HRPZlvCDiGVtKvL0SE7OQ2X5gvSt66LE?usp=drive_open
Under �Army List Errata�

edit: what on earth is up with my apostrophes

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 10, 2018

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I took a look and, personally, it's too much and too heavy handed. Their approach is basically the opposite of my design philosophy- buff weak units or gear to make them a viable option, limit changes to only those accessable to everyone, and don't change the spirit of the game.

Like, imagine having to layer all those changes into your existing rules and justifying why Iron Warriors are now nerfed but Raven Guard can now take infiltrating contemptor dreadnaughts. Since the changes are a total meta shift it's more appropriate to call it a mod than an errata.

I love the EoH guys, but not really a fan of their rules writing :shrug:. It's def cool though

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Haha Sekhmet go down to 1W, Magnus gains nearly 100 points and loses the two best abilities he has, someone definitely got thrashed by a big time Sekhmet list.

Honestly I don’t think Sekhmet are nearly as bad now without the ability to get Levitate guaranteed.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I am fully onboard the Sekhmet get 1W train. Russ needs to take a bit of a nerf, too though.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
I’m hereby awarding this thread the “Balanced” USR

Broken Record Talk fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 10, 2018

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

I took a look and, personally, it's too much and too heavy handed. Their approach is basically the opposite of my design philosophy- buff weak units or gear to make them a viable option, limit changes to only those accessable to everyone, and don't change the spirit of the game.

Like, imagine having to layer all those changes into your existing rules and justifying why Iron Warriors are now nerfed but Raven Guard can now take infiltrating contemptor dreadnaughts. Since the changes are a total meta shift it's more appropriate to call it a mod than an errata.

I love the EoH guys, but not really a fan of their rules writing :shrug:. It's def cool though

Well so much for game recognizing game.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Make Sekmet 0 wounds. They crumble to dust on the first turn

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Ghazk posted:

God’s Game

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Ghazk posted:

Invulnerable but if you chip the coat of paint they die from the dirt leaking out

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Got tabled and mad this weekend, flung my Praetor into the trash can because the dude has never even seen combat.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I think the customizable character sheet is a good step in the right direction (and echoes some of the TS+ changes), but so much of that Mournival stuff is just fanfic-level bad. The Watch Packs? Abaddon being just good as gently caress? ???

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DrPop posted:

I think the customizable character sheet is a good step in the right direction (and echoes some of the TS+ changes), but so much of that Mournival stuff is just fanfic-level bad. The Watch Packs? Abaddon being just good as gently caress? ???
Be nice. They're Australian.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

panascope posted:

Got tabled and mad this weekend, flung my Praetor into the trash can because the dude has never even seen combat.

Be nice to your toys.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

DrPop posted:

Word, there are some good changes in there, but it's buried with a lot of 'wish list' stuff. I do really like the idea of a character progression system. I will definitely consider something like it for the 30K+ TS+ campaign system I'm planning to do next year. Their points of interest system is also pretty good.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Hadn’t ventured into the new unit section, hooo boy

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Two Beans posted:

Be nice to your toys.

You’re talking to a man who gets a new Mercedes every year; all of his things are disposable.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Broken Record Talk posted:

You’re talking to a man who gets a new Mercedes every year; all of his things are disposable.
You would too if you pissed in your cars as much as he does.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Broken Record Talk posted:

Correction: it’s every 4 months.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

panascope posted:

Whitness(Ed).

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

panascope posted:

Correction: it’s every 4 months.

If I saw how cars were made up front like you get to I'd probably get a new car that often too.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

30k players: Drive a new Benz to games.
40k players: Have their elderly parents drop them off in the busted 1980’s Lincoln.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm working on ZM lists and finally updated my spreadsheets with the 15ppm breacher numbers FW so kindly bestowed upon us. Holy gently caress do they suck. I love this dumb unit, but they are up there with destroyers.

What I'm saying is that my 1000pt ZM list at LVO will be one unit of breachers, a warsmith, and two iron circle. Prepare to get owned loyalists!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Finished the last of my allied detachment tonight. The Great Paintening begins this weekend

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Finished the last of my allied detachment tonight. The Great Paintening begins this weekend

Business crow has no time for your bullshit.

These are fantastic, can't wait to see them painted.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm working on ZM lists and finally updated my spreadsheets with the 15ppm breacher numbers FW so kindly bestowed upon us. Holy gently caress do they suck. I love this dumb unit, but they are up there with destroyers.

What I'm saying is that my 1000pt ZM list at LVO will be one unit of breachers, a warsmith, and two iron circle. Prepare to get owned loyalists!

Mine list is very similar and may be even worse than your list. Imagine having a special unit, but wait, are essentially the same AND cost more!

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

BULBASAUR posted:

I understand there seems to be an approach to photographing unpainted vs painted models among certain hobbyists where the unpainted stuff is photographed in black and white, but I’d love to see a color photo of this so i can more easily tell where the greenstuff is.

Also yeah those are amazing and inspiring. Wow.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Thanks dudes. I can post color pictures. There's just a lot of different colored metal/resin/plastic/grey stuff/green stuff so I thought B+W would make it look less crazy. I don't photoshop my images besides adjusting the levels for my WIPs. All my painted pix are unedited.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Stephenls posted:

I understand there seems to be an approach to photographing unpainted vs painted models among certain hobbyists where the unpainted stuff is photographed in black and white, but I’d love to see a color photo of this so i can more easily tell where the greenstuff is.

Also yeah those are amazing and inspiring. Wow.

I do B&W shots in order to hide my chinese recast resin.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Mango Polo posted:

I do B&W shots in order to hide my chinese recast resin.

:eyepop:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

hail satan

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
HAIL SOME TS+ ALREADY

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Technically AT is a Heresy game and I’m really happy with this guy so I’m posting him here.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

drat that’s a good bot, excited to punch

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Dual fist Warlord can't come soon enough.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Technically AT is a Heresy game and I’m really happy with this guy so I’m posting him here.

He's great. Awesome job.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Hooray Warp Runners! I especially like the base, nice sense of scale with the tree.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Looking forward to destroying that beautiful boy

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Dexys Warp Runners?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is there a reason the Valdor has a 36" range in 30k but a 72" in 40k? It looks like it's been 72" at least since Imperial Armour 1 (the Second Edition of that, 2012 I think?), but HH4 (the Solar Aux one) and the Crusade Redbook both say 36".

And it has to be a choice (not just FW not knowing how to write rules, which is generally my "go to" explanation) because the 8E Imperial Armour book has it back at 72".

:confused:

E: The shot power looks to be comparable in IA1 and Crusade: S10, AP1, either Ord 2 (30k) or D3 (40k), it's true that the IA1 version has the Feedback rule but that's gone in both 30k and 8E so it's not a "40k shoots further but weaker and it's more dangerous to use" thing, it's just a secular decrease in range by 50%.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 16, 2018