Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

making GBS threads Christ, I know cartoonists love to take the piss out of the Scots, but that Indie is absolutely unintelligible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

J_RBG posted:

Christ look at the people at the bottom of Blower's latest. He's incapable of drawing two pictures of the same person. Sturgeon's features also shrink further into her face in the second panel. Blower truly does blow

I think you'll find the intense shock that comes from the unprecedented surprise announcement that the SNP quite likes the european union is enough to change the colour of your hair and completely morph the shape of your entire nose

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

making GBS threads Christ, I know cartoonists love to take the piss out of the Scots, but that Indie is absolutely unintelligible.

Sword dances are Scottish. The swords are contentious issues. Theresa May did a dance. Och aye jings and crivvens and so forth.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure which accent it is that he's tried for. I supposed it depends how he intended it to be read, RP accent phonetics?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the universal credit rollout – Ex-Labour leader Gordon Brown has called on the government to scrap its plans for nationwide implementation of the new benefit system next year"

Telegraph:

UK supreme court backs bakery that refused to make gay marriage cake

Matt:

Eugenie wedding: All you need to know about princess's big day

Independent:

Theresa May faces Brexit battle as DUP threatens to sabotage government

Times:

Saudi journalist 'killed inside consulate' – Turkish sources

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... wedding cake inscriptions

‘Nowadays, Sir, it’s very important to get an acceptable inscription on the cake. So how about : ‘Should’ve gone to Specsavers?’

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress off, Mac

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

goatface posted:

I'm not sure which accent it is that he's tried for. I supposed it depends how he intended it to be read, RP accent phonetics?

I'd like to pretene "duncin" is a failed attempt at an amusing play on the word "dunce", but this is political cartoons so there's no reason to assume he's not just randomly changed some vowels and called it a day

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
it's me, i'm the man who smiled momentarily at a mac cartoon

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Mycroft Holmes posted:

it's me, i'm the man who smiled momentarily at a mac cartoon

haha fat old women are hideous, amirite guys

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
turn your monitor on!

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I know the saudis are a hideous hell-dynasty but is MBS particularly renowned for having thick red lips
also lol: CROWN PRINCE

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Kegluneq posted:

haha fat old women are hideous, amirite guys

It took this comment for me to even get what the gently caress Mac was on about with that cartoon. I thought it was something to do with the gay baker cake thing this week, coupled with the ancient Specsavers gag somehow...

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
The one good thing about that Mac is he understands how writing works on a shop window. Backwards writing seems to be beyond Davey.

bicycle
Oct 23, 2013

Parkingtigers posted:

It took this comment for me to even get what the gently caress Mac was on about with that cartoon. I thought it was something to do with the gay baker cake thing this week, coupled with the ancient Specsavers gag somehow...

its basically a POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD response triggered by THE GAYS that mac has magnificently spun into an UGLY WIMMEN EH? joke

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
If he'd made her black as well, we'd have a bingo.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on John Major's universal credit remarks – The work and pensions secretary, Esther McVey, has admitted some families will be “worse off” under universal credit, after a warning from Sir John Major that the controversial welfare overhaul could end up being as damaging as the poll tax"

Matt:

Storm Callum batters Britain with gale-force winds and heavy rain; Princess Eugenie wedding: royal marries at star-studded ceremony

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Brexit: No 10 says it will not agree to indefinite customs union with EU

Mail:
Mac on... another royal wedding

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Uh huh, sure thing Ma(tt/c).

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why the gently caress did he put STORM CALLUM there in a box? What the gently caress does that add? Just cut some of your loving wasted space you gently caress.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maybe he believes in the conspiracy theory that storms are planted by commercial airliners and also they carry reminders of what storm they're supposed to be causing.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Eh, I almost chuckled at that Matt.

bicycle
Oct 23, 2013
matts are often worth a small smile or chuckle but not at that price tag

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I hope that for his last ever comic he scribbles a stickman having a poo poo and the caption is "I got paid £1,400 for this."

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I did a search for that Banx guy at the FT, and holy poo poo he really is copying Matt's phoned-in "two people exchanging a bland comment while walking" vibe.

https://twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/971464309481107457

https://twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/948623769337294848

https://twitter.com/Banxcartoons/status/1029759110760329216

https://twitter.com/Banxcartoons/status/1050050242878550023

https://twitter.com/Banxcartoons/status/1034830123655213057

There's also a whole ton of them which are just an old married couple sitting in armchairs reading the paper.

https://twitter.com/Banxcartoons/status/1032294636117745665

https://twitter.com/Banxcartoons/status/1032587982900002816

https://twitter.com/Banxcartoons/status/1034466186602405888

https://twitter.com/Banxcartoons/status/1037006738879401984

https://twitter.com/Banxcartoons/status/1039899616102240256

With bonus "gently caress off, Banx".

https://twitter.com/gavinesler/status/1002493551891099648

I'm sorry, but if I had to see this low effort trash, you have to see this low effort trash. I see him, Matt, and Mac, (among others) are all judges for "Young Cartoonist of the Year" awards this month. They get paid money for this poo poo, and are considered influential, their opinions important. gently caress. Everything.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Parkingtigers posted:

I did a search for that Banx guy at the FT, and holy poo poo he really is copying Matt's phoned-in "two people exchanging a bland comment while walking" vibe.

https://twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/971464309481107457

When you have to write White House on a placard because you can't think of any way to make one of the most well known buildings in the world identifiable without a tag, that's when you know you're a great cartoonist.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

bicycle posted:

matts are often worth a small smile or chuckle but not at that price tag

this is the thing about Matt, even in the event of a Good Matt you have to weigh up whether it was really worth paying him two thousand-odd pounds for it. he's doomed from the get-go.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
loving hell, those Banx's made me lose the will to live

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Banxy

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, at least Matt has a somewhat more charming art-style. Those Banx ones are just joyless.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the DUP and extending the Brexit transition – It is likely the UK would need to pay more on top of its £39bn divorce bill to cover the extra time it would benefit from EU membership"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Thomas Buchanan Read.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Nightmare on Downing Street – Behind Theresa May’s assertion that austerity is over lurk the horrors of universal credit, Brexit and the DUP"

Sunday Telegraph:

Can Theresa May survive calling the DUP's bluff on Brexit?

Matt

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent on Sunday:

I'm the tiny label on the giant cauldron.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Arlene Foster's Brexit threat – Theresa May has been told the DUP leader is ready to trigger a no-deal Brexit following a ‘hostile’ exchange with the EU’s chief negotiator"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Meghan and Harry announce pregnancy with baby due in spring

Independent:

Times:

Melania Trump: 'I really don't care, do you?' jacket did send message; Trump vows 'severe punishment' if Saudis killed Jamal Khashoggi

Evening Standard:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I laughed at a Matt I will go die of shame now :negative:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on fracking/Brexit backstop controversies – Theresa May says EU insistence on Northern Ireland backstop is unacceptable, while fracking begins in UK for first time since 2011"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Combat loneliness with 'social prescribing', says Theresa May

Evening Standard:

May calls for unity after getting cabinet backing for Brexit strategy

Mail:
Mac on... Meghan Markle's pregancy announcement

David Squires:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

What in the hell is Mac going on about?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

What in the hell is Mac going on about?

Well you see, these incredibly well-informed and patriotic Australian bushmen, with only a broken TV and a bucket for entertainment, decided to phone the visiting royal party, who they of course knew were in country, and whose number they of course had, and of course being put straight through, to congratulate them on the pregnancy they of course heard about on their broken TV, and then there was a HILARIOUS misunderstanding because British people don't understand Australian vernacular English.

I mean... could happen.

Oh, and their response was Aussie slang for "gently caress off, Mac". It's meta.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May getting cabinet support for her Brexit plan – The prime minister asked her senior ministers to stand firm before a crucial EU summit"

Telegraph:

Blue Peter: Former hosts celebrate 60th birthday of TV series

Matt:

Independent:

Eight Cabinet ministers meet for 'pizza plot' to block Theresa May's Brexit strategy

Times:

MPs disagree about asking John Bercow to quit over bullying row

Evening Standard:

'Very good progress' on Brexit, May says at Brussels summit

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's defence of the Saudi regime – The US president has warned against a rush to judgment over the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi" After Botticelli.

Telegraph:

"I have made no false promises on Brexit – I’m free to tell you the truth" - John Major

Matt:

'Mad cow disease' at Aberdeenshire farm after BSE confirmed

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Theresa May signals willingness to extend transition period

Mail:
MAC on... ending free TV licences

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Never thought I'd see the day when Mac was commenting on the extra handouts given to the upper echelons but here we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the chance of extending the Brexit transition – Theresa May has played down the idea of lengthening the period of transition after reports saying that she might let it run until December 2021"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Banksy video shows plan to shred entire Girl With Balloon artwork

Evening Standard:

Halloween review – Jamie Lee Curtis is back! But this time: no tricks or treats

Mail:
Mac on... the prolonged Brexit

David Squires: