Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Shageletic posted:

Pretty sure this guy ran with the inspiration for Nicholas Cage's character in Lord of War.

He was the biggest arms dealer of the 80s.

yooge arms deals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

tenderjerk posted:

texas is filled to the brim with people that will audibly disparage cruz and then quietly vote for him

the "shy soupy" effect

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
[trump's brain]

worm 1: [chanting] nepotism, nepotism-

Other brainworms: nepotism, NEPOTISM

Trump: [pounding his desk] NEPOTISM, NEPOTISM, NEPOTISM!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dolash posted:

I feel like we don't hear as much out of Jared and Ivanka as we used to in that first year. I think I miss the Bannon/Priebus/Kushner power struggle era, the post-Kelly crackdown may not have reined in Trump himself but it seems like it collapsed a lot of the organizational infighting into just a grim go-nowhere death march.

yeah, my guess is that kelly finally got him to stop talking to maggie

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today, Kanye, mid-tweetstorm, happens upon a novel defense. “The Japanese way,” he writes, captioning two illustrations of traditional wooden Japanese geta that suggest the wearer’s heels hang a few centimeters past the end.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1050590187586084864
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1050747599224020993

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Poor Don Jr. mever gets mentioned for anything

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

gregday posted:

the only reason trump hates windmills is there was a wind farm next door to his scottish golf course and he thought it ruined the view

so began his decades long hatred of windmills

we love birds

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

pathetic little tramp posted:

lol lowtax literally pointed this poo poo out with FYAD in the early 2000s

And yet Lowtax was right about how to deal with that poo poo the whole time: call it stupid and ban the dumb fuckers who couldn't tell irony from legit nazism

nah, the beautiful thing about it is the left operates in a lot of the same ways (becoming radicalized by dope communism aesthetics and funy fortnite podcastmen), but the right has managed to somehow take a step back and identify the mechanisms by which people are radicalized and accept the mechanism as separate from the ideology

so you get situations like in the article where a nazi looks at a guy who seems like a cuck but says he just has to hide his power level to convert normies. he understands radicalization is goal, rather than ideas as goal. but the idea of someone like beto appearing centrist on certain issues to broaden appeal to the demographic is a betrayal of revolutionary values. you're either all in all the time, or you're not. which is part of why the left is constantly infighting over ideology and the right has the time to infight over insane racist incest love squares that end in broken chicken coops

politics in 2018 owns

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

gently caress this EP is so good

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

alnilam posted:

windows kill more birds than any other anthropogenic cause, by like 3 orders of magnitude

also the intakes and exhaust from fossil fuel power plants kills more birds than windmills so displacing those plants with windmills is probably a wash in terms of bird death

wait how do birds wash the windmills

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Friendship ended with saudi arabia. Now turkey is my best friend
https://twitter.com/business/status/1050741896740556801?s=19

lol trump gonna extradite gulen

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Xelkelvos posted:

With 4chan, m00t and the new owner wouldn't have stopped poo poo. m00t was already checking out by the time Red Pilling became a thing and Hiro, the new owner, sees 4chan as a capitalistic venture where user data can be sold and monetized. Reddit nominally could do something as their staff seems at least nominally more responsive to stopping this stuff, but the owners, I think are in the same boat as Hiro, though maybe less craven.

wait the new owner of 4chan is named after the guy from snowcrash?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

mormonpartyboat posted:

quote:

Plasma, which constitutes 55% of blood fluid, is mostly water (92% by volume),

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

if you fear dying then you're already dead

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

very carefully :D

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

tenderjerk posted:

this is cool and good

it puzzled me that people looking in on texas from the outside thought this was competitive, you know how many good candidates we get for positions here that just get drubbed in the generals? In a just world our governor would be wendy davis but texas is addicted to just the chuddiest human beings

wendy davis did run a terrible campaign, though, but i know what you mean

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

glad he clarified it was Ivanka Trump and not some other Ivanka he was talking about

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
West Wing Bangers

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Billzasilver posted:

lmao ice cube will spend 18 minutes screentime trying to understand incel cult ure

walked mogged b/c my face is a sub 8 even with neck training

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

alnilam posted:

windows kill more birds than any other anthropogenic cause, by like 3 orders of magnitude

also the intakes and exhaust from fossil fuel power plants kills more birds than windmills so displacing those plants with windmills is probably a wash in terms of bird death

e: the second point is speaking only of direct kills; climate change, caused in large part by power plants, is going to kill mondo birdage

What really kills birds is chopping the tops of mountains off so we can get that sweet sweet coal. Windmills are ridiculously better for bird populations.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Gravy Jones posted:

glad he clarified it was Ivanka Trump and not some other Ivanka he was talking about

"Ivanka, my beautiful daughter, isn't she beautiful folks? Wouldn't you just like to gently caress her. Don't you want to just eat that rear end. My beautiful daughter veeryone." - Donald J trUmp

ty manifisto

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1050727301162389504

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
This feels like he's floating the Ivanka idea so that if the chuds rally around it enough and start loudly supporting it, he can just be like "oh hey I guess I HAVE to make Ivanka the UN ambassador now, the people demand it!"

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shageletic posted:

jesus christ schumer signed off on another 15 Republican judges again?

I'm sure he got something great in return like

*checks notes

democrats get to go home for a couple weeks

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:unsmith:

https://twitter.com/wowprettylady/status/1050749367584546816

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
dems are a mess

dems are a waste

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

phew now i can take all the credit

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Basebf555 posted:

This feels like he's floating the Ivanka idea so that if the chuds rally around it enough and start loudly supporting it, he can just be like "oh hey I guess I HAVE to make Ivanka the UN ambassador now, the people demand it!"

The echo chamber dynamic

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

belittling self-care and support is not a good look IMO

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol if you haven't had jaw angle implants and 3d skull inserts just lol

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

the only ethical consumption under capitalism is consumption of my daughter ivanka trump's rear end

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

i hope trump accidentally pisses off the saudis and mnuchin comes back in fifteen diplomatic bags

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/adambonin/status/1050749757445033984

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

neutral milf hotel posted:

wait the new owner of 4chan is named after the guy from snowcrash?

He has the same name. Full name is Hiroyuki Nishimura
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroyuki_Nishimura

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Basebf555 posted:

That's exactly what he's doing. He's fishing for a GOP senator to make an approximately supportive comment about it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/LAoMduZ.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/uFpwHPh.gifv

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
schumer has ascended from 'passively bad' to 'actively bad' so rapidly

chuck what are you doing my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
normal and good country where thousands of people have to organise with their local churches one month before the election to be able to vote:

https://twitter.com/tasheenafinn/status/1050520646265069568

• Locked thread