Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Love to start off the week in a 40 point hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Poque posted:

Love to start off the week in a 40 point hole

Had to double-check that this wasn't the Thailand thread

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well at least we've established that Jeffery is an every week starter.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm glad I followed my gut and started Wentz. And also that I was basically forced to start Jeffrey.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

How soon should I be making a play for Fournette? He's gonna be back somewhat soon, right? I'm thinking that I can burn a spot for him now and hold onto him until he's back to play. He's FA in my league, and my current RBs are:
McCoy
Lynch
Ekeler
Coleman
Cohen

Very tempted to jettison McCoy for Fournette.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wasn't there a report that he might be out till week 10?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Azhais posted:

Wasn't there a report that he might be out till week 10?

Yes

And then get hurt again

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Coleman is the better runner, Freeman the better pass-catching back. Haven't seen anything in the past two years (since the effortpost about it) to change my mind. And they aren't exactly lacking in pass-catchers in Atlanta now that Hooper is a top-5 TE like I said he would be.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well at least we've established that Jeffery is an every week starter.

It was Good. Hopefully this is more the norm, rather than last week.

Anyway, any streaming defenses to target this week? I hit a bullseye with the CIN defense last week but don't think @PIT is a very wise choice. Currently thinking LAC @CLE but could be persuaded otherwise.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

shirts and skins posted:

Last week Jeffery was smothered by Xavier Rhodes. I expected NY to use Jenkins in a similar role but clearly it's not the same.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Who would you rather have to cover for Big Ben's bye next week?

Luck vs Buffalo

OR

Dalton @ KC

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

shirts and skins posted:

Anyway, any streaming defenses to target this week? I hit a bullseye with the CIN defense last week but don't think @PIT is a very wise choice. Currently thinking LAC @CLE but could be persuaded otherwise.

I’m streaming Seattle across all 3 of my leagues. They’re toward the top of the list in takeaways and Oakland’s near the top in giveaways. I’m a little worried Carr’s getting his footing, but we’ll see.

LAC @CLE doesn’t seem like a bad choice, though.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I’m rolling with LAC@CLE, thought about the Seahawks also but I think OAK has a better chance of putting together good drives than CLE

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Coleman is the better runner, Freeman the better pass-catching back. Haven't seen anything in the past two years (since the effortpost about it) to change my mind. And they aren't exactly lacking in pass-catchers in Atlanta now that Hooper is a top-5 TE like I said he would be.

Coleman can catch really well too. He's a complete back.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Forever_Peace posted:

You have it literally backwards lol

Freeman is the better all around rb. He has better vision, better agility, can make guys miss and can play the power card too and run through people. Tevin is a one cut north and south runner with top end speed and awful balance. Freeman makes his own space, Tevin does not. Tevin has top end speed, Freeman does not. They both can catch but Tevin is the better receiver. They both suck in pass pro. Hth

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Oct 12, 2018

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Thinking about offering my Devonta Freeman for his Dalvin Cook, 1 PPR. Thoughts?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

The Zack posted:

Thinking about offering my Devonta Freeman for his Dalvin Cook, 1 PPR. Thoughts?
Try reaching out to the other owner first to see how much they value Dalvin Cook. Offering an injured back for an injured back is probably not going to work. You should be offering someone who can help them right now.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Cook isn't even carrying a Q right now, he is practicing fully. Offering an injured back for Cook right before Cook faces literally the worst defense against RBs in the league is going to be insulting to the person who put up with ostensibly their top guy being injured the entire season.

There is a lot of projection on my part here as I've been carrying Cook all season - if somebody offered me Freeman for him NOW I'd be pissed.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A buddy of mine asked me if he should accept this trade:

Give:
Rodgers
Adams
Conner

Get:
Ben
Brown
Hyde

Edit: PPR

He also owns Bell

Thoughts?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 12, 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

The Zack posted:

As a Cook owner, I would probably laugh at you but worth a try? :shrug:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

RCarr posted:

A buddy of mine asked me if he should accept this trade:

Give:
Rodgers
Adams
Conner

Get:
Ben
Brown
Hyde

Edit: PPR

He also owns Bell

Thoughts?

Nah, Hyde hasn't been PPR friendly this year. Squeeze for a better RB.

Emulator
Sep 20, 2007
perma-nub

The Zack posted:

As someone whos been sitting on Freeman in one league and Cook in another, I wouldn't make this trade as the Cook owner. As others have mentioned - after sitting on Cook all season people are ready to reap the rewards. Also honestly I'm a little concerned about Freeman's future in ATL.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I have gone full galaxy brain and am streaming the Bills against the Texans this week.

Trust The Process :pseudo:

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Tiptoes posted:

I have gone full galaxy brain and am streaming the Bills against the Texans this week.

Trust The Process :pseudo:

I literally just stopped dead and stared at this. I'm confused by your process.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

They have eight turnovers over the last three weeks. They held the Vikings and Packers to 28 points combined. They have a top CB who can travel with Hopkins. The Texans' o-line is terrible and their run game sucks. Watson has thrown a pick in every game so far. Also he's banged up and that "punctured lung" theory may not have been too far off so there's a slim chance Brandon Weeden could make an appearance.

Too many variables I like!

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 12, 2018

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Somebody picked them up this morning and I was a bit confused. But it makes more sense now.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The Bills have a top ten defense. It's the only part of the team that anyone would want to own in fantasy

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I need some running back help here. Currently very frustrated owner of Cook, Miller and Royce.

Ekeler is a free agent and I want to pick him up but don't know which one to drop. Between Miller or Royce really.

Also someone dropped Jordan Howard. I'm 8th in waiver priority. :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I need some running back help here. Currently very frustrated owner of Cook, Miller and Royce.

Ekeler is a free agent and I want to pick him up but don't know which one to drop. Between Miller or Royce really.

Also someone dropped Jordan Howard. I'm 8th in waiver priority. :(

Not sure your format, but in mine Ekeler has outperformed both. Ekeler has been solid, so I would probably look to drop Miller for him. Swap Howard for Royce too if you can.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

weird Asian candy posted:

Not sure your format, but in mine Ekeler has outperformed both. Ekeler has been solid, so I would probably look to drop Miller for him. Swap Howard for Royce too if you can.

Whoops, it's .5 PPR. And yeah Ekeler has outperformed both of them. I'm just hesitant to drop them for some stupid reason, needed validation it was the right move. Thanks.

I doubt Howard makes it to me.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Yeah I would drop Miller, but keep in mind that Ekeler has been doing what he's doing on 10 touches a game, so there's always a chance that he lays a turd if he doesn't score in a given week.

Based on that off the wall analysis RE: Bills D/ST I'm now rethinking my plan to pick up the Cowboys for this week. I currently have the Titans, so what do you guys think? Bills v HOU, Cowboys v JAC or stay put with the Titans?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Thanks everyone. I was under the impression that people would be happy to get rid of Dalvin.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The Cowboys defense could have a big game. Bortles has been throwing like poo poo, threw multiple interceptions to KC last week and 2nd most on the year. Also they are having trouble with their O line so you'd think the Cowboys could get some sacks. Tennessee defending against Baltimore might be okay although Flacco has only thrown three interceptions and hasn't taken many sacks. The Bills I'm still not sure about, they have been better recently but the Texans are also 4th in yards per game so far.

I would rate it as Cowboys best choice, Bills second best and Titans third. They're not all that far away from each other though.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Are the ravens a hold? I picked them up last week and they had a pretty good game.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Play posted:

I would rate it as Cowboys best choice, Bills second best and Titans third. They're not all that far away from each other though.

OK, yeah that is pretty in line with my thoughts and the Cowboys-Jags game has the lowest over/under of the week, so I'll ride with the desert people's choice. Thanks for the sanity check.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Anyone who streams Buffalo's defense deserves what they get.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Poque posted:

Cook isn't even carrying a Q right now, he is practicing fully. Offering an injured back for Cook right before Cook faces literally the worst defense against RBs in the league is going to be insulting to the person who put up with ostensibly their top guy being injured the entire season.

There is a lot of projection on my part here as I've been carrying Cook all season - if somebody offered me Freeman for him NOW I'd be pissed.

Yeah, you jinxed it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ben Nevis posted:

Yeah, you jinxed it.

nooooooooooooooooo

In other news I proposed a full team trade to my coworker with the best team in the league and he accepted

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That's some real the league style poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Poque posted:

nooooooooooooooooo

In other news I proposed a full team trade to my coworker with the best team in the league and he accepted

hahaha this is awesome